Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

CortezFantastic posted:

A Stern-run website that would have access to clips from the show would never, ever be as good as the poo poo thrown on YouTube. It really is a bummer if they all get taken down.

People are really funny when it comes to video hosting sites. Think about the outrage when Netflix regularly changes their layout or content, or about the number of people who don't use Hulu or Amazon Prime because of the poor UI (myself included). If everything isn't exactly perfect on a new website, the users will complain and the content will suffer as a result.

If it was up to me, I would just find a way to monetize the episodes on YouTube, maybe put them up for rentals. $1 per episode or something.

Coheed and Camembert fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jul 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

So the show's Snapchat just posted a picture of a TV control room with the title "Mission Control".

They're rebuilding HowardTV which almost certainly means he's either re-upping or continuing somewhere else because there's zero chance they'd be doing this with 5 months left on the contract. Something is definitely up.

Gimmie a call when they reanimate ETM or give Richard his own daily one hour show. Until then I ain't paying for XMSRS again.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
I can't see the show continuing unless they get a whole new Wack Pack. Eric is dead, Hank is gone, when was the last time Beet was in? High Pitch Eric is at death's door, Hanzi is a poor substitute and Bobo being banned was the best thing he's ever done on the show. Jeff is in a purgatory state worse than death, Artie can't return and Benjy is loving torture in that seat. Frankly, as much as the show has given us, I'd rather see it cut its losses instead of putting out a mediocre product.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Beet was in last year and is possibly coming in soon. He's with Bobby at his place so I wouldn't be surprised. I don't disagree with anything you're saying I just wanted to let you know and I'm excited.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I hate Scott DePace but I really hope he comes back.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
All the TV guys are fine except for Doug Z. Goodstein. The baby clothes fight remains the most infuriating argument I have ever heard on the show.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

I love Jeff's lump.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Most of the HowardTV guys have moved on, some work at P Diddy's production company now. Greg Karmel, the last HTV to stick around after the shutdown, recently quit, and I remember the crew recently talking about Richie Wilson's farewell party since he's apparently moving to Florida. If Howard does resign and bring back a television component to the show, it would probably have to be with a new crew and outfit.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Anyone have any clips of Artie or Fred doing Jeff the Drunk impressions? I loving love when Fred, in his Jeff voice, says something almost poignant or on-point, it's so good. I want to think of an example, but I can't.

"Looks like you can't think of le mot juste, ya rear end in a top hat". /Jeff.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

kylej posted:

All the TV guys are fine except for Doug Z. Goodstein. The baby clothes fight remains the most infuriating argument I have ever heard on the show.

Oh man, that was the worst. I would have made a video of me setting fire to the clothes.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Worst thing Howard ever did was leave E! and set up Howard TV.

Hes gotta have all the marbles. That E! show reached sooooo many people.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

JB50 posted:

Worst thing Howard ever did was leave E! and set up Howard TV.

Hes gotta have all the marbles. That E! show reached sooooo many people.

He didn't have a choice there did he? Didn't someone else take over the E! Network who wanted nothing to do with the show? Also I could see it causing issues when they got to Sirius (why pay for a show when a best-of is being played on TV every night)?

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
For anyone who wasn't around for the Howard Stern Forums the Weekend Web did an article on it about a million years ago. It was basically a FYAD full of Sal Governales.
http://www.somethingawful.com/weekend-web/howard-stern-forums/1/

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Crotch Bat posted:

Oh man, that was the worst. I would have made a video of me setting fire to the clothes.

The followup video is somehow even worse than the initial argument.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiUl6v5X7vU

Doug and that yenta wife should both be thrown off a bridge along with those baby clothes.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Holy gently caress, I've never heard this baby clothes thing, and I am 1000% on Shuli's side. What the gently caress is wrong with Doug?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Normally you'd just chalk it up to a horrible, bored wife(she was stalking Facebook baby pics) being the overbearing oval office and forcing him to do this despite how humiliating it looks but Doug is such a weasel piece of poo poo you know he instantly shook his head in agreement.

This and the fight where Grillo and Gange won't leave Stuttering John's apartment are infuriating to listen to because there's not even remotely a place where a sane person goes "you know, they do kinda have a point".

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Crotch Bat posted:

Normally you'd just chalk it up to a horrible, bored wife(she was stalking Facebook baby pics) being the overbearing oval office and forcing him to do this despite how humiliating it looks but Doug is such a weasel piece of poo poo you know he instantly shook his head in agreement.

This and the fight where Grillo and Gange won't leave Stuttering John's apartment are infuriating to listen to because there's not even remotely a place where a sane person goes "you know, they do kinda have a point".

Bud I god no blace do go!

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

prefect posted:

Bud I god no blace do go!

