Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Yeah honestly not going to follow it very closely but hey, figured might as well let the thread know. Someone might be interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Fancy a grown man saying hujus hujus hujus as if he were proud of it it is not english and do not make SENSE.
Mzbundifund and Bacter had an interesting and fun co-op video LP of BG1 going for a while, though it sadly appears to have fallen into the archives. The playlist is here if you're interested.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Tzarnal posted:

A New Challenger has Appeared on the Trilogy with way to many mods front:

Chevalier over at the Spellhold Studios forum, where this LP also has a mirror. Good luck to him, he's taken the choice to make it all video.

Now that the topic of video has come up. Vorgen, I have a question for you. Its going to be a while before I'm actually up to the point where you are in the game. But I'd like to post accompaning video of interesting bossfights whenever you reach them. My installation is a bit newer than yours and doesn't feature nearly as many npc's but should basically cover the same content.

If you'd prefer I didn't just let me know.

So you are Chevalier, and you're doing a video LP, and you want to post videos of your boss fights after I do them?

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Well I'm not chevalier. I'm also Tzarnal over on SHS. But yeah, I'd think it'd be interesting to show videos ( with some editing ) of some of those fights. If nothing else to show a different method in aproaching them.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

I don't mind at all if you post videos of the fights after I've done them. I'd also like to see alternative approaches to them. I think BG and BGII achieve sufficient complexity for an infinite number of variations, something lots of games fail to achieve. I like seeing as many variations as possible.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Tactical vote here for 5x kill Minsc. He doesn't need to be in the main party and should be sent to the Coronet so we see/save more mod content.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

ok, so THIS is happening...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRv8bqeR_T4

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

So...that's a thing.

Is that Brand new or an expansion?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Sounds like it will take place between Tales and BG2. So level 7ish content. Hopefully it will be well written and layed out, but I don't know. How did the expanded edition turn out?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Slaan posted:

How did the expanded edition turn out?

Some decent quality of life enhancements packaged into one game rather than demanding you go and get mods, a few that mods couldn't provide, and some highly ignorable new NPCs with bad-to-mediocre writing.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

"Bad-to-mediocre Writing"->Read->Not aided by nostalgia

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Fancy a grown man saying hujus hujus hujus as if he were proud of it it is not english and do not make SENSE.
Interesting. Given that the NPCs shown consist of the party captured by Irenicus at the start of BG2, I think we can all figure out how this ends.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...
Trent Oster (BeamDog) has talked a bit about doing this before on his TWitter account, and it's my understanding it's meant to take place between BG1 and BG2. It'll be interesting to see. It'll be more interesting to see how it ends up getting worked into the overall modding... geography or whatever you want to call it.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

The new NPCs in the Enhanced Edition are Good and Cool. Or as close as you can get without being Minsc or Jan.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
The new interface sounds cool, cept for the gamey health bars.

Least the orignal voice actors are coming back.

Vorgen, you gonna work this into the lp somehow?;

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Vikar Jerome posted:

Vorgen, you gonna work this into the lp somehow?;

Gah, I'd love to, but how? I would love to switch this LP over to the EE games, because their interface is simply better. But most of these mods haven't been tested to work with the EE games yet, so there's no Big World EE yet.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Vorgen posted:

Gah, I'd love to, but how? I would love to switch this LP over to the EE games, because their interface is simply better. But most of these mods haven't been tested to work with the EE games yet, so there's no Big World EE yet.

Most probably never will, considering how many weren't ever finished to begin with.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Maybe if someone is committed enough, they can do a "spinoff" series while Vorgen continues to work on the main one.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Vorgen posted:

could do a flashback/wild surge alternate reality side story or something, you can import characters across editions and back to the original engine, i've done it. but yeah, i see it getting pretty jarring what with the npcs and poo poo so maybe it's not worth the hassle, we have got a lot of great poo poo to come in the big world anyways.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Maybe Vorgen can do the interquel as Syv's sudden flashback, and do some mumbo-jumbo aout how he doesn't have his full powers anymore.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I uh

I'll be honest, I'm not feeling anything from the trailer, and tbh my heart kinda sank at the last "WE'RE GOING ON ANOTHER ADVENTURE BOO" at the end.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

dude, its Minsc's original voice actor doing new, original content. What more could you ever ask for?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Vorgen posted:

dude, its Minsc's original voice actor doing new, original content. What more could you ever ask for?

