Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Tight spaces, tighter controls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lol.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

zen death robot posted:

It needs to be Metal Gear September already

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I'm just going to skip the non lethal stuff this time around... I need to get through 2, 3 and 4 before you all start the PW co op stuff.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
the english guy did not shout ROCKET PUNCH

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
sneaking suit... bandana... my god

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It's weird to see Big Boss in a bandana - you'd think he'd outgrown it by now.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

THE PENETRATOR posted:

the english guy did not shout ROCKET PUNCH

He also didn't make neighing noises when Big Boss got on the horse...I'll forgive him though.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
So Drebin is literally the Smuggler from deus ex, right?

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

net cafe scandal posted:

It's weird to see Big Boss in a bandana - you'd think he'd outgrown it by now.

didnt he specifically throw it away in PW? implying he was done following in the boss' footsteps?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
my first playthrough of tpp i probably wont do a no-kill run.. but i probably wont murder everyone either. i guess what i'm trying to say is im just gonna enjoy myself and let it ride

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

swimming anime posted:

didnt he specifically throw it away in PW? implying he was done following in the boss' footsteps?

maybe he got a new one

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

my morning jackass posted:

I had finished 2,3,pw, and 4 about a month ago and I've been busy moving so haven't been able to play much. I'm replaying 4 since I did a no-kill run on my first play through and I wanted to try out some of the weapons but going on a murder spree doesn't feel right. I still use the tranq constantly. I didn't do much of the pw end game stuff, worth going back to?

I just started playing gz but need to set up my computer again. I don't like the keyboard controls though and my drat rabbit bit right through my 360 controller wire.

ive been playing gz a ton since i can finally play it on pc and i really like the kbm controls, it makes me wanna wait two weeks for phantom pain on pc

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

rediscover posted:

my first playthrough of tpp i probably wont do a no-kill run.. but i probably wont murder everyone either. i guess what i'm trying to say is im just gonna enjoy myself and let it ride

The way story missions are set up episodically makes me think they wanted you to have the freedom to approach every mission individually without chaining yourself to a single play style for the entire game. Praise be to our benevolent overlord hk

Also I need to know how many dedicated members the cardboard box team has

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm going to play non lethal but bring out the guns if I run against Cipher's men

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ocelot playing Russian roulette with 3 revolvers *makes the Italian chef gesture*

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

In Training posted:

Ocelot playing Russian roulette with 3 revolvers *makes the Italian chef gesture*

Ocelot making the cat noise.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

a bay posted:

Ocelot making the cat noise.

It's an ocelot noise

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The cig spray is a ton of fun to gently caress around with, idk if I've ever really used it before.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I feel bad for Granin and respect his devotion to Russia

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i read you can slalom down hills in cardboard boxes in tpp.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i read you can slalom down hills in cardboard boxes in tpp.

Someone post the webm. The sheer beauty of the animation as BB effortlessly swaps box configurations the way ocelot spins a revolver... what an achievement.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Solid Snake and Raiden may recognize the value of the box, but only Big Boss has unlocked it's full potential

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

net cafe scandal posted:

Solid Snake and Raiden may recognize the value of the box, but only Big Boss has unlocked it's full potential

Master versus apprentice

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao I defeated the fear by feeding him a series of rotten snakes until he threw up and exploded.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MGS3 is the greatest game ever made.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

it's about to be dethroned

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I know it's risky, but I'm going to save in Sokrovenno Forest and begin my battle with the End tomorrow.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Apparently the early design of The End fight was intended to be beaten over the course of one to two weeks, and they play tested it and people said it was impossible, so they toned it down to what it is now. I wonder what that original design was like...

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

Apparently the early design of The End fight was intended to be beaten over the course of one to two weeks, and they play tested it and people said it was impossible, so they toned it down to what it is now. I wonder what that original design was like...

Apparently Quiet's boss battle is pretty epic

etherealshaq
Mar 6, 2010

COME DOWN AND EAT CHICKEN WITH ME, BEAUTIFUL. IT'S SOOOOOOOOOO DARK
playing these games for the first time one thing I notice is how effectively each installment has added progressively more elements yet by MGS4 it doesn't feel like your character is overburdened with a bunch of junk he'll never use. everything's all very balanced. MGS4 might actually be the best-playing installment of the series, despite Snake Eater's overall superiority as a game

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

etherealshaq posted:

also young ocelot = best character. him killing hundreds of bees by spinning his revolvers really fast is what longinus was referring to when he spoke of "the sublime"

etherealshaq posted:

playing these games for the first time one thing I notice is how effectively each installment has added progressively more elements yet by MGS4 it doesn't feel like your character is overburdened with a bunch of junk he'll never use. everything's all very balanced. MGS4 might actually be the best-playing installment of the series, despite Snake Eater's overall superiority as a game

I agree.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Reminds me of Solidus...

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I notice BB takes his hair out of the ponytail when he wears the bandana. Not too important, just something to think about..

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I don't think I'll be using the bandana.. just seems pathetic for BB to wear it at this point.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I wonder if there will be an option to remove the eyepatch and just walk around grossing ppl out with his burned up eye socket. I imagine Skull Face would approve.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

zen death robot posted:

They scavenged a bunch of spare parts from Solidus to rebuild BB and they didn't bother with the eye. Kinda hosed up IMO.

I may be getting the chronology wrong, but Solidus lost his eye in MGS2.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I was never really clear on the timeline of BB's body though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

net cafe scandal posted:

I was never really clear on the timeline of BB's body though.

He loses his eye in MGS3, his hand after Ground Zeroes(?), then Solid Snake burned him to death with hairspray and The Patriots(?) kept his barbequed corpse barely alive on life support and then when Solidus died in MGS2 they used his parts to rebuild Big Boss but he was missing the same eye.

• Locked thread