Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

GulagDolls posted:

oh, then gently caress off

Seriously tho, why would you roleblock me after my claim and MMM's flip?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
and I will most certainly NOT gently caress off. If I hadn't been roleblocked I would have stopped the kill and seen where Captain Foo went (probably to Met's)

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

met living to day two would have been a tragedy

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

GulagDolls posted:

met living to day two would have been a tragedy

Explain the rationale that led you to roleblock me, please.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

EXAKT Science posted:

and I will most certainly NOT gently caress off. If I hadn't been roleblocked I would have stopped the kill and seen where Captain Foo went (probably to Met's)

im sorry for saying that. i dont want anyone to feel bad. ive just had a real bad last couple of days.
the truth is...i wasn't paying attention and never saw the doc claim. <_>

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

GulagDolls posted:

im sorry for saying that. i dont want anyone to feel bad. ive just had a real bad last couple of days.
the truth is...i wasn't paying attention and never saw the doc claim. <_>

Sorry about your days :glomp:
You had over a day to reread the thread and choose your targets, Gulag... :(

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i did reread, just not very well, due to having severe brain failure, and then assumed i had done everything correctly

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

GulagDolls posted:

i did reread, just not very well, due to having severe brain failure, and then assumed i had done everything correctly

oh well, could have been worse. Who do you think is a badguy?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

idk yet. i want to make a chart of all the tracking/rolecop results

also met would have probably had to die eventually

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

GulagDolls posted:

idk yet. i want to make a chart of all the tracking/rolecop results

also met would have probably had to die eventually

Yeah probably, he was as close to confirmed town as he could get, imo. I was just very annoyed that I was going to hit with my protect but didn't.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EXAKT Science posted:

MMM's scumflip basically confirmed JakeP/Met as town to me because of how MMM had been pushing the Scum Miller angle, and so I figured scum would go for him last night. As it turns out, I was right, too.

I copped Gulag because he had been tunneling on me all of day 1 and I wanted to know if his role provided any clues as to why.

I mostly tracked Foo for this post here:

My case, which was solid and led to dunking a scum, was "not a good argument at all"? He was also voting me at EoD. Taken together, it looked like he was trying to divert the dunk away from his scumbuddy and kill the confirmed doctor instead. Despite my lack of result, I'm going to ##vote Captain Foo

Hmmm, ok, that makes sense I guess. I hadn't really associated you with being the reason we did MMM, but I can see why you feel you were. Even on rereading I feel like Ghastly and Roy were the real reason it happened. I'd say all three of you look pretty good for it.

EXAKT Science posted:

By second strongest scumread is on you, KB.

Really? Based on? Even on rereading myself I'm not seeing it. It is pretty obvious I wasn't on his scum team because there is no way I would have been the hammer. If I hadn't hammered at literally the last moment, it wouldn't have happened. It would have been a no cuddle. I was torn on whether or not to even do it because I really didn't think he was scum. If I was on his team, I would have held to that as my reason for not hammering so that he could use his PGO powers. It would have been a bloodbath.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EXAKT Science posted:

WHY WOULD YOU ROLEBLOCK A CLAIMED DOCTOR WHO MADE THE CASE THAT DUNKED A SCUM AAAAAA

It's possible he was just distracted as he said he was, but honestly, this makes him one of my number one scum. For both setup spec reasons as well as his target choice.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm really curious to hear from everyone else at this point. Also, some of the folks who have been here like Carpet but haven't talked about night actions. Either talk about them or tell us why you wouldn't.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I feel like I should vote for Gulag, but I also feel like I'd be abusing divined information.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I feel like I should vote for Gulag, but I also feel like I'd be abusing divined information.

Theoretically someone was actually supposed to get that info. At this point I have to assume it is someone who hasn't shared. So we'll see.

Also, the person that made the kill is probably one of those who hasn't shared.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

So night actions so far:

Omega visited Zet and Exakt
AC visited Omega and confirms the above. No second action?
Roy visited KB and saw KB visit Roy and Zet.
KB visited Zet and saw him visit GG and KB.
KB visited Roy and confirmed he is vanilla(only rolecop/tracker)
GG visited Zet and saw him visit GG and KB
GG visited Roy and saw him visited by KB and Carpet
Zet visits KB and GG and confirms their stories
Exakt got RB'd
Gulag RB'd Exakt
Gulag visited AC and confirms AC's visit of Omega and AC's vanilla role.

