Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

:coolfish:

Captain Foo posted:

i am suspicious of this post, it's all pro-town truisms and a gimmie

I don't know what you mean here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

The Carpet Shark posted:

Hi, I'm back, been busy.

I like Roy's case on EXAKT. It hits on a couple of things I didn't really like about the weird posturing that happened around deadline the other day.

Specifically, I think once scum are in that situation of a scum player getting pressure as the vote to avoid a no lynch candidate they'd want to basically put effort into bussing while also trying to not get the person lynched.

Leading to situations like:

I'm not sure if EXAKT specifically makes sense though? Like I guess what gets me is that MMM flipped scum PGO, and you guys earlier said that PGO means everybody who visits you dies? That seems like a tremendous ability for scum to have. Why would EXAKT essentially sacrifice MMM in that situation? I don't really get it.

I do think apostateCourier is looking pretty suspicious though.
As scum I would have had zero incentive to vote for MMM, given that I would have known that he was a pgo and that my vote was necessary to make the lynch happen.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Well it's great that you, apostateCourier, can assure me that apostateCourier is not scum.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

That's essentially the same thing I just said about KingB though so it is something to consider.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The Carpet Shark posted:

He also cast the last vote right?

Maybe I'm not thinking this through properly, but couldn't he have just not done that?

a blatant no-vote leading to a no-lynch in that situation looks really, really bad. better (as scum) to throw the hammer and get maybe something positive out of the (weak) bus? but the way the deadline play went forced kingb's hand

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

carp here's your post

The Carpet Shark posted:

Hitting a scum early is pretty cool. I think we can probably look for connections between MMM and other players to determine alignment. I doubt roy is scum based on his interactions with MMM for instance.
Sentence 1: this is nothing of value; as I said, it's a pro-town truism. Killing scum is good for town, but saying it doesn't mean anything
Sentence 2: this is nothing of value; it's a fundamental way to find scum and play the game, saying it doesn't mean anything
Sentence 3: the most basic of all reads, with no detail whatsoever and a pro-town read on a player who (at least from my point of view) has generally been seen at least as mildly townie as a general consensus so far.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Captain Foo posted:

a blatant no-vote leading to a no-lynch in that situation looks really, really bad. better (as scum) to throw the hammer and get maybe something positive out of the (weak) bus? but the way the deadline play went forced kingb's hand

Yeah but if he just didn't make a vote after to switching to zetzu and instead pretended he got busy or something he could have saved him. I can see why that's not normally down but scum pgo just seems so powerful!

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Also if he was trying to get cred for bussing why did was acting very reluctant and frustrated about it?

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Captain Foo posted:

carp here's your post

Sentence 1: this is nothing of value; as I said, it's a pro-town truism. Killing scum is good for town, but saying it doesn't mean anything
Sentence 2: this is nothing of value; it's a fundamental way to find scum and play the game, saying it doesn't mean anything
Sentence 3: the most basic of all reads, with no detail whatsoever and a pro-town read on a player who (at least from my point of view) has generally been seen at least as mildly townie as a general consensus so far.

Well alright bud.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Here are all the votes on MMM

JakeP posted:

i can't tell if roy actually believes the things he is saying but its mostly ridiculous, and a lot of the reason he isn't getting called out is because his posts are so long winded no one is bothering to read them

##vote MMM

this is where my vote will end tonight

god bless

EXAKT Science posted:

alright, just wanted to check. i've seen worse day 1 cases, but you're wrong. i think MMM is a better vote today.

this is MMM's only vote so far. then he makes this post:

"one of these two guys is a scum, i'll vote either one. i don't think there's a good case on anyone else" *continues voting gulag*

##vote MMM

Roydrowsy posted:

So having looked things over, it looks like the two possibles at this point are EXAKT and MMM.

With the Doctor claim, which I can assume somebody will investigate, I gotta go for MMM.
They have floated back and forth in the game, and even after Canada Day is over, they continue to bounce around, feel a bunch of stuff out, but not actually take any action.

So, with that in mind..
##Vote MMM Whatchya Say

OmegaGoo posted:

Point. I'm not interested in voting a claimed doctor, either, with everyone's capability of researching that.

##vote MMM

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

4 minutes we can't no lynch.

I'm sorry MMM.

##vote MMM Whatchya Say

apostateCourier posted:

##vote MMM yeah we can't no lynch

King Burgundy posted:

Sigh.

##vote MMM

:redhammer:

I think probably a good majority of these are town. If there are any scum they're probably in the last three, who may have felt they had to vote MMM to not seem suspicious.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

k peace out for a bit

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Captain Foo posted:

Man. At this point I can only assume you are coming at this from a scum perspective because you seem to be attributing really really stupid actions to me.

