Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also, I'm not derailing anything. I answered your question. You're insisting I answer it again with very specific phrasing for reasons I don't understand and are choosing to discuss nothing else.

What do you think of Gamer's weird statement? Or Spoonsy's "Day 1 is useless?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

My guess would be you hanging by your neck.

I'm willing to take that risk.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Max posted:

No, I was talking about Gamer's "I'm here and ready to talk about how many scum may be in this game." statement, which I just kinda voted him for.

Nah, I understand that. I pointed out Gamer's post too (1) and thought it was a pointless distraction (2).

Max
Nov 30, 2002

QuoProQuid posted:

Nah, I understand that. I pointed out Gamer's post too (1) and thought it was a pointless distraction (2).

I saw.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Max posted:

Also, I'm not derailing anything. I answered your question. You're insisting I answer it again with very specific phrasing for reasons I don't understand and are choosing to discuss nothing else.

What do you think of Gamer's weird statement? Or Spoonsy's "Day 1 is useless?"

I think you are trying to dodge a simple task.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

I think you are trying to dodge a simple task.

No, I'm choosing not to do it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

You'd make a very old man very happy, Max.

##vote: Max

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Like, feel free to make the argument that I must be scum for answering your question but not exactly the way that you wanted me to even though it provides no additional information and then vote for me so we can move on from this.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

What old man?

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe
Yea to be honest it's pretty clear what Max is implying. CCKeane is being weird by being insistent that he has to phrase it a certain way, which kind of annoys me.

Being annoying isn't necessarily scummy though, and I like that he's trying to engage people to post.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

WalrusWhiskers posted:

Yea to be honest it's pretty clear what Max is implying. CCKeane is being weird by being insistent that he has to phrase it a certain way, which kind of annoys me.

Being annoying isn't necessarily scummy though, and I like that he's trying to engage people to post.

##vote WalrusWhiskers

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

WalrusWhiskers posted:

What is Max implying?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Max posted:

No, I was talking about Gamer's "I'm here and ready to talk about how many scum may be in this game." statement, which I just kinda voted him for.

I think you're reaching to deep into it. The scumhunting bit was a joke, but I don't play games with twenty one people in it. What's the usual ratio for it?

Hence.

The post.

Now I could argue that "oh man the scum would be racing to put up (fake?) answers to make themselves seem helpful" right back but it was genuine curiosity. This is a big game!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I would actually like to know what I'm implying too, to see if I'm not just a paranoid nut.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Gamerofthegame posted:

I think you're reaching to deep into it. The scumhunting bit was a joke, but I don't play games with twenty one people in it. What's the usual ratio for it?

Hence.

The post.

Now I could argue that "oh man the scum would be racing to put up (fake?) answers to make themselves seem helpful" right back but it was genuine curiosity. This is a big game!

I can totally see scum trying to throw scum team speculation out there to seem genuinely interested, especially since you gave an actual number.

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe

CCKeane posted:

What is Max implying?

(you) So would you say you are not scum and neither is quidnose?

(Max) Yea, sure.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

WalrusWhiskers posted:

(Max) Yea, sure.

That is not what I thought you meant.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

WalrusWhiskers posted:

(Max) Yea, sure.

Yes, this is an exchange that happened.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm trying to parse what he said, and I now realize that he meant that yes, I can see that max answered the question and it seems annoying that CCKean would insist that he re-phrase that answer.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I mean personally I would think it would be more annoying that somebody is refusing to perform a simple task.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

I mean personally I would think it would be more annoying that somebody is refusing to perform a simple task.

It's a meaningless and confusing task.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

It is a meaningless and confusing task that town has no reason not to perform.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

OK, not meaningless since you are forcing people to commit to something, but meaningless to make me rephrase something for no reason.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Are you afraid of getting caught in a lie, Max?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

It is a meaningless and confusing task that town has no reason not to perform.

I answered the question you asked, just not using the exact terminology you wanted me to use. I don't understand why you want me to do that at all.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

Are you afraid of getting caught in a lie, Max?

No, which is why I answered you the first time.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

I answered the question you asked, just not using the exact terminology you wanted me to use. I don't understand why you want me to do that at all.

You don't have to.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

You will have to accept that the only person you can control is yourself in this scenario. I'm not making that statement until you tell me why it is important that I do so.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

You will have to accept that the only person you can control is yourself in this scenario. I'm not making that statement until you tell me why it is important that I do so.

Max please tell me how this statement could hurt town.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

Max please tell me how this statement could hurt town.

I'm not making that statement until you tell me why it is important that I do so.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max do you think Merk was a fool to make the post that he did?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

I'm not making that statement until you tell me why it is important that I do so.

You didn't answer my question, Max.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Max posted:

This is more of an inside joke because the two of us keep ending up on opposite sides when we've played recently, but OK, blow it up if you want.

Awkward post detected.

##vote Max

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Gamerofthegame posted:

Hence.

The post.

Again, set-up speculation is always a complete distraction because literally no one but the moderator knows what the set-up is. We can play this game, where we throw out numbers and try to guess the number of scum, but that doesn't get us anywhere. It's just noise, which is exactly the kind of posting that scum want.

I would dismiss your question if you were a new player, but based on votefinder (1) you should have at least some familiarity with the game so I don't know why you are wasting our time.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

To me, it looks like Keane is playing a variation of the Synx Gambit (1), which I don't see as harmful. I don't understand what you mean by it "speculat[ing] on how many people are here for no reason," because the point seems to be getting reactions out of people.

What's with the footnotes instead of using a link like TBL intended?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

wins32767 posted:

Awkward post detected.

##vote Max

Catch up.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

Max do you think Merk was a fool to make the post that he did?

Merk's made a few posts. Which one are you talking about?

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Max posted:

Catch up.

Just did. Still happy with the vote.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

I am not scum, nor is Puntification.

Is this a foolish post?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

You didn't answer my question, Max.

• Locked thread