Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

wins32767 posted:

What's with the footnotes instead of using a link like TBL intended?

hello, my name is quoproquid and i have the posting style of david foster wallace.

nice to meet you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

wins32767 posted:

Just did. Still happy with the vote.

Why?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Max posted:

I'm not making that statement until you tell me why it is important that I do so.

Are you role fishing, Max?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

Is this a foolish post?

Couldn't say.

Why specifically merk?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

Are you role fishing, Max?

No, I'm trying to get you to drop it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Come on dude, I've been trying to get you to move on from it, why would you call attention to that fact.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

Couldn't say.

Why specifically merk?

I refuse to answer your question until you answer mine.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

Come on dude, I've been trying to get you to move on from it, why would you call attention to that fact.

Call attention to the fact that you are role fishing?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Look, OK, I didn't think anything about what you were having people do until you insisted that I rephrase my answer because I am always wary of trap phrases in games.

Happy?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

The CC in my name stands for Canine Canine, because I have the jaw strength and tenacity of two canines (Yorkshire terriers)

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Because the way I see it, you're either particularly dense or rolefishing and I don't think you're that dumb.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I wasn't role fishing, you were the one that insisted to keep dogging me about it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max posted:

I wasn't role fishing, you were the one that insisted to keep dogging me about it.

Directed at CCKean.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

Look, OK, I didn't think anything about what you were having people do until you insisted that I rephrase my answer because I am always wary of trap phrases in games.

Happy?

No.

So say the phrase.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

No.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

I am not scum, nor is CCKeane.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

CCKeane posted:

No.

So say the phrase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_eSwq1ewsU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max max max! What are we going to do with you? Besides toss you in a bag and throw that bag in the river.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

wins32767 posted:

Because the way I see it, you're either particularly dense or rolefishing and I don't think you're that dumb.

If you don't think I'm that dumb then why do you think I'd be dumb enough to post what I did about Quid?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

Max max max! What are we going to do with you? Besides toss you in a bag and throw that bag in the river.

Dunno, but I'm moving on from this experience.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

Like, if someone truncated that statement to "I'm town, 'x' is town," would that satisfy you, or would you ask them to rephrase it exactly the way you have asked?

Hello Max.

This is an interesting post.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

wins32767 posted:

I am not scum, nor is CCKeane.

I am highlighting this post because I think it's disingenuous.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

Dunno, but I'm moving on from this experience.

I am not Max, I shall haunt your dreams.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

wins32767 posted:

Awkward post detected.

##vote Max

I hate arguments from awkwardness they always strike me as lazy and insincere pretenses to voting someone rather than actual reasoning. ##vote wins

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

Hello Max.

This is an interesting post.

Why are you still talking about this.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

For the record:

Wins and Walrus have reacted to this in a strange and scummy way.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

Why are you still talking about this.

Because I think you are scum, Max.

You have dodged making the statement phrased in the way I requested, demanding an explanation and role fishing from there. You entertain the possibility of making the statement with alternate phrasing, but then refuse to do so in a more definitive way.

There is no way a town people would be okay with "I am town, x is town" and not "I am not scum, nor is x". Concerns about trap phrasing and such are garbage since town doesn't give a fart about their phrasing. They don't need to. Anything a townie says is something a townie would say.

Max's behavior w/r/t is scummy through and through. He is scum.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

Because I think you are scum, Max.

You have dodged making the statement phrased in the way I requested, demanding an explanation and role fishing from there. You entertain the possibility of making the statement with alternate phrasing, but then refuse to do so in a more definitive way.

There is no way a town people would be okay with "I am town, x is town" and not "I am not scum, nor is x". Concerns about trap phrasing and such are garbage since town doesn't give a fart about their phrasing. They don't need to. Anything a townie says is something a townie would say.

Max's behavior w/r/t is scummy through and through. He is scum.

I refuse to spend the whole day repeating myself, so this is my last word on the subject:

I was legit in a game with plenty of trap phrases that lead to day kills, so I am now mostly paranoid about it whenever it pops up. I can't see any reason why you would insists on me re-phrasing what I said unless it involves a power. If you were town, the correct play was to go "Hmm, he didn't do it the right way but I shouldn't call attention to the fact that it's important so I'll drop it." You didn't, which is weird. I kept saying I wasn't going to answer it and to move on, and wasn't really pressuring you to do anything. You created the situation we are in now.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

And for the record, I think you are town and just got over-eager because you thought you caught someone. It's disingenuous to say that town wouldn't care about phrasing when you specifically direct me to say something in a certain way after the question has already been answered and you should know better.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

I refuse to spend the whole day repeating myself, so this is my last word on the subject:

I was legit in a game with plenty of trap phrases that lead to day kills, so I am now mostly paranoid about it whenever it pops up. I can't see any reason why you would insists on me re-phrasing what I said unless it involves a power. If you were town, the correct play was to go "Hmm, he didn't do it the right way but I shouldn't call attention to the fact that it's important so I'll drop it." You didn't, which is weird. I kept saying I wasn't going to answer it and to move on, and wasn't really pressuring you to do anything. You created the situation we are in now.

Calling shenanigans, especially since other players had said this exact post with no ill effects.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

If you don't want people to jump on you for being scummy, don't be scummy!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

Calling shenanigans, especially since other players had said this exact post with no ill effects.

I thought it was an innocuous question and fealt I had answered it, and I think plenty of people would too. But then you did this:

CCKeane posted:

Please say it then.

Are you honestly telling me that you think town would not find it strange that you insist on that?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

That was the first time you insisted on it, by the way.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

I thought it was an innocuous question and fealt I had answered it, and I think plenty of people would too. But then you did this:

Are you honestly telling me that you think town would not find it strange that you insist on that?

You can find it strange, there's no reason not to do it, as there is no reason for you to not do it now, as you have still refused to do for unknown reasons.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

You can find it strange, there's no reason not to do it, as there is no reason for you to not do it now, as you have still refused to do for unknown reasons.

I find it strange, which is why I'm not doing it.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Max posted:

I can totally see scum trying to throw scum team speculation out there to seem genuinely interested, especially since you gave an actual number.

On the flipside I asked this in Earthbound, too, so you know some precendant where this is a thing I like to do to get a decent idea of what I'm working with for the average game. It seems suspicious that you're taking a very vocal role in the discussion right now while trying to push this scum-tell on me to try and push away people's suspicions on you.

I agree with cckeane.

Max posted:

And for the record, I think you are town and just got over-eager because you thought you caught someone. It's disingenuous to say that town wouldn't care about phrasing when you specifically direct me to say something in a certain way after the question has already been answered and you should know better.

And this is just "nah he's just eager ignore him, rest of the game. Don't vote for me~"

##vote max

CCKeane posted:

Fast moving thread tho

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

You will not suffer I'll effects unless you are scum.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
Hi guys. I'm the Co-Mod, which is Mafia speak for ASSISTANT GOD.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

Hi guys. I'm the Co-Mod, which is Mafia speak for ASSISTANT GOD.

More like assistant cod 'cause you are fishy (ICR is scum)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Gamerofthegame posted:

On the flipside I asked this in Earthbound, too, so you know some precendant where this is a thing I like to do to get a decent idea of what I'm working with for the average game. It seems suspicious that you're taking a very vocal role in the discussion right now while trying to push this scum-tell on me to try and push away people's suspicions on you.

I agree with cckeane.

And this is just "nah he's just eager ignore him, rest of the game. Don't vote for me~"

##vote max

Fast moving thread tho

I legit don't care about people's suspicions on me, but I do think I'm an easy target.

• Locked thread