Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dekko
May 23, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

If you mean you don't want to lose your republic status don't worry you won't gently caress anything up just creating titles. If you create them as a republic the duchy will become a republic duchy title, "Republic of X" usually.

Thanks.

Anyone got any good tips for republics? So far I've figured out always to have lots of money on hand (because your gonna to need lotsa mercenaries).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Darth Windu posted:

Devil child gets plus a billion to all its stats when it becomes king/emperor whatever, so sucks to be you

She married some duke somewhere and I never really heard from her again. She's 60 now so I don't expect I will. Just had too many legitamised bastards for her to get through.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

:catstare:

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Can get that one when you acquire the Impaler trait, with the intrigue focus. Or there's also a chance of getting it with the necronomicon chain in scholarship.

Darth Windu posted:

Devil child gets plus a billion to all its stats when it becomes king/emperor whatever, so sucks to be you
Neh, it's when they reach adulthood, not when they get a title. It is pretty nice, though. Plus five to all stats, except intrigue, which gets plus ten.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jul 5, 2015

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I kind of feel bad about this even though he's just pixels

I got the chance to imprison him because he acted dishonourably, how I'm not sure but the chance was high so I figured gently caress it why not. Then someone requested I let him go so I castrated him because I thought that would be funny. It immediately gave me the chance to arrest him again so then I blinded him. Anyway then he started plotting my murder but he was more wily this time and instead of letting me arrest him again he raised his flag in rebellion. In the meantime I reformed Rome, going for pax romana, but because he was rebelling somehow I'm not his liege anymore. So he obviously won't agree to be a vassal again so I'm trying to assassinate him, and I'll probably have to kill son too. He's also excommunicated now to help with the stabbin

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Goofballs posted:

I kind of feel bad about this even though he's just pixels

Don't; he's serbian.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Mister Adequate posted:

Don't; he's serbian.
I.e. he's getting away comparatively unscathed in this case.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

My ruler died of great pox at age 27 just after the birth of his only son. 16 year regency gonna own.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Mister Adequate posted:

Don't; he's serbian.

I had a game not long ago wherein I had a Croatian vassal merchant republic and pretty much every Croatian in my realm was such an rear end in a top hat I became egregiously racist about it after a while. Like scanning around for bride candidates for my heir I'd be like "oh wow this chick is Quick and 10+ in every stat, looks like a wi--oh wait, she's Croatian, gently caress that bitch" and I'd imprison every single Croatian I caught plotting random rivalhits and arrange for them to meet with accidents in the dungeon.

And that's how CK2 made me a bad person.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

That's pretty hosed up

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat
I haven't really played since around the time Old Gods came out and, after picking up the more recent DLC during the Steam sale, am looking forward to getting back in.

What's a good count or duke level start at the Charlemagne start date? Catholic or Romuva preferred.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Wow, I was dicking around in the religion tab and turns out I accidentally funded some guy's campaign to become pope.
I only realised this when I found it strange that the new pope had a 100 opinion of me. Turns out that the 'funded campaign' modifier is a +200 one. :getin:
Request money all day everyday!

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Strudel Man posted:

Huh. Apparently there's another...quasi-bug, at least, with the seduction events. I had noticed that the single-option "Take a long walk alone with him/her" event that you can get when seducing a close relative or someone of the same gender never seemed to be terribly successful. I finally took a look at the code for the event, and apparently that's because it literally can't succeed; it goes to the target's event for responding to a confession of love, a lewd suggestion, or poetry, except there's no flag for any of those being used (because none of them were), so the target's only option is to refuse. Odd little oversight.

Is the "Seduce your own concubine" event similarly bugged? I have never seen anything but the disgusted result on it.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Preechr posted:

Is the "Seduce your own concubine" event similarly bugged? I have never seen anything but the disgusted result on it.
Kinda, yeah. It looks deliberate, though. The positive reaction is blocked off if they were forced into concubinage, despite that there's actually a "forgives abduction" written specifically for that. Maybe they figured after writing it that it was possibly offensive, and so axed it? That one's easy enough to re-enable; I did so in my little bug fix mod.

quote:

Today, [From.GetFirstName], my [GetFromRelation], confessed that she has forgiven me for her abduction. She has grown to like her new life in [Root.Capital.Capital.GetName]... and me.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
Went to re-do my Ireland game, starting as a count. Did the usual fabricate-a-claim-to-make-a-duchy. Thirty loving years pass with 15-18 diplomacy stewards spectacularly failing to make a claim on anywhere nearby and no opportunity to legitimately gain claims on those counties. What a fun hour that was. That's enough CK2 tonight. Might just start somewhere different, it'd be fun to see how much better I do this time but I don't have the patience for the initial bit.

Walton Simons fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jul 6, 2015

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Not sure if this should go in here or the EU4 thread but: first time using the save game converter, copied the mod file into the EU4 directory, made sure it was active, but I don't see any change in the map from vanilla and I don't see a bookmark I can select for it or anything. The mod file claims to be compatible with my version; I'm fully updated but haven't bought CS. What am I doing wrong here?

e: it was forgetting to check if there was anything beside the mod file to move from the CK2 to the EU4 directory, as it turns out.

skasion fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Jul 7, 2015

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!
I've only used the converter once, but I didn't have to move any files about. Just, when it was done, it showed up in the mods section as soon as I loaded EU4. I doubt that's your problem, but maybe try converting again without moving the mod file after?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

beedeebee posted:

Wow, I was dicking around in the religion tab and turns out I accidentally funded some guy's campaign to become pope.
I only realised this when I found it strange that the new pope had a 100 opinion of me. Turns out that the 'funded campaign' modifier is a +200 one. :getin:
Request money all day everyday!