A quality game rather than a franchise getting turned into a shambling zombie?

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Cythereal posted:

A quality game rather than a franchise getting turned into a shambling zombie?

Eh, I get what your saying here, but given how long it's been since anything Baldur's Gate related has been released it's probably a dead franchise anyway. Whether it stays dead or is a zombie, either way it is dead. And there is a small chance it'll turn out well. I mean the EE"s turned out okay. Eventually.

cigaw
Sep 13, 2012
Dude, this whole LP is about the franchise being torn apart and gang raped by terribly presented self-inserts and horribly written morally wrong fanfic. More of Minsc is bound to be better than a fuckton of the Big World Project.

I know that Beamdog is actually making money from it, but frankly I'd rather pay for what they're doing than installing a lot of the free mods out there. Free ain't necessarily better.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

This is the shambling zombie. We're playing it right now.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
And it's been an enjoyable trainwreck, but personally I think the series should have been left in quiet retirement.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

silentsnack posted:

Something I've been wondering since you first got Glyph of Wild Magic... it seems to trigger more secondary surges with more targets in the area, so would it make things more spectacular to summon a swarm of useless minions and then drop some Glyphs on top of that?

... it may very well do exactly that. I'll have to try to Glyph some bunnies.

At any rate, here are the final votes:

code:
Character     gently caress     Merry     Kill     M-K   Result
------------------------------------------------
Worgas                  17                17     Join Party
Breagar                 19         3      16     Join Party
Wulfgar                 16                16     Join Party
Minsc                   22        10      12     Join Party
Jaheira        17       33        22      11     Join Party
Imoen           3       10                10     Let Sneak Out
Silver Star    10       17        11       6     Wait as Backup
Moddie          2       21        16       5     Wait as Backup
Chloe                    5                 5     Who?
Raziel          3        4         1       3     Wait as Backup
Hrothgar        3        8        25     -17     Let Go to Inn
I will begin to play the next update now with these votes.

Vorgen fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jul 11, 2015

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Cythereal posted:

And it's been an enjoyable trainwreck, but personally I think the series should have been left in quiet retirement.

If it's any consolation it's better than if a major publisher tried to make it. "EA presents Baldur's Gate III: Grittier, Darker, and only $14.99 for the classic characters pack!* (Minsc Extra) *Internet Connection required to play."

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I get that it's the original voice actor. That doesn't bother me.

What bothers me is that I don't know who this is being developed for - I was as big a Baldurs gate fan as it was possible to be back in the day, short of writing a fanfiction mod about my original character, do not steal, and I have absolutely minimal interest in this.

The tale of the Bhaalspawn from beginning to end is pretty well covered. It has a good beginning middle and end overall. It doesn't need another "untold" story that only exists to tie into a licence whos sole purpose is banking on peoples nostalgia.

I could get behind the EE rebuilds because those actually served a vague sense of purpose (mainly bug correction, engine updating etc, minor additions to an already complete story), to an engine that was aging and probably wouldn't work with the next major OS iteration after 10 without major work.

Part of the reason I'm enjoying this LP so much is that it's showing off a shitload of insanity that in a just world wouldn't exist.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I dunno man, there's a pretty big disconnect between the eding of BG1 "YAY I KILLED SAREVOK I'M A BADASS LVL 7" and the start of BG2 "oh god where am I? am I in jail? how did this happen ohfuckhfuckohfuck"

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

It's new content (made by sane people) for that game we all loved and people are always saying they replay the games every couple of years or whatever. It doesn't have to be for anything its just cool man.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

?? ??????, ????

I know that, objectively, it has been 36 days since Imoen broke me out of my cell. But I realize that I still have no idea what day it is now, here. I'm underground, or in a place without windows at least, I've lost track of time in the face of torture and imprisonment, and in addition I just got done with time travelling. Doesn't this Irenicus guy have time gnomes, or a timekeeper golem? I'll have to keep an eye out.