I love the Grillo impression because almost anyone can do it. I don't know why it's so easy but it is, you just have to talk like you have a cold or zomethingg.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

I give you no bodaedos.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
http://www.gossipextra.com/2015/07/22/howard-stern-lien-house-unpaid-kitchen-cabinets-5055/

quote:

The company had a $926,466.71-contract for brand new cabinet in Stern’s beachfront mansion, and the last payment was due in April.

Stern and his leggy wife Beth paid $52 million for the property in 2013. Then, partly because Beth complained that her closet in their 18,000-square-foot mansion was too small, the Sterns decided to spend another $10 million on renovations that included a 1,000-square-foot closet for her clothes and shoes.

What kind of person do you have to be to work for a charity but then spend money on bullshit like this? A million dollars for loving kitchen cabinets? $10 million to add 1,000 sq ft (the size of my first apartment) to a goddamn closet?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bonzo posted:

http://www.gossipextra.com/2015/07/22/howard-stern-lien-house-unpaid-kitchen-cabinets-5055/

What kind of person do you have to be to work for a charity but then spend money on bullshit like this? A million dollars for loving kitchen cabinets? $10 million to add 1,000 sq ft (the size of my first apartment) to a goddamn closet?

She doesn't work for a charity; she works for an organization that gives rich Long Islanders a reason to throw parties and expect people to think they're good people.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Most people can't afford a house that big, but Stern had 900 Thousand GRAND to spend on his wife's closet while his loyal staff sleep in the left over boxes they paid him for.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
While poor JD Harmyer sleeps in a bus station locker, Beth Stern spends TEN THOUSAND GRAAAAND on a 1,000-square-foot shoe closet!

edit: 'sup axemaniac

Snark
Sep 19, 2003

no dice
I've never seen this video before but it's loving beautiful. Especially the last 10 minutes or so where Doug is awkwardly trying to joke around and play it cool in the hallway. The we watch a sad suburban man rant to himself while moving tiny jeans and sweaters from one bag to another.

"$21 from Barney's. Never used."

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

People who actually spend money on baby clothes should be smacked repeatedly. It's such a douche faux-nouveau riche thing to do that the people who do it should be ostracized and mocked for it at all opportunities.

Also I'm staring at that picture of Howard's mansion and trying to figure out the tiny 800sqft of it that Stern uses for 95% of the time he's in the place.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I'd never heard this before and I always have liked Doug and thought Shuli was a suck up but drat, Doug comes off poorly in this. loving baby clothes man.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Crotch Bat posted:

People who actually spend money on baby clothes should be smacked repeatedly. It's such a douche faux-nouveau riche thing to do that the people who do it should be ostracized and mocked for it at all opportunities.

Explain this point of view about baby clothes to me. I'm curious why you're so against buying baby clothes.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Ehhhh, everybody knows someone whose had babies, and they're so lightly used that they can be passed around practically forever. Plus, outside of winter little babies rarely need anything short of onesies. On top of all that, baby fashion can be really douchey and overpriced.

That said, weird thing to get angry over. Sometimes the poo poo is really drat cute.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Weird to get angry over, yes, but not everyone has access to absolutely everything they need from someone's secondhand stash, especially if that stash is either covered in dog hair (despite "being washed") or you're concerned at all about bed bugs.

Have any of you had bed bugs? It's a living nightmare.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Crotch Bat posted:

Also I'm staring at that picture of Howard's mansion and trying to figure out the tiny 800sqft of it that Stern uses for 95% of the time he's in the place.

I think the better question is if there is any section of the house that doesn't reek of cat piss.

(hint: there isn't)

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
If you give someone else your dopey baby clothes, kiss them goodbye and be glad someone saved you the hassle of storing them for another 40 years until you die.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
So...that stuff about Artie impregnating some poor woman was just a bad dream I had, right? :ohdear:

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

YeahTubaMike posted:

So...that stuff about Artie impregnating some poor woman was just a bad dream I had, right? :ohdear:

He mentioned it on his podcast briefly, he said its someone relatively famous and known.

People cant decide if he was kidding or serious.

Hint: Artie lies, Artie always lies.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

My money's on Carrie Ann Inaba

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Arie singing Bad Company and no doubt high out of his loving mind. Gets REALLY dark on the last verse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w21T5eLN1T8

And of course Gary TALKS through the whole loving thing.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

EngineerJoe posted:

Ha he wishes, he mentioned about his money going to the north for child support so maybe someone Canadian?

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

I'm a new listener and have been listening to all of the History of Howard Stern archives, just got to Gary's Love Tape and haven't laughed so hard in a long time :allears:

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

EngineerJoe posted:

Mine's on Adrian Gruh-neeeer.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Crotch Bat posted:

It's very telling that Scott DePace agreed with Doug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Bonzo posted:

Artie singing Bad Company and no doubt high out of his loving mind. Gets REALLY dark on the last verse.

I really love how self-aware Artie is. This song, and many other things he's said, seems to be him preparing his friends for his own death.