Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

neurotech posted:

Is there any trick to finding the larvae you need to kill to summon the Queen Bee?

You basically need to explore around the underground Jungle until you see some beehive walls, then tunnel into the hive and look around inside it. Find the larva, hit it, fight the queen bee. After that it's easiest to make Abeeminations if you want to fight her again, but you can also keep exploring since there's often multiple beehives in any given world's Jungle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mortvert
Oct 13, 2013

What?!
This is amazing!

Zereth posted:

And the contents of their safe and piggy bank!

Wait, you mean that safe is actually a inventory separate from piggy bank? I always thought that you can access piggy bank inventory with it.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Mortvert posted:

Wait, you mean that safe is actually a inventory separate from piggy bank? I always thought that you can access piggy bank inventory with it.
Correct.

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012

The Moon Monster posted:

Does anyone know what's wrong with these two rooms? I can fill them with the appropriate furniture and it just gives me an unhelpful message that the room is "not suitable". Rooms that are their mirror images work fine.

Do you close the doors when you're trying to move people in? Sometimes that's all it takes for a room to flip between suitable and not suitable.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

Angry Diplomat posted:

You basically need to explore around the underground Jungle until you see some beehive walls, then tunnel into the hive and look around inside it. Find the larva, hit it, fight the queen bee. After that it's easiest to make Abeeminations if you want to fight her again, but you can also keep exploring since there's often multiple beehives in any given world's Jungle.

Great, thanks!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
All of you guys who make NPCs live in tiny identical rooms are terrible :colbert:

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I know. All of my bases end up looking like tenement houses. :(

Mortvert
Oct 13, 2013

What?!
This is amazing!

Internet Kraken posted:

All of you guys who make NPCs live in tiny identical rooms are terrible :colbert:

They'd get better rooms if they actually worked instead of idling all day long. :colbert:

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Re: The destroyer. Unless they changed it, It's possible to build your area with hellstone walls on the side and grapple to them. You'll take a small amount of damage from the burn, but the brief periods of invulnerability means the destroyer's odds of damaging you are quite low. That's how I did it way back in 1.1 anyways.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

I try to give them themed rooms, but at the start when you're stuck in a poo poo shack(and especially expert where you want to rush merchant/demolitionist) it's gonna be identical bare minimum prison cells until further notice.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Eh if I can beat the mechanical bosses without cheesing them you can too. (though cross necklace + myth charm + heart lanterns + campfire MIGHT be a little cheesy but its not like that makes you unstoppable, just a little bit of an edge)

Use holy arrows on the destroyer, the stars kill the worm AND take care of the probes. Once the destroyers been destroyed you can build a megashark and then crystal bullet murder the other two if you have a halfway sensible arena.

I still die 2-3 times per invasion, though. The solar eclipse I MIGHT have done a little better on had I noticed I still had my loving angler outfit on instead of armor :mad: This is the downside to vanity items.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

DarthJeebus posted:

Re: The destroyer. Unless they changed it, It's possible to build your area with hellstone walls on the side and grapple to them. You'll take a small amount of damage from the burn, but the brief periods of invulnerability means the destroyer's odds of damaging you are quite low. That's how I did it way back in 1.1 anyways.

They changed it.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

How is the mobile game? Its a slow day at work and I am debating on grabbing it.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

There's a demo, i tried it and did not like it.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Platforms are supposed to be able to separate rooms, right?

Can't figure out why the top two are invalid while the bottom one isn't.

vvv oh ok. Just placing the table and chair on solid blocks does the trick, thanks.

Kibbles n Shits fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jul 4, 2015

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

DarthJeebus posted:

Platforms are supposed to be able to separate rooms, right?

Can't figure out why the top two are invalid while the bottom one isn't.

You need at least one proper block on the floor for the npcs to rest at night.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Spergminer posted:

You need at least one proper block on the floor for the npcs to rest at night.

I think you need two.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Platforms are otherwise fine but you have to have at least one solid floor block per "house".

Edit gently caress beaten twice :argh:

I didn't realize this until like two days ago but stairs also divide rooms.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Kly posted:

I think you need two.

nope

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

You're a monster. The Dryad is going to freeze to death.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
It really feels like melee has been buffed by a lot. got an enchanted sword on the granite biome that made the early game trivial. especially the dungeon.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The Moon Monster posted:

Does anyone know what's wrong with these two rooms? I can fill them with the appropriate furniture and it just gives me an unhelpful message that the room is "not suitable". Rooms that are their mirror images work fine.