There is no way in a million years I would have hammered my PGO scum buddy at literally the last second in a game where everyone moves around. That would be the most insane possibly action a scum could take. There would have been NO fallout on me for not hammering if we won due to town die off. Just think about how many people would have been looking at MMM if he was still alive. There would have been so many dead town.

Honestly, I'm hard-pressed to think of anyone that would do this, it would be so dumb. For similar reasons I think the other voters are more or less clear. Like I get bussing, but there is no way a scum team would allow any hard bussing of their PGO in a game like this. It was their victory condition. No way would they throw it away.

##vote Foo

I also think it is extremely likely that PinMom is scum at this point. It's meta, but I've seen him withdraw in a similar way when he thinks he can't win as scum and that the game is unbalanced.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Captain Foo posted:

there are some oddities in the list that could be explained by malice, (or confusion on my part)

what you said about the deadline is exactly what i was getting at; i didn't see it live but on a re-read it felt real weird. especially the zet vote that already existed, with the explicit intention to start the ball rolling

Can you please point out your exact problems with the list I compiled so I can correct them? One thing I noticed is you seemed to be indicating a problem with this line:

"GG visited Roy and saw him visited by KB and Carpet"

The way you wrote it, it seemed like you were saying this line somehow referred to you. Can you clarify?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

King Burgundy posted:

Man. At this point I can only assume you are coming at this from a scum perspective because you seem to be attributing really really stupid actions to me.

There is no way in a million years I would have hammered my PGO scum buddy at literally the last second in a game where everyone moves around. That would be the most insane possibly action a scum could take. There would have been NO fallout on me for not hammering if we won due to town die off. Just think about how many people would have been looking at MMM if he was still alive. There would have been so many dead town.

Honestly, I'm hard-pressed to think of anyone that would do this, it would be so dumb. For similar reasons I think the other voters are more or less clear. Like I get bussing, but there is no way a scum team would allow any hard bussing of their PGO in a game like this. It was their victory condition. No way would they throw it away.

##vote Foo

I also think it is extremely likely that PinMom is scum at this point. It's meta, but I've seen him withdraw in a similar way when he thinks he can't win as scum and that the game is unbalanced.

all i can say is idk what scum has for roles
i'm playing a bad town game, too tired

mea culpa

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

King Burgundy posted:

This. This is a good point.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

King Burgundy posted:

Can you please point out your exact problems with the list I compiled so I can correct them? One thing I noticed is you seemed to be indicating a problem with this line:

"GG visited Roy and saw him visited by KB and Carpet"

The way you wrote it, it seemed like you were saying this line somehow referred to you. Can you clarify?

that was the line that really confused me - we have trackers in this game, not watchers. did gg claim watcher and i missed it?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

King Burgundy posted:

There would have been NO fallout on me for not hammering if we won due to town die off.

:cripes: of course

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Captain Foo posted:

it's early enough in the game I want met's play to stand on its own so with my final post of the day I will ##vote exakt

I need to sit down and look over some things. Foo is one of the most prolific posters in this game, but has contributed very little.

The last game I played, I trusted Foo and their judgement. I want to trust Foo, but they are not playing that way. High quantity, low quality, tossing a vote and running off within an hour of deadline.

It is easy to claim that you are just not doing a good job
Playing town this time, but it's a problem.

If you are playing bad because you are scum, that is a thing. If you are just not playing well, you present a liability to the mission of town. I like you Foo, which is why I have consideration to your King comments, but king makes sense .

I'm gonna shower. Eat lunch. And reread some game.

In the meantime ##vote Foo

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Roydrowsy posted:

I need to sit down and look over some things. Foo is one of the most prolific posters in this game, but has contributed very little.

The last game I played, I trusted Foo and their judgement. I want to trust Foo, but they are not playing that way. High quantity, low quality, tossing a vote and running off within an hour of deadline.

It is easy to claim that you are just not doing a good job
Playing town this time, but it's a problem.

If you are playing bad because you are scum, that is a thing. If you are just not playing well, you present a liability to the mission of town. I like you Foo, which is why I have consideration to your King comments, but king makes sense .

I'm gonna shower. Eat lunch. And reread some game.

In the meantime ##vote Foo

i get it, man. if i'm playing that badly as town then the best thing for town to do is lynch me and hopefully gain some insight into who the scum are based on the way the lynch goes down

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

1 minute.

Do the honorable thing MMM.

Self-hammer.

which is why this post is sketchy

why encourage someone to self hammer? it steals a vote from town analysis, basically
especially looks bad imo when the lynchee flips scum

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Captain Foo posted:

that was the line that really confused me - we have trackers in this game, not watchers. did gg claim watcher and i missed it?

He didn't come out and say it but I believe Zet is the one that said he may as well have given his claimed results. Phone posting at work so someone else would have to dig up his actual post.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Outside of what I found out about Gulag,

Zetsu visited KB and I.
Roy was visited by KB and the Carpet Shark.

