Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Merijn posted:

Comedy option:

I'd buy most of those songs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Merijn posted:

Comedy option:

I count six songs that would no joke be fun in a party setting. If you don't want to hang at the wiki-wild wiki-wiki Wild Wild West, I don't want to hang with you.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Yoshifan823 posted:

I count six songs that would no joke be fun in a party setting. If you don't want to hang at the wiki-wild wiki-wiki Wild Wild West, I don't want to hang with you.

I'd rather have Sir Duke :v:

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
I'd play MMMbop. I bet it'd be fun on guitar.

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author

Alakaiser posted:

I'd play MMMbop. I bet it'd be fun on guitar.

I was genuinely surprised to see it in a mock list, we had a metric ton of songs that played worse. Guitar is fun, harmonies obviously are fun, drums are busy, bass I don't remember but I think it was good too.

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014
So it's a comedy option because whoever created it didn't bother to see Smooth Criminal by Alient Ant Farm already came out in RBN?
Also, already have 3 of them as customs...and would LOVE Wild Wild West.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

AAF's Smooth Criminal wasn't even RBN, it was a Harmonix release. I know this because I bought that song years before I bothered to set up an alternate account for RBN, which has never been available in my country.

Not sure why I even bought it, that cover sucks. At least it does on vocals.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Binowru posted:

we already have Sir Duke

Doc Morbid posted:

Not sure why I even bought it, that cover sucks. At least it does on vocals.

the drums are devilishly fun, though, like goddamn I think I will never get good enough to hit that bit near the end of the solo but it's so fun to try

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Binowru posted:

a) It's official DLC already
b) Wild Wild West samples I Wish, not Sir Duke

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

SatansBestBuddy posted:

It's not complex at all.

C3 forums should still have a roadmap for setting up customs, go there and read the instructions. At this point everything's so streamlined that it's basically all drag and drop. (thank you TrojanNemo for C3Tools)

EDIT: Found the video PKSage made, this will tell you everything you need to do to get customs working, though it's kinda outdated as it doesn't mention C3Tools, so it's even easier nowadays than the video makes it out to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PawhJlfVLkg

Awesome, thanks for the info!

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Down With The Sickness is one of those songs that five years after everyone wonders how things ever got to that point, like the Macarena.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4s_yljeDhQ - Veteran Gameplay of "King For A Day"

toymach1ne fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jul 14, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

toymach1ne posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4s_yljeDhQ - Veteran Gameplay of "King For A Day"

I don't know what Pierce the Veil is but I loving hate it.

This is the absolute worst of emo and deth metal combined.

It makes avenged sevenfold sound almost good. :v:

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

I don't know what Pierce the Veil is but I loving hate it.

This is the absolute worst of emo and deth metal combined.

It makes avenged sevenfold sound almost good. :v:

"get off my lawn"

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

toymach1ne posted:

Not Faith No More, disappointed.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

TrojanNemo posted:

So it's a comedy option because whoever created it didn't bother to see Smooth Criminal by Alient Ant Farm already came out in RBN?
Also, already have 3 of them as customs...and would LOVE Wild Wild West.

No, it's a comedy option because the original Smooth Criminal is listed right after it, but it's listed as a cover. The joke is that they got the rights to use AAF's cover of the song, but they couldn't get the rights to the original so they had to make their own additional cover of it

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

Sir Tonk posted:

Not Faith No More, disappointed.

Guess that makes you a fool for a lifetime

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
The new Guitar Hero is 100% pure "I used to be with it. Then one day they changed what 'it' was."

Chocolate Teapot
May 8, 2009

ElwoodCuse posted:

The new Guitar Hero is 100% pure "I used to be with it. Then one day they changed what 'it' was."

Meanwhile the RB4 soundtrack appears to have never been with it in the first place

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.

Merijn posted:

Comedy option:

Joke's on him because AAF's Smooth Criminal is already RB DLC and it's fun as hell.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Guitar Hero TV interests me more then either set list and all my DLC is on Xbox so nothing Harmonix has shown has me even considering buying the same insturments I owned on 360 just updated for the next gen for the ridiculous price they want.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

Joke's on him because AAF's Smooth Criminal is already RB DLC and it's fun as hell.

Oh god that drum track. gently caress my life.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

No, it's a comedy option because the original Smooth Criminal is listed right after it, but it's listed as a cover. The joke is that they got the rights to use AAF's cover of the song, but they couldn't get the rights to the original so they had to make their own additional cover of it

The gag is the idea that Michael Jackson's version of Smooth Criminal is a cover of Alien Ant Farm's.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
"Coming of Age"...drat you Guitar Hero...I was hoping that would be in RB

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Down With The Sickness is one of those songs that five years after everyone wonders how things ever got to that point, like the Macarena.

I know people who still enjoy listening to "Blue" by Eiffel 65.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

sba posted:

Isn't Guitar Hero basically being kept alive just to eat Rock Band's lunch? It seems very well-timed, from the new game to #TracklistTuesday.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Isn't Guitar Hero basically being kept alive just to eat Rock Band's lunch? It seems very well-timed, from the new game to #TracklistTuesday.

