Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Jonesy posted:

it's me, I'm the guy with the heavy sniper camped out on the building sniping you as you try to get into Suburban, and then RPG-ing you from downtown.

stop it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

:flipoff:

firing a rocket and then zooming in with a sniper rifle to watch the impact is so rewarding

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Jose Mengelez posted:

seriously though they should have just put animals in and passive mode spawns you as something docile like a ccow or a whale but you can still be killed because gently caress you.

Plz make a game id buy it right now

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Why is everyone bitching about insurance. Did they increase the insurance pay out or something?

Any new ways to have fun in GTA Online? Particular good race or playlist? Etc

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Why is everyone bitching about insurance. Did they increase the insurance pay out or something?

Any new ways to have fun in GTA Online? Particular good race or playlist? Etc

No, insurance is still the same.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

Blazing Ownager posted:

:words:

edit: :siren: attn inept goons: this was a drawn out :frogout: directed at the scrub who can't play gta online without getting mad. go read back 2 pages to see him whining a lot. I was literally killing pubbies and blowing up their cars in freemode after this. removed so more goons don't get confused by blatant sarcasm.

UserErr0r fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jul 5, 2015

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Nothing quite like riding on top of a speeding RV taking potshots at Lost MC bikers with a musket :cool:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Speaking of the musket, is there any reason why one would be unable to get the independence day items on PC? Buddy of mine can't purchase the musket, it's transparent, and the fireworks launcher isn't there at all. Same for all the clothes options, they just don't appear in shops.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

Capn Beeb posted:

Speaking of the musket, is there any reason why one would be unable to get the independence day items on PC? Buddy of mine can't purchase the musket, it's transparent, and the fireworks launcher isn't there at all. Same for all the clothes options, they just don't appear in shops.

First thing is to make sure his game updated. There's a thing somewhere in the Social Club launcher to check your game's files but I have no idea where that is.
Second is... does this occur after a game restart and joining a separate session (and not rejoining the original session)?

titties
May 10, 2012

UserErr0r posted:

Whining about not being able to kill players in passive mode is hilarious because... it's not a shooter.

Do you see a kill and death counter on each player when you hit Z? Nope. The only time you see a kill counter is when someone kills you - and it's just between them and you. And your K/D ratio is also nearly never seen. K/D ratio is meaningless anyway because there's so many times you might get killed by a cheater, by a goon right after you get out of a heist mission (as per tradition), or when someone shoots thru the ammunation doors. Instead, you see "job points" as your score. You're supposed to do jobs. Free roam is more of an interactive lobby that allows you to do a whole bunch of poo poo in it.

It's Grand Theft Auto. It's a car game. The point is to drive cars (which may or may not be stolen). And not blow them up, either (because you previously got bad sport points for that).

Really the only part of GTA Online that focuses on killing people are the LTS/LMS/DM/TDM jobs. Go play those, or better yet...

This thread might be better suited for your killing fetish and need to say rekt whenever you kill someone.

It's great going into passive mode right when a pubbie tries to shoot me down with guided missiles. They get so mad.

this but unironically

If you actually were posting this sincerely, prepare to get wrekt by the thread

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
GTA not about blowing poo poo up :eyepop:

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
How to be a dick on the Humane Labs finale mission:
Be ground team, beat the other ground team member to the chopper. Get in on the side closest to them. As they walk around the chopper to the empty gunner seat, hit H to switch seats. Repeat until they go mad.
(I think it's H... muscle memory)

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
Its pretty hard to rag on passive mode when there are people running around with godmode and explosive chainguns. Then again, they can kill you in passive anyway so...

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

titties posted:

this but unironically

If you actually were posting this sincerely, prepare to get wrekt by the thread

Nah, it's specifically for that guy who was getting mad at videogames 2 pages ago.

edit: had a lot of time to kill waiting for GTA to load and then sitting in a heist lobby

UserErr0r fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jul 4, 2015

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

UserErr0r posted:

First thing is to make sure his game updated. There's a thing somewhere in the Social Club launcher to check your game's files but I have no idea where that is.
Second is... does this occur after a game restart and joining a separate session (and not rejoining the original session)?

I had him join a server with me and they showed up, except ground fireworks. His single player characters still can't get either gun, though :iiam:

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Wait since when can you wear a watch and gloves at the same time

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

The new minigame I've been playing is called Pubbie Birthday. I drive around in a green Vapid Minivan looking for low level players. If they don't blow me up on approach, I pull up to them and say "Time to go to soccer practice kiddo!" If they play along and get in the van with me, I drive around while lecturing them about how they've made me proud and I think 12 years old is mature enough to be able to handle the responsibility of a machine like this. Then I spawn a Rhino, Liberator, or whatever other fun Pegasus vehicles they haven't unlocked yet and let them take it for a ride. There's not much to this mini game, but I find it very heartwarming.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Bilal posted:

The new minigame I've been playing is called Pubbie Birthday. I drive around in a green Vapid Minivan looking for low level players. If they don't blow me up on approach, I pull up to them and say "Time to go to soccer practice kiddo!" If they play along and get in the van with me, I drive around while lecturing them about how they've made me proud and I think 12 years old is mature enough to be able to handle the responsibility of a machine like this. Then I spawn a Rhino, Liberator, or whatever other fun Pegasus vehicles they haven't unlocked yet and let them take it for a ride. There's not much to this mini game, but I find it very heartwarming.