Meanwhile, we have other, more pressing, matters. So many people are here in this dungeon just as lost as I am, but I can only keep 5 of them in mind at a time. I have to choose which to take with me, and what to do with the rest. I go back to the beautiful room to think.

I turn my mind's ear to my inner voices, and listen to their clamour. "I hate to burn bridges," one says. "KILL HROTHGAR AS PUNISHMENT FOR ICEWIND DALE!" another screams. Was it his fault? Was he the Ancient Enemy? "Assassins are fun," and "Worgas seems like a nice fellow" are in the same voice. "That's no fox," another voice ominously intones. "Traitors deserve exile, not torture and death," a voice says. A compelling argument, true. "She can be a judgmental pain in the rear end, but she's also the only healer option we have right now and that counts for a lot." Another compelling argument from a rational voice. "Syv would never abandon his friend of such long standing!" Am I talking about myself with a third-person nickname now? I... I guess I am. I'm also forgetting long-time friends and companions, apparently... "Marry Imoen!" a childlike voice calls out. Uh... what? "Die die die, Jaheira," one bloodthirsty one says, "Die, die."

"Something I've been wondering since you first got the Glyph of Wild Magic," one says, "It seems to trigger more secondary surges with more targets in the area, so would it make things more spectacular to summon a swarm of useless minions and then drop some Glyphs on top of that?"

THAT'S FREAKING BRILLIANT! I LOVE ME!! Also, I have decided who to take and who to leave.

If this is farewell I shall continue alone and hopefully find my way back to my home. I will remain here but only for a brief time, should you have need to find me again. We may meet at some future time and we may not. I wish you luck in your search for your destiny Syvishtar. Fare thee well.

It would be best if you were to make your way to one of the inns or taverns, Hrothgar. It would be quicker for me to find you there than here.

No matter where I wait, Syvishtar, it will only be for a brief time, but if you say an inn or tavern will be more convenient, then that is where you will find me. Just do not leave it too late before you return. I wish you luck in your search for your destiny, Syvishtar. For now I say fare thee well and keep safe, my friend.

Yep. Well I shall fare. And you will probably too, with all that sweet equipment you're taking with you.

Gameplay note: One of the really, truly tedious things about this Let's Play has been equipment juggling. So I just do not want to continue stripping everyone of everything before they leave. I've decided to just let people keep their stuff.

Now, to Silver Star.

Very well, I know when I'm not wanted. So where can I go to play now?

Just wait for us right here. We'll be back later.

I have the same conversation with Raziel.

He's quite accepting of the idea.

Moddie is too.

But the next conversation is a little harder.

She's got all this stealth equipment, and all her magic. I'm sure she'll be fine. Right?

If we split up it will be easier for us to sneak out of here.

I guess that makes sense, but it feels wrong. My head... hurts more when we split up. I guess I'll manage. I'm not going to let the dagger get me.

What dagger, Imoen?

What dagger?

But she is already gone.

I feel naked, somehow. We have almost never been apart before, except when she was recovering from death... What have I done? We'll, we'll connect back to each other as soon as we're out of this place. How hard can it be, really?

I should focus on the task at hand - having the hard talk with Jaheira.

Ok, ok, woman, geez!

You have my gratitude, but I'll not look at you the same way again. You should not indulge that side of yourself. It does not honor the memory of Gorion.

I was wrong to suggest leaving you here. Will you adventure at my side?

An apology of a sort, though I will take it with a grain or two of salt. It will take consistent action to prove your intent to me, but I am optimistic.

I still believe you will choose the right path, and I shall be your side while you do. I hope you do not disappoint, or make me regret my decision.

Yeah, and I hope you don't sell me out to Mae'var again. We all got hopes sister.

I get everyone else assembled as well, and then we are ready to equip everyone.

We have a lot of dead duergar armor and weapons, so we pass those around. I have a mostly-full potion bag with potions I accumulated in Icewind Dale too, so I liberally spread those around too.

I've got what I came through the portal with - my staff, bow, cloak, boots, robes, all sorts of goodies.

