Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red Ryder
Apr 20, 2006

oh dang
Okay I called the mechanic and my cars were in storage somewhere else? Where my money at though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Does anyone on PS4 have an upgraded Progen I can test out before I drop the cash? The stats don't make it look better than the Osiris.

Red Ryder posted:

Okay I called the mechanic and my cars were in storage somewhere else? Where my money at though

Was it all legit?

E:

hiddenriverninja posted:

tell me about the new threads my crime Barbie can wear

The small-cut leather pants are better than the zippered ones from the last update imo. The new jackets are all hot and there are some new (ugly) chains and a bunch of watches. The best adds are the Smell Like A Bitch designer t-shirts.

titties fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jul 9, 2015

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
What's the verdict on fastest supercars?
My understanding is the Osiris is slightly faster than the Zentorno but much more expensive.
How does the new T20 fit into this?

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
I think someone at Rockstar is a fan of Inspector Gadget.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Isn't there a certain tire type you should be putting on everything? Seem to remember something about that. Also does anyone want to cheese land races for upgrades and stuff on the PC? My social club is Nutmegowns.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Robo Reagan posted:

Isn't there a certain tire type you should be putting on everything? Seem to remember something about that. Also does anyone want to cheese land races for upgrades and stuff on the PC? My social club is Nutmegowns.

Yes, offroad tires on all vehicles.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Why?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Offroad tires prevent your car from hitting the curb, you go over it gently instead without losing any speed or traction.

apologies for crap video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0kDIRrxgIA&ab_channel=Broughy1322#t=1m50s

Splode fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jul 9, 2015

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Don't offroad tires cut your top speed or something?

It sure seemed like they did when I first tried putting them on my Sultan.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I thought all tires were merely cosmetic

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Floppychop posted:

Don't offroad tires cut your top speed or something?

It sure seemed like they did when I first tried putting them on my Sultan.

Nope, tires don't change anything other than how your vehicle interacts with bumps. Same speed and acceleration, same handling. Just like how adding armor doesn't do anything other than prevent other cars from pushing you around as easily without actually making your vehicle heavier.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
Does vehicle armor not protected you from bullets?

So, the cheater scene broke the new encryption key. The good news: I'm now 42 million dollars richer (assuming Rockstar doesn't take it back). The bad news: expect that poo poo where everyone on the server gets blown up simultaneously tomorrow.

Has anyone with gearhead or petrolhead level autism made a list of all the upgrades available for each car yet (generally, not specific to this update)?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

UserErr0r posted:

So, the cheater scene broke the new encryption key. The good news: I'm now 42 million dollars richer (assuming Rockstar doesn't take it back). The bad news: expect that poo poo where everyone on the server gets blown up simultaneously tomorrow.

Has anyone with gearhead or petrolhead level autism made a list of all the upgrades available for each car yet (generally, not specific to this update)?

Vehicle armor increases the health of your car, so it deforms less from impacts and requires more bullets to explode, but you'll still die in seconds when they shoot through your windows.

Sounds like time for a money party?

titties
May 10, 2012

I bought the Vindicator and the rally car earlier. After I decided to buy the T20 as well, I signed up for the R* mailing list and verified my e-mail before making the purchase. Hopefully the rebate gets applied correctly.

E:
T20 initial impressions:

Pros -
Astonishingly stable
Very good braking
Competitive acceleration
It has a loving automatic spoiler that deploys as you pick up speed

Cons -
Has the interior of a late-90's sedan
Costs $2.2 million funbux

E2: best car ever

We all know that adding a spoiler increases traction in the game. This car's automatic spoiler also appears to improve braking by turning up like a drag wing when you stomp on the brakes.

titties fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Jul 9, 2015

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

How the gently caress have they not fixed the AA on AMD cards yet? :suicide:

UserErr0r posted:

At your service. Hockles and I put it together. It's in the second post.

Edit: All it's missing AFAIK are the ones you can convert to topless. I'd appreciate a list of those if anyone has it.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Jul 9, 2015

necrofin
Dec 26, 2009
Does anyone else's game turn into a stuttery mess when multiple cop choppers appear on PC? My fps drops to about 45 from a stable 60+ which it didn't used to do, but it's clearly not video fps that is the issue.

The stuttering comes and goes as you flip your view from the choppers to ground and back.

Also any first when you enter ammu-nation interaction is quaranteed 2 fps now, not just the armor section.

necrofin fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Jul 9, 2015

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I was torn on buying the T20 because I am a poo poo driver and some of the supercars are nothing more than expensive high-velocity pinballs once I get behind the wheel. But that spoiler looked cool as gently caress and the rebate made it not such a terrible hit to the funbux.

Turns out I can actually drive it and it owns.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Splode posted:

Nope, tires don't change anything other than how your vehicle interacts with bumps. Same speed and acceleration, same handling. Just like how adding armor doesn't do anything other than prevent other cars from pushing you around as easily without actually making your vehicle heavier.