Turns out it doesn't really matter. Thanks to the location I picked the entire area building gets flipped to unsuitable every time I spawn the pillars :suicide:

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
I farmed hallowed mimics for the Daedalus Stormbow, and that combined with Holy arrows murdered the destroyer. I killed him enough times to get decked out in hallowed armor then killed the other two. It also murdered Plantera. I'm waiting to kill the Golem until I farm some more gold to get warding on all my accessories, since the stormbow will be useless for that fight.

E. Unless the golem area is bigger than it looks on the map.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

So I'm in an Expert game, and I've just killed the Eater of Worlds. Should my next step of progresssion be a) hunting meteorite b) preparing to fight Skeletron c) hunting down a queen bee in the jungle?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

SirSamVimes posted:

So I'm in an Expert game, and I've just killed the Eater of Worlds. Should my next step of progresssion be a) hunting meteorite b) preparing to fight Skeletron c) hunting down a queen bee in the jungle?
I usually hunt for meteorite to craft the armor and the Space Gun. It works very well in normal mode, but I dunno if it would be different for Expert.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

How the heck do you keep the moon lord from murdering you? He's blazingly fast, to the point that he usually chases me down and 2-shots me within seconds of the fight starting.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

SirSamVimes posted:

Dig up the subterranean desert for fossil armor.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Just got a bottomless bucket from the angler as a quest reward. Very helpful for artificially making places to fish, and also for flooding your friend's house.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Omi no Kami posted:

How the heck do you keep the moon lord from murdering you? He's blazingly fast, to the point that he usually chases me down and 2-shots me within seconds of the fight starting.

Minecarts outpace him. Make a circular track where you get up to speed and then leave it, add a teleporter from your base, then you can teleport over before he spawns, hop in your cart and be almost untouchable (he may still hit you every other loop or so). If you're near death, mirror back home, heal from the nurse, teleport back and repeat.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Fat_Cow posted:

How is the mobile game? Its a slow day at work and I am debating on grabbing it.
I got it once when it was on sale for $1. It's not bad but it's noticeably easier. I'd say it's playable on iPad but on iPhone it's tougher due to the smaller hotbar and viewable area. Worlds are locked at one size, smaller than PC small, and the cloud feature doesn't work that well (between iPad/iPhone) last I tried.

It will be interesting to see if and when it gets Expert mode.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Ashsaber posted:

Minecarts outpace him. Make a circular track where you get up to speed and then leave it, add a teleporter from your base, then you can teleport over before he spawns, hop in your cart and be almost untouchable (he may still hit you every other loop or so). If you're near death, mirror back home, heal from the nurse, teleport back and repeat.

Can you post a picture? Sounds interesting.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008
Re: The Lava Charm chat from a couple pages ago I myself have never found one either.

So my friend needed a Magic Mirror for himself and we started exploring in our Expert World where we're up to WoF. First Golden Chest we come across I tell him "You can open it". He goes over and says "Hmm. Intrepid Lava Charm, what's this?"

:suicide:

But he's a nice guy and he said I could have it, so I crafted the Night's Edge for him.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

What kind of tops and tricks do people have for expert skeletron?

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

I don't care if it will probably taper off hard as I go into the game. The Arkhalis owns so hard. 2nd living wood tree I found had it sitting in a shrine underneath it.

If you haven't seen one it basically turns you into a moving omni-directional meat grinder.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

Mortvert posted:

They'd get better rooms if they actually worked instead of idling all day long. :colbert:

What are those purple-gray blocks?

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

neurotech posted:

What are those purple-gray blocks?

Probably ebonstone brick.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Akett posted:

Probably ebonstone brick.

oh man that's going to lead to some...interesting... business later on

e: oh wait, you said BRICKS. No problem there, carry on.

vvv yeah, re-read after posting. My bad :(

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Excelzior posted:

oh man that's going to lead to some...interesting... business later on

Ebonstone brick doesn't spread corruption, and doesn't cause corruption mobs to spawn.

Silus
Dec 28, 2012

I often have mid to early housing made out of Ebonstone bricks as I get tons of the stuff from blowing up corruption with bombs. Crimson is less handy that way.
Current housing is mixed marble and sunplate blocks, with some granite underneath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Endgame summonman is cool but I have to turn off the dragon when I'm digging around because it murders everything as soon as they spawn and clogs my inventory with banners.