Unless we are all on a scum team together, it is pretty clear Zet and me and GG were not responsible for last night's kill. I'd say Omega and Exakt are pretty clear from the above too.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

this game would be too easy if we could track scum to the nightkill i think

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

GulagDolls posted:

this game would be too easy if we could track scum to the nightkill i think

Well, I think the game description rules that out in part:

jon joe posted:

This game's roles are specifically designed to upset your assumptions of your results, however. Do not put too much stock in your Rolecop or Tracker results as they apply to standard mafia logic. However, I will state that you will never receive an erroneous result on either; no insanity, undisclosed bus-drives, or visits that don't do what they say they do. The rolecop and tracker can, but not must, be used with your other role powers, if any, without issue. Including on the same or different players.

I mean, I suppose there could be a ninja? But wouldn't all their actions be hidden then? Which would again, rule the above people out? Not to mention the rolecopping would reveal that role?

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Scum has incentive to wait as they can cater their report to fit the narrative they want to create, one that fits the stories of other people.

But the Holiday also has an impact on non reporters.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

And imagine how many town would potentially have died to PGO if we didn't get him out on the first go. It could have been balanced with that in mind. I mean, it was potentially possible for scum to win on N1.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

King Burgundy posted:

So night actions so far:

Omega visited Zet and Exakt
AC visited Omega and confirms the above. No second action?
Roy visited KB and saw KB visit Roy and Zet.
KB visited Zet and saw him visit GG and KB.
KB visited Roy and confirmed he is vanilla(only rolecop/tracker)
GG visited Zet and saw him visit GG and KB
GG visited Roy and saw him visited by KB and Carpet
Zet visits KB and GG and confirms their stories
Exakt got RB'd
Gulag RB'd Exakt
Gulag visited AC and confirms AC's visit of Omega and AC's vanilla role.

Unless we are all on a scum team together, it is pretty clear Zet and me and GG were not responsible for last night's kill. I'd say Omega and Exakt are pretty clear from the above too.

Oh, also, Roy should have been on this not responsible list.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Can we make a short list of
1. Who wasn't evidently visited
2. Who wasn't roll copped
3. Who hasn't reported

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

King Burgundy posted:

Oh, also, Roy should have been on this not responsible list.

Yes, I indeed was not responsible, I wasn't even responsible enough to use both roles.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Roydrowsy posted:

3. Who hasn't reported

I'm gonna eat some dinner, but if no one beats me to it I'll take care of it when I get back.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Roydrowsy posted:

3. Who hasn't reported

1) People that have no proof of being visited:
Foo
Carpet
PinMom
Gulag (This is pending since I'm assuming someone did due to the mod mistake/rolecop of him)

2)People who have not been rolecopped:
Foo
Exakt (Not sure what Omega did here)
GG (But he kinda outted himself anyway)
Omega(But possibly was by AC, she just didn't say)
PinMom
Carpet
Zet (Not sure what Omega did here)

3)People who haven't reported:
Foo
PinMom
Carpet

4)People with incomplete reports:
AC
Omega

----

That's my take on what we have so far.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Oh, yeah, I rolecopped Goo. 'nilla.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Sorry. Been awake ~36 hours at this point

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

King Burgundy posted:

1) People that have no proof of being visited:
Foo
Carpet
PinMom
Gulag (This is pending since I'm assuming someone did due to the mod mistake/rolecop of him)

2)People who have not been rolecopped:
Foo
Exakt (Not sure what Omega did here)
GG (But he kinda outted himself anyway)
Omega(But possibly was by AC, she just didn't say)
PinMom
Carpet
Zet (Not sure what Omega did here)

3)People who haven't reported:
Foo
PinMom
Carpet

4)People with incomplete reports:
AC
Omega

----

That's my take on what we have so far.

With this in mind, I think I am most interested in seeing what PinMom has to say. They have hardly said anything this entire game. They posted an early vote for EXAKT and that is really about it. Honestly the same goes for Carpet and Foo. I'm hardly in a position to meta-game anybody, but I feel like Foo seemed a lot more helpful in the last game we played.

