Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Parker Lewis posted:

I realize I am 2 years behind here but I just picked up BF4 Premium for PC and I'm trying to figure out how to play with goons. I found CTS Mumble but is there an active platoon I should be looking for?

There's a few but I'm at work for a while longer so I can't link. Feel free to add me on Origin/Battlelog username is the same as the forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Parker Lewis posted:

I realize I am 2 years behind here but I just picked up BF4 Premium for PC and I'm trying to figure out how to play with goons. I found CTS Mumble but is there an active platoon I should be looking for?

Pretty much go into cts join the battlefield channel and say you want to shoot battlemans or 4 mans. Most of us are chilling in there bs'ing while playing other games. So even if you don't see anyone playing in battlelog make sure you check mumble.

Edit. Silenced Aug or ar-160 are both stupidly good and may now be my favorite find in the game. If you are worried about cqc just throw a laser on them and you can hip fire people down easy with head shots.

xyigx fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jul 13, 2015

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Chasing tank sprergs from servers is fun

got fired from Snopes
Aug 28, 2014

Fried Watermelon posted:

It got a remake already. BFBC2:Vietnam

It's not the same man.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

TubeStank posted:

Chasing tank sprergs from servers is fun

Many moons ago we had a wonderful round of Silk Chode with half of us throwing paper planes or sitting in IFVs with secondary SOFLAMs and the other half throwing javelins into the opposing team's spawn. It was glorious.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Somebody just made a haccusation against me on a video I posted back in March :psyduck:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Mariguana posted:

It's not the same man.

Remember on launch when that one class was broken as all gently caress? It had an m60 AND and an anti-tank rocket launcher. Man that got patched out fast lol.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Dillbag posted:

Many moons ago we had a wonderful round of Silk Chode with half of us throwing paper planes or sitting in IFVs with secondary SOFLAMs and the other half throwing javelins into the opposing team's spawn. It was glorious.

Silk Road was also amazing when, for a couple weeks, there was that bug that allowed any class to spawn with any gadget from any other class they wanted. You barely even needed lasers because engineers could spawn with an ammo box and have infinite ammo.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Dillbag posted:

That round was glorious, so many tears. Not a single vehicle from the enemy team was alive for longer than 30 seconds after leaving spawn. Took a bit of the round to get dug in up there by E but once we did, seeing 5-10 javelins light up a little bird was a thing of beauty.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Kibayasu posted:

Silk Road was also amazing when, for a couple weeks, there was that bug that allowed any class to spawn with any gadget from any other class they wanted. You barely even needed lasers because engineers could spawn with an ammo box and have infinite ammo.

Silk Road + the glorious MAVLAM bug of early 2014 was the absolute best. All it took to wreck the other team was one person in a squad using the MAVLAM, a few guys with Javelins, and a support dropping ammo crates.

The MAVLAM is dead. Long live the MAVLAM.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

suboptimal posted:

Silk Road + the glorious MAVLAM bug of early 2014 was the absolute best. All it took to wreck the other team was one person in a squad using the MAVLAM, a few guys with Javelins, and a support dropping ammo crates.

The MAVLAM is dead. Long live the MAVLAM.

Best of all was that an LAV or murder boat could self lase for TOW and javelin teams carried onboard, with support perk giving infinite ammo.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Started a match on US, got enemy team down to 100 to our 500, placed 4th on the board...

Admin has moved Francofish to enemy team for balance

Lost 2 minutes later.

:negative:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

FrancoFish posted:

Started a match on US, got enemy team down to 100 to our 500, placed 4th on the board...

Admin has moved Francofish to enemy team for balance

Lost 2 minutes later.

:negative:

JOIN TEAMSPEAK TO AVOID SWAPS!

"This channel is private"

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

which goon platoons are open/still fairly active?

My friend closed down ours because he got in with some other people, so gently caress it, time to play with goons instead of against :v:

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!
I just got this game and can't wait to play with goons. Where do you all hang out?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
It seems the entire Eurogoon presence collapsed with their masterstroke patch that changes everything. We all seem to have moved on. Then again what do you expect when a major patch changes everything you know about how weapons work etc. and they expect you to relearn the game after almost 2 years.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

INTJ Mastermind posted:

I just got this game and can't wait to play with goons. Where do you all hang out?