Zetsubou-san posted:

I can confirm what KB and GG have said, I did indeed visit them both. GG has effectively rolecopped themselves, and KB didn't hide a result, since he has no extra role other than RC&T.

ok got it, the answer appears to be "foo is dumb"

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Captain Foo posted:

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Outside of what I found out about Gulag,

Zetsu visited KB and I.
Roy was visited by KB and the Carpet Shark.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

OmegaGoo posted:

Ok, my case on Zets: he hasn't said much. Seriously, that's all I've got. He then has his tinfoil theory, which I'd like him to elaborate on my role in; otherwise, I really don't have much, and that's part of the problem.

that's twice you've tried to insert yourself into my wild theory that doesn't even concern you.

interesting note - no one has said that they rolecopped Exakt to check on the doctor claim.

OmegaGoo posted:

Point. I'm not interested in voting a claimed doctor, either, with everyone's capability of researching that.

##vote MMM

you pointed out that the claim is easily verifiable, and yet you decided to track him instead?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

OmegaGoo posted:

Can't multi-quote in a phone post, but I have clarified my results, and I posted first toDay stating my confusion, so there was nothing to read yet.

The fact that Exakt visited no one confused me. I did not report who I did what action on before anyone else posted. Soon after he claimed that he was roleblocked, Gulag confirmed that. After that fiasco, I reported my full results.

Additionally, apostate confirmed my visits.

At this time, I am inclined to believe Exakt is town.

why didn't you rolecop exakt instead

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

OmegaGoo posted:

##vote MMM

i mean, u did post this

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

you were #1 on my list until it was pointed out that you were a new player

okay you survived d1 on that, now explain yourself

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Zetsubou-san posted:

that's twice you've tried to insert yourself into my wild theory that doesn't even concern you.

interesting note - no one has said that they rolecopped Exakt to check on the doctor claim.

you pointed out that the claim is easily verifiable, and yet you decided to track him instead?

hahahah i see the same thing bothered us

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!
Would you believe I forgot I said that?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

OmegaGoo posted:

Would you believe I forgot I said that?

fine but it's not really relevant, you're the one that explicitly said it's verifiable and then performed a different action. it's not that you forgot you posted about it, it's that you made it clear it was on your mind and then didn't follow through while still performing an action on exakt

i don't know this feels really weird to me

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

There was a day between that post and when night actions happened. I'm sorry that it's weird that I forgot that was a thing on my mind.

Zets: you've had nothing of substance other than your wild theory, and I can't make any sense of that. The only way my brain can engage with what you have said is by self-insertion; clearly I am missing something.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Zets' only read is... an intricate implausible conspiracy theory? nah ##vote zetsubo

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

The Carpet Shark posted:

Here are all the votes on MMM

I think probably a good majority of these are town. If there are any scum they're probably in the last three, who may have felt they had to vote MMM to not seem suspicious.

Information collecting is easy, this post is meaningless. Of course a majority of any set of players is town. Which ones do you think?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Pinterest Mom posted:

Information collecting is easy, this post is meaningless. Of course a majority of any set of players is town. Which ones do you think?

this is the same sort of townie truisms that carp posted before

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Pinterest Mom posted:

Zets' only read is... an intricate implausible conspiracy theory? nah ##vote zetsubo

and yet, that's still more than you've done.

##vote Pinterest Mom

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

This seems to be devolving into a lovely Zets/Pinterest/Shark triangle, isn't it?

They can't all be scum. They're all bringing attention to each other too hard for that to be intelligent. I'm thinking Pinterest > Zets > Carpet.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Pinterest Mom posted:

Eh? I think you're sort of ignoring my other posts around that one and also ignoring what I'm saying in the quoted post.

I think the first 4 votes are definitely town votes, and I don't think KingB would really have to hammer like that if he was scum. If there are any scum in there they're Ac or GG.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

The Carpet Shark posted:

Eh? I think you're sort of ignoring my other posts around that one and also ignoring what I'm saying in the quoted post.

I think the first 4 votes are definitely town votes, and I don't think KingB would really have to hammer like that if he was scum. If there are any scum in there they're Ac or GG.

To be clear, based on the what happened down to the deadline, I think Roy, EXAKT, OmegaGoo and probably KingB are scum. GG and Ac I'm less sure about, specifically Ac flip flopped in a weird way.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Captain Foo posted:

this is the same sort of townie truisms that carp posted before

I mean I guess I get the idea of what you're saying, but I was fairly specific about which votes I thought were townie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

The Carpet Shark posted:

To be clear, based on the what happened down to the deadline, I think Roy, EXAKT, OmegaGoo and probably KingB are scum. GG and Ac I'm less sure about, specifically Ac flip flopped in a weird way.

How does basing what happened down to the deadline make Exakt scum? His claim was among the primary reasons we lynched such a powerful role in MMM.

Basically, that was really dumb of Exakt if he's scum.

• Locked thread