Yeah it's nice when that happens, although the AI always seems to bump up their cardinal candidates at the last second and get them in before the interface updates which is very annoying. One thing that is nice is that it's a flat bonus regardless of how much you actually spent on making them a cardinal, so if they're ALREADY in first without your help, you can just chip in 10 gold or something and still get the huge bonus if they end up as pope.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Lol my emperor got the nickname The Hammer before age 12 by usurping the kingdoms of Lombardy and Burgundy and singlehandedly repelling a Jihad for Syria. Kid owns.

As an aside, is it possible to hold multiple empire titles? I control all of Italy and Sicily but it's not letting me create Italia. Is it because I appointed Exarchs? I'm also getting close to controlling enough to make the Arabian empire.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
You can hold as many empire titles as you want but I think Italia has a few special requirements.

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

As an aside, is it possible to hold multiple empire titles? I control all of Italy and Sicily but it's not letting me create Italia. Is it because I appointed Exarchs? I'm also getting close to controlling enough to make the Arabian empire.

I think Italia may be one of those with a cultural requirement.
You can hold multiple Empires, but you probably don't want to if your goal is to remain big.
It only takes one bad succession for your realm to be split between the two Empires if you create them (or if you are on Elective Gavelkind succession).
Whereas if you only have one (pick your favourite) the Kingdoms of the other Empire will slowly de-jure drift (100 years) into yours, which means your Crown laws apply in those lands, you get Casus Beli to reclaim that land, and vassals are less likely to revolt against their de-jure liege than a de-facto liege.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
^^ There are no cultural requirements for empires anymore.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Lol my emperor got the nickname The Hammer before age 12 by usurping the kingdoms of Lombardy and Burgundy and singlehandedly repelling a Jihad for Syria. Kid owns.

Italia has special creation conditions. Namely, you must control the kingdoms of Italy and Sicily, and control another, third kingdom title as well. The requirement to hold two kingdom titles to create a generic empire is waved when you are already an emperor, but in Italia's case you absolutely must control these kingdoms. So perhaps you haven't created Italy or Sicily yet? If you do, then perhaps you have to hold them personally. Wait until your exarchs die and try to create the empire again if you want to.

But it's generally never a good idea to control more than one empire. It's better to let all other kingdoms drift into your already existing empire.

Keeper Garrett
May 4, 2006

Running messages and picking pockets since 1998.
After playing old CK2+ I find the default empire names a bit silly.

I'd just like to be able playing Scandinavia, but renamed as Norseghanistan.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

There's a DLC for that isn't there?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Wafflecopper posted:

There's a DLC for that isn't there?

There is, and you can always edit the vanilla names themselves if they bother you too much.

Keeper Garrett
May 4, 2006

Running messages and picking pockets since 1998.
Does doing that editing affect iron man?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I'm pretty sure it's perfectly compatible with Iron Man: editing title names happens during the game, it doesn't affect the difficulty in any way. So you can edit your realm name but not have a customized character in Iron Man.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

Keeper Garrett posted:

Everything you can do after you hit play is Ironman compatible, including customization of your titles and dynasty. You can get the Khan of Khans achievement all while having renamed the Borjigin dynasty to Dickbutts
The only thing that blocks achievements are the ruler designer.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

:captainpop:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Keeper Garrett posted:

You can Ironman but can't get achievements if you edit the .txt file for landed titles.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

:gonk: Th-that's terrifying. What the heck is he? I'm not familiar with Warhammer lore.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Just a regular old Emperor who woke up one day with giant bug eyes. Unless he's been dabbling in some secret mischief, looks like it was entirely random and undeserved.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
New dev diary about events.

e: Chinese courtiers?

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jul 7, 2015

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Groundwork being laid for the inevitable China expansion.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The China expansion is just that one county that is technically in modern China.

Next expansion fills out Burma.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Secret Bear confirmed

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Damnit, I wish next week would get here sooner so I can get back to work on Rise of Islam.

Also, I hope I don't have to redo too much. :gonk:

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
Werewolves

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Walton Simons posted:

Went to re-do my Ireland game, starting as a count. Did the usual fabricate-a-claim-to-make-a-duchy. Thirty loving years pass with 15-18 diplomacy stewards spectacularly failing to make a claim on anywhere nearby and no opportunity to legitimately gain claims on those counties. What a fun hour that was. That's enough CK2 tonight. Might just start somewhere different, it'd be fun to see how much better I do this time but I don't have the patience for the initial bit.

I just switched from doing 1066 Ireland starts to doing a 1066 Northern Spain start. Ireland is all about getting claims for your heir and manufacturing claims. Spain is more about efficiently grabbing territory, secretly murdering your brothers, and keeping the rest of Christendom out of your business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

pwnyXpress posted:

Werewolves

Is there something I'm missing or is it really that (or secret bear)?

• Locked thread