Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not in the slightest bit interested in who somber wants to vote for today or the fact that merk has been on the lead vote for three days running without any real explanations or cases and I'm also Julie newmar and I bathe in lambs blood to keep young

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

MC Eating Disorder posted:

I'm not in the slightest bit interested in who somber wants to vote for today or the fact that merk has been on the lead vote for three days running without any real explanations or cases and I'm also Julie newmar and I bathe in lambs blood to keep young

you SON of a BITCH why are you such a PIECE of poo poo lying to these people, you're extremely interested in why somber isn't voting today (why isn't he voting vimes?) and you think merk is suss as hell and you absolutely do not have the figure or charisma to pass as Julie Newmar or the stomach to kill enough lambs to fill a bathtub with their blood get it the gently caress together man

##vote merk

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Oh, the guy making this post was jailed on n1. He was PMing DBD and saw that PM which seems relevant now.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

honestly i don't blame you, that's a tough rap to beat. i am a jailor, i shove people in the slammer. poppa must be cray cray, because i put him in jail night one. can you suckers dig that dramatic irony? i put Sam away last night.

Could've been a TT Redirect. Not sure why he'd lie.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Sure is quiet in Mayberrry today. Is anybody around? Andy? Aunt Bee? Gomer? Otis??

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Personally I think we should vote for the guy I got a guilty verdict on.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, this seems pretty clear cut. Death to Somber.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
07/09/2015

I had major computer problems today and things were getting too complicated to follow on my phone, so I didn't say much to the group. Its in the process of being fixed.

I don't think a scum jailer makes much sense, and it seems we do have a jailer. I do think it makes sense that Opop would be a second cop, and that he could be insane, so I'm more inclined to go the other direction and vote for his innocent. But this is just based on my memory, I want a chance to re-read and get a handle on all the claims as one.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
OK OK OK OK OK OK OK

##vote Asiina

LET US DO THIS THING

LET US TAKE THIS UPON OURSELVES

RISE UP AGAINST THE ASHES OF THIS DYING GAME AND STEAL THE LURKING lovely SCUM VICTORY FROM THE DEPTHS

THE TOWN CAN DO THIS

THIS IS SOMETHING THAT CAN HAPPEN

FRIENDS, FELLOWS, COUNTRYMEN, GENTLEMEN, LEND ME YOUR VOTES

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
HAVE YOU NEVER HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO TRUST MERK WITH YOUR *LIFE*?

THIS IS THAT CHANCE

ASIINA IS THE SCUM

THIS IS A GUT READ

MAKE THE MOVE

PUT THE VOTE DOWN

TOGETHER THIS TOWN CAN ACHIEVE SOMETHING GREATER THAN ITSELF

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Thank you MERK.

You are a KING.

May I touch your CROWN?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Nah.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

So either Stumbler or Ash are scum based on whether or not our policeman is a lunatic, huh?

Stumbler has confirmed that he is a jailor by claiming he jailed me last night when I was in fact jailed, but it's still possible that he's a scum jailor.

Ash, can you give a claim? If not, then I will have to vote for you to be reduced to just that, ash.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

SirSamVimes posted:

So either Stumbler or Ash are scum based on whether or not our policeman is a lunatic, huh?

Stumbler has confirmed that he is a jailor by claiming he jailed me last night when I was in fact jailed, but it's still possible that he's a scum jailor.

Ash, can you give a claim? If not, then I will have to vote for you to be reduced to just that, ash.

Solid town post by vimes right here

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Solid town post by vimes right here

GODDAMNIT you KNOW that's a garbage post mc_ed get your poo poo together IDIOT

##vote vimes

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I fail to see why the post is garbage. One of the two has to be either town or 3P, and we have a claim from one. Why does wanting to hear the other's claim bring the fire down upon me?

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

SirSamVimes posted:

I fail to see why the post is garbage. One of the two has to be either town or 3P, and we have a claim from one. Why does wanting to hear the other's claim bring the fire down upon me?

It's absolutely cool and good for town to give an ultimatum to a player to claim or you'll lynch them IMO

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

It's absolutely cool and good for town to give an ultimatum to a player to claim or you'll lynch them IMO

godDAMNIT man that's just straight up bullshit please stop lying to cover up your crippling inadequacies as a human being

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Somberbrero (3): Opopanax, EXAKT Science, Asiina, merk, merk
Asiina (2): jon joe, merk
SirSamVimes (1): MC Eating Disorder
merk (0): MC Eating Disorder, MC Eating Disorder

Not Voting (3): Mornacale, SirSamVimes, Somberbrero

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 11th, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 19 hours.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

OK OK OK OK OK OK OK

##vote Asiina

LET US DO THIS THING

LET US TAKE THIS UPON OURSELVES

RISE UP AGAINST THE ASHES OF THIS DYING GAME AND STEAL THE LURKING lovely SCUM VICTORY FROM THE DEPTHS

THE TOWN CAN DO THIS

THIS IS SOMETHING THAT CAN HAPPEN

FRIENDS, FELLOWS, COUNTRYMEN, GENTLEMEN, LEND ME YOUR VOTES

very Tennyson, man. I can dig it. ##vote Asiina

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, that's extremely stupid. We have a claimed second cop with a guilty result and an innocent result, and you're going to vote for the person who has the innocent result on them because the cop might be insane?

The devil has taken hold of you all.

And no, I'm not goddamn claiming, that's dumb. Saying that if I don't claim then you'll be "forced" to vote for me is scummy.