Poor Wulfgar can only find a morning star to work with, although he prefers war hammers.

Breagar is completely happy with the axe he is given.

As I look more closely at this dwarf who says he's my friend, I notice his actual silver hand.

Looking even more closely, I find...

He doesn't seem to get any benefit from using a shield with that arm, so I don't ask him to.

Minsc is filling more of a traditional ranger role now. He is taking a back seat and a ranged attack to the Wulfgar/Breagar combo machine.

Some of the dwarves did drop crossbows and bolts, so Jaheira can do what she does best - fire from the back lines. I also give her the werewolf-shapeshifting cloak. She can probably use it the best out of all of us.

And Worgas... well, he can only use a dagger and a sling. And we have no sling bullets. So I'm going to have to ask him to stay back and memorize all the scrolls he can.

He successfully memorizes Khelben's Warding Whip, Protection from Missiles, Cloudkill, Simbul's Spell Trigger, Ruby Ray of Reversal, and Ghost Armor.

But he fails on Minor Globe of Invulnerability, Improved Invisibility, Cacofiend (ouch), Power Word Sleep, and Ray of Enfeeblement.

All that memorization does manage to make him a little better at spellcraft, though...

I feel like I've got some kind of apprentice. A bumbling student. A ... mini-me! I can see great things for you in the future, Worgas!

We're all set to go and loaded for bear, so I put us in formation and we set off down the only available corridor.

I go back to a door that we've seen before but didn't open.

One little mephit is no problem for us. The golem might be, but it has no eyes.

I am a servant born of the Master's magic. He has designed me to clean the sewers and feed the guardian.

Who is the guardian?

He feeds on the filth and remains of the prisoners. If it is not time to perform my duties, then I must return to my rest.

Who is your master?

I am not permitted to speak of him. If it is not time to perform my duties, then I must return to my rest.

Well, ok then. I look around the room. There are some small things on the shelves and tables here.

I realize that without Imoen, we have nobody to pick locks should we find some. I hope bashing will be enough.

Our haul from the room includes 4 arrows, a war hammer, some healing potions, a spear, 2 scimitars, two scrolls, a shield, and a masterwork long sword.

Wulfgar immediately grabs the War Hammer, and feels much more confident about our chances.

Gameplay note: Since Wulfgar has 5 pips in war hammers, which weapons he uses is extremely significant. With that dumb morning star, his THAC0 is 9 and he only gets 1 attack.

Gameplay note: but by wielding a simple war hammer, his THAC0 goes to 4 and he gets 7/2 attacks.

No one can use the other weapons, though, so I pack them away in the Bag of Holding and give the scrolls to Worgas. He gets Flame Arrow but bungles Dispel Magic. Ok, next time I guess? You'll get it eventually buddy!

Then I decide to talk to the golem again.

I have cleaned the sewage chambers and fed your guardian. Do you wish me to open the door to the pit and begin my duties again?

Is that all that you can do?

It is all that you have ensorcelled me to do.

Very well. Open the doors and begin your work.

You have not activated my movement functions. You must use the activation stone.

I have commanded you and you must obey!

Your magic requires that I be activated with the stone, master. It is on the table in the room where you have kept Rielev.

I know where I keep such things, fool! I will get it when I wish!

As you will, master. I shall return to my rest.

Ok, I really, REALLY like pretending to have golem servants. I especially like the part where they call me master every sentence. I wonder if I can get some of my own.

So, Rielev. Is he behind the south door? We open it and go in. It is not locked. A mist mephit attacks us!

I am blinded, but I hear its death cry.

We stumble around for a bit, and my eyes clear just in time to see another type of mephit attacking us. Why are there so many?

In a barrel we find sling bullets for Worgas!

I can't seem to get a crate open, but Wulfgar has no problem with it.

He also has no problem taking the lightning damage to the face when he opens it.

It yields a masterwork quarterstaff, which I give to Worgas. Hope he doesn't mess that up somehow.

With the monsters killed and the room looted, I take a look around. Inside these glass cases are some very disturbing things.

Gameplay note: For some reason I never realized this before, but Irenicus has been preserving beholder carcasses? Whatever for?

