Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

zzyzx posted:

Well, yeah.

I was looking through the SCOTUS game Spoonsy linked earlier and enjoying a blast from the past - there's a post where I complain about being a 1L. :3:

It was a very fun game to read, I still have fondness for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

zzyzx posted:

Well, yeah.

I was looking through the SCOTUS game Spoonsy linked earlier and enjoying a blast from the past - there's a post where I complain about being a 1L. :3:

You totally were a 1L then weren't you. Christ that was 7 years ago.

(also I am completely content to leave my vote where it is right now and wait for Walrus to come here and claim)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Spoonsy posted:

You totally were a 1L then weren't you. Christ that was 7 years ago.

(also I am completely content to leave my vote where it is right now and wait for Walrus to come here and claim)

gently caress, that was 7 years old.

Don't we all feel old now.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I don't really know what walrus could claim that would get me to change my vote. The only reason we would want to sit here and wait for a claim is so we get some clarity as to role in case walrus is town and has some wonky Ecco role like 'defibrillator' with no additional explanation on the flip.

I guess that's worth waiting for: ##unvote

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

I don't really know what walrus could claim that would get me to change my vote. The only reason we would want to sit here and wait for a claim is so we get some clarity as to role in case walrus is town and has some wonky Ecco role like 'defibrillator' with no additional explanation on the flip.

I guess that's worth waiting for: ##unvote

I think you're being pretty hasty on that.

If Walrus comes in with a powerful role, I'd give them a chance, especially since it's a weak case at day one.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

In any event, there's no rush.

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe
Geez you are all really deadset on lynching me, then, huh? Well I can't say I'm too happy with getting voted out day 1. I was looking forward to playing Mafia after quite a long break from it.

For the record, I ignored people voting me because I felt like you can't really argue against day 1 "gut" and arguments from awkwardness posts without seeming like you protest too much.

Nothing of value is lost, I'm a vanilla townie. Please consider lynching Merk or wins tomorrow.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote walrus

Ok.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

WalrusWhiskers posted:

Please consider lynching Merk or wins tomorrow.

First time you've mentioned me all game. Thanks for the mention.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I think if you were really Vanilla Town you wouldn't be interested in voting Merk.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

##vote Walrus Whiskers

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

My job situation has become pretty dire so I'll need to ask for a replacement. Sorry Ecco.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

The Ninth Layer posted:

My job situation has become pretty dire so I'll need to ask for a replacement. Sorry Ecco.

Sorry to hear that, man. Godspeed.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
ECCO THAT IS :redhammer:

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
Yeah probably. Lemme count.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
:c: Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

WalrusWhisker (11) - Merk Gamerofthegame Hal Incandenza zzyzx Quinquereme Max Nth Doctor Spoonsy Which Way Madness Nth Doctor Quidnose merk Ameoba102

wins32767 (2) - WalrusWhiskers Puntification

Gamerofthegame (1) - Max QuoProQuid
Hal Incandenza (1) - yuming
Max (1) - CCKeane Gamerofthegame QuoProQuid wins32767 Spoonsy
merk (1) - The Ninth Layer
QuoProQuid (1) - Squiggly

CCKeane (0) - Puntification Quidnose
Quidnose (0) Quinquereme
Quinquereme (0) - Yuming
Spoonsy (0) - Max
yuming (0) - Quidnose

:h: 21 alive 11 to execute

That's :redhammer:, folks. DON'T POST NOTHIN

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The servants and staff of Peachtree Hall had a very long day; there were shouts and arguments and open frustration. Many had hoped, in the back of their minds, that the problem would solve itself, or that the conspirators would just... confess, and save everyone the time. Unfortunately when no villain stood forward with mustache twirling, they could do nothing but give it a shot. A majority of them by the late afternoon settled on WalrusWhiskers - he had said some things that seemed quite off, and left them suspecting he knew more than he was letting on. They dragged him to the back gardens, where the carpenter and groundskeeper had built a makeshift gallows. WalrusWhiskers had a noose roped around his neck, and with the kick of a chair, he fell, twitched, and died.
With his death, his corpse was sent to the village undertaker in town; a solemn and quiet figure, the undertaker cast a quick spell on WW's spirit to read its intentions. (Which as everyone knows can only be cast on the dead. That's my flavor and I'm sticking to it.) It turns out WW was an angry, bitter servant, and a traitor who was plotting the death of Lady Clarent. It was good that he died.

:s: WalrusWhiskers, Constance, Corrupt Servant (mafia-aligned goon), was executed day 1. :s:

It is now Night 1
Night actions! I'm giving you ~24 hours, don't dilly-dally!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The Ninth Layer is replaced by chaoslord! Everyone say hullo... in the morning. Assuming you're still ALIVE.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
a worthy uhh/Me in Reverse is replaced by 100YrsofAttitude. Everyone say hello!

I have all the actions I am just processing everything, thread should be opened for the new day soon :toot:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Come morning there are a lot of dead bodies in the Hall. The conspiracy seems to have struck back with a vengeance.
The first is yuming, who found herself stabbed with a knife while she slept. She was a humble servant, and later that morning the village undertaker's report confirmed it.
Second was Keane, whose entire room was charred black with ash, with Keane's burnt corpse on the bed, as if he was set on fire, a magical fire that was entirely contained within his room rather than spreading to the rest of the Hall. The undertaker's report confirms he was not only innocent, but was the new Head Chef. Apparently the Hall's cook staff are getting gutted in this conflict.
The third was QuoProQuid, the groundskeeper, who was (ironically?) mauled during the night as if by a wild animal. What was left of him was sent to the undertaker as well, who discovered in his soul was a great deal of anger and betrayal. The rest of the Hall was thankful he never got the chance to use the war javelins they discovered in his shed.

:s: yuming, Aldonza, Servant (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death night 1. :s:
:s: CCKeane, Sebastianus Aris, Sous Chef (town-aligned white mage), was set on fire night 1. :s:
:s: QuoProQuid, Jobert, Corrupt Groundskeeper (mafia-aligned dayvig), was mauled to death night 1. :s:

It is now Day 2!
:h: With 17 alive, it takes 9 votes to execute someone.
:d: Day 2 deadline: Friday, July 17th, ~11PM EDT. I know this is a Friday so I am fine extending it to Sunday or contracting it to Thursday depending on how fast this day goes.

Hooray!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm the best.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hey Squiggly, who do you think is scum now?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Merk, did you call QPQ being scum or did you actually kill him?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I ask because it's 90 degrees in my computer room and no way in gently caress am I going in there right now, so I'm stuck on my phone and can't check people's history at the moment.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I got us to lynch walrus. That is what I was referring to.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Gamerofthegame posted:

alright so the last two three games i scumhunted with perfect accuracy

:coffeepal:

(max and keane don't count!!!)

Now to eat.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh well yes, bully for you.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Gamerofthegame posted:

:coffeepal:

(max and keane don't count!!!)

Now to eat.

I don't?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Let's start today like this: ##vote Squiggly

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

What part of his post history should I be looking at?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Hey, I'm in now! I am actually going to bed now though and I haven't read any of the game up to this point, even if I had all day to do it I still chose to do other things. So if a scum player would be so kind to fill me in with what's going on that'd be great.

Good night!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

A part of me wants to be a jerk and actually say the phrase now, but I'm still not going to.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'd be ok with Squiggly but also Spoonsy.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Nice catch, merk, UNLESS IT WAS A BUS

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I actually think that is a legit possibility. There's very little way that merk could have gleaned scum from the SINGLE walrus post that was awkward, have been that convicted about it with little proof to back it up (because walrus did not post much yesterday), and now be gloating about his awesome scumhunting. That didn't actually happen?

##vote merk

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The scumhunting didn't really happen but I thought it was fairly apparent that what Walrus was doing at the time. You can even see me do a quick call out of it right in the middle of all the Keane stuff.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I demand some credit for walrus too

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Quidnose posted:

I actually think that is a legit possibility. There's very little way that merk could have gleaned scum from the SINGLE walrus post that was awkward, have been that convicted about it with little proof to back it up (because walrus did not post much yesterday), and now be gloating about his awesome scumhunting. That didn't actually happen?

##vote merk

:captainpop:

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

I demand some credit for walrus too

Hal, Hal, he's our man; if he can't do it, no one can!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Bold move by Quid. Seems townie.

• Locked thread