Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

:coolfish:

OmegaGoo posted:

How does basing what happened down to the deadline make Exakt scum? His claim was among the primary reasons we lynched such a powerful role in MMM.

Basically, that was really dumb of Exakt if he's scum.

oh sorry

I meant aren't scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

The Carpet Shark posted:

Eh? I think you're sort of ignoring my other posts around that one and also ignoring what I'm saying in the quoted post.

I think the first 4 votes are definitely town votes, and I don't think KingB would really have to hammer like that if he was scum. If there are any scum in there they're Ac or GG.

The Carpet Shark posted:

To be clear, based on the what happened down to the deadline, I think Roy, EXAKT, OmegaGoo and probably KingB are scum. GG and Ac I'm less sure about, specifically Ac flip flopped in a weird way.

these posts are two minutes apart. did you confuse the word scum and town at some point

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

:coolfish:
Yes that is pretty much what happened there

The Carpet Shark posted:

oh sorry

I meant aren't scum

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!

The Carpet Shark posted:

oh sorry

I meant aren't scum

GulagDolls posted:

these posts are two minutes apart. did you confuse the word scum and town at some point

We're gonna go with "yes".

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

oh. apostate's vote was my reason for tracking+rolecopping her :pram:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

OmegaGoo posted:

We're gonna go with "yes".

lsiten you goo gently caress. that post hadnt appeared yet, on my monitor screen

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

lsiten you goo gently caress. that post hadnt appeared yet, on my monitor screen

Hey! I'm a goony gently caress, thankyouverymuch.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Man. At this point I can only assume you are coming at this from a scum perspective because you seem to be attributing really really stupid actions to me.

There is no way in a million years I would have hammered my PGO scum buddy at literally the last second in a game where everyone moves around. That would be the most insane possibly action a scum could take. There would have been NO fallout on me for not hammering if we won due to town die off. Just think about how many people would have been looking at MMM if he was still alive. There would have been so many dead town.

Honestly, I'm hard-pressed to think of anyone that would do this, it would be so dumb. For similar reasons I think the other voters are more or less clear. Like I get bussing, but there is no way a scum team would allow any hard bussing of their PGO in a game like this. It was their victory condition. No way would they throw it away.

##vote Foo

I also think it is extremely likely that PinMom is scum at this point. It's meta, but I've seen him withdraw in a similar way when he thinks he can't win as scum and that the game is unbalanced.

i find KB's post here convincing, although I think a lot of people WOULD just hammer him as their scumbuddy to avoid suspicion. theres also the possibility that jakep never showed up in the scumdoc to tell people his role and none of them knew about it. but probably not.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

GulagDolls posted:

i find KB's post here convincing, although I think a lot of people WOULD just hammer him as their scumbuddy to avoid suspicion. theres also the possibility that jakep never showed up in the scumdoc to tell people his role and none of them knew about it. but probably not.

You mean MMM? JakeP was town.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

yes

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Gulag who do you think is a scum?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

train of thought: I felt bad about apostate. the only think that makes me hesitate is that I tracked+rolecopped her and got nothing weird, but

quote:

This game's roles are specifically designed to upset your assumptions of your results, however. Do not put too much stock in your Rolecop or Tracker results as they apply to standard mafia logic.

the hardcore pursuit of goo d1 is kind of weird, and then immediately abandoned in favor of exakt for some reason. but she does track/rolecop omegagoo, which is consistent.

apostateCourier posted:

I dislike your super goddamned condescending attitude. Also stop coaching me, and stop with the direct insults. You did not address the fact that I did in fact have more content than that, and that you are misrepresenting facts. Then you go straight to insults. "you look scummy but nah no scum would be that stupid" Wow.

You said he looked scummy. You didn't vote. That set off alarm bells- then you start digging into me for it, and that sets off more bells. Now you go for personal insults to try to drag me away from my d1 gut read (with scummy content to bolster it!), which just makes me think I'm even more right.

But okay, fine. You win. ##vote Roydrowsy

is too impassioned, considering the catalyst for it, imo, and then this vote is called a mistake and abandoned within 30 minutes. but she mentioned meds and i know how THAT goes, and I flew off the handle earlier too... so right now I am null on apostate. i know thats a lot of words for 'null read' but I started this post with the intention of saying she was scum, before rereading her post history many times. <_>;

their post history makes it really obvious, so I don't feel like typing out a screed, but I do feel like one of zetsu/pmom is scum, but probably not together at this point. I would vote zetsu first today.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Man. At this point I can only assume you are coming at this from a scum perspective because you seem to be attributing really really stupid actions to me.

