Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
knockout
Apr 27, 2014

my reputation's never been worse, so
Edit: I'm an idiot.

knockout fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jul 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
6x6 or the Brawler, folks?

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Xenaero posted:

6x6 or the Brawler, folks?

The Brawler is faster but the 6x6 handles better (lol).

Brawler climbs much better; the 6x6 can ram almost as hard as an Insurgent.

Get both.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Just play non-contact or say something in chat like 'Can we turn off contact? See who can really drive?'

It gets boring pretty quick, but it removes the smash-em aspect to every race.

In contact races I've learned now to keep behind the leader until the last or second to last corner, to the point of continually smashing into their rear rather than passing them.. because you're just going to be used as someone's brakes if you're out front.

Then nudge, hit, smash and take the lead to roll over the line. Cheesey as poo poo and annoying even when you're doing it, but hey.. when in Rome..

Project Cars is for when you either actually want to drive properly or think you're pretty good and need to be put in your place.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Not tried the 6x6 but the Brawler absolutely owns, like I might have it join the Armoured Karuma and Insurgent (once my second character unlocks it) as one of the few cars both my characters own.

Not A Bear
Nov 4, 2009

UserErr0r posted:

My airport loop race was a huge success and I expect us to play it every day.

Haha so you were to blame for that one - I was in on that race, I think I came dead last from being horribly confused by the gates/fence section!

Unrelated note, had a nice chat with some hackers last night who were flying around in a muscle car blasting missiles everywhere - they were some pretty cool guys, not from the 'make everyone explode' school of hackers either which was nice! I finally found them to go for a flight but unfortunately got dropped from the session as soon as the car took off :(

I didn't realise there were such thing as paid hacks either, they were saying it cost them about $20 a month and they got tech support and everything - interesting stuff!

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
How much fun is it to rip out all the metagame and just access whatever and do whatever? Winning races gives me MONEY which I SPEND ON STUFF and MAKE CHOICES about how to PLAY MY GAME.

If you take all that out.. all I've got is a lovely smash-em race game that Dirt 3 is better than. Project Cars leaves for absolute dead.

The whole point for me is the money and buying stuff and working my way through the content. But meh, people can do as they will as long as it doesnt impact me

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Can't remember the name of the car, but the classic gull wing that came out in IGG1.0....yea it won't let me sell that car. Says I can't sell a car over $50k...but I can sell back as many zentornos as I want...

I hate this car. Help.

ClassicFascist
Jul 8, 2011

hagie posted:

Can't remember the name of the car, but the classic gull wing that came out in IGG1.0....yea it won't let me sell that car. Says I can't sell a car over $50k...but I can sell back as many zentornos as I want...

I hate this car. Help.

You hate the Stirling GT? One of the best cars in the game? Shame. Shame on you.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If you can't sell it, just save another car over it.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

hagie posted:

I hate this car. Help.

How can you possibly hate the Stirling?

Not A Bear
Nov 4, 2009

Tony Montana posted:

How much fun is it to rip out all the metagame and just access whatever and do whatever? Winning races gives me MONEY which I SPEND ON STUFF and MAKE CHOICES about how to PLAY MY GAME.

If you take all that out.. all I've got is a lovely smash-em race game that Dirt 3 is better than. Project Cars leaves for absolute dead.

The whole point for me is the money and buying stuff and working my way through the content. But meh, people can do as they will as long as it doesnt impact me

Yeah we had a bit of a chat about the reasoning behind hacking which was kinda cool - they were more from the having fun messing around school, plus were enjoying tormenting other hackers who were being pretty dickish :) turning people into sharks/ufo's sounded pretty amusing, especially if they were abusing the god mode glitch

Seems like hacking yourself a butt tonne of cash is more of a reaction to the grindy nature of the game, not to mention the pretty steep prices on some of the shiny things that people want, I kinda get that - since I mainly play to do up cool cars and drive them around a bit, not to mention the causing general mayhem haha

I probably wouldn't actually hack as per say though :)

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, I still don't get it though. For me, GTA5 will last a long loving time. It's a great online game, I have this cool apartment which I log into initially.. then decide what I feel like doing. Now I understand how it works, I pull out my phone and pretty consistently d online poo poo with online people pretty quickly. I'm doing just fine with pubbies, no I don't want to do a Heist with them but its suits my 'pick it up for a bit and then forget it for a while' play style.

Doing it this way, saving up and buying a car for each of the racing categories.. buying weapons.. clothes.. I probably could keep what I'm doing for another 6 months before running out of content. There will be DLC and patches, so I'll be playing GTA5 for a long time.. getting great value for my 80 bucks.

But if I just unlocked it all within the first week.. I'd be done. I don't really care about a racing rating or whatever, it's all just smash-em shitbox racing anyway. I don't care about a deathmatch score or something.. there are hackers everywhere.