Somber first cause he's definitely either scum or 3P but then I'm definitely looking hard at Vimes.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yo Asiina, maybe share this jazz cigarette with me and let's talk how 'but then I'm definitely looking hard at x' is a scummy thing to say. Vimes was jailed, we know that he at least didn't perform the kill.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If somber flips we can be almost entirely sure I'm insane. If Asiina flips town it could be any number of different things. Somber gives us better information and better sets us up for the future, and reduces confusion. And boy do I know a thing or two about confusion

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Opopanax posted:

If somber flips we can be almost entirely sure I'm insane. If Asiina flips town it could be any number of different things. Somber gives us better information and better sets us up for the future, and reduces confusion. And boy do I know a thing or two about confusion

Big Poppa, if I flip town you gonna die like the American dream because you'll have outlived your usefulness to the scum team. Either Hal or a driver is probably to blame for this.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

As I said earlier, Hal barely reacted when I claimed results on you, I don't honk he had anything to do with it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

Yo Asiina, maybe share this jazz cigarette with me and let's talk how 'but then I'm definitely looking hard at x' is a scummy thing to say. Vimes was jailed, we know that he at least didn't perform the kill.

So? How does that make him town? Trying to both rolefish and act like he has no choice but to vote for the person with the innocent result in the same post is scummy as hell. The only reason I'm not voting for him today is that I know you aren't town cause my result was correct. The only alternative is that Opop is insane and Hal busdrove me and a scum the night he died, and I'm not banking on that.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
well do what you gotta do but i'm town.

hey yo check it
I'm Nurse Ratchet
Laying all my cards out
Before I take a hatchet
Can't imagine that ole DBD
Didn't put in another like me so
STOP
collaborate and listen
don't wax a fool cuz of how they were christened
nurse, staff, patient, it's all the same
axe another chump like me and that's game!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

You know, I think we really oughta trust Andy's result here. Either he's found a no-good criminal, or he's gone off his rocker and we still have a useful result. Either way, it's the first solid piece of night information we've gotten so far and I think we should use it.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Somberbrero posted:

well do what you gotta do but i'm town.

hey yo check it
I'm Nurse Ratchet
Laying all my cards out
Before I take a hatchet
Can't imagine that ole DBD
Didn't put in another like me so
STOP
collaborate and listen
don't wax a fool cuz of how they were christened
nurse, staff, patient, it's all the same
axe another chump like me and that's game!

This is a bad rap and I believe you are town ##vote somber

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

STUPID.

IDIOT.

You meant to say SCUM.

God drat.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DAMNIT mced that rap was DOPE and you don't really believe he's town you IDIOT

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Yo JJ I do not give one sweet fig about why you or anyone else thinks asiina is a better lunch than somber today, I don't think you should explain that in more detail at all

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Yo JJ I do not give one sweet fig about why you or anyone else thinks asiina is a better lunch than somber today, I don't think you should explain that in more detail at all

DICKHEAD why are you so full of poo poo DAMNIT man

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

I have tried to EXPLAIN.

I understand it is HARD.

To understand what I SEE.

When I even I'm not SURE.

But please LOOK:

Asiina is EMPTY.

It is clear as SHE.

If she were FULL;

She would be like SOMBER.

Who is FULL.

It's not just about INVESTIGATION.

But MATTER.

And what Asiina SAYS.

Doesn't MATTER.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
07/10/2015
(= 5+2/5*2/500*2*2+5*(2+2/2))

I re-read the thread, over and over, trying to find the right answer to the dilemma, Asiina or Somber, Asiina or Somber, which 1 of 2 is 1 of 3.5. But I couldn't stop feeling distracted by 1 thing, specifically post 447567382 (=46=10=1, 1 of 3.5???):

SirSamVimes posted:

I didn't like feeling trapped, forced into a set of cardinality 2, and I didn't like Sam trying to emphasize this. I didn't like him trying to force a roleclaim, either, even from the member of the set that I'm more suspicious of. I would vote for Asiina over Somber, I would still vote EXAKT who I still don't think has contributed anything, but what I really want to do is ##vote SirSamVimes.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I just feel that lynching when we don't know what both sides claim to be is a self-destructive act.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

SirSamVimes posted:

I just feel that lynching when we don't know what both sides claim to be is a self-destructive act.

Dearest Sam,

If you actually think Asiina is a scum, then why would you trust her claim? Alternately stated: if Asiina has a verifiable town claim, then she will surely give it when needed; your focus on getting her to claim rather than actually thinking she's scum makes me think you are scum.

Love,
Mornacale

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I still don't see how I'm a better choice than Somber, who has a guilty cop result on him and has claimed to be Nurse Ratchet. JJ has been saying nothing but that I'm "empty" and merk only has a gut read, so how is this more compelling reasoning?

Because Somber has claimed Jailer and Vimes said he was jailed? He could have just been roleblocked instead of jailed. That's not compelling evidence of Somber's innocence.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Somberbrero (4): Opopanax, EXAKT Science, Asiina, merk, merk, MC Eating Disorder
Asiina (3): jon joe, merk, Somberbrero
SirSamVimes (1): MC Eating Disorder, MC Eating Disorder, Mornacale
merk (0): MC Eating Disorder, MC Eating Disorder

Not Voting (1): SirSamVimes

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 11th, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 9 hours, 23 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I was specifically told I've been jailed. I'm going to go with the person who has not presented a convincing claim. At this point the only thing that makes me unsure about Stumbler is the fact that he is adamant in claiming a staff role despite the fact that staff are scum in this game.

##vote Ash

• Locked thread