Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

TheFonz posted:

Welp, JIMBO is dead. Looks like it's time for new clan.

Who's hiring?

I think the last campaign killed about 30% of the clans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

DonkeyHotay posted:

trying to keep a >60% while solo-ing is a fun challenge and also it would be interesting to see the stat stratification if everybody had to do it

I'm already shedding points off my WR after about a year and a half of playing without my regular platoonmates. I'm plateauing in everything else though. Of course, missions aren't loving helping, because I'm being forced to play the poo poo out of classes I suck dick at (everything that isn't mediums, but especially lights and arty). I suspect once I'm done with the missions, I might be able to hold steady again.

DonkeyHotay posted:

this is 100% false btw

It depends on your platoonmates, once you reach a certain point the three of you are putting out so much damage that inevitably one of you is losing out a bit. I'm not good enough for that to be a thing though.

Nordick posted:

Today I attacked a Tiger at 1100 HP with my Luchs. First I dumped a couple mags into him while circling him, and then ammo racked him from like ~700 hp. :gizz:

German tanks in general, and the Tiger in particular, are highly allergic to autoloaders or autocannons of any sort and will habitually go boom when shot at by such. Especially when they're being driven by shitlers with no repair kits or slow reflexes.

ROFLburger posted:

:laffo:

got another live one after pasting the PANSY recruitment during countdown

It owns that these are literally the exact same people who skitz the gently caress out at the mere mention of "sharia law" or ISIS. The idiots are cut from the exact same cloth and they're too dense to realise it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
So if you see a notable WoT streamer on the enemy team and you're in artillery, do you load up their stream on another monitor, aim for where the enemy artillery appears on the streamer's minimap, and fire at that conspicuous bush?

Because I certainly do. Gotta get dem missions mates!

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Oughta report them for revealing teammates' positions imo.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Prav posted:

Oughta report them for revealing teammates' positions imo.

I made sure to let them know in all chat.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Ask Pushedback about BT

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

TheFonz posted:

Ask Pushedback about BT

it isn't september yet, what is this crap?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Welp already at SPG-15 for the T-55A. Now I just need a disappointing loss and I'll be top XP/damage on my team and deal 3k damage. Already done it before!

gently caress that goddamn double fire mission. Easily got double fires in my T67 tonight, but god forbid I get it in a tier 6+ medium.

I literally typed this out, and thought hey, I haven't played my Cromwell B today. Let's take it out.

It's past midnight and I'm drunk or else I'd go out and buy a lottery ticket.

DonkeyHotay posted:

BT died, Pushedback is the new Hellsau Clan Killer. Also he still got paid.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

DonkeyHotay posted:

Jack_tripper posted:

I think the last campaign killed about 30% of the clans

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
I can confirm playing with Hellsau lowers your stats.

Not because he does well, or takes your damage/kills, or anything like that. He just ruins the game for his platoonmates by existing.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Hah I went for the hat trick of mission completions. I need a ram, so I brought out my Batchat. I saw an opportunity - the enemy Conqueror was downhill from me, and just a hair above 1200 HP so I could shoot it down to rammable status pretty easily. I shot it down to 4 HP, was coming in for the ram, when all of a sudden my Batchat decided it was being driven by Tony Hawk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc8cKgrvlE8

New physics model cannot come soon enough.

Desuwa posted:

Not because he does well, or takes your damage/kills, or anything like that. He just ruins the game for his platoonmates by existing.

Says the dude who farmed 6600 damage in their 261 due to my mocking the enemy tier 10s into submission. You're welcome. Also I killed NTR for you, and you've never thanked me for that.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

hey how bad is the T21 grind? bad enough that if I am not that many games into this game that I just back up and do the other line? I'm like 8k from the T21 in the M7

I haven't played in years and it was bad then so idk if it has gotten better or not

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

AgentSythe posted:

hey how bad is the T21 grind? bad enough that if I am not that many games into this game that I just back up and do the other line? I'm like 8k from the T21 in the M7

I haven't played in years and it was bad then so idk if it has gotten better or not

It's still pretty bad but matchmaking for lights was changed a while ago so it no longer sees tier 10s.

The real problem for the T21 is the T37, M41, and T49 make up a new US light tank line that leads to the same T9 and T10 tanks that the T21 leads to. The T37 and M41 are strictly better than the T21 and T71, and the T37 especially horrifically outclasses the T21. The T71 was power-creeped pretty hard by the M41 but it's still playable. Between the T49 and the T69 it's a harder choice but the T49 will probably be more fun if you can handle playing t8 lights.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
T21 at least has a low profile, it's perfectly fine and acceptable but it gets shat on by all other scouts when it comes to damage output.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Desuwa posted:

It wasn't all bad....

Note: 14 of the 15 enemy tanks were camping. It was by far the dumbest game I've played in terms of enemy skill.

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.
Talk to me about the Panther 8.8 and the T-54 mod 1.

Need some crew trainers.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

srb posted:

T21 at least has a low profile, it's perfectly fine and acceptable but it gets shat on by all other scouts when it comes to damage output.

I don't remember its camo value but it's a big, slow target. It's a stock-gunned T20 with marginally better camo. Or it's a painfully slow Type 64. Or a T37 that is worse in every way (except MAYBE stationary camo by a small margin?) and leads to the same t10.

It was the first tank I skipped, a few t2s skipped when I first saved up a decent chunk of free exp notwithstanding, though admittedly I was a much shittier player back then and couldn't handle myself in a light. I did fine in the T71 though. The T21 just has nothing going for it and a bunch of things working against it.

Super 3 posted:

Need some crew trainers.

Panther 8.8 is basically identical to the Panther II. If it's realistic for you getting the T-55A is going to be better and free.

I have heard mostly good things about the T-54 mod 1 but don't have one myself. Of the two I would buy the T-54 mod 1, but I have bought neither.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Super 3 posted:

Need some crew trainers.

Panther 88 is garbage, the T-54 mod 1 is very good in strongholds and not great in pubs due to seeing tier 9s and 10s that laugh at its armor.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
God drat the Tiger P is a piece of garbage. I could deal with the VK 3001P by shooting 100% gold out of the short 88 and pretending I was a really fat, slow and awkward T-34-85 with no gold, but this is unbearable. It's an even slower Tiger without the bullshit DPM. gently caress Porsche forever.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

The tiger P is my favorite tier 7...

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

The Tiger P is indeed very bad, as we can see in those expected-values.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

DonkeyHotay posted:

T29 :colbert:

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Where are you getting those cool stats?

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Ensign Expendable posted:

Where are you getting those cool stats?

vbaddict.net

Requires uploading your dossier file at least once. You can automate syncing it but it requires a separate .exe.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Now that I've mastered the S-51, aced it and etc, I'm going to play Russian Roulette with it.

From now on, I will only load AP rounds. No HE splash damage. I'll either one-shot or miss with every shell.

Please direct me to the suicide helpline.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

DonkeyHotay posted:

It took a rough hit with the HD model upgrade but it is still quite good. Also one of my favorite Tier VII tanks.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Hellsau posted:

Welp already at SPG-15 for the T-55A. Now I just need a disappointing loss and I'll be top XP/damage on my team and deal 3k damage. Already done it before!

gently caress that goddamn double fire mission. Easily got double fires in my T67 tonight, but god forbid I get it in a tier 6+ medium.

I literally typed this out, and thought hey, I haven't played my Cromwell B today. Let's take it out.

It's past midnight and I'm drunk or else I'd go out and buy a lottery ticket.

BT died, Pushedback is the new Hellsau Clan Killer. Also he still got paid.

Bastard! I had 3 fires in 4 fights today, but just can't 2 in the same. Driving me loving insane.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

WayAbvPar posted:

Bastard! I had 3 fires in 4 fights today, but just can't 2 in the same. Driving me loving insane.

Broke my camo to take an unlikely shot on the enemy Cromwell's butt, immediately got a fire, and then played the rest of the game attempting to get the other. Eventualyl a T29 broadsided me and finally I got the right amount of coinflips in my favor. Cromwell B with Deadeye, mate.

Also gently caress the SU100-M1, it's a bad tank. gently caress the Panther 2, it is close to bad and if it isn't just bad, it's on the low end of the mediocre scale. Not being good at anything is a crime.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

First, have a random screenshot:

That's what happens when you failplatoon and let a tier 3 outdamage your tier 7. :rolleyes:

Next, my little bro just finished the Panther 2 grind (RIP Hellsau) and decided to take the E-50 (with free XP'd top gun) out for a spin. Everybody keeps saying how good this thing is, right? Then this happened:

:stare:

:stonklol:

It's a little sluggish for a medium (or pretty mobile for a non-French heavy) but goddamn is that some effortless damage right there. (And the 100% accuracy is also pretty telling.)

http://wotreplays.eu/site/2015960?secret=359122b185259304aaada9a4f7a425c2

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

TheFluff posted:

God drat the Tiger P is a piece of garbage. I could deal with the VK 3001P by shooting 100% gold out of the short 88 and pretending I was a really fat, slow and awkward T-34-85 with no gold, but this is unbearable. It's an even slower Tiger without the bullshit DPM. gently caress Porsche forever.

Still not the worst tier7 by far and not even the worst tier7 heavy.
Did they break the armour on it while updating it to HD?
Regardless, pubbie-proof armour + long 88 is hardly the worst combination in the game.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

Atomizer posted:

Next, my little bro just finished the Panther 2 grind (RIP Hellsau) and decided to take the E-50 (with free XP'd top gun) out for a spin. Everybody keeps saying how good this thing is, right? Then this happened:

It's a little sluggish for a medium (or pretty mobile for a non-French heavy) but goddamn is that some effortless damage right there. (And the 100% accuracy is also pretty telling.)

The E-50 is the best t9 medium. The only thing it's missing is high pen APCR as the credit ammo but it has everything else going for it.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Cardiac posted:

Regardless, pubbie-proof armour + long 88 is hardly the worst combination in the game.

When I played it, due to the sheer amount of weakspots even a pubbie with fetal alcohol syndrome found randomly shot at at least one of them after a while.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

Hellsau posted:

Broke my camo to take an unlikely shot on the enemy Cromwell's butt, immediately got a fire, and then played the rest of the game attempting to get the other. Eventualyl a T29 broadsided me and finally I got the right amount of coinflips in my favor. Cromwell B with Deadeye, mate.

Also gently caress the SU100-M1, it's a bad tank. gently caress the Panther 2, it is close to bad and if it isn't just bad, it's on the low end of the mediocre scale. Not being good at anything is a crime.

I thought the Panther 2 was absolutely amazing.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

primelaw posted:

I thought the Panther 2 was absolutely amazing.

Primelaw believe the Sturer is unplayable bad, so bad he ragesold it twice. Primelaw also believe the Panther 2 is a great tank. This should show you exactly how bad the Sturer is. Don't play the Sturer Emil, folks.

Also the Panther 2 has massive module damage problems, especially related to the turret and engine; the tank chassis itself is incredibly mediocre in every manner, with unspectacular armor, gun depression, turret traverse, and mobility; the gun is not accurate enough for the average DPM even with the acceptable pen; and with all these things combined, it excels at nothing. Many downsides and zero upsides? Gross.

Object 416 is the king of tanks though. I was platooning with random RELIC dudes in tier 10s for laughs earlier (and to kill a tier 10 heavy in my tier 8 medium) and was just making GBS threads out 3k damage games. Yeah no big deal just gonna sit here in a bush with my ELC camo, no need to worry about that J100 80 meters away from me. God drat that tank has some downsides but at least you get rewarded for making it work. Get the 416 folks, but only after saving enough free XP up to skip the A-44. I gotta get around to buying the 430-2 one of these days.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

I'm not entirely convinced that the P2 is better than the Tiger.

mikemelbrooks
Jun 11, 2012

One tough badass

TheFluff posted:

http://www.noobmeter.com/tank/eu/PzVI_Tiger_P
Number 4 in Europe. I used to platoon with another tigerP and completely bully lower tier tanks. Time has not been kind to the tiger P. But you can still scare tanks in to trying to shoot your lfp.

Desuwa posted:

The E-50 is the best t9 medium. The only thing it's missing is high pen APCR as the credit ammo but it has everything else going for it.
Have you tried the AMX 30?

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

mikemelbrooks posted:

Have you tried the AMX 30?

At this point I have played all t9 mediums except the PTA on the live server. The AMX 30 is very good but it can't brawl in a pinch or bully lower tiers like the E-50 can.

It's up there with the Cent 7 and the E-50, though. But I give the edge to the E-50 for some good reasons, mainly its flexibility.

e: The cent 7 is more personal but it just clicks so well with me. Not that it's bad in absolute terms.

I think t9 mediums are my most played class/tier combo and I keep the majority of them.

Desuwa fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Jul 13, 2015

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Cardiac posted:

The HD upgrade broke some of the turret armor and reshapes the copula, making it an easier target.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

to Accursed 2 leave armour

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

The 122-54 is really good if you play patiently