Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hazdoc posted:

Wow yeah, gently caress that guy. Hold on, let me adjust my camouflage a bit more so I don't stand out too much and make a post that stands on its own merits.

?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Look Under The Rock posted:

GG started getting defensive before anyone called him scummy.

##vote hazdoc though, because that post was rotten all through.

Do you think I'm a scum team with Quidnose? Do you have anything to say about anything other than that post?

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Hazdoc posted:

He doesn't have to answer immediately. Where in my post did you get that sort of idea from it? Or do you not want me to gauge everyone's reactions? Who do you think is scum? Well, other than me, of course, seeing as you've turned instantly hostile.

This close to deadline your energies are better spent polling people who, you know, have actually had time to read the thread so it makes zero sense to focus in on someone who pretty much can't be an active part of the game until tomorrow.

as far as my scum picks, you, GG, posssssibly King Burgundy.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

There's a plethora of discussion going on, and your first post into the discussion is quoting somebody else and agreeing with them.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Yeah I don't know. I would vote GG or hazdoc. I would like people to post more about these two players and what they think about them.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Hazdoc posted:

Do you think I'm a scum team with Quidnose? Do you have anything to say about anything other than that post?

I'm still catching up. I haven't noticed anything particularly awful about Quid's posts.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

This close to deadline your energies are better spent polling people who, you know, have actually had time to read the thread so it makes zero sense to focus in on someone who pretty much can't be an active part of the game until tomorrow.

as far as my scum picks, you, GG, posssssibly King Burgundy.

Yeah I sure focused on them hard, like I have everyone I've asked a question to. You're kneejerking pretty hard to that post, and I've got plenty of other posts people have taken offense to. Surely you can't be convinced I'm scum from just that post.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hazdoc posted:

There's a plethora of discussion going on, and your first post into the discussion is quoting somebody else and agreeing with them.

Really? This is a thing now? It was one of the first posts made after I came back. Yeah, the bandwagon that jumped on my vote bothered the hell out of me, but you are still feeling scummy as heck to me.

##vote Hazdoc

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jumping in the car to drive to a friends house. I should be able to phone post right before deadline if I need to change my vote. Currently willing to vote Eplus as well.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Hazdoc posted:

Why do you keep trying to connect me to you, and why do you keep insinuating you are sure I am scum when you haven't cased me at all?

That alone is making me weirded out, it seems like scum who knows they are caught trying to set up for a miscuddle after their flip.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

King Burgundy posted:

Jumping in the car to drive to a friends house. I should be able to phone post right before deadline if I need to change my vote. Currently willing to vote Eplus as well.

Why Eplus?

You admit the bandwagon against me feels weird, but I'm still scummy, then hop on the bandwagon again. Well, at least you're consistent about being wrong.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Hazdoc posted:

Yeah I sure focused on them hard, like I have everyone I've asked a question to. You're kneejerking pretty hard to that post, and I've got plenty of other posts people have taken offense to. Surely you can't be convinced I'm scum from just that post.

No, you're right, it's not that one post, you've gotten sarcastic and defensive and keep harping on me for calling you out on your attempt to look more engaged than you actually are.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Quidnose posted:

Why do you keep trying to connect me to you, and why do you keep insinuating you are sure I am scum when you haven't cased me at all?

That alone is making me weirded out, it seems like scum who knows they are caught trying to set up for a miscuddle after their flip.

Yeah I cannot figure that bit out either, I hadn't mentioned you at all and he asked if I thought y'all were scum together.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Quidnose posted:

I'm just following GG's logic to its conclusion. He was asked why he wasn't voting for you when he said you felt scummy to him, and he replied saying he was voting for scum. If he thinks I am scum, and you are scum, then he must think we are a scumteam, no?

And I'm not scum, so the point is moot. The responses to my questions, however, are not pointless. Hence, why I am asking them.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Hazdoc (4): Ghastly Gangsta, Kleedrac, Look Under The Rock, King Burgundy
Ghastly Gangsta (2): BottleKnight, Quidnose
Kleedrac (2): chaoslord, Epsilon Plus
Epsilon Plus (1): AnonymousNarcotics

Not Voting (6): Amnistar, bowmore, Hazdoc, Mithross, MMM Whatchya Say, Poison Mushroom

With 15 participants, it's 8 votes to send a player on a summer vacation. The current deadline is July 06th, 2015 at 8 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 25 minutes.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Do we even have enough people here for a cuddle?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

what is happening here?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hazdoc posted:

Why Eplus?

You admit the bandwagon against me feels weird, but I'm still scummy, then hop on the bandwagon again. Well, at least you're consistent about being wrong.

Phone posting now so not going to quote it for you but I literally posted my reason within the last page. Also I never stopped thinking you were scummy. I just took issue with how quick the mob formed.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

somebody give me the sloppiest cliff notes available

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

see the guy with the muscovy duck avatar is the vote leader, but knowing nothing about him other than his muscovy duck avatar, I think that's wrong

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Hazdoc posted:

I'm just following GG's logic to its conclusion. He was asked why he wasn't voting for you when he said you felt scummy to him, and he replied saying he was voting for scum. If he thinks I am scum, and you are scum, then he must think we are a scumteam, no?

And I'm not scum, so the point is moot. The responses to my questions, however, are not pointless. Hence, why I am asking them.

