Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Sizone posted:

I guess that's what I should expect from someone who thinks 1990 is "silver age".

Well, there were a lot of metal arms and foil covers in the 90s...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Sizone posted:

Man, way to take frivolous joking about a c-list character seriously. I guess that's what I should expect from someone who thinks 1990 is "silver age".

The villain I want to see more of, Young Nastyman. Marvel/Miracleman something.

Young Nastyman, arch-rival nemesis to Wonderboy, with powers comparable to Wonderboy?!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Who What Now posted:

Young Nastyman, arch-rival nemesis to Wonderboy, with powers comparable to Wonderboy?!

I must ask, what kind of powers?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Dexie posted:

I must ask, what kind of powers?
I dunno how 'bout the power of flight?

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Endless Mike posted:

I still really want this shirt.

It's always best when you know what's on the other side.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
Stylin online used to have it available as a T-shirt but it looks like it's not on the website now.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

a kitten posted:

I dunno how 'bout the power of flight?

How about the power to kill a yak from 200 yards away...WITH MIND BULLETS?!!

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I read the entire Squirrel Girl comic and I take it back. Taken as a whole the art does admirably service the comic, but cherry picked panels/pages can look a little weird.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

smashpro1 posted:

How about the power to kill a yak from 200 yards away...WITH MIND BULLETS?!!

That's telekinesis, Kyle!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
This was not hard to find, and also comes without the pull toy: http://www.amazon.com/Incredible-Hulk-Comes-There-T-shirt/dp/B00KDNK01S

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Who What Now posted:

That's telekinesis, Kyle!

How bout the power... to move you?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

This was not hard to find, and also comes without the pull toy: http://www.amazon.com/Incredible-Hulk-Comes-There-T-shirt/dp/B00KDNK01S

Yeah but why the hell would you want it without the pull toy?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I want it with the pull toy, numb nuts.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Avengers 95 aka the inspiration for Venom driving the truck

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Wasteland 15

We're done with the sonic panels, right, got that foolishness out of our systems? I don't need to launch a retaliatory MLP panel strike, do I?

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

Sizone posted:

We're done with the sonic panels, right, got that foolishness out of our systems? I don't need to launch a retaliatory MLP panel strike, do I?

Pic from the awesome "comicallyrandom" account on Instagram, by the way.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

TwoPair posted:

Also what is Nancy's hair even supposed to be.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

That makes so much sense, of course Doreen would be roomates with The Electric Lady.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Topical humor from Wasteland # 16

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That does not make sense.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Actually, if he caught her early in the fall, gravity would not have had enough time to accelerate her to terminal velocity or anywhere near it and thus the sudden deceleration wouldn't have been fatal.

:science:/:goonsay:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

I know, an iphone without a case? Doesn't exist.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

redbackground posted:

I know, an iphone without a case? Doesn't exist.

I sell phones, and can confirm that there are still plenty of idiots in the world who think they don't need cases because "I'm always careful. I've never broken a phone in my life!"

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Yeah, but the iPhone shorts out if you hold it left-handed without a case.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Chaos Hippy posted:

I sell phones, and can confirm that there are still plenty of idiots in the world who think they don't need cases because "I'm always careful. I've never broken a phone in my life!"

Can confirm, I am an idiot who stepped on my new phone two weeks after buying it without a case. Then went almost broke fixing it and still haven't gotten a case because nnnnreh, they don't sell the right type of case around here, effort.

Spider-man, I'm right there with you on this one.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Chaos Hippy posted:

Well, I haven't!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Chaos Hippy posted:

I bet the money they've saved on cases and insurance would pay for a new phone.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I sold phones before at Best Buy and it amazed me that people would spend 30 bucks on a little plastic case.

You can get them for like 2 dollars at amazon people!

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jul 6, 2015

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

When I got my first smart phone (A Samsung Galaxy S3) the guy offered to sell me insurance which worked out at €5 a month extra.

Since it was the first time I had gotten a Smart Phone, I figured I'd go with it.

Two months into my contract I had smashed my phone twice and gotten replacement phones from the insurance. On that basis alone, I'd always advise someone to at least consider phone insurance as against the cost of replacing or repairing a phone.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

The Question IRL posted:

When I got my first smart phone (A Samsung Galaxy S3) the guy offered to sell me insurance which worked out at €5 a month extra.

Since it was the first time I had gotten a Smart Phone, I figured I'd go with it.

Two months into my contract I had smashed my phone twice and gotten replacement phones from the insurance. On that basis alone, I'd always advise someone to at least consider phone insurance as against the cost of replacing or repairing a phone.

Are your hands made out of butter or something?

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Senor Candle posted:

Are your hands made out of butter or something?

The Galaxy S3 feels like it's made of butter, I bought a case for mine just so I could hold onto it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

My iPhone 6 is the first phone I've had where I felt like it actually needed a case. I only put a case on my previous phone after Apple broke it trying to repair it under warranty and gave me a new one. I've yet to break any and screen repairs aren't really that expensive, anyway.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
If you need a case for your phone you're either an arthritic old person or a chump. :colbert:

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Stop posting about loving phone cases and post funny panels.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Giant Size Little Marvels AVX #2

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I got a case for my current phone because it's finally thin enough that a case doesn't make it feel like bulky garbage. I also have insurance on it, but that's because my last phone got stolen and now I'm paranoid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
^^^ Yes. Be paranoid. It's the only thing that will save you.

Endless Mike posted:

I bet the money they've saved on cases and insurance would pay for a new phone.

Not even close.

Elfface posted:

Yeah, but the iPhone shorts out if you hold it left-handed without a case.

That was like 4 iphones ago. Get with the times grandpa.