That's just not true. I haven't tried all tyres, but these are my observations on the following:

Off-road: Great traction off-road, handling seems 'dull' on-road, for want of a better word.
Sport: Medium grip, very spry handling. Easier to spin out than Muscle or Tuner tyres, but that slight slippiness makes them turn quickly, great for threading through traffic.
Muscle: My favourite; decent handling and grip, but handbrakes around corners like a demon. If you find yourself spinning out a lot on handbrake turns, try these.
Tuner: Grips the road like crazy - the least likely to spin out, but has so much traction it understeers a LOT.

If you really don't think tyres make any difference, try hurling a car around with Tuner tyres, then with Muscle or Sport. No idea if different rims make a difference, but I'm guessing probably not.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Jul 9, 2015

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I thought the only difference was custom tires being better and off-road handling better, well, off-road?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

That's just not true. I haven't tried all tyres, but these are my observations on the following:

Off-road: Great traction off-road, handling seems 'dull' on-road, for want of a better word.
Sport: Medium grip, very spry handling. Easier to spin out than Muscle or Tuner tyres, but that slight slippiness makes them turn quickly, great for threading through traffic.
Muscle: My favourite; decent handling and grip, but handbrakes around corners like a demon. If you find yourself spinning out a lot on handbrake turns, try these.
Tuner: Grips the road like crazy - the least likely to spin out, but has so much traction it understeers a LOT.

If you really don't think tyres make any difference, try hurling a car around with Tuner tyres, then with Muscle. No idea if different rims make a difference, but I'm guessing probably not.

That's all placebo. Do the experiments yourself or watch others do them on YouTube. Your brain wants cock* to not be lazy shits but it's wrong, they are.

titties
May 10, 2012

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

I was torn on buying the T20 because I am a poo poo driver and some of the supercars are nothing more than expensive high-velocity pinballs once I get behind the wheel. But that spoiler looked cool as gently caress and the rebate made it not such a terrible hit to the funbux.

Turns out I can actually drive it and it owns.

The spoiler is the fuckin coolest and that car is straight-up unfair. No regrets

Also, Vindicator status: I AM THE LAW

It's surprisingly rad, noticeably faster than my Ruffian or Lectro, speed is just a notch under the top-tier sport bikes. Turns like a schoolbus, KERS boost puts it over 120 mph, I died instantly rip

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

necrofin posted:

Does anyone else's game turn into a stuttery mess when multiple cop choppers appear on PC? My fps drops to about 45 from a stable 60+ which it didn't used to do, but it's clearly not video fps that is the issue.

Yeah, people where talking about this on mumble earlier, this patch has had a really hit on performance in general but is especially bad around lights/shadows like with the spotlight.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Anecdotal evidence:

I haven't really noticed much of a performance hit at all, apart from the hilariously broken Ammu-nation problem. In general play the game both looks and performs how it did before as far as I can tell.

Single GTX970, btw.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Anyone else had hilarious issues with the race start timer being out of sync? I saw it happen to everyone in a bunch of races today, though they were notably laggy.

People waiting for the turbo boost and the front row just drives off on '2'.

Church Ladyboy
Oct 11, 2007

SQUAWK

UserErr0r posted:

Can you direct me to where you're finding reliable online mods? The grind is not fun :smith:

necrofin
Dec 26, 2009

AirRaid posted:

Anecdotal evidence:

I haven't really noticed much of a performance hit at all, apart from the hilariously broken Ammu-nation problem. In general play the game both looks and performs how it did before as far as I can tell.

Single GTX970, btw.

I also have single GTX970 and my fps (according to steam overlay fps counter) itself when it comes to cop choppers doesn't tank that much, but the game turns into a stuttering slideshow.

On a plus note seems like online frameskipping whent down, but I guess that was because no one had their hax back online yet and we are about to see it make a return again.. well at least I got a day of happy driving around without having to deal with it.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

titties posted:

Does anyone on PS4 have an upgraded Progen I can test out before I drop the cash? The stats don't make it look better than the Osiris.

Was it all legit?

E:

The small-cut leather pants are better than the zippered ones from the last update imo. The new jackets are all hot and there are some new (ugly) chains and a bunch of watches. The best adds are the Smell Like A Bitch designer t-shirts.

I'm going to be on to try out all the new stuff myself around 7 am Mountain time aka 3 hours from when I made this post. I'll be doing lots of clothes shopping but I'll buy all the cars so you can try any of them you want. Holla at yer boi

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Splode posted:

That's all placebo. Do the experiments yourself or watch others do them on YouTube. Your brain wants cock* to not be lazy shits but it's wrong, they are.

I have done the experiments myself and there are very clear differences between different tyre types. It's more of a handling tweak than a gigantic, earth-shattering difference, but it's there and it's noticeable, enough that you might as well spend the small amount of cash necessary experimenting with them.