You'd just.. meet with your hacker friends and spawn a thing and drive and smash for a bit and then log out for a game where you have real goals to work towards?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I like being able to use whatever weapon I want and blow up anyone I can without worrying if I can play dress up later.

Or heck, buying all the clothes made dress up more fun rather than having to balance dress up mode with weapons mods.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Tony Montana posted:

You'd just.. meet with your hacker friends and spawn a thing and drive and smash for a bit and then log out for a game where you have real goals to work towards?

Yeah. Problem?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I mean once you've done every heist, mission, etc, you still don't have enough money or levels to buy everything you want. So taking some hacker money is just saving me from replaying the same content over and over.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

I am constantly impressed by how terrible people are at heists. I got thrown into a random Humane Finale and first the other half of the ground team landed outside the parking lot, so I had to fight all the way through the facility while they tried to find a way back in (I made it to the keycard part, they died, we failed). Second time around the gunner gets killed, and then the third time the gunner dies and the leader drops. I feel bad for the dude, I'd been in an earlier attempt on the same finale where he was leader and he got hosed by an idiot pilot who didn't know how to gain altitude in the chopper, or what the drop point was. Total Profit: -1800 in Armor lol.

On the plus side, I got my hearse! Thanks Otiosely and Craptacular.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

circ dick soleil posted:

Yeah. Problem?

Nah, no problem. You play the game however you wanna. It would just bore me.. I've got Saints Row 3 and 4 here and Witcher 3, I guess just open world on it's own isn't enough to keep me interested anymore.

But I'm pretty new to GTA5 online, once I've sunk in more time and get frustrated with the grind, I'll probably be right there. Then again I'll probably just buy a Shark card because it's a trivial amount of money.

Not A Bear
Nov 4, 2009
Yeah that's probably my concern with hacking - I reckon it'd burn me out on the game to quickly, having goals and things gives me something to aim for and a reason to persist with crappy heist teams.

Incidentally, why oh why does everyone attempt the majority of heists on the hardest difficulty on their first attempt - surely the 1.25x money and rep rewards aren't worth throwing your face against a wall over and over again for.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I like having my sweet hacker money because it means I can constantly buy and sell whatever dumb car catches my eye at the moment and always have something fun to drive around in, or have all the Pegasus toys at my disposal for when i'm rolling with a bunch of Goons and we want to screw around. Like, yeah it kinda takes out the sense of progression in some ways, fair enough. But it also means everything is opened up and I can basically do whatever the hell I want and not have to worry about being able to buy ammo / armor, or not being able to afford to mod out a car because I spent it all on flashy clothes :shrug:

Hell, I bought the Airport Shuttle van on a whim one night just because I wanted something dumb that could hold a ton of people for dicking around in free roam. If I didn't have $20mil I wouldn't make dumb purchases like that because i'd have to worry about saving for actual, useful stuff :v:

e: I've already got 193 hours in this game, and 90% of that is loving around in free roam with people. I can honestly say if I had to grind for money to be able to afford all the cool poo poo i've bought, I wouldn't have played for nearly as long.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
Are we all so bored with GTAO that we're willing to do the most boring and second worst part of the game to keep us entertained? (Races)

At least things like driving around the racetrack on dirt bikes while someone else tried to blow everyone up in an insurgent had an interesting gimmick to it.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Please tell me what the best parts of the game are. I'm new and don't have your obvious experience

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

Tony Montana posted:

Please tell me what the best parts of the game are. I'm new and don't have your obvious experience

Killing pubbies, doing missions in small groups (2-4 players has a wider selection of missions than 5+), going on rampages in the city, and doing heists the first 5 or so times.

Church Ladyboy
Oct 11, 2007

SQUAWK

The grind wouldn't have been as onerous if the whole experience had been more fluid.

If you could just hop from one instance to the next, the sessions were easily manageable, you didn't get dropped (or you stay and everyone else gets dropped), etc.

But it isn't so lol.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Tony Montana posted:

Hanging out with goons and doing utterly retarded poo poo.

Examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPhZxw1Wib0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeMerxHHbL8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h70u2Ny0emk

(2 are mine cos I couldn't find others right away)

You don't even need loads of money or hugely fancy cars to do this! We usually end up piling into one or two vehicles anyway.

Also, if you're low level and a poor and you want something fancy like a hydra or a tank, hanging with goons and just asking will probably get you one to borrow.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

If any goons are interested in running heists today, count me in, PSN Gileadexile.

Not A Bear
Nov 4, 2009
Dammit, just spent 15 minutes fruitlessly flying around trying to lose the 5 star wanted level at the end of the prison break heist - nothing i could do would lose the cops :(

Has anyone else had this problem? Such a waste of time after everything!

