Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

quote:

it's worth noting that Exakt's post saying he was roleblocked came after gulag was discovered as being a roleblocker. Also of note is Omega saying Exakt didn't go anywhere, and it seems Omega was confused this, hinting that Omega hadn't fully read the thread when that post was made.

i don't understand what you're getting at

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I think you are possibly going a bit crazy, Roy. Let's let the missing members of the night action squad post before we go off all half-cocked.

Roydrowsy posted:

can you clarify on these visits?
who did you role cop? what did it say?
who did you track? what did you find?

He did clarify:

OmegaGoo posted:

I've read the thread, but due to holiday I am a bit frazzled and will reread the thread tomorrow.

I wanted to see why my reports didn't make sense to me.

I saw Exakt visit no one.

Zetsubou is vanilla (for this game).

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Roydrowsy posted:

but our roleblocker has confirmed they performed this action. So we can reasonable assume that Exakt was actually role blocked. And all Omega has shared thus far was that their results were useless.

I had a tinfoil theory, but on a closer look it doesn't pan out unless Exakt, Gulag and AC are all scum, and that seems too many.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Zetsubou-san posted:

also: Roy just made a good point. Why did a Day 1 self-proclaimed doctor not die? If there is indeed a ninja doing the NK, it would have been a perfect opportunity to pick him off.

It's a game of chicken. If you are scum you have to decide if you think the doctor is going to self protect or protect someone else. If you are a doctor you have to decide if now is the time to protect yourself or if you should be focused elsewhere. If Exakt is telling the truth about his target, he chose incredibly rightly. There are a variety of other variables. Is Gulag scum? if so, they knew the doc would be roleblocked, why not kill him? Etc.

I don't know how much we'll get from thinking about this when it is a single nights worth of actions. This becomes more easy to puzzle out when it becomes a pattern of actions.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

King Burgundy posted:

I think you are possibly going a bit crazy, Roy. Let's let the missing members of the night action squad post before we go off all half-cocked.

He did clarify:

it is possible. and we absolutely need more information, i just wanted to throw some things out and get a conversation on anything going.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!
Can't multi-quote in a phone post, but I have clarified my results, and I posted first toDay stating my confusion, so there was nothing to read yet.

The fact that Exakt visited no one confused me. I did not report who I did what action on before anyone else posted. Soon after he claimed that he was roleblocked, Gulag confirmed that. After that fiasco, I reported my full results.

Additionally, apostate confirmed my visits.

At this time, I am inclined to believe Exakt is town.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Zetsubou-san posted:

I had a tinfoil theory, but on a closer look it doesn't pan out unless Exakt, Gulag and AC are all scum, and that seems too many.

Wouldn't I have to be scum too for that theory?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Zetsubou-san posted:

I think I see where you're going with this, re: Exakt and Gulag, but where do I fit in?

I mean, it's pretty "tinfoil" as you put it, but if Exakt is a ninja then Gulag could just be covering for him.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

apostateCourier posted:

I think I see where you're going with this, re: Exakt and Gulag, but where do I fit in?

I mean, it's pretty "tinfoil" as you put it, but if Exakt is a ninja then Gulag could just be covering for him.

the fact that gulag mentioned rolecopping and tracking you (to Omega) and then you confirming that suggested you might be in it together:

:tinfoil:

exakt (ninja) NKs met (does not use RC or T, just in case they are not covered by ninja)
gulag (blocker) visits both exakt and AC (doesn't matter if uses RC or T, just as long as visits both) (in case outside party tracks gulag)
AC (normie) visits someone else

gulag gets the result from AC and claims the use of three actions if the need to play the roleblocker card arises

end :tinfoil:

but that's okay, just came up with an even tinfoiler theory that doesn't require AC sharing info.

:tinfoil::tinfoil:

exakt (strongman ninja) NKs met
gulag (blocker) does exactly as claimed (blocks exakt, RC&Ts AC)

even the fact that gulag seemed to go at exakt D1 is consistent: if exakt was lynched instead, MMM could have done untrackable NKs and Town would have to get lucky to work out the carnage.

end :tinfoil::tinfoil:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Roydrowsy posted:

You have managed to build up a lot of goodwill with..

some luck...
an as of yet unverified Doctor claim
and information that cannot be confirmed, that we have to take your word for.

I'm willing to have somebody convince me I'm wrong, but for right now ##vote EXAKT

This is ridiculous. To believe I am scum, you have to believe some combination of the following:

I fakeclaimed Doctor in a game where literally any player could disprove my fakeclaim
I am a scum Doctor
I hardbussed an incredibly powerful scum role on day 1 when he had no heat on him whatsoever

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Also you can call my reasoning not good all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that I was right.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

EXAKT Science posted:

This is ridiculous. To believe I am scum, you have to believe some combination of the following:

I fakeclaimed Doctor in a game where literally any player could disprove my fakeclaim
I am a scum Doctor
I hardbussed an incredibly powerful scum role on day 1 when he had no heat on him whatsoever

You could be a scum doc. I think the nature of this set up would allow for a situation where we may assume we have someone on our side based on roll, and be totally wrong, as a means of balance. Even with all the input we have the ability to take in, there has to be something to balance things on the side of scum.