It seems a little weird that there might be 3 people in some sort of self contained bubble.

Lots to consider.
Need more input.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!
I've read the thread, but due to holiday I am a bit frazzled and will reread the thread tomorrow.

I wanted to see why my reports didn't make sense to me.

I saw Exakt visit no one.

Zetsubou is vanilla (for this game).

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

King Burgundy posted:

Hmmm, ok, that makes sense I guess. I hadn't really associated you with being the reason we did MMM, but I can see why you feel you were. Even on rereading I feel like Ghastly and Roy were the real reason it happened. I'd say all three of you look pretty good for it.

Really? Based on? Even on rereading myself I'm not seeing it. It is pretty obvious I wasn't on his scum team because there is no way I would have been the hammer. If I hadn't hammered at literally the last moment, it wouldn't have happened. It would have been a no cuddle. I was torn on whether or not to even do it because I really didn't think he was scum. If I was on his team, I would have held to that as my reason for not hammering so that he could use his PGO powers. It would have been a bloodbath.

Your explanation about the PGO bit makes sense, but you did say you'd hammer MMM to avoid a no-lunch, but had no interest in voting him other than that. I could see you hammering him to keep up appearances, but your explanation does make me feel better about you. What made me more suspicious was the way you proposed Zetsu as an alternative and pushed him as an alternative to MMM up until a point that felt uncomfortably close to deadline.

King Burgundy posted:

It's possible he was just distracted as he said he was, but honestly, this makes him one of my number one scum. For both setup spec reasons as well as his target choice.

I always have an impossible time reading Gulag. I guess I'd vote him today, but he's not my first choice. KB, what do you think of Foo, especially his defense of MMM?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EXAKT Science posted:

I always have an impossible time reading Gulag. I guess I'd vote him today, but he's not my first choice. KB, what do you think of Foo, especially his defense of MMM?

I'm suspicious of him. And Gulag, and PinMom. And maybe even Carpet. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop and them to come back into the thread and discuss their actions before I pursue anything in earnest though.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!
Based on the rules as expressed, I'm pretty sure we could track to the kill unless there was a Ninja. If we can't, then it's gonna be hard to base this stuff on role information.

On a related note, I am inclined to believe Exakt is town after yesterday AND the information I got n1.

Phone posting is hard.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

I am getting a funny feeling.

EXAKT Science posted:

WHY WOULD YOU ROLEBLOCK A CLAIMED DOCTOR WHO MADE THE CASE THAT DUNKED A SCUM AAAAAA

I am curious about this.
Can you explain how you "made the case that dunked a scum?"

You made this post.

EXAKT Science posted:

alright, just wanted to check. i've seen worse day 1 cases, but you're wrong. i think MMM is a better vote today.

this is MMM's only vote so far. then he makes this post:

"one of these two guys is a scum, i'll vote either one. i don't think there's a good case on anyone else" *continues voting gulag*

##vote MMM

Which is the ONLY thing you happened to say about MMM.
Which, to be honest...

Captain Foo posted:

this isn't a good argument at all

And immediately after you "made the case" you posted...

EXAKT Science posted:

four of us could swing to Met

After the JakeP thing went south and he switch, you were the number one candidate to vote out. You suggested the push to Met, which would have spared you and MMM. When things continued to head your way, you used the doctor thing.

Things don't quite feel right concerning you.

EXAKT Science posted:

I got roleblocked. I tried to protect Met, track CaptainFoo, and Rolecop Gulag, but none of it happened.

There is no way to prove or confirm this is true. In fact, nobody has even confirmed that you ARE a doctor yet. We have to take your word for it, where as we have confirmation of what most other people did.

That being said,
We have been told that the information we get isn't always going to be cut and dry. It is possible that there are people with roles/positions we assume are Town aligned, who are not. Having a "doc" role blocked the night he says he was going to protect the dude who got killed... it's convenient.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Roydrowsy posted:

I am getting a funny feeling.

I am curious about this.
Can you explain how you "made the case that dunked a scum?"

You made this post.

Which is the ONLY thing you happened to say about MMM.
Which, to be honest...

And immediately after you "made the case" you posted...

