Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
5 minutes into season 3 and its already amazing.

Yeap this is gonna be good.

.Clash fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jul 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

.Clash posted:

5 minutes into season 3 and its already amazing.

I can corroborate this and recommend that everyone does their best to go in fresh. The opening scene is pretty great.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
The villain of Symphogear GX is apparently nature.

gently caress those rocks and trees.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

vibratingsheep posted:

The villain of Symphogear GX is apparently nature.

gently caress those rocks and trees.

gently caress K2

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I'm so glad this is back, episode 1 was really great.

DiabloCthulhu
Mar 23, 2013
Man, those first 5 minutes sure was a thing. And it was beautiful and wonderful thing.

The rest of the episode was pretty great too.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Oh god, should I just watch subless then come back for subs later?

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
You really don't need subs at any point in this episode, so yeah.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

A good first episode. Always forget how much i love this dumb as gently caress show and then the next season pops up and reminds me again

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
that ending theme though

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Yep, that sure was an episode of Symphogear. This show is just great. Hibiki's quest to punch everything continues.

But a concert in the first episode not being under attack until afterwards? That's new. :v:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Some streaming service really needs to pick up this and the second season so I can watch them.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

CR picked up GX but the way they phrased it makes it sound like they won't be simulcasting so you'll be waiting a few months

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Even though they explained it, it's kind of weird for Maria to be giving concerts after G. I'd definitely be first in line to buy tickets to the revival concert of "Crazy Terrorist Lady Whose Last Concert Ended With The Entire Audience Being Held Hostage By Noise". :v:

Episode was definitely Symphogear.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jul 5, 2015

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Kanos posted:

I'm glad that everyone is fine with members of a terrorist organization that held a stadium full of people hostage and openly threatened every government in the world just kind of wandering around and giving concerts. I'd definitely be first in line to buy tickets to the revival concert of "Crazy Terrorist Lady Whose Last Concert Ended With The Entire Audience Being Held Hostage By Noise". :v:

Episode was definitely Symphogear.

Sweet publicity stunt

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

lets hang out posted:

Sweet publicity stunt

You know, in Symphogearworld it probably is, come to think of it. Nobody felt too bothered by going to Tsubasa's concerts despite the concert where Kanade died killing most of the audience.

Adrenaline is all part of the idol experience!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

lets hang out posted:

CR picked up GX but the way they phrased it makes it sound like they won't be simulcasting so you'll be waiting a few months
Source for this:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/07/04-1/crunchyroll-to-stream-gatchaman-crowds-insight-anime-and-more

I'm seriously itching to go ahead and watch the first episode but I promised I'd watch at the same time as one of my buddies. I'm ridiculously hype right now.

Edit, just watched, jesus christ I wept at that intro. That was one heck of a hyperconcentrated Symphogear experience.

graybook fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jul 5, 2015

DiabloCthulhu
Mar 23, 2013
Perfectly sums up the whole thing.

DiabloCthulhu fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jul 5, 2015

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Info for the inevitable concert is out. And it's a freaking 2-day series in the Budokan.

http://www.symphogear-gx.com/live2016/

This is gonna be expensive. And probably worth it.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
The first 5 minutes is peak Symphogear, and the season has just started. What.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Kylra posted:

The first 5 minutes is peak Symphogear, and the season has just started. What.

Let's start with an earthquake and build up to a climax! Samuel Goldwyn would be proud.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Well, that was certainly a first episode. I need more. My hype level may even be matched by the show.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

:siren: banana noise :siren:

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

I really want every episode to end with someone shouting SYMPHOGEEEEEEARRRRR

e: Capoeira escape!

vibratingsheep fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jul 11, 2015

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Autoscorer people are very obviously minor Arcana themed. Green one has a sword, yellow one throws coins, allegedly red uses a rod (wand as you could call it), blue...uh, isn't directly using anything but it seems she does stuff by being all kissy and seductive and I guess cup fits that theme for one interpretation of it

also we have our explanation for why genjurou does not in fact punch the world to save the day: 'but the command central would be clueless without you!!!' also i guess they're bringing the noise back somehow

DiabloCthulhu
Mar 23, 2013

Gyra_Solune posted:

Autoscorer people are very obviously minor Arcana themed.
Yep. As I said earlier in the thread

DiabloCthulhu posted:

Another fun fact: apparently the surnames of the dolls are from the 4 suits of Mamluk playing cards (polo sticks, coins, cups and swords).

vibratingsheep posted:

I really want every episode to end with someone shouting SYMPHOGEEEEEEARRRRR
Same. That shout was really amusing.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Gyra_Solune posted:

Autoscorer people are very obviously minor Arcana themed. Green one has a sword, yellow one throws coins, allegedly red uses a rod (wand as you could call it), blue...uh, isn't directly using anything but it seems she does stuff by being all kissy and seductive and I guess cup fits that theme for one interpretation of it

also we have our explanation for why genjurou does not in fact punch the world to save the day: 'but the command central would be clueless without you!!!' also i guess they're bringing the noise back somehow

Arcanoise, keeping with the theme, as was said.

Man I do wish Genjurou could get out and do more kung fu. :(

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

If he can't leave the bridge to do kung fu, there's only one solution: Bring the bridge with him when he does kung fu!

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

AfroSquirrel posted:

If he can't leave the bridge to do kung fu, there's only one solution: Bring the bridge with him when he does kung fu!