Maybe if you are still drinking the Harmonix kool-aid, sure.

toymach1ne fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jul 15, 2015

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

sba posted:

through the magic of the internet, it still can, through a ground-breaking new technology known as "Downloadable Content." I kinda doubt either company is shelling out enough money to get a hot exclusive from a second-tier alt rock band

also is that album any good? I think their first was seriously one of the most underrated albums of the last few years but everything I heard from their second sounded super bland, like, Killers-level bland

the rest of that Guitar Hero tracklist is loving hysterical, it is jaw-dropping just how godawful that game's on-disc set is shaping up to be because they're trying to find the most popular rock songs of the moment and those are all completely terrible thanks to the magic of our modern fragmented music landscape. even when they do pick up a good modern artist, they pick a terrible track (was there anyone seriously clamoring for Mastodon or TV On the Radio songs off their newest albums?)

meanwhile, Rock Band has mostly gotten around this problem by focusing on classic rock. It's telling that half of Rock Band 4's announced tracklist is pre-2000, while, like, maybe 20% of GH's list is

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
Yeah GHL is pretty much almost all 2010 centric going for the vaping teens and why shouldn't they?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

toymach1ne posted:

Yeah GHL is pretty much almost all 2010 centric going for the vaping teens and why shouldn't they?

Because the songs are very bad, and that will make the game very bad and unfun to play, toymach1ne

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

abraham linksys posted:

(was there anyone seriously clamoring for Mastodon or TV On the Radio songs off their newest albums?)

Asleep in the Deep loving owns though

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Babe Magnet posted:

Once More 'Round The Sun loving owns though

I think I have to get over my sadness that Mastodon will never make anything as good as Crack the Skye again and just embrace what they're doing now, huh :smith:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I edited the song to prevent confusion from album/song title but I like all of Once More 'Round the Sun so whatever

but yeah Crack the Skye rules all sorts of rear end, easily their best.

e: The Last Baron when

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

abraham linksys posted:

Because the songs are very bad, and that will make the game very bad and unfun to play, toymach1ne

this game is all about fun charts. there's no vocals so I don't really care what it sounds like as long as it isn't something I really hate (linkin park incoming)

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

High Road is a real good song and I mean yeah Crack the Skye is incredible but Once More Round the Sun is still a super great album (though the hunter wasn't great tbh)

(I wanna drum more Mastodon (especially High Road), gimme more in Rock Band)

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Neither setlist is particularly bowling me over, but Rock Band still has more "comfort food" picks that are "new to me" in a rhythm game; most of the songs in GH:L I don't loathe are ones I can boot up and play right now. Courtney Barnett, Dum Dum Girls, MGMT, Rolling Stones and a good studio master version of Judas Priest are all I'd really want to nab.

Rock Band 4 trying to please everyone gets me more QOTSA/Cure/Who, St. Vincent, and Van fuckin' Morrison. There's tons more stuff that I can at least appreciate, and even the stuff I don't like (there's plenty so far) I can at least tolerate... for the most part. A lot of partial head-scratchers and wishing for Song X from Artist Y instead (coughfoofighterscough) but it's definitely shaping up better, even with a fraction of the songs announced.

Neither is replacing Rock Band 3 yet, though, and of the current bands/releases I do listen to none are making any appearances yet. How about Viet Cong, or the new Screaming Females? Everything Everything has a new album! Nobody's announced any songs that have made me really get excited to play it; "Brown Eyed Girl" is closest. Sure, I'm a weirdo and catering to me would be financial suicide, but discs are where I get most of my sops. I don't think they're going to devote DLC resources to a band like X anymore, or maybe even Dinosaur Jr., and how else are you going to make people play "Cool for Cats" or The Replacements? Those are the songs I wanna see announced; the mortar between the bricks.

Anyway, here's a cool song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TGejJ5cj_U

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Babe Magnet posted:

e: The Last Baron when

C3 did that one back in April and it ruled

But yeah if they did that one for RB4 that would definitely be tipping me towards buying it sooner rather than later.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Gaspar Lewis posted:

Neither is replacing Rock Band 3 yet, though, and of the current bands/releases I do listen to none are making any appearances yet. How about Viet Cong, or the new Screaming Females?

this is kinda what I was getting at when I was saying Guitar Hero has found the middle-of-the-road blandest garbage. Both of the bands you mentioned are relatively popular (Viet Cong sold out multiple shows here recently and their LP was sold out for like two months at the largest record store near me), but they're not radio popular, and so Activision wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole. Heck, the most obscure new artist they got was Courtney Barnett, but she's at least daytime talk show popular.

I imagine Harmonix probably wants to say somewhat mainstream for their on-disc content, but I hope they go more off the beaten path for the DLC and include bands like those.

of course I hope that I'm proven wrong and Harmonix just includes all 22 minutes of Deep Fantasy on disc but I'm not holding my breath

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56EZgZomML8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Oh yeah, totally White Lung, and/or Ex Hex or Pujol or Literature or Johnny Foreigner or Parquet Courts or...