Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Razor ray chamberlain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Maybe, just maybe, an umpire 70 metres away shouldn't overrule an umpire ten metres away on whether a contest was legal or not?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
:stare:

Cameron is probably the only player in the comp id be okay with trading Hogan for

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
This has turned into a bloody good game of footy. Those three goals in a couple of minutes were brilliant

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
I am actually somewhat emotionally invested in Richmond. I want the Collingwood game to be a big affair and I think they need a win today to make it that.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Apparently my cousin's kid was amongst the Auskickers at the MCG today. :3:

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
This late in the game, this tight a margin, you've got to go with the team that isn't Richmond

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Gough Suppressant posted:

Apart from beating the poo poo out of people at Fed Square you mean?

And then you see interviews with him in the last 2 years and he doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would get obliterated and starting beating the poo poo out of people at Fed Square.

fwiw, Cam Newton has an... interesting... history, and I still think he'd be an interesting person to speak to one-on-one, and his insane skillset basically demands a superbowl ring.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Richmond are being given a really big ride home by the umpires in the last imo

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

The umpires will probably get booed anyway.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

The Deadly Hume posted:

The umpires will probably get booed anyway.

Weird. It's like your some kind of wizard.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Richmond in non-Richmonding scandal

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
That was clearly holding the ball on Miles. The GWS counter attack that preceded it was terrible though, Cameron was surrounded by runners but kicked long to a contest for some reason

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

The Deadly Hume posted:

Apparently my cousin's kid was amongst the Auskickers at the MCG today. :3:

I played on the SCG as a kid. Did a lap of honour, meat pie n coke afterwards :) The AFL do a great job with that. Something you remember for life from your childhood.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Tigers should win the next 2 and lose the 2 after that, leaving them on 10 wins. They have a bunch of 50/50 games running into September that will really interesting (Crows/Pies/Roos)

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

For Adelaideans tomorrow, the oval will be open for kick-to-kick ("kick-and-catch"?) from 2:50 to 4:00 tomorrow when the cancelled game would've been played.
http://www.adelaideoval.com.au/newsdetail/16/18070/adelaide-oval-to-open-its-doors-tomorrow.aspx

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
I played on the MCG as a kid, for Essendon. Against Fitzroy.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

I like Ablett's beard

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Windmill Hut posted:

I like Ablett's beard

Looks like his hair slid down onto his face.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The Deadly Hume posted:

For Adelaideans tomorrow, the oval will be open for kick-to-kick ("kick-and-catch"?) from 2:50 to 4:00 tomorrow when the cancelled game would've been played.
http://www.adelaideoval.com.au/newsdetail/16/18070/adelaide-oval-to-open-its-doors-tomorrow.aspx

That's a lovely idea. Might have to head on down!

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Ablett visibly grimaced trying to lay a tackle just now. How can his shoulder still be hosed?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Shmoses posted:

Ablett visibly grimaced trying to lay a tackle just now. How can his shoulder still be hosed?

Through the power of woo medicine

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

North can be seriously bad sometimes. Like they have possibly the biggest gulf between their best and their worst in the entire league.

Shmoses posted:

Because gently caress noninflammatory medicine.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
In the NEAFL today...
UWS GIANTS 30.17 197
Swans 2.2 14

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

The games have been good this round thus far but GCS V Norf has real potential to go down as a legendarily lovely game

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Had a thought before; how do you think gambling companies would've handled the Crows/Cats match? IMO the best move would be anyone who placed a bet on the match gets a refund, anyone who had it as part of a multi gets their multi changed to whatever it would be if that match wasn't part of it, and anyone who bet on a draw gets their bet honoured. Difficult to predict how a company that already profits off of human misery would react to this situation, however.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Shmoses posted:

I played on the MCG as a kid, for Essendon. Against Fitzroy.

I played as North Melbourne, against Melbourne. I think it was 88 or 89

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Chairchucker posted:

Had a thought before; how do you think gambling companies would've handled the Crows/Cats match? IMO the best move would be anyone who placed a bet on the match gets a refund, anyone who had it as part of a multi gets their multi changed to whatever it would be if that match wasn't part of it, and anyone who bet on a draw gets their bet honoured. Difficult to predict how a company that already profits off of human misery would react to this situation, however.

Sadly this question gets filed under "Who the gently caress cares".

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Testekill posted:

North can be seriously bad sometimes. Like they have possibly the biggest gulf between their best and their worst in the entire league.
I would say easily. Like, Richmond can be bad, but they're never this bad

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Lmao Norf

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014
Lol Norf

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

You Am I posted:

Sadly this question gets filed under "Who the gently caress cares".

I dunno, I was just curious I guess. It's an issue that someone's gonna have to care about.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

The Tigers showed grit and character to grind out an ugly win that, in the past, they would have lost 100% of the time. We may have to start referring to them as actually good soon. The difference between their early season form when they dropped games to Geelong and Melbourne and now is massive.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
I can't tell if North are bad or Gold Coast are good.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Go GC, don't want this to be the first week I win a whopper.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

hiddenmovement posted:

The Tigers showed grit and character to grind out an ugly win that, in the past, they would have lost 100% of the time. We may have to start referring to them as actually good soon. The difference between their early season form when they dropped games to Geelong and Melbourne and now is massive.

Lol if you think they won't just lose their first final again

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Goddamn it I spoonmanned it

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Gough Suppressant posted:

Goddamn it I spoonmanned it

Way to go, Chris Cornell.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

TG-Chrono posted:

In the NEAFL today...
UWS GIANTS 30.17 197
Swans 2.2 14

Jed Lamb and former Bulldog Sam Reid kicked 15 goals between them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

TG-Chrono posted:

In the NEAFL today...
UWS GIANTS 30.17 197
Swans 2.2 14

I think this is a big story about Sydney, spent all their resources on Buddy/Tippet and will struggle in the near future once they have to start playing kids.

• Locked thread