Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

tarlibone posted:

Hulk Hogan is the voice of the dean. And I mean Hulkamania-era Hulk Hogan, complete with championship belt. And he is certifiably insane.

It's a shame that Randy Savage is dead, because it's pretty obvious that The Mayor was modeled on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

I have heard literally nothing about it can someone break it down for me

Well, there's somethin' I've been meanin' to tell ya 'bout the college on the edge of the town.
No one should ever go there; you know it's bad, bad, bad.
It gets worse every school year, but, man, the freakin' teachers are rad!
Yeah yeah, yeaaah!

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Typical posted:

I am here if you need to talk...

I've been watching this thread meander along for a year now waiting for season 2. Im so glad discussion is starting to pick back up again. welcome back every one.

I can't wait to hear what insignificant background objects you colored in when the show officially premieres.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Typical posted:

I've been watching this thread meander along for a year now waiting for season 2. Im so glad discussion is starting to pick back up again. welcome back every one.

If I ever apply at your studio, can you ask the IT person to block everything I've ever said here? Thanks in advance.

Oh, and I don't suppose you have any info on the leak you can share? Did you plug it or is there any kerfuffle going on about it? I don't know why, if it was an employee, anyone would risk their job to leak two episodes a couple weeks early.

Irish Joe posted:

I can't wait to hear what insignificant background objects you colored in when the show officially premieres.

Hold on, let me get out my notes for "Irish Joe".

Yep, checks out.

curse of flubber fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jul 7, 2015

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Irish Joe posted:

Yeah, be a dick to the one person who actually does something cool in this thread.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Typical has been doing more than coloring for a while on this show.

I guess it should wait until the show actually airs but I'm curious what he designed for the second episode, there's tons of cool prop stuff in that one like the antimatter gun and all the different Gear ships.

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

Irish Joe posted:

Nice one bro, you sure burned me good. Coloring was last season though. Now I'm the lead prop designer and I draw space ships and guns. for example I did over 250 designs for a single episode in season 2. So yeah, my art is in almost every scene. Also I do most of the 3D modeling for the space ships, and occasionally animation. But what ever I still like your sarcastic posting style so i'm not offended. This is why I post in SA and not reddit.

Megaspel posted:

If I ever apply at your studio, can you ask the IT person to block everything I've ever said here? Thanks in advance.

Oh, and I don't suppose you have any info on the leak you can share? Did you plug it or is there any kerfuffle going on about it? I don't know why, if it was an employee, anyone would risk their job to leak two episodes a couple weeks early.

I'll let him know. The IT guy is really funny, he looks like a guy from Duck Dynasty and hes sarcastic as hell. He gives me a lot of poo poo for being a PC person. But we hang out and talk about Dota2 sometimes. He makes a Cameo appearance in season 2 also I can't really talk about the leak right now.

Ror posted:

Typical has been doing more than coloring for a while on this show.

I guess it should wait until the show actually airs but I'm curious what he designed for the second episode, there's tons of cool prop stuff in that one like the antimatter gun and all the different Gear ships.

oh I cant wait to tell you about that too...

Typical fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jul 8, 2015

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

typical were you on the rick and morty dvd? I saw they interviewed a prop designer for an extra and I was all "i wonder if that's typical"

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

Toxxupation posted:

typical were you on the rick and morty dvd? I saw they interviewed a prop designer for an extra and I was all "i wonder if that's typical"

No I wasn't. I think They interviewed Andrew Delange, who is the lead Background designer. I work with him and hes really cool. For half of the production he lived out of a VW van with his dog who looks like a bear. its a bear dog. and it has one glassy white eye and a Mohawk.

Im on the Community Season 5 DVD though.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Typical posted:

Nice one bro, you sure burned me good. Coloring was last season though. Now I'm the lead prop designer and I draw space ships and guns. for example I did over 250 designs for a single episode in season 2. So yeah, my art is in almost every scene. Also I do most of the 3D modeling for the space ships, and occasionally animation. But what ever I still like your sarcastic posting style so i'm not offended. This is why I post in SA and not reddit.

I'll let him know. The IT guy is really funny, he looks like a guy from Duck Dynasty and hes sarcastic as hell. He gives me a lot of poo poo for being a PC person. But we hang out and talk about Dota2 sometimes. He makes a Cameo appearance in season 2 also I can't really talk about the leak right now.

oh I cant wait to tell you about that too...

poo poo i wanna do this for a living.

if someone wanted to start doing tha for a living what should they learn and practicing

Unmature
May 9, 2008

KoRMaK posted:

if someone wanted to start doing tha for a living what should they learn and practicing

Drawing.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

KoRMaK posted:

check out codecademy

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

KoRMaK posted:

I get asked this a lot. Its sort of a life long process and involves a lot of dedication. but its super fun and rewarding. I think the easiest answer i can give you is to start drawing more. and make your own comics. Just get your ideas on paper and be funny. and don't worry about what other people think. Just aim to entertain. The rest is highly debated but you learn as you go

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
any gameplay videos from Roy 2: Dave?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Rocksicles posted:

Sorry. There's a media embargo until Fleebzork 9£Î┬. My hands are tied.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Rocksicles posted:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
MUST HAVE !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4EtO7FFbPo

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD
Make science your bitch!