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
I sold my 6 car garage used for the pacstandard heist for a 10 car garage and bought the fastest car of each class that I didn't already own. Had to sell my hearse and news van though :( (I never drive them anyway)

Not A Bear posted:

Dammit, just spent 15 minutes fruitlessly flying around trying to lose the 5 star wanted level at the end of the prison break heist - nothing i could do would lose the cops :(

Has anyone else had this problem? Such a waste of time after everything!

Fly out to sea, eastern edge of the map. The more stars you have, the longer it takes to get rid of them, so it takes a bit. It might help to fly really high, then slow down -- that way if a helicopter spawns in front of you, you can dive the plane and quickly turn out of their line of sight.

UserErr0r fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jul 15, 2015

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

BitBasher posted:

Also the bomb goes away when you log out. Not sure about changing sessions.

Fairly sure Ignition Bombs go away if you switch session or log out.

Remote Bombs remain even if you log out. It sometimes bugs out but I usually have to blow up my cars after I get from my garage, even days later to modify it because I usually have a remote bomb in each one.

Sometimes they randomly disappear and leave you with the detonate bomb option which doesn't actually do anything.

Now I need a hearse though...

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

T1g4h posted:

I like having my sweet hacker money because it means I can constantly buy and sell whatever dumb car catches my eye at the moment and always have something fun to drive around in, or have all the Pegasus toys at my disposal for when i'm rolling with a bunch of Goons and we want to screw around. Like, yeah it kinda takes out the sense of progression in some ways, fair enough. But it also means everything is opened up and I can basically do whatever the hell I want and not have to worry about being able to buy ammo / armor, or not being able to afford to mod out a car because I spent it all on flashy clothes :shrug:

Hell, I bought the Airport Shuttle van on a whim one night just because I wanted something dumb that could hold a ton of people for dicking around in free roam. If I didn't have $20mil I wouldn't make dumb purchases like that because i'd have to worry about saving for actual, useful stuff :v:

e: I've already got 193 hours in this game, and 90% of that is loving around in free roam with people. I can honestly say if I had to grind for money to be able to afford all the cool poo poo i've bought, I wouldn't have played for nearly as long.

Speaking of hacks, has there been any on PS4 or Xbone? I could use some of that sweet sweet hacker money these days. haha

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

ExplodingSquid posted:

Speaking of hacks, has there been any on PS4 or Xbone? I could use some of that sweet sweet hacker money these days. haha

No

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

I'm sure you and your 37 dollars will prove to be quite the legal sensation

ExplodingSquid posted:

They may not be popular but they exist. I have definitely been in lobbies with some god-mode using dickheads.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

SisterFister posted:

They may not be popular but they exist. I have definitely been in lobbies with some god-mode using dickheads.

You sure that was god mode? On the Xbox One I've occasionally gone into Passive, done a mission, come back out and still be passive as far as no one being able to shoot me, but can still shoot back at them/use explosives/etc.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I just got my Legendary Motorsport rebate for my T20, sweet sweet funbux

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

I'm sure you and your 37 dollars will prove to be quite the legal sensation

Nintendo Kid posted:

You sure that was god mode? On the Xbox One I've occasionally gone into Passive, done a mission, come back out and still be passive as far as no one being able to shoot me, but can still shoot back at them/use explosives/etc.

I don't know for sure that it was god mode, but it wasn't that either because they were using weapons way above their level.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

SisterFister posted:

I don't know for sure that it was god mode, but it wasn't that either because they were using weapons way above their level.

If you cheated yourself extra RP back on the 360 or PS3, you kept all the unlocks when Rockstar restored your original RP level. There's gotta be thousands of dudes out there who still have weapons way above their level but aren't cheating at the moment.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Nintendo Kid posted:

If you cheated yourself extra RP back on the 360 or PS3, you kept all the unlocks when Rockstar restored your original RP level. There's gotta be thousands of dudes out there who still have weapons way above their level but aren't cheating at the moment.

Yeah the only thing that reverted was that they couldn't call their level-locked pegasus vehicle (but they still owned them).

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
if i just activated the mailing list thing did i make it in time for the rebate? t i a

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
From tomorrow until Sunday the Prison Break heist and some other activities will be giving double cash and rp. Plus discounts on high end apartments and other things that weren't stated on the R* Facebook page. Anyone want to team up on Xbone?

Just double checked, it looks like it's all the freeroam activities that are going to be paying out extra... I bet going after smugglers will be pretty cutthroat this weekend.
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...xscore_07152015

Anime_Otaku fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jul 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Duderino
Mar 28, 2003

If you're not into that whole brevity thing..
I'm very new to gta 5 online, just got it for the pc actually after playing the hell out of single player on the 360. Some knob is driving around in a somewhat invisible sports car and I don't seem to be able to blow him up and he kept killing me. This a hacker I'm assuming? I need to look into joining goons, playing solo online is pretty lame with other players like this...

• Locked thread