Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Keeper Garrett posted:

Yep! I tried it because I was already getting a little tired of that particular game. Sure enough after 2 days or so, game over.

However I force closed CK2 and reloaded it, not only could I play, but it hadn't saved since I'd lost my 25 year old dynamo Prince Mayor to Pneumonia. Here's hoping he gets to the lemon tea this time.

By the way, if you lose an election now and the AI takes over, they will move the capital to Paris, and if you're still a merchant patrician at that point, it's game over for you in that situation too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

This is the Steppe Wolf we've always dreamed of

But when do we get our magic carpet ride?

Keeper Garrett
May 4, 2006

Running messages and picking pockets since 1998.

Reveilled posted:

By the way, if you lose an election now and the AI takes over, they will move the capital to Paris, and if you're still a merchant patrician at that point, it's game over for you in that situation too.

Yikes. Maybe it is time to give away France...

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

Angry Salami posted:

Haha, those crazy Mongols! No civilized people would make 'raised by wolves' a key part of their founding myth! :agesilaus:

Nah. All cultures and ancient dynasties had dumb founding myths. Just in Steppe culture it was pretty much always "I'm 1/16th wolf". Given how large the steppe is, and the span of time between all the different dynasties that came up with it it's kinda weird.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Schizotek posted:

Given how large the steppe is, and the span of time between all the different dynasties that came up with it it's kinda weird.
What other predators can you run into in the steppe?

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

Bears, birds, and uhh....grass.

e: But seriously there's some freaky big Eagles out there.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Schizotek posted:

Nah. All cultures and ancient dynasties had dumb founding myths. Just in Steppe culture it was pretty much always "I'm 1/16th wolf". Given how large the steppe is, and the span of time between all the different dynasties that came up with it it's kinda weird.

:thejoke:

he was talking about Rome :ssh:

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

And Schizotek was saying the steppe usage of that myth was distinctive because it was so common and widespread particularly for such a large area and time period. Like imagine if all across the Mediterranean and Western Europe, people continually used the 'City founder nursed by a wolf myth' from 200 BC to 800ish AD. That's the scale we're talking about with the steppe usage of wolf myths.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
minor title menu yessssss

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

It's time to remove the :thejoke: smilie. Long apparent that we cannot use it properly.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
I am buttmad.

Buttmad about commanders.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

verbal enema posted:

minor title menu yessssss

How the hell is Yabgu a minor title?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Strudel Man posted:

It's time to remove the :thejoke: smilie. Long apparent that we cannot use it properly.

People get really butthurt about that smilie. :confused:

AdjectiveNoun posted:

And Schizotek was saying the steppe usage of that myth was distinctive because it was so common and widespread particularly for such a large area and time period. Like imagine if all across the Mediterranean and Western Europe, people continually used the 'City founder nursed by a wolf myth' from 200 BC to 800ish AD. That's the scale we're talking about with the steppe usage of wolf myths.

So what? It sounds like a cool trait.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
No one said it wasn't a cool trait. Just that it was interesting that it was so common across the area.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Just because it's a trait doesn't mean everyone will have it.

In fact, has anyone ever gotten the Reincarnation trait before?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Is it possible to mod in nicknames that are only available for characters within a certain dynasty?

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

Funky Valentine posted:

Is it possible to mod in nicknames that are only available for characters within a certain dynasty?

I think so. At any rate, the Game of Thrones mod has a way of assigning them for most dynasties in the game. Starks are wolf-themed, Targs are dragon-themed, etc.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

It's a valid condition to check for. Do you want it to just be a thing that can happen, or have it be triggered by an event? Either way, a simple 'dynasty = [ID]' check in the appropriate spot ought to do it, like
code:
nick_the_clown_car_maker = {
	allow = {
		num_of_children = 10
		dynasty = 25061 # Karling
	}
	chance = {
		factor = 1
	}
}

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

There is now a CK2 MP thread.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

quote:

wolfe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1yYHVTdViA

mornhaven
Sep 10, 2011
It would be cool if you could stack nicknames instead of having them replace each other.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

mornhaven posted:

It would be cool if you could stack nicknames instead of having them replace each other.
James the Great Lecher.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Charles the Fat the Hammer.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Edward the Holy Devil
Richard the Lionheart Lion
William the Terrible Rash

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Erwin the Magnificent Bastard?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Good

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Groogy posted:

It will in a patch or two.... maybe

A successful duel against an abductor of your kin should rescue her, too.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Karl The Holy Godslayer

alcaras
Oct 3, 2013

noli timere
Created a Custom Empire.

It started as "Absolute Cognatic Gavelkind" despite all my Kingdom titles being Absolute Cognative Elective Monarchy.

Why? How do I make it start as the same time as all my kingdom titles? I have a save right before creating the empire, because I was paranoid (apparently with good reason?)

8000 Prestige was a huge pain, and the Empress is in her early 70s, so waiting 10 years to be able to change the Crown Law...

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Charles the Fat rear end in a top hat Who Eats Too Much And Should Shut Up

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Eric the Mauve posted:

Erwin the Magnificent Bastard?

Not "the Inglorious Bastard", 2/10.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

alcaras posted:

Created a Custom Empire.

It started as "Absolute Cognatic Gavelkind" despite all my Kingdom titles being Absolute Cognative Elective Monarchy.

Why? How do I make it start as the same time as all my kingdom titles? I have a save right before creating the empire, because I was paranoid (apparently with good reason?)

8000 Prestige was a huge pain, and the Empress is in her early 70s, so waiting 10 years to be able to change the Crown Law...

It should have inherited the succession law of whatever your primary kingdom title was beforehand, but maybe there's some other factor confusing it? Are you an unreformed pagan and somehow got your Kingdom titles as elective anyway?

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Jedit posted:

Not "the Inglorious Bastard", 2/10.

Erwin the Just Lame.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Groogy posted:

Its the "Abduction" modifier and I think its -50 opinion and every single family member also hates your guts.

Actually, do friends care about their friends being abducted/murdered etc? It seems like they should but now that I think about it I don't know if I've ever seen it happen.

Of course, friends are pretty rare, so maybe it has and I just didn't notice.

alcaras
Oct 3, 2013

noli timere

The Cheshire Cat posted:

It should have inherited the succession law of whatever your primary kingdom title was beforehand, but maybe there's some other factor confusing it? Are you an unreformed pagan and somehow got your Kingdom titles as elective anyway?

Maybe because my primary kingdom title was also a created Kingdom? Not sure. I'll futz around with changing my primary kingdom and see what happens.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Monopthalmus posted:

Just a heads up: it looks like Arumba (and others, I presume) have their review copies and have begun streaming Horse Lords. Check it if you want to see it in action.

Anybody besides Arumba? He's the only one I can see so far.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

alcaras posted:

Maybe because my primary kingdom title was also a created Kingdom? Not sure. I'll futz around with changing my primary kingdom and see what happens.

Might have something to do with you using Elective; since you've got no de jure vassals in your custom empire, is it preventing you from creating a title which has no electors?

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
If there's anyone else on youtube with beta footage, please link in the thread. Arumba's forgotten how to play CK2 but he still thinks he's great at it so he's making constant mistakes and blaming them all on the game or the developers. It's infuriating.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Kailvin also seems to be playing it, but I find him as equally annoying as Arumba.

You may enjoy it however:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ947-3hbIM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paranoid Dude
Jul 6, 2014
Holy wow, I just started playing the After the End Mod, and it's absolutely perfect.

Except for the fact that some characters have an invisible-man thing going on, but absolutely perfect in every other aspect!

• Locked thread