Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Nah, it fits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Quinquereme posted:

Hey chaos can you please elaborate on this - what do you think would be a much better explanation? And are you referring to an explanation for wins' actions here or for Amoeba's weird role or something else entirely?

So gamer denied being it but my thought was that it made more sense for gamer to be the wolfman. Consider their twins flip:

EccoRaven posted:

Town woke up to find two more people killed. Nth was stabbed in the chest repeatedly, blood staining his sheets and pooling around the edge of his bed. He was the Hall's gamekeeper, making sure all the stags, boars, foxes, eels, hawks, and so on were alive and well for Her Lady's pleasure. He was an ancient figure, having been with the Hall longer than anyone could remember, but it seemed as if it's true - all lives must eventually end.

:s: Nth Doctor, Auguste, Gamekeeper (town-aligned roleblocker), was stabbed to death night 3. :s:

Their twin was a gamekeeper that had been described as ancient. That word caught my eye because that's a word generally associated with more mythical things. It just made a lot of sense to me flavorfully, like the one twin became a gamekeeper to help control his brother (which is why his brother ends up town aligned). Gives town a nightkill, scum had their dayvig + normal nightkill, and then theres a 3p fireball guy out there.

Again, though, gamer said it wasn't him, so

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Quinquereme posted:

f_v this doesn't make sense to me - Spoonsy is clearly voting Amoeba because he'll be gone for a while and wants his vote down in case he's not back by the time the day ends. He is voting Amoeba because he also believes that wins had good reason for what he did. Why would you say Spoonsy is only voting based on where the thread is going?

I agree with f_v. It was such a lazy vote. "Wins saw something. Also I won't be around. Just gonna vote the voteleader." ...really? It's adding a vote without taking any responsibility for it. If Amoeba flips town? "Oh, well, hey, I thought wins had a result! Whoopsy!" They never mention Amoeba's alignment or any thoughts about them as a player. It's a complete vote of opportunity that has no downside for them because no matter the way it ends up they have an out. Which, of course, fits all their votes. Spoonsy has just been going with the tide the whole game.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Pretty sure ancient is just "dudes really old and been around so he knows everyone" as an excuse for the roleblock, not anything else.

Curiously I don't actually have that in my PM, though.

PS this is dumb, please die already. Clarent isn't scum team. You'd have better effort declaring yourself Clarent or something.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

I posted about ww in the mason doc, agreeing with merk on his impression of the post ww made. Regarding Hal, there was a succession of my thoughts in my post history where I had gut town -> needs to post more -> suspicious. It wasn't a "spin" like you're portraying.

Also, protip, it's bad form to link players who haven't flipped.

Your case is poo poo, try again.

I don't take advice from scum, scumbo. :coffeepal:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Gamerofthegame posted:

Pretty sure ancient is just "dudes really old and been around so he knows everyone" as an excuse for the roleblock, not anything else.

Oh no, I fully accept that I'm wrong and was reading too much into it now. Just thought I had found some big clue in Ecco's flavor.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yeah flavour is just flavour. I'm fully prepared to be smug post-game but I'll ignore my own instincts for now.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Gamer can you tell my why you're voting for me?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Your whole spiel at the end made it clear that you're something desperately trying to grasp at straws to survive while flinging blame on everyone else.

You're non-town trash. Also you have fifteen wizard powers and none of it can be good, especially if you're clearly not Clarent.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

ps Chaos, vote Amoeba please.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

My whole spiel was me running with the idea that Clarent is bad because of Punt's Insane cop result on Wins. If I didn't feel like the game was so precipitous I wouldn't have been going so hectic.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'm apparently grasping at straws to survive because I was grasping at straws to survive - this is circular logic. The votes are on me because of what I was saying, not the other way around. If I didn't speculate, which what was my entire spiel, then I wouldn't be getting voted out right now. The spiel is not a reaction to votes. The spiel is a reaction to flips and results.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amoeba I still think you are some sort of anti-town/anti-clarent badguy but I really like how you are playing it so thanks for being you.