Again, try cornering and handbraking a car with Tuner tyres, then try it with Sport, then with Muscle. They feel obviously different.

titties
May 10, 2012

frenton posted:

I'm going to be on to try out all the new stuff myself around 7 am Mountain time aka 3 hours from when I made this post. I'll be doing lots of clothes shopping but I'll buy all the cars so you can try any of them you want. Holla at yer boi

Already bought it and it is astonishing. Thanks, though.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

titties posted:

Already bought it and it is astonishing. Thanks, though.

Durr, didn't realize the Progen and T20 were the same thing.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

necrofin posted:

The stuttering comes and goes as you flip your view from the choppers to ground and back.

Also any first when you enter ammu-nation interaction is quaranteed 2 fps now, not just the armor section.

Wait, that's not just me? I had this happen yesterday while I was in a shootout with the cops, I thought maybe it was my graphics card being wonky. I'm on a single GTX 970 and everything runs flawless and smooth right up until I piss off the cops and get choppers after me, then it becomes a jerky mess.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

titties posted:

Shockingly I do!

I will be on tonight if you want to give it a spin. So far it is my favorite super. It is not as squirrely as a Zentorno and it seems to be more responsive cornering than an Osiris. It also seems to have a wee bit smoother suspension travel and distance making it take bumps smoother, but that could be my imagination as that is really hard to judge. It drives quite nice.

It gets me killed less than the Osiris because scissor doors close when I jump in in a hurry and hit the gas, while the Osiris gullwing just stays open and gets me shot to death because half my car is open. It sounds trivial but it has gotten me killed a fre times.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I have done the experiments myself and there are very clear differences between different tyre types. It's more of a handling tweak than a gigantic, earth-shattering difference, but it's there and it's noticeable, enough that you might as well spend the small amount of cash necessary experimenting with them.

Again, try cornering and handbraking a car with Tuner tyres, then try it with Sport, then with Muscle. They feel obviously different.

I know you really belive this but you are wrong. The tires in the game do not have any stats in the game files at all. The only difference between tires is geometry.

The game has a stat for traction, and if the different tires had different traction then they would see different times in variable controlled drag tracks and they do not, because they all have the exact same traction values.

At the level with really good competetive racers the only think that helps is the geometry of off road tires. I wish this wasn't true, because they look like rear end and I wish I could use something else.

EDIT: regarding the t20, even if its merely the same in accel and handling the superior braking it offers makes it a winner in racing. It does noticeably brake better. The later you brake and the less time you spend doing it means more time at the go fast. It can take corners in less time as a result, which adds up on a lot of courses. This is also relevant to poo poo drivers because better braking gives people a greater margin for error in corners.

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jul 9, 2015

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

Splode posted:

Anyone else had hilarious issues with the race start timer being out of sync? I saw it happen to everyone in a bunch of races today, though they were notably laggy.

People waiting for the turbo boost and the front row just drives off on '2'.

Yep, I was getting pretty frustrated because I kept on ending up in races where everyone drives the same car (like the Coquette in the airport one) and I'd be waiting for the signal to go and the other guys would drive off 3 seconds in front of me. In that scenario, unless they are incredibly bad and spin out on every corner, there's just no way to catch up. I used to really enjoy playing races but they all feel like such a waste of time now.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

My custom plate orders never show up at LCS despite checking repeatedly my ifruit is connected to the right platform and trying different vehicles.

I don't want or need 30 different plates and would happily just have 1 with the option to loving apply it in the garage like the olden days :(

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0kDIRrxgIA

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It's alright, you don't need to prove me wrong - generally when you push back and someone goes "no, you are just straight-up wrong about this" you are, so I went to LS Customs near the airport, switched out tyres a bunch of time, rinsed the oval by the airport over and over and over, and... yeah, I was just wrong. :shrug: Sorry! All hail the placebo effect!

Interesting video though, so thanks for posting it.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jul 9, 2015

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Lol if you think you need off road tires. Just means you are a garbage driver in a gta game.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

OhsH posted:

Lol if you think you need off road tires. Just means you are a garbage driver in a gta game.

If you have never won a race by a narrow enough margin that a bad bounce or momentary loss of traction you need to correct would have cost you that race, then you are racing garbage opponents.

I've had half the races in a playlist come down to half a car length in non contact. In situations like that every little thing matters. Most of the time its irrelevant, but when it matters it really matters.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I think IGG:p2 might have broken something. I've been dumped out the game a few times today and had trouble getting into missions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

BitBasher posted:

If you have never won a race by a narrow enough margin that a bad bounce or momentary loss of traction you need to correct would have cost you that race, then you are racing garbage opponents.

I've had half the races in a playlist come down to half a car length in non contact. In situations like that every little thing matters. Most of the time its irrelevant, but when it matters it really matters.

Oh man please tell me more about tenths of a second because i wouldnt know poo poo about it

• Locked thread