After the JakeP thing went south and he switch, you were the number one candidate to vote out. You suggested the push to Met, which would have spared you and MMM. When things continued to head your way, you used the doctor thing.

Things don't quite feel right concerning you.

There is no way to prove or confirm this is true. In fact, nobody has even confirmed that you ARE a doctor yet. We have to take your word for it, where as we have confirmation of what most other people did.

That being said,
We have been told that the information we get isn't always going to be cut and dry. It is possible that there are people with roles/positions we assume are Town aligned, who are not. Having a "doc" role blocked the night he says he was going to protect the dude who got killed... it's convenient.

You have managed to build up a lot of goodwill with..

some luck...
an as of yet unverified Doctor claim
and information that cannot be confirmed, that we have to take your word for.

I'm willing to have somebody convince me I'm wrong, but for right now ##vote EXAKT

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

OmegaGoo posted:

:what:

Also, I got absolutely loving useless information with my night actions. I visited Zets and Exakt Science.

can you clarify on these visits?
who did you role cop? what did it say?
who did you track? what did you find?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

quote:

in what way is it convenient? him claiming to have protected the guy who died doesn't help or hinder him in any way.

I think exakt is taking a bit too much credit for MMM's death too but, again, this isn't something that makes him scum. it's a common thing to do, to overstate your own importance when you were on a scum lynch. i've done/thought it bunches of times.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

in what way is it convenient? him claiming to have protected the guy who died doesn't help or hinder him in any way.

I think exakt is taking a bit too much credit for MMM's death too but, again, this isn't something that makes him scum. it's a common thing to do, to overstate your own importance when you were on a scum lynch. i've done/thought it bunches of times.

Part of it is a gut thing. It just doesn't feel right.
The moment Exakt is role blocked, if he has doctoral powers of protection, he has the ability to claim that he intended to save ANYBODY within the game. The person he states he wanted to protect and save is JakeP, who died and flipped town.

So, Exakt can be telling us the truth that this is what he intended to do.
Or, he can lie and say it was what he intended to do. There is no way to make sure. I disagree that the claim can help him. While not overly, the claim that he attempted to save a non-confirmed member of town creates a pro-town narrative.

"I am the case on MMM" an attempt to portray a pro-town narrative (while exaggerated)
"I am the doctor" still technically not confirmed - saved himself from the D1 vote - building trust and a pro-town narrative
"if I could have, I would have said the dead town member" - part of the pro-town narrative.

Also, if Exakt goes out and identifies himself as doctor, wouldn't that have made them a priority target?

I dunno, it just feels wrong.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Roydrowsy posted:

So, Exakt can be telling us the truth that this is what he intended to do.
Or, he can lie and say it was what he intended to do. There is no way to make sure. I disagree that the claim can't help him. While not overtly, the claim that he attempted to save a non-confirmed member of town creates a pro-town narrative.

sorry, had to edit.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
it's worth noting that Exakt's post saying he was roleblocked came after gulag was discovered as being a roleblocker. Also of note is Omega saying Exakt didn't go anywhere, and it seems Omega was confused this, hinting that Omega hadn't fully read the thread when that post was made.

there's not enough to say for certain that scum are involved in this, but it is worth poking at. Not everyone had checked in yet, either. But festivities happened so it's not really a pressing matter, yet.

also: Roy just made a good point. Why did a Day 1 self-proclaimed doctor not die? If there is indeed a ninja doing the NK, it would have been a perfect opportunity to pick him off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Zetsubou-san posted:

it's worth noting that Exakt's post saying he was roleblocked came after gulag was discovered as being a roleblocker. Also of note is Omega saying Exakt didn't go anywhere, and it seems Omega was confused this, hinting that Omega hadn't fully read the thread when that post was made.

there's not enough to say for certain that scum are involved in this, but it is worth poking at. Not everyone had checked in yet, either. But festivities happened so it's not really a pressing matter, yet.

also: Roy just made a good point. Why did a Day 1 self-proclaimed doctor not die? If there is indeed a ninja doing the NK, it would have been a perfect opportunity to pick him off.

but our roleblocker has confirmed they performed this action. So we can reasonable assume that Exakt was actually role blocked. And all Omega has shared thus far was that their results were useless.

• Locked thread