You greatly overestimate your role in MMM's demise. You cast a second vote at a time in the game that it didn't mean much. That lynch actually happened for three reasons.

One. JakeP got probated, leading to the withdrawal of votes in him.

Two. With deadline closing in, the only two people with votes to really consider were you and MMM

Three. You claimed doc.

That was how that all came together.

All I am saying at this point, and the one thing I want people to consider is that you have not yet proven yourself to be town.

I am not even saying anybody else vote my way, we still need more info from people. I might be way overthinking things, I will be the first to admit it. Something just feels off is all.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Roydrowsy posted:

You could be a scum doc. I think the nature of this set up would allow for a situation where we may assume we have someone on our side based on roll, and be totally wrong, as a means of balance. Even with all the input we have the ability to take in, there has to be something to balance things on the side of scum.

You greatly overestimate your role in MMM's demise. You cast a second vote at a time in the game that it didn't mean much. That lynch actually happened for three reasons.

One. JakeP got probated, leading to the withdrawal of votes in him.

Two. With deadline closing in, the only two people with votes to really consider were you and MMM

Three. You claimed doc.

That was how that all came together.

All I am saying at this point, and the one thing I want people to consider is that you have not yet proven yourself to be town.

I am not even saying anybody else vote my way, we still need more info from people. I might be way overthinking things, I will be the first to admit it. Something just feels off is all.

You honestly believe that I was bussing MMM?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i'm going to assume at least one of you is town but it's really weird that, like, exakt is your preferred vvoted today roy

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

i'm going to assume at least one of you is town but it's really weird that, like, exakt is your preferred vvoted today roy

I dunno if he is my preferred anything, I'm just putting ideas down waiting for the rest of the info to come in.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

hi i'm back from the 4th of july long weekend and am p fried still but i'll say this; someone said they tracked me and got no result - that is quite possibly because i didn't submit a night action because i wasn't physically in a position to

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

EXAKT Science posted:

and I will most certainly NOT gently caress off. If I hadn't been roleblocked I would have stopped the kill and seen where Captain Foo went (probably to Met's)

yeah this post, i didn't go anywhere at all

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The Carpet Shark posted:

Hitting a scum early is pretty cool. I think we can probably look for connections between MMM and other players to determine alignment. I doubt roy is scum based on his interactions with MMM for instance.

i am suspicious of this post, it's all pro-town truisms and a gimmie

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

EXAKT Science posted:

Also I feel like I'm confirmed town at this point, anyone have any thoughts to the contrary?

agh this is weird, by the game mechanics i feel like exact is pretty strong town at this point but his posting isn't; he's spending a lot more time trying to defend his town bona fides than actually hunt scum (so far on d2)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

aagh i know i've played very badly in mafia when i play when too tired, so i'm gonna bow out for tonight and check back tomorrow

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

yeah this post, i didn't go anywhere at all

why not

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

ah, i read one post up. idk this is an awfully weird set of coincidences lol

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

The Carpet Shark posted:

Hello, I am here and alive.

hi carp :sun:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I tracked Gulag and RCed AC, who is vanilla.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Roydrowsy posted:

With this in mind, I think I am most interested in seeing what PinMom has to say. They have hardly said anything this entire game. They posted an early vote for EXAKT and that is really about it. Honestly the same goes for Carpet and Foo. I'm hardly in a position to meta-game anybody, but I feel like Foo seemed a lot more helpful in the last game we played.

It seems a little weird that there might be 3 people in some sort of self contained bubble.

Lots to consider.
Need more input.

how did the same go for me? i was actually the last vote on exakt; the very next post is him claiming and then the vote swinging

i am confused by you trying to group me in with people by stating i did something i obviously didn't do

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

apostateCourier posted:

It would be weird but you could also be a scum pgo -which you would find hilarious if you could trick half of the game to suicide on you night one.

I mean, it's super unlikely but I'm fairly paranoid about crazy roles in a game like this! You're probably what you say you are though. Town you would say this stuff.

i think this is the first post discussing PGOs itt, though it's directed at jakep/met

i was mostly interested in finding out if it was MMM who first suggested it, because that would have been a slick move

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Pinterest Mom posted:

I tracked Gulag and RCed AC, who is vanilla.

where did you see gulag go?