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

I just want to know if there's more of those puppets!

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008

Typical posted:

I get asked this a lot. Its sort of a life long process and involves a lot of dedication. but its super fun and rewarding. I think the easiest answer i can give you is to start drawing more. and make your own comics. Just get your ideas on paper and be funny. and don't worry about what other people think. Just aim to entertain. The rest is highly debated but you learn as you go
I've been a bit of a lurker over the years in a lot of the drawing threads, and it's really nice to see someone go from doing pretty dull (insurance?) illustrations to one of the most interesting cartoon shows out there. That's kinda how it works, but still cool to see. Kudos, man. Looking forward to whatever things you can share from behind the dark curtain once the episodes air.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

ultramiraculous posted:

I just want to know if there's more of those puppets!

Someone on the reddit thread said their buddy built them, animatronic too.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Bown posted:

Yeah AS are a good few years removed from their "lovely 4am stoner programming" reputation now. China, IL is incredible too.

Yeah, but they still waste most of their air time on KOTH, American Dad, Family Guy, Robot Chicken, Aqua Teen, etc.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

Yeah, but they still waste most of their air time on KOTH, American Dad, Family Guy, Robot Chicken, Aqua Teen, etc.

KOTH is never wasted time.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Typical posted:

First, I'm sorry we all stole the first two episodes from the internet.

Second, welcome back!

Grizzlegrax
Mar 21, 2013

:ghost: Bustin' Makes Me :ghost:
:ghost: Feel Good
:ghost:
I'm not sorry at all. I'd do it again if I could. That's how hungry I am. That's how good this is.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

I'm sorry too, though if it means anything, I bought the Rick and Morty BluRay.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
I would if there was a region 2 DVD version

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

MrL_JaKiri posted:

I would if there was a region 2 DVD version

The US Bluray is Region Free. If you actually want to get the DVD version for some reason, you can get region free standalone DVD players for next to nothing nowadays. Or just use VLC on your PC or something.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I live in Australia so i'm not sorry. But i enjoyed it thoroughly :)

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Rocksicles posted:

I live in Australia so i'm not sorry. But i enjoyed it thoroughly :)

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-shows/movies-tv-shows-on-sale/tv-animation/rick-morty-season-1/616798/

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I have no use for blurays.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

I agree with you except KOTH, American Dad, and Aqua Teen are all fantastic. Also fantastic: Bob's Burgers. Actually the only things on the lineup that I think are complete wastes of space are Family Guy, The Cleveland Show, Robot Chicken, and at least half of the toonami lineup.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Funkmaster General posted:

I agree with you except KOTH, American Dad, and Aqua Teen are all fantastic. Also fantastic: Bob's Burgers. Actually the only things on the lineup that I think are complete wastes of space are Family Guy, The Cleveland Show, Robot Chicken, and at least half of the toonami lineup.

Oh, I agree that those are great shows. It's just that KOTH and American Dad are on multiple stations already anyway, and Adult Swim has more than enough programming at this point that they shouldn't need to play two of each. Family Guy is by far the most annoying, because whenever I decide to actually turn on AS it'll be a family guy episode I remember watching on AS 12 years ago.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Funkmaster General posted:

Unfortunately the bad half of the Toonami lineup seems to draw the most ratings. A lot of stupid people are into poo poo like Sword Art Online.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Rocksicles posted:

I have no use for blurays.

Look at this guy from an alternate dimension that sucks.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Unfortunately the bad half of the Toonami lineup seems to draw the most ratings. A lot of stupid people are into poo poo like Sword Art Online.

The first half of the first season of Sword Art Online is good :saddowns:

But yeah the Toonami lineup is kinda poo poo and filled with Bleach and Naruto instead of just like Outlaw Star and Space Dandy and Dragonball Z

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

EatinCake posted:

I've been a bit of a lurker over the years in a lot of the drawing threads, and it's really nice to see someone go from doing pretty dull (insurance?) illustrations to one of the most interesting cartoon shows out there. That's kinda how it works, but still cool to see. Kudos, man. Looking forward to whatever things you can share from behind the dark curtain once the episodes air.

I regret nothing. all that terrible bad art served its purpose. I still make bad art these days too, but more infrequently. also i look forward to sharing what I can when the episodes air

key word "WHEN THEY AIR"

I am super glad you guys liked the episodes though. and thank you to any one who buys the DVDS.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Typical posted:

I regret nothing. all that terrible bad art served its purpose. I still make bad art these days too, but more infrequently. also i look forward to sharing what I can when the episodes air

key word "WHEN THEY AIR"

I am super glad you guys liked the episodes though. and thank you to any one who buys the DVDS.

I know you're probably super removed from this process, but WHEN THEY AIR I would pay for a Goodbye Moon Men ringtone. Maybe mention that to someone.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
Re-watching Community and noticed in S05E06, Abed and Abed's love interest are watching Rick and Morty at the end. Never noticed that before.

curse of flubber fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jul 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

:unsmigghh:

• Locked thread