I'd still like to vote you the most because I am pretty sure you are responsible for one of the NK's and there are too many of those out there that are probably all going to be targeted on good Clarent folk tonight, but my second choice would definitely be WWM and probably chaoslord after that.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Giving a serial killer 12 hours to talk themselves out of a lynch is a really cool power Ecco, you really are something else!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I am not a third party. I am no serial killer and I have no specific reason relating to my roles that say I have to get rid of the Clarents. It's entirely my speculating mind, and since no one cares what I think then I'll be happy to leave it till post game.

If you want to lynch clear scum, yeah just vote out WWM.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Gamer, I don't know what nerve I hit with you but I get the feeling your voting me for something I've said about you rather than anything else in the game.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amoeba102 posted:

I am not a third party. I am no serial killer and I have no specific reason relating to my roles that say I have to get rid of the Clarents. It's entirely my speculating mind, and since no one cares what I think then I'll be happy to leave it till post game.

If you want to lynch clear scum, yeah just vote out WWM.

If I find out you were lying to my face after the game Amoeba I am going to be very disappointed.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Hal, I wouldn't lie to you.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Amoeba102 posted:

Gamer, I don't know what nerve I hit with you but I get the feeling your voting me for something I've said about you rather than anything else in the game.

You're wrong, "friend."

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Still can't shake the feeling you didn't like me saying you were the town vig.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

didn't i vote you well before that

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

No, you commented on it in your last post before voting me. I had been rambling for a lot of posts by then.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Fair enough.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Gamer, what do you actually think I am?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

A wizard. I honestly think the fire kill being you is pretty likely, now.

If it turns out to be the case your avatar will be on the ball.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

So do you think I lied about being bulletproof? If I were the firekill, why would I try to end speculation on it being blocked or being a one off on D2 when a whole lot of players were claiming to be blocked?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Lack of forethought? Either way you're a weirdo and pretty melt-downy. As an aside, you aren't actually gonna get me to unvote you. There's probably two scumbos left, even if you were the weirdest loving townie we still wouldn't be hurting. After all, Clarent isn't scum.

Of course you're some weird 3p so it's fine.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

That's just insensitive all 'round. And all wrong.

I'm not sure what I find more offensive, that I lack forethought or that I'm weird, or melty-downy.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Gamerofthegame posted:

ps Chaos, vote Amoeba please.

I might move my vote but right now I don't see it. I'm working on re-reading Amoeba (didn't do it earlier because when I came back to the thread I saw a hammer so I figured I did not need to anymore), but in the more recent stuff all I see is a bunch of flailing around, which imo isn't alignment specific. People flail regardless of what they are if they think they are right and being pressured off the right path.

Basically, I have mixed feelings about what Amoeba will flip as and the votes are already there to make it happen so I don't see a need to jump on just to say I was part of the dunk if it goes well. On the other hand, I have a good idea of what Spoonsy will flip as so right now that's where I'd rather my vote be.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

would you rather have a mislynch

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

WWM is the scum in the cop group, not Spoonsy.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

And unless someone unvotes within 6 hours, someone will be back with rope and it will be :redhammer: anyway.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

chaoslord posted:

So gamer denied being it but my thought was that it made more sense for gamer to be the wolfman. Consider their twins flip:

Their twin was a gamekeeper that had been described as ancient. That word caught my eye because that's a word generally associated with more mythical things. It just made a lot of sense to me flavorfully, like the one twin became a gamekeeper to help control his brother (which is why his brother ends up town aligned). Gives town a nightkill, scum had their dayvig + normal nightkill, and then theres a 3p fireball guy out there.

Again, though, gamer said it wasn't him, so

This is a cool theory.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Yep, but I find it more likely someone will unvote then six people will show up and magic a vote onto scumbag WWM so, in the meantime.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Amoeba, what is your character name and flavour?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Gamer, the deadline is still the original, not in 6 hours.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Amoeba, what is your character name and flavour?

Richard Villapond, Steward.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I've been unavailable the last couple of days with work. What can I do to help right now?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Amoeba102 posted:

Did merk say who tried to investigate, or FV?

I tried to investigate Nth on the night I was roleblocked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Reading Amoeba in isolation, he sounds kind of scummy!

• Locked thread