Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

The best part of that scene was how totally over that poo poo TJ was. You could tell he was thinking "I agreed to be on this dumb show because it's good for your career, but this right here is the line, and you crossed it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So wait, is this show kayfabe or is it a shoot or is it some kind of weird-rear end worked-shoot thing?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Baby Babbeh posted:

The best part of that scene was how totally over that poo poo TJ was. You could tell he was thinking "I agreed to be on this dumb show because it's good for your career, but this right here is the line, and you crossed it."

I like to think that he was making a stand for consent because he didn't want that lovely dominatrix to violate one of the biggest BDSM rules.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

LORD OF BUTT posted:

So wait, is this show kayfabe or is it a shoot or is it some kind of weird-rear end worked-shoot thing?

all three

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So it's a worked shoot, basically.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

Total Divas seems to exist in a weird gray area. It mostly keeps kayfabe, but there are a lot of worked shoot moments as well as genuine shoot moments like (I'm assuming) TJ getting pissed off and storming out. It's also gotten more scripted as the series has gone on, or at least it feels that way.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Total Divas is simultaneously a worked shoot and a shoot work. It is all things at once and the only truth lies within Fandango's leering eyes.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Baby Babbeh posted:

Total Divas seems to exist in a weird gray area. It mostly keeps kayfabe, but there are a lot of worked shoot moments as well as genuine shoot moments like (I'm assuming) TJ getting pissed off and storming out. It's also gotten more scripted as the series has gone on, or at least it feels that way.

It is obviously a work I mean we all know WWE make hosed up decisions but Eva as Divas champ? The amount of boo's she got when she tried and failed to cut a promo on NXT has ended any chance of that happening surely.

I just like watching Total Diva's because I genuinely think its funny and entertaining ...except when Eva, Camron or that Rosa is in it. Looking forward for when they start getting the NXT girls in it, I'm hoping Sasha really is a Salor Moon fanatic

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I like to think that he was making a stand for consent because he didn't want that lovely dominatrix to violate one of the biggest BDSM rules.

Total Divas promotes ABUSE and is not a real representation of BDSM. Did you also know that Total Divas started off as Twilight fan fiction?

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

VoLaTiLe posted:

It is obviously a work I mean we all know WWE make hosed up decisions but Eva as Divas champ? The amount of boo's she got when she tried and failed to cut a promo on NXT has ended any chance of that happening surely.

I just like watching Total Diva's because I genuinely think its funny and entertaining ...except when Eva, Camron or that Rosa is in it. Looking forward for when they start getting the NXT girls in it, I'm hoping Sasha really is a Salor Moon fanatic

I think you're underestimating how stupid this company is.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

VoLaTiLe posted:

Nikki basically cut a promo on Eva saying that she was never going to get her title. If you can't see that they're trying to set up a narrative of Eva wanting to get better, everybody making GBS threads on her for it and ultimately proving all her detractors wrong by climbing the mountain...I don't know what to tell you.

Nothing says babyface in the reality era like stopping Nikki before she breaks AJ's streak and doing a couple flippy moves.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Call Me Charlie posted:

Nothing says babyface in the reality era like stopping Nikki the day after she breaks AJ's streak and doing a couple flippy moves.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Tyson Kidd is my favourite and I'm really happy he isn't paralyzed or dead

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Blazed Kendrick with the wisdom.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Shut this show down. Daniel Bryan just uttered the best line it will ever produce.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

This show should have a PiP of Emma's reactions.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Jimmy that was not a smart thing to say

E: the bit with Paige meeting her fan was sweet, though probably staged.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jul 15, 2015

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

Blazed Kendrick with the wisdom.

https://youtu.be/uAT8ZxWa2xc

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Naomi is the only adult on this show

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

flashy_mcflash posted:

Naomi is the only adult on this show

rip Sandra.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I have to say that I loved an entirely-offscreen Ric Flair being the literal incarnation of the devil.

"Come on Neidhart, one drink at the bar...Just one little drink..."

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

Blasmeister posted:

E: the bit with Paige meeting her fan was sweet, though probably staged.

I thought that was pretty touching right up until it cut to Paige going "that girl's story totally works in the context of my plot in this episode of Total Divas, yay that girl's struggle helped me complete this plot arch on this reality tv show", which was pretty disappointing.

also:

"Finn Bálor posted:

My big debut on #TotalDivas

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I love Brian Kendrick, so glad this show has brought him back into my life

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Brian Kendrick should just show up at random diva brunches and give Obi Wan-esque advice.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Eva Marie and her husband are the exact type of people who take inspirational Instagram quotes to heart. I can't wait until she burns out on wrestling and gives up.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
lol WWE throwing shade at AJ

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Daniel Bryan is super fertile.

I can't wait to see if Brie gets pregnant!

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

As long as Brie Bella despises Eva Marie I will be loyal to the red nation #allredeverything

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Eva's husband is so obnoxious he actually makes Eva seem tolerable.

Also this show needs more of Daniel Bryan laughing at Brie Bella getting things wrong.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
"I put my name on the SAT's incorrectly and lost, like, a 100 points. My mom was SO mad" - Brie Bella, future mother.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I can't decide if her calling it "bobwire" or referring to the pastry as "beg-nets" is funnier.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Dead Snoopy posted:

"I put my name on the SAT's incorrectly and lost, like, a 100 points. My mom was SO mad" - Brie Bella, future mother.

That's not how the SATs work...

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

dromal phrenia posted:

As long as Brie Bella despises Eva Marie I will be loyal to the red nation #allredeverything

When Bob Katt uses that hashtag it's for something different altogether.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Riding in Cars with Wrestlers is the best segment this show has ever done.

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

Charles Gnarwin posted:

This needs to be a WWE Network show.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Total Divas should just be Bryan throwing sick burns at Nikki all day every day

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Daniel Bryan has a barn in his backyard. Because of course he does.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Total Divas is the best.

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

Charles Gnarwin posted:

The concept has always fascinated me since learning Juventud Guerrera and Cowboy Bob Orton used to travel together. I presume they didn't need petrol in their car, it just ran on the steam coming from their ears.

Other pairings have included: Tony Atlas having to accompany Mark Henry to prevent him eating so much. Daniel Bryan being put with Ryback because Ryback is some sort of giant muscle baby and needs looking after. Great Khali being driven around in a specially fit car by Natalya and Tyson Kidd, with Hornswoggle thrown in the back. That last one became a tv storyline!

I want to be the fourth man in that Slater, Rose and O'Neill wagon.

edit: and another one I got from (of all places) WWE Magazine. When The Legacy formed, they had to travel with Orton. Randy noticed Cody had bought a Haliburton to keep his gear in, so Randy takes it and says 'this is what you do with a Haliburton' and threw it across a car park real hard, like a bowling ball, it hitting the ground and sparks flying everywhere from the metal.

Randy and bags :allears:

Padje fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Jul 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Am I the only one who saw Dolph walking around in his ring gear eating what looked like a full size bag of potato chips?

• Locked thread