I'm totally down for him jumping in to save the day, the entire ship held in one aloft in one hand and only using one hand and his feet to fight, while balancing the ship in the other, all while shouting orders so loud they can hear them inside the ship. I am disappointed that "the noise are done", what, these noise? No, totally different thing - they just look and act almost totally identical.". gently caress you Satelight, that's a cheap poo poo move and you know it. If they wanted to disable Chris and Tsubasa's gears to take them out of action for a few episodes so the FIS girls would get a chance to shine, there's plenty of ways they could have come up with to do it using magic/alchemy without reusing the Noise to do so.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

No, you're thinking too small. This is the season they get new gears.

How many different songs are we up to now? 6? None have been repeated yet, and there's a new ending song.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

This season sure hit the ground running, I can see why they were talking about more being the second half of the last season, no set up here just swords, guns and suplexes.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Whoever voices the coins autoscorer needs to be in more things imo.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Why would they need to? The pendants that the girls use are, as far as I know, only parts of the overall structure of the relics that they found. Division 2 will just make some new pendants for them using the relics, combine them with whatever's in the box Elfnein is holding to make them immune to the same tactic in future and let them loose. It'll just take a few episodes to happen, given that at least one more episode will take place as Shirabe, Kirika and Maria protect Chris and Tsubasa while Hibiki battles to prevent loss of her own Symphogear against Carol or something and a few more to refine those new pendants during which the FIS girls will finally get the chance to shine since they'll have to act in place of the missing gears.

That's my assumption at least.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
This is already way better than any part of last season, imo. It feels like they're entirely embracing their toku show roots instead of having conflicted, tragic villains that were never really a threat. The new enemy grunts being Noise again is genius.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I'm pretty sure those are just the only remaining parts of the relics they have. Like they didn't whip out another Gungnir fragment to give to someone else, or have 5 Ichivals running around.

More likely we'd see a songs are magic and the artifacts were really in their hearts all long.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

UP AND ADAM posted:

This is already way better than any part of last season, imo. It feels like they're entirely embracing their toku show roots instead of having conflicted, tragic villains that were never really a threat. The new enemy grunts being Noise again is genius.

One thing that did annoy me in the episode was how screechy Hibiki continues to get when trying to get villains to listen to her. I wish she'd just realize that sometimes people don't want to listen or talk immediately and that it's probably easier to just beat them and then try talking to them. Or even just talk during battle. We've had the same thing three times now with Chris, Shirabe and now Carol and it's wearing a little thin that she gets so distressed about it each time.

Kylra posted:

I'm pretty sure those are just the only remaining parts of the relics they have. Like they didn't whip out another Gungnir fragment to give to someone else, or have 5 Ichivals running around.

More likely we'd see a songs are magic and the artifacts were really in their hearts all long.

Well for one thing finding compatible users is kind of hard. Even the FIS girls are only really properly compatible while hopped up on the Linker drug. If it was just a case of them being in their hearts all along I'd be pretty disappointed I imagine, since it's a pretty cheap cop out.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

tsob posted:

One thing that did annoy me in the episode was how screechy Hibiki continues to get when trying to get villains to listen to her. I wish she'd just realize that sometimes people don't want to listen or talk immediately and that it's probably easier to just beat them and then try talking to them. Or even just talk during battle. We've had the same thing three times now with Chris, Shirabe and now Carol and it's wearing a little thin that she gets so distressed about it each time.

Well for one thing finding compatible users is kind of hard. Even the FIS girls are only really properly compatible while hopped up on the Linker drug. If it was just a case of them being in their hearts all along I'd be pretty disappointed I imagine, since it's a pretty cheap cop out.
It's Symphogear, not high art. The first episode of this season contained a scene where one of them punched a hole in a mountain which hovered for a good 5+ seconds before falling, Wile E Coyote style. And it was awesome.

My main point regarding the artifacts is that it seems highly unlikely there are spare relic pieces just lying around, since that cheapens the rarity factor of the artifact pieces. It's either gonna be some kind of The Power Was In You All Along, or a Mid-Season Upgrade courtesy of the box Elfnein is carrying. Or both.

And it's probably going to be super awesome.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jul 12, 2015

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

They specifically do not have any full relics to make more symphogears from because intact relics are vanishingly rare. The only two full relics they ever had were Nehushtan and Durandal, which they really only even had due to direct manipulation from Fine. There's a reason why Hibiki was left transforming using little fragments of Gungnir buried in her torso that were killing her instead of being given a real relic for two seasons and why they were poo poo-their-pants shocked that Maria had a Gungnir because they legit believed that there was only enough left of Gungnir for one pendant which was lost when Kanade croaked.

tsob posted:

Hibiki does not ever like to fight human opponents and she's been very consistent about this, so it's not surprising that she doesn't want to punch a little girl in the face. What's actually eyeroll inducing is Hibiki randomly throwing a shitfit about her father despite apparently being cool with her dad being gone for two seasons to the point of casually saying "Oh, my dad's gone" multiple times before. It's never been a sore spot before but now it is.

I do appreciate them giving an excuse for Genjurou not winning the fight singlehandedly, even if it was a hilariously silly one. Maybe Genjurou needs to look into hiring a second in command.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Kanos posted:

They specifically do not have any full relics to make more symphogears from because intact relics are vanishingly rare. The only two full relics they ever had were Nehushtan and Durandal, which they really only even had due to direct manipulation from Fine.
And they didn't even have those fully intact until they were regenerated/awakened by song.

• Locked thread