Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Relin posted:

I think I can get past how sinfully ugly MN9 is, but the fact that he makes a noise every single time he jumps...no I can't be doing with that

alcharagia posted:

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

I don't recall him doing that. Could you show me?

Anyway I don't think the Artstyle looks ugly. It has a simple appeal to it. It could look nicer for sure, but the style does not look bad enough to me to complain about.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jul 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

This thread has gotten incredibly weird.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Motto posted:

This thread has gotten incredibly weird.

It's always been weird. We're adults with Serious Opinions about a little robot kid in underpants who shoots lasers at other ridiculous robots.

EDIT: Or sawblades.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Hoo hah hwaugh! Hoo hah hwaugh! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! IT'S NOT OVER YET

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

alcharagia posted:

Hoo hah hwaugh! Hoo hah hwaugh! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! IT'S NOT OVER YET

Like video evidence. I saw some footage from E3. He did not make that many sounds in them. Some grunts and stuff every once in a while, but no worse then what we get from Mario in all games since 64.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Like video evidence. I saw some footage from E3. He did not make that many sounds in them. Some grunts and stuff every once in a while, but no worse then what we get from Mario in all games since 64.

Hot! Hot! Hot! Hot! Hot! Hot! Time to get serious!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

alcharagia posted:

Now your just coming across as annoying.

Seriously I just saw the game he did nothing like this.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

:ssh: they're quoting X4's verbal diarrhoea :ssh:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dabir posted:

:ssh: they're quoting X4's verbal diarrhoea :ssh:

The last time I played X4 was years and years ago. Plus the voice actors sucked their while MN9 actually got some good people.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Now your just coming across as annoying.

Seriously I just saw the game he did nothing like this.

Iwillshowyounomercy, now GET READY!!

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Anyway I don't think the Artstyle looks ugly. It has a simple appeal to it. It could look nicer for sure, but the style does not look bad enough to me to complain about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6QnWHf17vo

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

To be honest the recent footage is what turned me around from indifference to wanting to give it a shot.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Yeah I don't really see the problem here. Admittedly I haven't really kept tabs on anything other than hearing negative things from this thread whenever I open it up.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also I watched some other footage. (The English voice acting might as well add.) Beck only added a hup every 3rd jump or so. So more recent stuff may have made even less noise from him when he is on his own.

Recent impressions from press are saying it's really fun as well, given that it's out in a little more then a month so I am looking forward to it given that the positive feelings by actual players.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jul 21, 2015

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Most games these days have a separate volume slider for VA in the sound options anyway.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

See, this is why I was against having voice acting in the game.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Lurdiak posted:

See, this is why I was against having voice acting in the game.

As mentioned it was not that bad. Also as mentioned the version I saw had much less jumping noise.

Also I really like the voice acting. I like when a game has a story and the fact that the game now has voice acting means that you won't have to take your attention off the screen to look at the subtitles while playing like you had to during the beta.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

alcharagia posted:

BURN TO THE GROUND BURN TO THE GROUND B-B-B-BURN! BURN! BURN! BURN! B-BURN!

For actual content posting, voice acting is perfectly fine so long as it is never ever tied to an action that is not done more then once a half hour (or has enough variations you wont hear the same line twice half an hour.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jul 21, 2015

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Tengames posted:

BURN TO THE GROUND BURN TO THE GROUND B-B-B-BURN! BURN! BURN! BURN! B-BURN!

For actual content posting, voice acting is perfectly fine so long as it is never ever tied to an action that is not done more then once a half hour (or has enough variations you wont hear the same line twice half an hour.

I don't think I can ever make fun of Sonic Adventure's VA ever again.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I have finally gotten around to getting ZX Advent and I think I will pick the boy character because I want the canonical hero of ZX to have been the girl because she was cooler.

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014

Relin posted:

I think I can get past how sinfully ugly MN9 is, but the fact that he makes a noise every single time he jumps...no I can't be doing with that
At this point I'm pretty much immune to this kind of thing since so many platformers have done MM ZX games, MM Powered Up, countless Mario, Yoshi and Sonics... I think Gunvolt did it to.

chumbler posted:

I have finally gotten around to getting ZX Advent and I think I will pick the boy character because I want the canonical hero of ZX to have been the girl because she was cooler.
While Aile is pretty great, you're going to be missing out on a lot of booty by not choosing Ashe.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

pick-e posted:

At this point I'm pretty much immune to this kind of thing since so many platformers have done MM ZX games, MM Powered Up, countless Mario, Yoshi and Sonics... I think Gunvolt did it to.