The game is dead there are barely any active servers left

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Wasabi the J posted:

JOIN TEAMSPEAK TO AVOID SWAPS!

"This channel is private"

Donate $10 for teamswitching!

Donate $20 for admin!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Hopper posted:

It seems the entire Eurogoon presence collapsed with their masterstroke patch that changes everything. We all seem to have moved on. Then again what do you expect when a major patch changes everything you know about how weapons work etc. and they expect you to relearn the game after almost 2 years.

I used that patch that hosed all over support weapons (and well everything) as excuse to beat Dark Souls 1 and 2, then start with the Batman games. I even played some TDM matches the last few weeks but hell, the game was mostly fine prepatch and now I can't deal with the garbage tracers that just gently caress all the aiming and yes, I can ignore them but they're visually intrusive.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Hopper posted:

Also it's summer and stuff.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I have since completed Tomb Raider, almost completed Republic Commando, started Deus EX HR: Directors Cut and played lots of GTA V.
Not to mention I started regularly running 6k again and enjoying summer. :-)

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Sandweed posted:

Also it's summer and stuff.

Yep, next week to the Beach and 360 evening while drinking mojitos. Gotta beat TC Future Soldier and Deus Ex HR: Directors Cut on console at least! Thanks to :dice: I'm clearing my backlog so is all good.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Anyone have a link to that post about chat being the game? tia

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
Has anyone noticed there are a lot more tank savants running around now? Maybe it's because there's fewer air savants to keep the tanks down but in a lot of my recent games I see people in tanks racking up 40-1 scores.

People have like forgotten how to deal with armor or something. In one game, the only time the tank guys died was when I :happyelf:'d them.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

I have reinstalled BF4 and applied to the LLJK group as Fumble3.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

OGS-Remix posted:

Has anyone noticed there are a lot more tank savants running around now? Maybe it's because there's fewer air savants to keep the tanks down but in a lot of my recent games I see people in tanks racking up 40-1 scores.

People have like forgotten how to deal with armor or something. In one game, the only time the tank guys died was when I :happyelf:'d them.

Vehicle aimbot was released a while back

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I frequently get hunted down by roaming bands of engineers. Tanking ain't easy.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

African AIDS cum posted:

Vehicle aimbot was released a while back

Oh that explains the hacking accusations I'm been seeing recently. I'm not sure how much an aimbot helps though, it's already really easy to tank.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Tanking is like 90% positioning and only 10% aim anyway unless you're beaning jets and distant choppers with shells. I dunno how sophisticated an aimbot would have to be to nail those kinds of shots, too.

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer

sitchelin posted:

Donate $10 for teamswitching!

Donate $20 for admin!

Holy poo poo what if you could actually pay money to have the top player from the other team forcibly switched to your team on demand

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I'd rather pay to kick the guy hogging the mobile AA in spawn who accomplishes gently caress-all.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Pharmaskittle posted:

Tanking is like 90% positioning and only 10% aim anyway unless you're beaning jets and distant choppers with shells. I dunno how sophisticated an aimbot would have to be to nail those kinds of shots, too.

Not very, but it would only work if the jet was moving in a constant direction.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

year199X posted:

Holy poo poo what if you could actually pay money to have the top player from the other team forcibly switched to your team on demand

Pay $1 to kill selected player on command.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Battlefield images pop up in the darnedest places

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

year199X posted:

You can, it's called adminning a server you host

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

xyigx posted:

Anyone have a link to that post about chat being the game? tia

axeface posted:

The most and only important part of this game is talking poo poo, and talking poo poo with the focus, cunning, and determination of a fox hunted by dogs. Squad organization and the team mechanic are false constructions meant to distract you from the One True Purpose of Battlefield: Grinding profanities out of your keyboard like a coke-crazed pole cowboy until gameplay stops and the chat window convulses with loathing. Every second you spend playing this game is a second you've lost on puking vitriol over its community. The only acceptable justification for your participation in a round is killing bad guys; every moment somebody is dead is another moment they're forced to pay attention to your bullshit. For this reason you should never revive teammates.

Celebrate every kill by reminding your victim that they could've spent this time in the company of a loved one. Run into a corner and prone first so they can tell that you're typing. Subtly imply that they play video games so much because they secretly hate themselves and yearn to escape from their lives. If they kill you back, state this explicitly, then assert that they invest themselves into children's games because they crave ego-death and are too cowardly to pursue a fulfilling sexual experience or suicide. Remind them that KDR is irrelevant to the actual structure of the game, and the developers only instituted tracking of it in obeisance to our crude animal fear of domination. If your KDR is higher, add that you justify this fear, and that in a primal setting you would collapse their brainpan with your teeth. Pause briefly to note that fear of defilement after death is nothing more than a shadow cast on the wall of the human psyche by the blinding, hideously bright knowledge of our own mortal inconsequentiality, before continuing to describe in detail the crude zoomorphic rituals you would subject your opponent's corpse to in a pre-agricultural setting.

Take note when you earn a nemesis ribbon and write beautiful erotica detailing the carnal adventures you imagine sharing with your victim. Anoint yourself a priest in a Dionysian mystery cult and then loudly announce your intention to gay marry jets by ramming them. Prepare elaborate epitaphs for snipers before you knife them; afterwards, carry on long simulated conversations with them about how stupid they are, using quotation marks to indicate their responses. Post-script all such conversations with "Wait, how am I talking if I'm loving dead?" If you successfully run somebody over with a MAV, spend a minute making robot sounds and questioning whether or not sufficiently advanced computers have souls. Ask your victims if they will dream while you make exaggerated tea-bagging motions over their corpse by flying up and down.

Erratically and interchangeably quote Mussolini and Eugene V. Debs. Turn on thermal optics in the Viper and then splice footage of you base-camping Wake into an Iraq Mudvayne war crime montage. Put that on YouTube and whistleblow it to Julian Assange's gmail account. Cold read the room until you find out the name of somebody's dead grandmother, then channel her spirit through your keyboard to mock their KDR and make debased sexual claims about their ancestry. Put an IRNV on your gun and spend the whole round making clicking noises and repeating things other people say while alternating capslock. Unironically solicit contributions for Jon Huntsman's presidential campaign. Do literally anything without irony.

Strip naked on nights of the full moon and scream your hatred for mankind into the sky. This will have no direct effect on Battlefield players, but the poisonous qi you release into the universe will bring nightmares to children and kill flowers half a world away, lessening the joy of others by a commensurate but ultimately exponential amount. Kidnap Korean War veterans and subject them to hour-long knife kill montages until they have nervous breakdowns. Tell them that this is the face of modern war. Deliberately mislead children into believing unsustainable things. Provoke the manager of the Battlefield Twitter feed into an argument about electoral fraud in modern Russia, then question the morality of releasing a game depicting non-nuclear industrial warfare between two superpowers as entertainment. Tell him that you no longer enjoy Bad Company 3 and offer to mail him a copy of ArmA.

Trigger another fight about Stinger utility in-game.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

sitchelin posted:

I'd rather pay to kick the guy hogging the mobile AA in spawn who accomplishes gently caress-all.
I would argue that the mobile AA is by far the best anti-infantry armor in the game. I'll gladly hog the gently caress out of it but I'll charge C straightaway because infantry. And maybe kill a helo or two but that's mostly an accident.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Friar Zucchini posted:

I would argue that the mobile AA is by far the best anti-infantry armor in the game. I'll gladly hog the gently caress out of it but I'll charge C straightaway because infantry. And maybe kill a helo or two but that's mostly an accident.

Truth, Iv'e gotten better KDR than blatant aimbotters playing on the same server as me when I'm driving the AA. I copied chronos loadout and it works great, the lack of reactive hurts if a tank sneaks up on me but the prox is the best for murdering infantry non stop and it marks mines on the minimap to.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Wasn't there supposed to be some more free content released for this title? or am I imagining things? I remember reading something about new guns?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

They just added some new free guns, at least 2 more free maps are on the way, and nighttime mode for some of the vanilla maps maybe.

• Locked thread