There are more possibilities than "you are a scum team together"

such as

"I think you are probably scum, but that other guy was scummy as well, but I think you are scummier, so I will vote you now and focus on that guy later"

or

"You are the scummiest player in the thread, but if you flip town, based on your interactions with this player, I think they would probably flip scum"

or

"I find both of you equally scummy, but I believe your flip will give us the most information"

or
or
or
or

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

tell the nerds who are voting me for asking you who is scum to get dumpstered, please
also everyone is voting for me because I made a joke post and called it a joke post and somehow that isn't good enough, despite there being a page about loving WAFFLES, and then I asked you a question (like I have been asking to many posters in topic), but that's also scummy

tl:dr its complicated

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hazdoc posted:

tell the nerds who are voting me for asking you who is scum to get dumpstered, please
also everyone is voting for me because I made a joke post and called it a joke post and somehow that isn't good enough, despite there being a page about loving WAFFLES, and then I asked you a question (like I have been asking to many posters in topic), but that's also scummy

how many games have you played?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

This is of course through the lens of my bias.

A whole bunch of people called out the fact that people were lurking over the holiday weekend and demanding that people make content and discussing the merits of a lurker cuddle.

Kleedrac dropped a vote on one of the two lurkers in the thread but didn't actually say that he was doing that, but I guess that was what he was doing in trying to create some content.

Hazdoc came in with a jokevote that some people took issue with. KB, Bottle, and GG all voted him. GG made a "people are going to call me the scummy third vote but I didn't see Bottle's post guys!" post immediately after his vote.

I came in and asked a whole bunch of questions and was confused as to why everyone was demanding a lurker vote. I took issue with GG being weirdly self conscious and also with Kleedrac trying to mafia dad everything.

Haz then started acting really weird and lots of people think he's being strangely defensive now.

Did I miss anything?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

"You are the scummiest player in the thread, but if you flip town, based on your interactions with this player, I think they would probably flip scum"

I don't like this!

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Quidnose posted:

This is of course through the lens of my bias.

A whole bunch of people called out the fact that people were lurking over the holiday weekend and demanding that people make content and discussing the merits of a lurker cuddle.

Kleedrac dropped a vote on one of the two lurkers in the thread but didn't actually say that he was doing that, but I guess that was what he was doing in trying to create some content.

Hazdoc came in with a jokevote that some people took issue with. KB, Bottle, and GG all voted him. GG made a "people are going to call me the scummy third vote but I didn't see Bottle's post guys!" post immediately after his vote.

I came in and asked a whole bunch of questions and was confused as to why everyone was demanding a lurker vote. I took issue with GG being weirdly self conscious and also with Kleedrac trying to mafia dad everything.

Haz then started acting really weird and lots of people think he's being strangely defensive now.

Did I miss anything?

Haz creating false logic of you and him being scum together if he's scum or something idk I still don't really get that one

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hazdoc posted:

This isn't true, people are now voting you because you are imploding strangely.

##vote Hazdoc such as me.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I don't think we're gonna pull this off though because there are not enough people around :\

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

There are more possibilities than "you are a scum team together"

such as

"I think you are probably scum, but that other guy was scummy as well, but I think you are scummier, so I will vote you now and focus on that guy later"

or

or

"I find both of you equally scummy, but I believe your flip will give us the most information"

or
or
or
or

UMM WIFOM? GET THIS GUY

Should I start flagging my jokes now? It seems people react badly to non-waffle related jokes.
Also, should I not ask people questions, just because there are multiple answers possible?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I am around although I haven't gotten much of a chance to read everyone's casing, I am vehemently against no lynching.

So ##vote hazdoc

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
##vote Hazdoc not that it's likely to matter

also Quidnose: I was at work all day today and someone straight up got fired for having their phone out. No workposting for me. Sorry!

Hazdoc posted:

Should I start flagging my jokes now? It seems people react badly to non-waffle related jokes.
Also, should I not ask people questions, just because there are multiple answers possible?

yes and yes; the only winning move is not to play (mafia)

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I am calling out Amnistar, bowmore, Mithross, and Poison Mushroom for being here earlier to comment on crap but not being around to vote at deadline.

Also Hazdoc, why are you not voting anyone?

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

how many games have you played?

One on these forums, a mazillion on other forums. Though mostly as a host. I like to tunnel vision on people hard and then get owned by the mafia. I'm also never anything but town (or SK, but don't tell anyone I said that).

Quidnose posted:

This isn't true, people are now voting you because you are imploding strangely.

##vote Hazdoc such as me.

Well there's not much else I can say when people are condemning literally me for literally anything I post, ever, including the posts where I say they are condemning me for posting. This is the reverse of "lynch the lurker" I guess.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hazdoc, who are your scumpicks?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

He's at -1 and people should hold off hammering him until he answers that.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Holy meltdown batman

Preview Edit: E+ and AN showed up so its -1 now, will wait a minute since quid is asking for scumpicks

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Should have previewed again apparently

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Quidnose posted:

I am calling out Amnistar, bowmore, Mithross, and Poison Mushroom for being here earlier to comment on crap but not being around to vote at deadline.

Also Hazdoc, why are you not voting anyone?

Because at this point if I die, I'd only give the mafia an out on who I voted. Right now there's too much attention on me for me to know which of you are just voting for me because you're scum and which are voting because they legit think I'm scum. My top guesses would be those dudes I yelled at for just agreeing with people, cuz I don't like that poo poo, but its not much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

This isn't entirely helpful since we're 10 minutes from deadline, MMM. I know you just joined but why are you trying to distance yourself from this as if you already know it's gonna go bad?

• Locked thread