Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
Blazblue is a good game and is fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Doggboat posted:

Improved as in more titty ninjas?

No, each ninja has more titty. 3 or more titties per ninja.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Beef Chief posted:

Makoto's hot, idgaf that she has a squirrel tail

Street Fighter Makoto will always be the best Makoto because she turns red and kills you in two hits

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag
Nah. Makoto Mizoguchi is the best. He shoots tigers out of his palms.

Also, I do plan on getting Yatagarasu: AoC on launch. I'm not really good at parrying, but hey the game looks pretty neat and I'm definitely willing to learn.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

inthesto posted:

Street Fighter Makoto will always be the best Makoto because she turns red and kills you in two hits

:agreed:

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

The Gorp posted:

I don't even like Tekken and I agree.
I'm instabuying it if they bring back Doctor B.

I don't really get it, since there isn't anything different enough about T7 for it to make sense to be like "I don't like Tekken but this looks awesome!"

Unless you really like Ultras I guess, but those are dumb.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
It just looks cleaner - as if more time has gone into it. I don't know exactly what it is but someone on their marketing department knows how to twist me really well.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

I would like to learn how to play Tekken someday.

Of course I'd also like to learn the violin, and from what I hear the violin seems much less intensive.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
We're playing Blazblue. Watch all that hot mandong fly and flop
http://www.twitch.tv/gutcruncher

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
I would like in on these if you have the room. PSN is RevolverChicken7.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Sarchasm posted:

I would like to learn how to play Tekken someday.

Of course I'd also like to learn the violin, and from what I hear the violin seems much less intensive.

fwiw Tekken 7 is probably a much easier place to start than TTT2 was. By Tekken standards, anyway.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired

Gutcruncher posted:

We're playing Blazblue.

Lemme log into the room, I'll be the Tager player.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

The Gorp posted:

Lemme log into the room, I'll be the Tager player.

Whats your PSN? Ill invite

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
My PSN is xajora

Azreal's super cant be blocked in any direction he has weakness applied to. If he heas the high mark its unblockable high, low block its unblockable low and if he has both its straight unblockable. Assuming you're the terumi player just thought that would be helpful information.

The Gorp fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jul 6, 2015

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

its that time of year when i start feeling the itch and try to learn kof

someone post some good matches because high level kof looks boss as gently caress

Brosnan posted:

I don't really get it, since there isn't anything different enough about T7 for it to make sense to be like "I don't like Tekken but this looks awesome!"

i've never been a big tekken fan (at all) but seeing what they've done with for t7 makes me want to give it a shot

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

Brosnan posted:

Tekken 7 has added a lot of flash in it's presentation with camera cuts, slowdown, crazier hit sparks, etc. to try and dupe new people into thinking the game has changed when it hasn't. It's a good way of attracting new players without alienating people who like the series. The RAGE ARTS aren't even very useful in the game right now, so new players who want to watch a cool cutscene can throw them out there while veterans don't use them outside of some specific combo situations.

I definitely think 7 will be a good entry point for people new to the series though. Armor moves help you get out of blind pressure when you dont know what to duck or step, simplified throw techs will reduce the training mode throw tech practice from 90 hours to 60 hours, the bound replacement and no tagging means simpler combos and life management.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
I read jdcr thinks the game is butt because movement is weak

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

dangerdoom volvo posted:

I read jdcr thinks the game is butt because movement is weak

Everyone wants to slide around the screen like it's Tekken 5 except Harada.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

When I plug my Qanba Q4RAF into my PS4 it says "Cannot use wireless controller for PS3" and I can't use it - is there a workaround for this that doesn't involve throwing it in the garbage and buying a new stick???

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

weird bleep posted:

simplified throw techs will reduce the training mode throw tech practice from 90 hours to 60 hours,

Simplified how, exactly? I've not been keeping hugely up to date on Tekken 7.

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Simplified how, exactly? I've not been keeping hugely up to date on Tekken 7.

Before Tekken 7 there were 3 types of throw techs, now there are only 2. Left/Right throws can both be broken by pressing left punch or right punch, so you only need to be able to tell the difference between a one hand break and a two hand break now.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Cat Machine posted:

When I plug my Qanba Q4RAF into my PS4 it says "Cannot use wireless controller for PS3" and I can't use it - is there a workaround for this that doesn't involve throwing it in the garbage and buying a new stick???