I hear a bit of a commotion from the far side of the room.

Keep your staring and hands away from Boo, elven friend. Boo says you make him nervous.

Nervous of Worgas, the prettie loving pet friend? Maybe my levitating eyeball would enjoy playing with Boo?

Boo says whaaat? A levitating eyeball doesn't know how to play the hamster way.

YiaarAAArgh! Too raw and furry anyway!

Great. I am surrounded by insanity.

Not all of the glass tubes have dead things in them, though.

We move out of the bottle room and down the hallway again to where we found Breagar. There are two golems in this room.

They seem friendly.

I happen to have some gems on hand, so I give them to one of the golems. Its eyes sparkle.

I continue to give it gems, which it eats with reckless abandon. I do so until it seems to think of me as its master.

I try to do the same thing with its friend, but I run out of gems. He only seems to view me in a friendly light. But hey, we could have a golem now! I'll have to think over whether I should take one of Irenicus' golems.

Gameplay note: I guess this golem could have been part of the first party vote, but I honestly didn't think about it until now. We'll have to vote to see if we should add him to this party!

We leave golem storage for now, and head down the hallway to yet another door we have not opened. We do so and I find myself face to face with a GAUTH!

Is he for real? He wasn't joking about the floating eyeball?

When the gauth doesn't attack right away, I cautiously try to address him.

Well, ok then! I have a newfound respect for Worgas, if he can befriend a gauth. We could definitely use a gauth.

There is another man-jar in this room, but I just ignore it. I go to case the joint, like Imoen would. But this jar speaks!

I am... dying... or dead... I remember not which. Where is the master?

Who is the master that you speak of?

He was my friend, I think... cast out, and one of us no longer... I cannot remember... are you to take my place?

Who are you?

It is difficult to... to remember... I was Rielev... dead, I think.

I'm not sure that I understand what is going on here. Are you living or dead?

Neither, neither. I am... between... the master has forgotten me... not killed me.

What do you mean by forgotten? Why are you in this... jar?

I was a... faithful hound to the master. A friend, even. I was... dying... or dead, I cannot remember which. Truly you are a stranger to this place.

Eternal... life... was to be my reward for faithful service. The master has suspended me until he can cure me... return my youth to me...

I think of my Golden Company. I would do this for one of them, if it was necessary to save them. But why not just use a cleric?

He has forgotten you, then, hasn't he... But if you were a faithful servant, why?

I begin to understand. The master has left my side for study of another. He seeks to awaken power... a study of life and death, but I cannot bear the roll of years.

He has forgotten because he does not wish to remember... what was taken... I barely remember, myself.

Do you want me to give you a release from this non-death?

Release, yes... Master! I no longer wish to come back. Let me slip into the oblivion that has been denied me! Please!

Calmly, my friend. How is it that I can help?

This... unit that contains me is powered by cells, by crystals. Take them and I can sleep... die... again die at last.

I know you are prisoners. Some things do not change. You must escape this place and the master's experiments. There are others... like me but of more recent experiments...

They may know how the master exits the complex. Will you take these cells to revive them and learn what you can, in return for this path to freedom I have offered ye?

I will take the cells and revive the other servants. Have peace at last.

I thank ye... go and leave me to oblivion at last.

Nature does not intend her creations to live past their allotted time. Certainly not this forgotten servant, tormented and then left for dead, but not dead.

I wonder how this master came to live such a life that he abandons much of it? The fault of ill-considered magic, no doubt. We shall see when we find him.

Hey lady, don't blame the Weave. Never blame the Weave. The Weave is innocent!

I am ready to take a look at the rest of this room, when Breagar speaks up.

I would like to try something once we find a suitable forge. Maybe we manage to transform the destructive technology of our jailer into something good.

I take a closer look at the energy cells.

Sure, I guess so Breagar. Why not?

On the table I also find the activation stone for the golem.

But before I go talk to the golem again, I want to talk to the jar-people in the jar-room.

I did not mean to go into the Mistress' room! I knew it was dangerous, so very dangerous, in there! I was not trying to steal anything, truly!

I was not trying to steal anything of the Mistress! I would never do that, I am faithful to you always! Why am I here, Master? What has happened to me?