A Goon being friendly to pubbies? :frogout:

Also, will the Liberator/Sovereign be available forever? Or does it cut off when the event ends (if so, when does the event end?) I've already bought a musket and fireworks launcher, but I really want the Sov and Liberator but I don't have enough GTA$, and I don't particularly want to either sell half my cars or buy GTA$ to afford them by a deadline if there isn't one.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Probably about the 8th when IGG:P2 is released because it gets events on the 10th IIRC.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Independence day event ends on the 6th allegedly so stuff will probably be gone after that.

Also, Giovanni thought I was going to steal his vehicle and blow it up. That's boring, I said.

First try :c00l:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

AirRaid posted:

Independence day event ends on the 6th allegedly so stuff will probably be gone after that.

Also, Giovanni thought I was going to steal his vehicle and blow it up. That's boring, I said.

First try :c00l:

This provided the laugh I needed. :)

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Any Xbox one players around willing to drag me through the final heist with my level 50 character before we marathon them all tomorrow?

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

DarkMalfunction posted:

A Goon being friendly to pubbies? :frogout:

Most us abide by "First Blood" rules. We wait until some one starts poo poo with us before tormenting them.

Granted, there are a handful that make fun of foreigners the moment they spawn in, but most of us are pretty chill.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I kill LLJK and WEZL on sight unless they are spewing bags of money.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I will say that I have found greifing known hackers to be hilarious. Especially if they are riding with some one.

"Why do you keep getting out of the truck?"

I ONLY do this when I can visually confirm them to be a hacker. Usually when they drive down the road and their car is rapidly changing colors.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

hagie posted:

Most us abide by "First Blood" rules. We wait until some one starts poo poo with us before tormenting them.

Granted, there are a handful that make fun of foreigners the moment they spawn in, but most of us are pretty chill.

Honourable. I like that.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Hellfaucet, that's a prostitute isn't it, you dirty stomp-around.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Well.

I have completed 8 weeks in a row of Daily objectives, for a total of $2,800,000 in reward money.

I think I'll stop now.

E: That's an average earning of 7.7 destroyed kurumas per day! :v:

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

UserErr0r posted:

Whining about not being able to kill players in passive mode is hilarious because... it's not a shooter.

Do you see a kill and death counter on each player when you hit Z? Nope. The only time you see a kill counter is when someone kills you - and it's just between them and you. And your K/D ratio is also nearly never seen. K/D ratio is meaningless anyway because there's so many times you might get killed by a cheater, by a goon right after you get out of a heist mission (as per tradition), or when someone shoots thru the ammunation doors. Instead, you see "job points" as your score. You're supposed to do jobs. Free roam is more of an interactive lobby that allows you to do a whole bunch of poo poo in it.

It's Grand Theft Auto. It's a car game. The point is to drive cars (which may or may not be stolen). And not blow them up, either (because you previously got bad sport points for that).

Really the only part of GTA Online that focuses on killing people are the LTS/LMS/DM/TDM jobs. Go play those, or better yet...

This thread might be better suited for your killing fetish and need to say rekt whenever you kill someone.

It's great going into passive mode right when a pubbie tries to shoot me down with guided missiles. They get so mad.

ahahaha Ownager had wrong opinions but this is loving insane

something awful never stop being full of poo poo

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Anime_Otaku posted:

Any Xbox one players around willing to drag me through the final heist with my level 50 character before we marathon them all tomorrow?

If other people are about I will be online in about 30 minutes.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

coupedeville posted:

Hellfaucet, that's a prostitute isn't it, you dirty stomp-around.

Legitimately the funniest thing posted in this thread solely for the phrase "dirty stomp-around."

Also, I think I may love the PCJ-600 in this game. It's the best looking sport bike by far :h:

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

T1g4h posted:

Legitimately the funniest thing posted in this thread solely for the phrase "dirty stomp-around."

Also, I think I may love the PCJ-600 in this game. It's the best looking sport bike by far :h:

Anyone else find the Innovation to be just somewhat lacking in oomph? I mean, it looks nice, but it is basically the same as the sovereign isn't it?

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

Zigmidge posted:

ahahaha Ownager had wrong opinions but this is loving insane

something awful never stop being full of poo poo

Did you miss the part where I said it was entirely directed at that guy and clearly a joke?

edit: it was pretty much a :frogout: that I had too much time to write since I was sitting on a loading screen

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

UserErr0r posted:

Did you miss the part where I said it was entirely directed at that guy and clearly a joke?

edit: it was pretty much a :frogout: that I had too much time to write since I was sitting on a loading screen

You know if you just went passive you could have not had to wait to come back from a private server to hit the ammunation

titties
May 10, 2012

DarkMalfunction posted:

Anyone else find the Innovation to be just somewhat lacking in oomph? I mean, it looks nice, but it is basically the same as the sovereign isn't it?

Compared to sport bikes, sure. As far as cruisers go, it's one of the fastest.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

OhsH posted:

You know if you just went passive you could have not had to wait to come back from a private server to hit the ammunation

I would, but someone would complain about being unable to kill me.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

UserErr0r posted:

I would, but someone would complain about being unable to kill me.

Who cares what white dots think? It's their fault they didn't kill you when they had the chance.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

titties posted:

Compared to sport bikes, sure. As far as cruisers go, it's one of the fastest.

Yeah the Innovation is the fastest cruiser, Although admittedly DarkMalfunction is correct in that the difference isn't too noticeable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

geeves posted:

Who cares what white dots think? It's their fault they didn't kill you when they had the chance.

They should do what I do.
If someone's in ammunation, I don't try to kill them.
I just park a car in front of both doors.

• Locked thread