It seems to be up to individual games supporting PS3 sticks. Skullgirls and USF4 on PS4 do, as far as I know - somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Radio Paranoia posted:

It seems to be up to individual games supporting PS3 sticks. Skullgirls and USF4 on PS4 do, as far as I know - somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.
Is there no way to verify if your stick will work or not without buying a compatible game? Don't wanna drop £$ on a game before knowing if my current stick is viable. :(

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Cat Machine posted:

Is there no way to verify if your stick will work or not without buying a compatible game? Don't wanna drop £$ on a game before knowing if my current stick is viable. :(

If you're worried about spending high end stick money on top of whatever a console costs, you're in PC dollars range. Granted, you've already sunk the funds into the console, but maybe its time to stop chasing console generations.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I have the PS4 and a last gen stick, I just wanna know if this stick will work on my PS4 - I didn't buy the PS4 for the express purpose of fighters. I'm (hopefully) not spending any more money on kit.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Cat Machine posted:

Download a demo for Skullgirls/MKX/USF4? There should be one, right? PS3 had demos.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

you're in PC dollars range.

maybe its time to stop chasing console generations.

Advice comes with caveats if you like playing Guilty Gears sooner than 2-3 years after initial release though.

e: XRD does not support PS3 sticks on PS4 AFAIK, FYI.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

All of maybe three games support PS3 sticks, USFIV, Skullgirls, and MKX. I wouldn't hold your breath, especially for any Arcsys titles.

The only workaround is dual modding.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Brosnan posted:

fwiw Tekken 7 is probably a much easier place to start than TTT2 was. By Tekken standards, anyway.

If someone's new to Tekken, T7 is a good place to start since you don't have to deal with the massive amount of data you need to intake in Tag2. Armour moves should be a good mental safety net for people who want to feel more in control even if they're not aware how much of a liability it can be in certain situations. Super are cool too if someone's idea of a comeback is a heavily punishable command move that is meant to simplify first world problems (which it really doesn't solve that much anyway).

All in all, great way to fool people into dedicating themselves to Tekken while shielding them from the horrors that await these poor souls.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Throw animation/escape system needed to be tuned a bit better, but just dropping 1+2 breaks entirely seems like it makes throws pretty lovely at high level play.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Is there anyone in t7 that utilizes throws at the higher level of play? Like I am a VF guy and play wolf and that is what I like.

King?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
chain grab scrubs all day long

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Evil Canadian posted:

Is there anyone in t7 that utilizes throws at the higher level of play? Like I am a VF guy and play wolf and that is what I like.

King?

Probably King or Gigas.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

this isn't really news-worthy but i thought it was amusing

https://twitter.com/ArcSystemWorksU/status/618551814942633985

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

weird bleep posted:

Before Tekken 7 there were 3 types of throw techs, now there are only 2. Left/Right throws can both be broken by pressing left punch or right punch, so you only need to be able to tell the difference between a one hand break and a two hand break now.

Only true for generic throws

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Well so that Battle Fantasia port is a trainwreck done by DotEmu. Only runs at 720p, frame rate issues, same netcode as before, can't even run in fullscreen. Only gameplay differences from the console version are a couple of small fixes from the Nesica release (obscure infinites). What a surprise!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

My dream of proper Xrd on PC :negative:

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Evil Canadian posted:

King?

Basically anyone who has a really strong command grab (including but not limited to King, Armor King, Craig, Bryan, Christie, etc.) can incorporate it into their game. Like Craig doesn't have the threat of a good low knockdown from a standing, neutral position, or even out of his strings for the most part, but he does have a lot of really buff mids/highs. The threat of a low poke alone isn't really enough to get people to duck so that you can bait them into getting launched or eating your strong mids, but the threat of getting caught by a command grab that gives you a full combo (or damage equivalent) sure as hell is. They can break it if they react fast enough, but that doesn't mean you should stop doing it, because 1. it gives them another thing to be afraid of so that they won't want to block high against you anymore, and 2. eventually they'll gently caress up and not react fast enough, and you'll get a lot of damage as a reward.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
is feng in tekken 7? because feng is really cool and in a hypothetical world where i get ambitious or korean i would like to play him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Well so that Battle Fantasia port is a trainwreck done by DotEmu. Only runs at 720p, frame rate issues, same netcode as before, can't even run in fullscreen. Only gameplay differences from the console version are a couple of small fixes from the Nesica release (obscure infinites). What a surprise!

Not disputing the other points, but it totally runs in full screen 1920x1080

• Locked thread