You do not hear me, do you? How very sad what has been done to you.

Was I hurt in the Mistress' room, Master? I can remember nothing. Is the Mistress' oom truly so deadly? I am sorry, so sorry. I will never do it again, Master. Please save me! Please!

Some of the other jars in here also seem to hold non-dead things. I go talk to one by the far wall.

Hey! Are you talking about me, you jarred bastard?

No, Master. I have not had the golem open the cells. He has no key.

I beg your forgiveness, Master, but did you not leave the cell key at the table in the jailor's room?

Thank you, Master. I shall return to the prison.

This "master" seems a tad forgetful. I guess one gets that way when one has minions. I wonder when I will get some minions?

I think about possible minion styles as I go to the back of the room.

It is burning me! My skin is afire with the crawling of ants! Oh, please, Master, save me! I am not like your djinni to be coiled within a bottle for, for, ahhh!!

What is burning you, friend? And who is this djinni that you speak of?

Please, Master! The ants! Does your djinni have nothing of yours that may aid me? Ahhhh! I, I will take the statue and speak to him, myself, if you will but let me!

Where can I find this statue? And who is this djinni?

Please give me the statue, Master! Aaah, the pain crawls along my skin! Aid me, Master! The djinni must have magic, must have something! Oh please, the pain! Aaaaah!

Your long anguish has driven you mad, I see. I wish there was something I could do.

Aaaah! The burning!!

It is monstrous that one would do such a thing to a servant, to lock him away in an eternity of pain. It offends nature.

Nature ain't the only thing offended here. I'm feeling a bit queasy myself.

There is one more bottle with something like life within it.

I have called out so many, many times to thee. Master! Master! Why hast thou forsaken me? Why hast thou left me in this bottle to wither? Why?

Who is this Master of yours? Why did he do this to you?

Master, thou didst place me here out of kindness, but thou hast forgotten me! Have I simply slipped from thy thoughts? Master, please hear me!

This Master has left you imprisoned in a bottle? What manner of person would do such a thing?

Thou couldst not cure what was done, but surely thy magicks have increased, Master! Thou didst care for me once let me help in thy search... do not forget me here forever! Pleeaaaase!

You cannot hear me, I see, and I have heard enough.

Why, Master? I long only to hear thy words once more. Why? Whyyyy?

This is getting a little repetitive. Was my fate to be locked in one of these jars, too, cursing a jailor whose name I did not know for all eternity? I'm really glad Imoen was able to get me out.

Speaking of getting out...

I bow before your will, master.

I freakin' LOVE golems! This one begins to run out the door.

We must chase it! Quick, my friends, after that golem!

It runs down the hallway towards the crystal room...

runs past the toilet ...

and opens the door at the end of the hall! Sweet!

That little bugger was fast, too. I'm glad I have these Boots of the Fox, or I wouldn't have been able to keep up with him.

The golem also opens the door to the northwest. Nice.

I feel the brush of many leaves on my face, which causes me to be cautious.

Gameplay note: This fight resulted in I don't even know how many party wipes.

Death is in this room. Death for us all. We must attack quickly and in melee. I can feel it.

I decide to split our forces. One melee, one ranged, and one spellcaster goes to each hallway leading into this cavern.

Then we all drink potions and attack!

The greater otyugh is down fast in the face of Wulfgar's barbarian rage. But his carcass spreads flies to all of us.

Gameplay note: If I hadn't have taken that thing out fast enough, it would have summoned a gauth that would have machine gunned the party to death in about 2 rounds.

The last of the beasts fall, and Worgas begins talking about pretties again.

Speak your mind, Worgas.

Mmmm my pretties.... Jaheira.

Yes?

Mmmm my pretties.

I will not tolerate this waste of time! Let's get moving, we have much to do.

Yiaaaaii!!

I don't get it.

On the corpse of the greater otyugh, there is a strange key-like object.

There are also two scrolls of Neutralize Poison. In the room, after Minsc has ripped the locks off, we find some more bolts for Jaheira, a few potions, and a splint mail for Wulfgar.

On the far side of the room, there's a door leading to a hallway with duergar in it!