While Aile is pretty great, you're going to be missing out on a lot of booty by not choosing Ashe.

Yeah, I like Advent well enough but they really should have picked a better euphemism for treasure than "booty" as it made for some awkward lines.

"You're my booty, and my friend"

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Screaming Idiot posted:

Because most anime fans are pedophiles united in the belief that children can become incredibly mature in a short amount of time, and should therefore be given the rights due to any adult.

Please start taking your medication again, SI.

Perhaps a stronger dose.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I watched an anime and don't want to gently caress children, Japan must be slacking.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

chumbler posted:

Are they not the same?

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

Raserys posted:

Are they not the same?

Nope.

They were largely the same in ZX - Aile had a slightly longer dash and slightly faster crawl speed (for the two times crawling was necessary) and Vent had less recoil, but in ZXA all charge shots between the biometal transformations (A, F, H, P, L, and ZX) are radically different.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Aile was just better once you got the recoil-negating item.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Welp. Red Ash is officially trending towards failure now. They can't succeed without a significant last day rush.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I think the weird new package deal thing just confused people more than anything else.

"So, we need to give them funding for the prologue, after which they say they will definitely also produce a longer and more substantial game out of... somewhere?"

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

I think the weird new package deal thing just confused people more than anything else.

"So, we need to give them funding for the prologue, after which they say they will definitely also produce a longer and more substantial game out of... somewhere?"

Even people who weren't following the news probably saw the complete game at 79 bux and thought "What the gently caress?"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

Yeah, the idea that it's built upon getting outside funding they haven't secured yet is not exactly confidence-boosting.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
So I never touched any of the Battle Network or Zero games, and have noticed a ton of them are on the Wii U VC shop. Which if any should I give a whirl and why?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Nate RFB posted:

So I never touched any of the Battle Network or Zero games, and have noticed a ton of them are on the Wii U VC shop. Which if any should I give a whirl and why?

I didn't like the Battle Network games, but Megaman Zero/ZX/ZXA has some of the fastest-paced gameplay in the franchise and is definitely worth your time and money. Do yourself a favor and try them out, I don't think you'll be disappointed,

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape

Nate RFB posted:

I would say to skip Zero 1 and play the rest. Zero 1 was a case of them having a bunch of ideas, and not all of them really being that great (grinding for charge shots), meanwhile Zero 2-4 are all pretty great.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Nate RFB posted:

As for Battle Network, 2,3, and 6 are considered the best of the lot. I think 2 and 6 are better than 3 too, FWIW.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I was under the impression that the Zero/BN games were kind of story-heavy, how feasible is it to therefore jump straight into the sequels.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

I was under the impression that the Zero/BN games were kind of story-heavy, how feasible is it to therefore jump straight into the sequels.

Generally very easy. Both recap the plots and basically the only important things regularly referenced are in the first game and are:

Zero
Zero woke up and discovered that the world was post-apocalyptic and being ruled by X. He fought X. Turned out it was a copy. Now Zero is stuck cleaning up messes,

MMBN

Mega Man.exe is Lan's twin brother Hub who was digitized to save his life when he died of a heart condition as an infant. As such they have ~special powers~ nobody else does.

arcsig
May 29, 2015

I really don't like jumping straight into sequels anyways. Even disregarding story, you don't get as good of an understanding of the gameplay changes if you haven't played the original. You're likely to enjoy Zero 2 more with the context of having played Zero beforehand. On the other side of the same coin, if you decide to go back to Zero after playing Zero 2, you might end up enjoying it a lot less.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Just got Rockman EXE WS in the mail yesterday. It plays like a Mega Man Network Transmission but less text and you just jump from stage to stage with no hub world. Its kind of fun since it plays like the first Mega Mans, jump, shoot, and slide. If anyone is interested there is a translation patch that does excited. Now I just need to get the Mega Man and Bass on the WonderSwan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Some cool pics from a fanmade remix album: