Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.

savinhill posted:

That was one of his first ADWD chapters, I think the same one where the crooked lord guy gave some disinfo about Jon's mother

Man. That chapter was some bullshit. All I remember is a whole lot of text about how great the chowder was. Like, it had saffron and everything, which is probably worth more than gold on bumfuck island. Hey guys, turns out Davos is still alive and touring the isles of Westeros looking for the best clam chowder. Stannis? What sort of fish is that? Does it go well with saffron?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quite the fucker
Apr 13, 2014

01100110 01110101 01100011 01101011 01100101 01110010
after reading asoiaf i'm convinced that, in spite of being a married, 70-year-old millionaire, george r r martin has never had sex

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
sisterton is cool and I'm glad we finally got an explanation of where "the sisterman" from the book 3 prologue was from

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Ketchup is garbage sauce and belongs on nothing.

Round here there's a decent mid-eastern and east african population, so donair and shawarma are everywhere and there's a few bomb-rear end places you can get take-out from during the wee drunk hours of the morning.

quite the fucker
Apr 13, 2014

01100110 01110101 01100011 01101011 01100101 01110010

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

sisterton is cool and I'm glad we finally got an explanation of where "the sisterman" from the book 3 prologue was from

sisterman bill

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

SaviourX posted:

Homemade catsup is pretty good and easy to make. All you need is a little flour and water.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I never understood ketchup on fries and burgers. You put cocktail sauce on fries and hamburger sauce on hamburgers.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

FreudianSlippers posted:

I never understood ketchup on fries and burgers. You put cocktail sauce on fries and hamburger sauce on hamburgers.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Ketchup is for egg sandwiches and only egg sandwiches.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

SaviourX posted:

Round here there's a decent mid-eastern and east african population, so donair and shawarma are everywhere and there's a few bomb-rear end places you can get take-out from during the wee drunk hours of the morning.

This cannot be said enough.

Also, it's laughable to suggest that Chicago doesn't have a variety of great food options (even if their pizza is not really pizza). I'm glad as hell that I don't live there any more, but it isn't because it lacked good food.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
Ketchup is only good because you can make homemade curry sauce with it by mixing curry powder into it. Which is actually good on hotdogs/brats.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

quite the fucker posted:

after reading asoiaf i'm convinced that, in spite of being a married, 70-year-old millionaire, george r r martin has never had sex

I'm sure he has nailed a whole host of 4/10 con girls.

SaviourX posted:

negative. Ketchup on Hamburgers / Fries, with a Coke (tm) is exactly how god intended it to be. I mean you can argue it doesn't go on hotdogs, or shouldn't go on steak, or that people who put it on their eggs are godless communists.. but to say it belongs on nothing is to say that you either lack the ability to recognize greatness, or that you deliberately blind yourself to it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

You can argue that ketchup shouldn't go on steak. You'd be making a loving idiot out of yourself, but technically you can. Ketchup plus steak equals loving win.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

What the gently caress.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm never going out to eat with any of you sick freaks.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You can argue that ketchup shouldn't go on steak. You'd be making a loving idiot out of yourself, but technically you can. Ketchup plus steak equals loving win.

a good steak should never need any condiment of any kind, ever.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
What ridiculous nonsense, a plain beef steak is basically poo poo on a plate.

Beef requires a good rich sauce to bring out its flavours, preferably one heavy on finely sliced strong onions, with a poignant blend of wild mushrooms and a heady dash of strong pepper.

And you have mayonnaise with chips you barbarians.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

mossyfisk posted:

What ridiculous nonsense, a plain beef steak is basically poo poo on a plate.

Beef requires a good rich sauce to bring out its flavours, preferably one heavy on finely sliced strong onions, with a poignant blend of wild mushrooms and a heady dash of strong pepper.

You had me going with that second paragraph.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

mossyfisk posted:

Vinegar or garlic mayonnaise. Worcestershire sauce is, as mentioned, also the business.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ketchup on eggs should be punishable by death in my opinion.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
The only things I eat are George RR Martin's books. 5 pages a day give me all the nutrition I need.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

French Fries with Tartar Sauce is better than it should be.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

RCarr posted:

Ketchup on eggs should be punishable by death in my opinion.

I like you.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
A mind needs books like a gluttonous fantasy author needs a trencher full of roasted capons drenched in a heavy sauce of cream and pearl onions fried in butter with chopped scallions and sprinkles of a hard sharp cheese grated on top, with a side of mashed turnips seasoned with a rich mixture of rare spices and a stout flagon of black foamy ale so sweet and strong a grown man would be half into his cups before he's done breaking his fast.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Show is definitely over.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
i just googled capon and apparently it's "a castrated domestic cock fattened for eating". Sounds about right.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Why do you castrate a capon does every animal get fat when you take they dick?

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Krinkle posted:

Why do you castrate a capon does every animal get fat when you take they dick?

Yes. Obviously there will be individuel exceptions, but most male animals do grow fat after castration.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think GRRM would be pretty approving of this page of the Bad Thread to be quite honest. Probably trying every recipe to figure out his favourite poster as we speak.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Atreiden posted:

Yes. Obviously there will be individuel exceptions, but most male animals do grow fat after castration.

Humans don't even need the castration. See: GRRM.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

i just googled capon and apparently it's "a castrated domestic cock fattened for eating". Sounds about right.

New thread titke

ASoIaF: Castrated domestic cocks fattened for eating.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Kylaer posted:

Humans don't even need the castration. See: GRRM.

I don't know, GURMs voice sounds like he might be castrated. Though I guess his poo poo dick desease disprove it... or does it? :tinfoil:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LMBO if you don't put horseradish on steak.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Atreiden posted:

I don't know, GURMs voice sounds like he might be castrated. Though I guess his poo poo dick desease disprove it... or does it? :tinfoil:

I was thinking his prodigious neckbeard disproves it pretty well

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

eat your vegetables dot com
Waht the hell is hamburger sauce

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I saw hotdog sauce once it's like a goo with onions in it? I have this thing where I read a book and someone mentions a food and I have to go eat it so a confederacy of dunces made me go find hotdog sauce and game of thrones keeps making me try wine even though I hate it. Everyone loves the wine so much it makes me think I will someday but I never do. Hotdog sauce was okay but i'm not going out of my way to find it ever again.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Proper steak does not need any sauce and the only additional flavor you should have is the side you're eating with it and occasionally the veggies the cook makes with the steak (onions, peppers) so that they also soak in some of the meat's juices. Have none of you people ever been to a proper steak house? That $15 steak you got at Applebee's doesn't count and it needs sauce because they're doing a mediocre job cooking an average cut of beef.

I want steak now you dicks. :mad:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

This guy A man knows his steaks.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Real-talk, whenever I cook for my son I barely season his food and now I have started eating unseasoned food too and it actually tastes pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Steak requires a salt crust while coming to room temp and then a shitload of butter to cook/baste it in. Let it rest and serve as is. If you're not doing it this way you're wrong and I hate you and the cow whose meat you just murdered for the second time will haunt you for life.