They are no threat for our battle-hardened crew. After we kill them, we follow the hallway to the end, with a door.

I am about to send someone to scout, when Worgas starts talking to his floating eye.

(One of Zarix's many wizard eyes pops out and Worgas smiles with delight.)

An eyeball, roughly reminiscent of a wizard eye, pops out of the gauth.

But because the entire complex had been revealed to me previously via a wild surge, he doesn't find anything that I don't already know about.

Breagar goes into the room ahead of us, and feels unsafe.

He reaches for a shelf, and is hit with a spike trap!

But between him and Minsc, we get the room looted.

He had my Stone of Recall! It's right here again!

Also in the room is the Wand of Lightning key, the Cloak of Balduran, and a scroll of Burning Hands, which I give to Worgas.

We take the door to the right, and I see true beauty.

Yes, help us!

Free us!

Slow down! Who are you and what is going on here?

We are his possessions.

His servants.

His concubines. Please help us to escape!

Wow. These are some real hotties.

How can I help you?

If you can escape, you must take our acorns to the Queen. Tell her of our plight in this creature's lair.

Then take them to the Fairy Queen who lives in the south end of the Windspear Hills. This will be our deliverance from this... this Irenicus and his dungeon!

Irenicus? There is a special place in my bootprint for him, and I shall fill it in the name of Dynaheir!! Such evil to keep forest spirits locked away!

So... I see we have a name for our captor at last. Irenicus, is it? Tell me, dryads, why this Irenicus would go to such lengths to keep you three here.

We are supposed to instill emotion, but he is barren inside. I am not sure what he expects.

You can foil his plans for us at least. If you take the acorns to the Fairy Queen then she can regrow our trees and free us!

Why do you not simply leave? You do not seem to be chained or caged as I was.

We cannot leave our trees!

If we are separated from our trees, we will die.

Alright, how can I help you?

Our trees will die, too!

I will be happy to help you in that case.

Thank you! You must atke the acorns and deliver them to the Fairy Quen in the south end of the Windspear Hills.

But he has taken the acorns. He knows of our plans. It amuses him.

He has left our acorns with Ilych. Ilych is mean!

Then I suppose I shall have to obtain your acorns from this Ilych fellow. Who is he and where can he be found?

Ilych is the clan chief of the master's duergar slaves. He is somewhere within the dungeon. Return to us when you have the acorns and we will tell you how to escape.

I can't help but admire the huge tree that the ladies sit beside.

And beyond that, there is a beautifully ornate room. The previous room was dangerous, so this one probably is too.

When in doubt, send in the dwarves, right? Heh. But before I can move, Worgas rushes in in front of me.

May your choices be wise and pure, and thus shall I stand by your side.

I stare, open-mouthed. I thought he was... I thought they had to... what?!?

I thought... I thought Worgas was human!!

MY BROTHER, MY DEAR BROTHER!

Gameplay note: Ok, lets end it there. This update has gone on long enough, and doing that otyugh fight was a time-sink pain in the rear end. Over a dozen times I tried that fight, and over a dozen times a summoned gauth just ripped my party to shreds. It was brutal.

We have something to vote on this update too! It's an unexpected cool thing! Do we want to steal one of Irenicus's golems? Please vote yes or no. And also, no matter if you vote yes or no, please vote for who among the party should be replaced by the golem, if it is indeed added.

Vorgen fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jul 14, 2015

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

It is imperative that Syv gets a golem. Jaheira can be missed. Also thats not how moonblades work. I'm angry, angry about moonblades.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Who decided that Greater Otyughs can summon Gauths? Not even Weimer went that far with Improved Ilyich, and he was deliberately taking the piss with that one.

Also, keep the Golem, that could be cool.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

GOLEM TIME we should get rid of that filthy Moonblade thief Worgas. How dares he, that Moonblade should have been Syv's!

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
Speaking of improved Ilyich, is that fight part of this install?

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
No golem. There are so many NPCs here (there are still at least two more waiting ahead), and there will be more golems waiting to be bribed later.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Besides you already tripped their hostile trigger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Get rid of Jaheira for Golem

• Locked thread