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Captain Foo posted:

how did the same go for me? i was actually the last vote on exakt; the very next post is him claiming and then the vote swinging

i am confused by you trying to group me in with people by stating i did something i obviously didn't do

You are in that group as you had not reported your findings at the time, nor did information come back on you.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

King Burgundy posted:

So night actions so far:

Omega visited Zet and Exakt
AC visited Omega and confirms the above. No second action?
Roy visited KB and saw KB visit Roy and Zet.
KB visited Zet and saw him visit GG and KB.
KB visited Roy and confirmed he is vanilla(only rolecop/tracker)
GG visited Zet and saw him visit GG and KB
GG visited Roy and saw him visited by KB and Carpet <- :confused:
Zet visits KB and GG and confirms their stories
Exakt got RB'd
Gulag RB'd Exakt
Gulag visited AC and confirms AC's visit of Omega and AC's vanilla role.

Unless we are all on a scum team together, it is pretty clear Zet and me and GG were not responsible for last night's kill. I'd say Omega and Exakt are pretty clear from the above too.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Roydrowsy posted:

You are in that group as you had not reported your findings at the time, nor did information come back on you.

that's not at all what that post says? i'm v confused

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

EXAKT Science posted:

I am a scum Doctor

the first isn't necessary because of the second,
the third admittedly seems very unlikely.
I don't think you're scum tho

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i'm currently suspicious of king burgundy after re-reading how the end of d1 went

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Can you clarify your stance on King Burgundy? I just reread D1, and I didn't see anything that pinged me.

I think part of the problem is that I'm suspicious of Zets as well, but I don't have a solid case yet. I'll get back to you on that in just a bit.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

his posts aren't as contact-filled as i though they were during the actual play of d1, and the way he says "looks like a no-lynch" then extremely retiscently seems to hammer MMM isn't great imo. he also put together the actcivity list on d2 which is good, but there's at least one thing rly cocnfuisng about it and i'm not sure where it's cocming from

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Foo posted:

his posts aren't as content-filled as i though they were during the actual play of d1, and the way he says "looks like a no-lynch" then extremely reticently seems to hammer MMM isn't great imo. he also put together the activity list on d2 which is good, but there's at least one thing rly confusing about it and i'm not sure where it's coming from

mafia edit jfc typos what is wrong with me

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Captain Foo posted:

his posts aren't as contact-filled as i though they were during the actual play of d1, and the way he says "looks like a no-lynch" then extremely retiscently seems to hammer MMM isn't great imo. he also put together the actcivity list on d2 which is good, but there's at least one thing rly cocnfuisng about it and i'm not sure where it's cocming from

putting together all the lists and sorting the info was really helpful, and makes me also inclined to think town.

the thing that is potentially troublesome about King, is that with about 8 minutes until the lynching deadline, he tried to get that ball rolling on the Zetsu lynch, and built up enough momentum to switch a few votes over. Started the idea of a last minute switch at 8, cast his vote at 6 min to deadline to build momentum, and only put his vote in at the last minute when it failed. it was an odd situation to witness.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Roydrowsy posted:

putting together all the lists and sorting the info was really helpful, and makes me also inclined to think town.

the thing that is potentially troublesome about King, is that with about 8 minutes until the lynching deadline, he tried to get that ball rolling on the Zetsu lynch, and built up enough momentum to switch a few votes over. Started the idea of a last minute switch at 8, cast his vote at 6 min to deadline to build momentum, and only put his vote in at the last minute when it failed. it was an odd situation to witness.

there are some oddities in the list that could be explained by malice, (or confusion on my part)

what you said about the deadline is exactly what i was getting at; i didn't see it live but on a re-read it felt real weird. especially the zet vote that already existed, with the explicit intention to start the ball rolling

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Ok, my case on Zets: he hasn't said much. Seriously, that's all I've got. He then has his tinfoil theory, which I'd like him to elaborate on my role in; otherwise, I really don't have much, and that's part of the problem.

Pinterest Mom has also posted absolutely nothing, and Carpet Shark has also been scarce. Of the three, Pinterest has been the least useful.

##vote PInterest

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

:coolfish:
Hi, I'm back, been busy.

I like Roy's case on EXAKT. It hits on a couple of things I didn't really like about the weird posturing that happened around deadline the other day.

Specifically, I think once scum are in that situation of a scum player getting pressure as the vote to avoid a no lynch candidate they'd want to basically put effort into bussing while also trying to not get the person lynched.

Leading to situations like:

apostateCourier posted:

This late yeah possibly ##vote MMM

apostateCourier posted:

##vote Zet gently caress fine

apostateCourier posted:

##vote MMM yeah we can't no lynch

I'm not sure if EXAKT specifically makes sense though? Like I guess what gets me is that MMM flipped scum PGO, and you guys earlier said that PGO means everybody who visits you dies? That seems like a tremendous ability for scum to have. Why would EXAKT essentially sacrifice MMM in that situation? I don't really get it.

I do think apostateCourier is looking pretty suspicious though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

:coolfish:

Roydrowsy posted:

He also cast the last vote right?

Maybe I'm not thinking this through properly, but couldn't he have just not done that?

• Locked thread