Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
Are you turning catchup on or is it sperglord mode only

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

UserErr0r posted:

Are you turning catchup on or is it sperglord mode only

catchup was on for all races because it's a loooong track

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

Splode posted:

catchup was on for all races because it's a loooong track

It wasn't when we playtested it :( Long story short, I got distracted at the same time that I purposely spun two other people out and missed a waypoint. I didn't realize it for a mile (I was just following everyone). It was kind of pointless to keep going without catchup on, so I went AFK a few times. You know it's a long race when you can go AFK a few times and it still isn't over yet.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

UserErr0r posted:

It wasn't when we playtested it :( Long story short, I got distracted at the same time that I purposely spun two other people out and missed a waypoint. I didn't realize it for a mile (I was just following everyone). It was kind of pointless to keep going without catchup on, so I went AFK a few times. You know it's a long race when you can go AFK a few times and it still isn't over yet.

I cross referenced that race, we had catchup on, you were just so far behind you couldn't see the difference :woof:

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Top Hats Monthly posted:

PC, but it is a published race, so feel free to go out at it PS4/Xboners

That's not how created content works. Your published content is only accessible on the platform it was created on, it also follows you to the platforms which you play on with your transferred account. If it gets Rockstar Verified then I believe it becomes available on all platforms.

Oddly enough if you bookmark races and then transfer platforms you still seem to be able to play them. I have Horse Factory bookmarked even though the creator went over to PS4 from Xbox 360 and it still shows up in my bookmarked jobs, I haven't tried to launch it so I have no idea if it still playable.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I cross referenced that race, we had catchup on, you were just so far behind you couldn't see the difference :woof:

Catchup was off unless you turned it on literally a second before starting the race. I was going to suggest turning it on but I figured someone would whine about potentially losing to someone who crashed or somehow missed a waypoint like I did.

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Had another awfully perceive trying to find a game last night. It makes me want to cry.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Spent all of last night picking up on call heists. I think for the whole time I played I was in on two successful setup missions :toot:. The best was lucking into a humane labs finale, but then the ground team kept jumping at the wrong time, the pilot hosed up, and then we got d/c, so goodbye, potential 170k.

No, the best was the insurgents setup mission, and the one retard who refused to drive straight to the checkpoint and kept stopping to engage the Merryweather jeeps as they spawned, until we died horribly (twice).

No, I just remembered the guy who kept intentionally wrecking the car on the fleeca scope out job. Eventually I just started RPG-ing the car when he got into it because I kept missing the exit job option.

slicing up eyeballs fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jul 10, 2015

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Instead of waiting forever to not find people to do Series A with, I went and spent 2 million on a speedy car, then proceeded to drive around in it and do a few contact missions. The T20 is really fun.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
Airraid and I did stuff. He'll post a video later if he has decent clips, but here's a summary:

Also, flight suit with the eagle mask is the best outfit for flying planes and helicopters

UserErr0r fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jul 10, 2015

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Has anyone had their T20 blown up yet and seen what the insurance is on it? Just curious. Kinda tempted to go on call for heists just to see if I can unlock some stuff for my second character, it hadn't occurred to me to do that before.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I asked the other day in session and some one said $27k

Hearsay though

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

That would be on par with the Osiris' insurance hit of 24k....

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

FallinInTheBlak posted:

That's not how created content works. Your published content is only accessible on the platform it was created on, it also follows you to the platforms which you play on with your transferred account. If it gets Rockstar Verified then I believe it becomes available on all platforms.

Oddly enough if you bookmark races and then transfer platforms you still seem to be able to play them. I have Horse Factory bookmarked even though the creator went over to PS4 from Xbox 360 and it still shows up in my bookmarked jobs, I haven't tried to launch it so I have no idea if it still playable.

Well you would think with how much it constrains PC editors it would work with them all :shrug:

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

hagie posted:

I asked the other day in session and some one said $27k

Hearsay though

Yep. I've destroyed mine a few times.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

So the T20 is most definitely not a sticky bomb friendly vehicle, geez.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Well you would think with how much it constrains PC editors it would work with them all :shrug:

It should. There are actually no constraints at all with sharing created content on any platform except the rules made up by Rockstar. All your creations transferred from last gen to current gen to PC with no problems whatsoever. The only thing is that if you edited your transferred race / deathmatch you had to take new lobby photos or something like that.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

geeves posted:

It should. There are actually no constraints at all with sharing created content on any platform except the rules made up by Rockstar. All your creations transferred from last gen to current gen to PC with no problems whatsoever. The only thing is that if you edited your transferred race / deathmatch you had to take new lobby photos or something like that.

Eh I wouldn't say that. One of my races, the barriers I put across the freeway that perfectly prevented cars from spawning on the racing areas on the 360 don't do jack to prevent that on the Xbox One due to changes in how those work.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Nintendo Kid posted:

Eh I wouldn't say that. One of my races, the barriers I put across the freeway that perfectly prevented cars from spawning on the racing areas on the 360 don't do jack to prevent that on the Xbox One due to changes in how those work.