There is no way in a million years I would have hammered my PGO scum buddy at literally the last second in a game where everyone moves around. That would be the most insane possibly action a scum could take. There would have been NO fallout on me for not hammering if we won due to town die off. Just think about how many people would have been looking at MMM if he was still alive. There would have been so many dead town.

Honestly, I'm hard-pressed to think of anyone that would do this, it would be so dumb. For similar reasons I think the other voters are more or less clear. Like I get bussing, but there is no way a scum team would allow any hard bussing of their PGO in a game like this. It was their victory condition. No way would they throw it away.

##vote Foo

I also think it is extremely likely that PinMom is scum at this point. It's meta, but I've seen him withdraw in a similar way when he thinks he can't win as scum and that the game is unbalanced.

this logic makes sense but i don't think foo is scum for not considering how unwise it would be for scumteam to hammer PGO

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Zetsubou-san posted:

and yet, that's still more than you've done.

##vote Pinterest Mom

like, all after all that crazy poo poo, we get....this...wtf. ##vote zetsu

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

The Carpet Shark posted:

Eh? I think you're sort of ignoring my other posts around that one and also ignoring what I'm saying in the quoted post.

I think the first 4 votes are definitely town votes, and I don't think KingB would really have to hammer like that if he was scum. If there are any scum in there they're Ac or GG.

Can you clarify if those two are your top scum picks? Or who your top scum picks are?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

GulagDolls posted:

this logic makes sense but i don't think foo is scum for not considering how unwise it would be for scumteam to hammer PGO

I'm waffling back and forth on this, because he's been missing other things and making other mistakes. Could be tired towny like he says he is. Or could be distracted scum who isn't paying a lot of attention to the thread since he doesn't need to scum hunt.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i dont like how he's been overstating how he's playing badly (??? why so self-conscious o_o;;;;) or that he is saying it is because he is tired. i mean how tired can one person be, all the time.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

I'm waffling back and forth on this, because he's been missing other things and making other mistakes. Could be tired towny like he says he is. Or could be distracted scum who isn't paying a lot of attention to the thread since he doesn't need to scum hunt.

and also well, I was also looking at what I thought were awkward votes on MMM, before you pointed this out. its most of the reason I copped+tracked AC. I hadn't considered it that heavily from a scum POV

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Alright, going to update my list because I'm having a hard time keeping track of this stuff:

Night Actions:

Omega visited Zet and confirmed he is vanilla(only rolecop/tracker).
Omega visited Exakt and he didn't go anywhere.
AC visited Omega and confirms vanilla .
AC visited Omega and confirms his above visits.
Roy visited KB and saw KB visit Roy and Zet (He didn't realize he could use his other action too).
KB visited Zet and saw him visit GG and KB.
KB visited Roy and confirmed he is vanilla.
GG visited Zet and saw him visit GG and KB.
GG visited Roy and saw him visited by KB and Carpet.
Zet visited KB and confirms he is vanilla.
Zet visited GG and confirms his visits.
Exakt got Roleblocked so didn't get to take his actions.
Gulag Roleblocked Exakt.
Gulag visited AC and confirms AC's visit of only Omega.
Gulag visited AC and confirms she is vanilla.
Captain Foo says he couldn't submit any actions.
PinMom visited Gulag and I'm assuming he is confirming Gulag's targets, but he didn't say.
PinMom visited AC and confirms she is vanilla.

I think we've still got no report from Carpet unless I've missed it somehow?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rolecopped people:
AC - vanilla
KB - vanilla
Omega - vanilla
Roy - vanilla
Zet - vanilla

Nonrolecopped:
Foo - ?
Exakt - Doctor?
GG - Watcher?
Gulag - Roleblocker
PinMom - ?
Carpet - Godfather?

Flipped:
JakeP/Met - Miller
MMM - PGO

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Probably 3 scum in a 13 player game, right? So 2 left. I'm going to continue to assume, for now, that the scum kill last night was performed by someone we didn't track last night.

People not tracked last night:
Foo
PinMom
Roy
Carpet

I think there would have to be at least one of the scum in this list. And the other could ALSO be in this list, but might be among the others. I'm eliminating Roy from the potential killer list because I can't see him as scum given when he voted the PGO/etc. I'm really only comfortable voting for one of the other three today, and I'm still debating who my Most Wanted is. Right now I'm leaning Pin.

##vote Pinterest Mom

I feel like he came back only because of my meta read of him(he'd previously been posting other places but not here) and since coming back he hasn't really commented on the meat of the game at all, just went for a couple easy jabs and disappeared.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
Since I tracked GG I know that he should have got a result on Foo, but GG revealed he got Gulag instead (due to mod error).

Another thought, since KB just noted a possibility of a godfather, and we do have a miller. we might also have a cop, which due to setup is no indicator of townness/scumness.

yet another:

quote:

Do not put too much stock in your Rolecop or Tracker results as they apply to standard mafia logic.

We've been assuming that our rolecop results might be unreliable in working out who is town (i.e PGO is usually given to town), but the tracking results accurate?

I just checked and the following people were not tracked - Roy, Foo, PMom, CShark, Met

Gulag was tracked but PMom hasn't said anything about the results.

Exakt was tracked but returned a "went nowhere" due to roleblocking

fake edit: dammit KB

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Zetsubou-san posted:

Since I tracked GG I know that he should have got a rolecop result on Foo, but GG revealed he got Gulag instead (due to mod error).

mafia edit

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Also I fully reread MMM and the interactions leading up to his cuddle and I'm actually going to have a hard time seeing pretty much anyone who voted for him as scum in this game. Again, I know bussing is a thing, I myself do it as scum, but I feel like this role in this game is just too special for that. And there were so many places to avoid MMM as the target.

So MMM voters, in order:
JakeP/Met - dead
Exakt - Starts the charge, there was no momentum on MMM.
Roy - Continues the charge doing his own thing.
GG - Votes MM to avoid a nocuddle, 18 min before deadline. There were other ways to play this if he was scum to avoid getting his PGO buddy killed.
Omega - Votes MM, same deal.

Then MMM says he's a bodyguard and GG says:

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

This is a bogus claim I bet.

Again, why would he do this at this point rather than using it as an excuse to avoid voting for him like he did the claimed doctor. This makes GG look really good in my mind.
AC responds to GG's post with her own vote on MM. I guess this one could be for cred since we are at -2 before her vote, but again, there are other choices to make here and MMM going home is not a sure thing.

MMM even feeds a possible countercurrent with:

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

This isn't the sort of game people can lie about claims and not get called on it

Which is a brilliant trap if he can survive the day. Surely his scum buddies would back him up on this and try to switch things up.
AC does respond to it and GG makes noises about switching as well. They both swap to Zet. At this point Zet gets up to 4 votes and we have 5 minutes left to deadline. There is no reason they couldn't keep fighting to make Zet happen or say "oops, ran out of time" or whatever and allowed for the no cuddle so that MMM could brutalize people, but they switch back almost immediately to MMM.

Honestly in this whole interaction the only people that look bad are Me, for fighting against MMM cuddle the whole way through and all of the folks who vanished for the end: PinMom was around pre deadline and vanished. Carpet was on earlier in the day and said she'd be back but wasn't. Foo bailed out before the MMM thing was a thing, so he at least wasn't ducking out on the possible MMM vote specifically at that point. And Zet and Gulag.

Anyway, we finally hit buzzer, there is less than a minute to deadline and I hammer. This is the thing that clears me from otherwise looking bad, because it was unnecessary, no one else was going to hammer and if I had held back the scum team was pretty much assured multiple town deaths. And they would be completely unexplained town deaths too, so I could even have sacrificed myself the following day to let MMM kill more people if we didn't kill enough to win the first night.

----

Anyway, we've been over some of that before, but I just wanted to get all these thoughts out there. I think I'm going to have a hard time voting for any of the remaining people who voted for MMM for the rest of the game. So that means my potential scum list is only the following: Pin, Foo, Carpet, Gulag, Zet. That's it. The scum are in that group for sure.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Zetsubou-san posted:

Since I tracked GG I know that he should have got a result on Foo, but GG revealed he got Gulag instead (due to mod error).

Hmmm, wait, can you restate your full results? I must have missed something. Are you saying you saw GG go to Roy, Zet and Foo? Doesn't change much, but I want a clear picture.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

King Burgundy posted:

Hmmm, wait, can you restate your full results? I must have missed something. Are you saying you saw GG go to Roy, Zet and Foo? Doesn't change much, but I want a clear picture.

yeah, GG visited Roy, Foo, and myself. I was going to make something of it, but JJ stated the gulag result was in error so I assumed he got the gulag result instead of Foo and didn't pursue it.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

GulagDolls posted:

i dont like how he's been overstating how he's playing badly (??? why so self-conscious o_o;;;;) or that he is saying it is because he is tired. i mean how tired can one person be, all the time.

hi gulag!! i was basically a zombie yesterday lmao, but feeling much better today. so let's see - first thing I don't like so far

Zetsubou-san posted:

and yet, that's still more than you've done.

##vote Pinterest Mom

this is kind of omgusy, but there is a point here. pinmom hasn't been doing much, so calling out someone for similar looks rather bad

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The Carpet Shark posted:

I mean I guess I get the idea of what you're saying, but I was fairly specific about which votes I thought were townie

nah, you're again spouting generic mafia logic "scum often has a vote on scum to not seem obviously avoiding"

all of your posting has been saying things that are or nearly truisms without any real content and I don't like it

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

burgundy is town in my book, after getting clarifications and seeing what he's been doing he seems far too helpful to be scum

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

GulagDolls posted:

train of thought: I felt bad about apostate. the only think that makes me hesitate is that I tracked+rolecopped her and got nothing weird, but

the hardcore pursuit of goo d1 is kind of weird, and then immediately abandoned in favor of exakt for some reason. but she does track/rolecop omegagoo, which is consistent.

i don't think apostate getting after goo D1 was weird at all, i found him quite scummy d1 also, then she got spun off into attacking roydrowsy for reasons that were explained and then goo was essentially given newbie amnesty

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Pinterest Mom posted:

Met seems like a fine kill I guess. Jake really was just throwing poo poo at the wall, but it really sucks to replace into a game and immediately be killed.

wtf is this post

"it's ok to kill REPLACEMENT GOON; sucks to be REPLACEMENT GOON and promptly killed"

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

GulagDolls posted:

im sorry for saying that. i dont want anyone to feel bad. ive just had a real bad last couple of days.
the truth is...i wasn't paying attention and never saw the doc claim. <_>

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

GulagDolls posted:

i did reread, just not very well, due to having severe brain failure, and then assumed i had done everything correctly

meant to quote this post - let's assume you're telling the truth and never saw that exakt claimed doc (even though it drastically changed the entire end of d1)

what was your reasoning for blocking him?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Pinterest Mom (3): OmegaGoo, Zetsubou-san, King Burgundy
Captain Foo (2): EXAKT Science, King Burgundy, Roydrowsy, King Burgundy
Zetsubou-san (2): Pinterest Mom, GulagDolls
EXAKT Science (0): Roydrowsy, Roydrowsy
GulagDolls (0): Ghastly Gangsta, Ghastly Gangsta

Not Voting (4): apostateCourier, Captain Foo, Ghastly Gangsta, The Carpet Shark

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 07th, 2015 at 10:59 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 10 hours, 20 minutes.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

hmm looks like i again won't be around for deadline and actually probably won't be around much at all after about a couple hours from now

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

##vote gulag

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

##vote gulag

I understand the sentiment, but does this vote actually help anything? (I do follow your case on Gulag, so it's not like this vote is out of left field)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

OmegaGoo posted:

I understand the sentiment, but does this vote actually help anything? (I do follow your case on Gulag, so it's not like this vote is out of left field)

well it got a reaction from someone beyond me shouting at clouds, so yes? I don't have a lot of time to post before I'm gone until deadline, so I want to see what I can get done in terms of stimulating discussion

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

well it got a reaction from someone beyond me shouting at clouds, so yes? I don't have a lot of time to post before I'm gone until deadline, so I want to see what I can get done in terms of stimulating discussion

Sorry, I don't have much beyond "I understand your case on Gulag, but I think Pinterest really needs to go."

That, and we can see what Gulag is up to tonight. If it makes anyone feel better, I will ensure that I track Gulag tonight. Wine included, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I would really like to hear gulag's thought process on the Exakt block

• Locked thread