And does editing those barriers to anything to stop traffic from spawning? Probably not. More vehicles spawning is a "feature" of current gen and pc and not related to the design of your track.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Nintendo Kid posted:

You can literally set traffic to off in the editor options.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

geeves posted:

And does editing those barriers to anything to stop traffic from spawning? Probably not. More vehicles spawning is a "feature" of current gen and pc and not related to the design of your track.

The barriers on the LSGT stop trucks from coming through the other side for me and getting stuck at an intersection, otherwise my race would be dicked.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I've always noticed a lot of oddly spawned traffic where you least expected when traffic is on.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

The barriers on the LSGT stop trucks from coming through the other side for me and getting stuck at an intersection, otherwise my race would be dicked.

AirRaid posted:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Am I not getting job invites because I don't have some port forwarded or is it because I'm low level or what?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

geeves posted:

I've always noticed a lot of oddly spawned traffic where you least expected when traffic is on.

There is a concrete mixer without fail that takes a U Turn at the start of my race

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Robo Reagan posted:

Am I not getting job invites because I don't have some port forwarded or is it because I'm low level or what?

You need to be at least level 5. I just started playing with a bro and the tutorial didn't trigger for him (he didn't skip it, he pressed "Yes tutorialise me" and it just dumped him into a session without bothering :v: ) and we're having to go do gang wars and hold up stores/escape cops to grind him up

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

You need to be at least level 5. I just started playing with a bro and the tutorial didn't trigger for him (he didn't skip it, he pressed "Yes tutorialise me" and it just dumped him into a session without bothering :v: ) and we're having to go do gang wars and hold up stores/escape cops to grind him up

I'm at level 14. Sometimes I'll get an invite to a heist or a race, but mostly it's just NPC missions. Everything else seems to work fine, like I can play with friends and do missions with them and stuff, just I don't get invites to missions when I'm solo.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I wish I could turn off invites.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I hate daily objectives for game modes you cannot select via quick play.

Also what a terrible idea having rally racing as an objective.

Deadly Mongoose
May 27, 2006

Please give me terrible avatar that is awesome
So my ban is over on 7/21 but I feel like no one will even be playing this in a few weeks. It was already hard to find full sessions.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

The tutorials are the bane of my life and a perfect example of Rockstar just not quite understanding what they're doing; the game lets you jump straight into heists immediately, no questions asked, but when you host your own (having done a bunch already, most likely) you have to sit through the opening cutscene, then get talked through the board, and this is AFTER you've dragged together a bunch of players and forced them to sit there while you watch everything. I had people leave because I couldn't skip all that bullshit.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

UserErr0r posted:

Airraid and I did stuff. He'll post a video later if he has decent clips, but here's a summary:

Up yours Danger!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h70u2Ny0emk

A lot of the clips I took ended up being garbage, including a lot of the ones where I faceplanted the floor in hilarious style :( The game doesn't record death in Online very well.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Deadly Mongoose posted:

So my ban is over on 7/21 but I feel like no one will even be playing this in a few weeks. It was already hard to find full sessions.

The loving lobby code sucks so much balls. Last night I had to cycle through 3-4 lobbies with maybe 2-5 people each before I stumbled upon one with 16+ people.

Most of my free roam is spent hunting white dots or flying planes and jumping out when I get blown up, I love the high pop lobbies.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52465/the-ill-gotten-gains-event-weekend-part-two-get-bonus

It looks like we get double funbux this weekend for races, and free gold paint.

There are three new shirts, but only 1 per day and that comes from completing your daily objectives. I hope you like impromptu races and tennis matches.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

AirRaid posted:

This breaks the point of the race. (i.e. most people who aren't in the know will start off with suck vehicles, but stand a very good chance if they're willing to cross over the medians to steal a normal car and drive through the allowed openings)

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Trabisnikof posted:

I hate daily objectives for game modes you cannot select via quick play.

Also what a terrible idea having rally racing as an objective.

Yeah, I just got "Fly under a bridge in an air race" and some other bullshit. The other day I got "Participate in a game of darts" and it took half an hour to find someone, but at least I could select it in the menu.

Speaking of rally, I still haven't unlocked those paint jobs.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Top Hats Monthly posted:

There is a concrete mixer without fail that takes a U Turn at the start of my race

I have one by the dicks where 18 wheelers back up and are stuck

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

SplitSoul posted:

Yeah, I just got "Fly under a bridge in an air race" and some other bullshit. The other day I got "Participate in a game of darts" and it took half an hour to find someone, but at least I could select it in the menu.

What platform are you on? One of my characters still has to get the rally colours, I'm on Xbox One. I also need to get the air race colours on both my characters.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

SplitSoul posted:

You can do the darts objective on your own.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

SplitSoul posted:

You can play darts and do races by yourself.

SplitSoul posted:

I wish I could turn off invites.

If you go into the settings of your iFruit there are options for the invites you receive, I've never really bothered to check them out but there might be one for disabling them completely unless you've already looked there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Yeah you can completely disable the notifications for game invites. They will still appear in the phone menu they just won't pop up all over the screen.

• Locked thread