Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Just put in a request to join goonfleet if that's still going on. I'm still pretty terrible at this game and I always take heavy losses :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
At least now we can share replays so other goons can tell you how bad you are (and maybe give constructive advice).

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

I can win but that last run I did had 2 survivors. It's getting expensive and I probably need to upgrade my flares.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Requested to join 2legit2lift because appearantly Goons like this game.

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
Someone should try and merge the groups.

Riller
Jun 16, 2008
Applied to 2legit2lift to join up with goons.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I'm still under 30. I'm seeing a lot of resources bases with a ton of rockets. Any ideas?

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Rocket bases need tanks.

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
Goonfleet is being more aggressive regarding kicking inactives. I think we have 4 spots open and could potentially make many more.

If you accidentally get kicked we will get you back in asap.

Let's try and get all the groups together. I doubt any of us have very good tf participation.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
don't bother with resource bases they suck really bad

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Applying to 2legit2lift, still just starting out and goonfleet could probably find more useful active players to poach than a lvl 21.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
I'm a few hours away from HQ6, 2legit and Goonfleet both have open slots which one would I better for since I'm so new?

Dingle
Sep 3, 2003
Far car
Just requested to join 2legit2lift : Poppin' Hoppy.

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004

b0ng posted:

I'm a few hours away from HQ6, 2legit and Goonfleet both have open slots which one would I better for since I'm so new?

Can't speak for legit but goonfleet will take anything. A low level player is better than one that doesn't attack at all.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Requested to join Goonfleet. Same name as here. My last tf was boring as poo poo im hoping goons will provide some solid laughs at least.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
Hello friend goons at Goonfleet. I'm back from holiday and have a brand new phone with which to poop. Please accept me back and I promise I will attack things and only rarely make bad jokes tia

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Yeah, I'd like to get in on Goonfleet. Same name as here. I look forward to being terrible with other people.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

So I finally built a weapon's lab and apparently I need to raid bases for parts and the weapons aren't even permanent?

Do NPC bases count for parts?

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer
Boat Pirates are hovering at or slightly below 25 members. I've been trying to slowly weed out the inactives (without accidentally kicking people who just play infrequently) to avoid bumping it up to 50. If anyone is planning on taking a long break from playing (or stopping altogether) it would certainly make things easier if y'all could let us know here or in chat.

We stick to the somewhat easier ops and for the most part we get a little over 50% participation in them. Our high levelers kick rear end so it's usually no problem.

I'm in favor of consolidating all the TFs into one or two full of active players.

Jerk Tannon
Aug 15, 2001
Agreed with consolidating.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

So I just finished my level 8 HQ, and I'm wondering if I should use some of my gems to go straight to 9 so I can get the next landing craft?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

ShootaBoy posted:

So I just finished my level 8 HQ, and I'm wondering if I should use some of my gems to go straight to 9 so I can get the next landing craft?

Level 9 landing craft aren't that great. 13 Is a prime number so it only helps with riflemen. You really want all your LC to be level 8 so you can fit 3 heavies or 6 zookas in there though.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
he meant an additional boat dumpass

Upgrade your HQ to max asap even if it means using gems, having extra boats and troop unlocks is really good.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

Reik posted:

Level 9 landing craft aren't that great. 13 Is a prime number so it only helps with riflemen. You really want all your LC to be level 8 so you can fit 3 heavies or 6 zookas in there though.

I assume ShootaBoy meant getting a new craft, not a new level for his existing crafts.

Level 9 HQ is cheap (only 81k wood and 18k stone) so I'd say raid for what you can and gem the rest. New landing crafts are one of the best upgrades you can get.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Phelddagrif posted:

I assume ShootaBoy meant getting a new craft, not a new level for his existing crafts.

Level 9 HQ is cheap (only 81k wood and 18k stone) so I'd say raid for what you can and gem the rest. New landing crafts are one of the best upgrades you can get.

Yeah, I meant getting a new boat. I ended up getting enough stone when the resource boats rolled in this morning so I gemmed the last few thousand wood. Now I just get to wait 8 hours.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

ShootaBoy posted:

Yeah, I meant getting a new boat. I ended up getting enough stone when the resource boats rolled in this morning so I gemmed the last few thousand wood. Now I just get to wait 8 hours.

That makes sense now. Is there some sort of formula to figure out how many diamonds X wood or Y stone cost?

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Reik posted:

That makes sense now. Is there some sort of formula to figure out how many diamonds X wood or Y stone cost?

No.

On a very expensive upgrade, you'll find you get more wood/iron/stone for your diamond. You don't get a set 600 wood per diamond or anything like that. Sadly. Would be much easier to work out.

TATPants
Mar 28, 2011
Attention everybody: join GoonFleet. We want to consolidate the disperse goon task forces. We are your best option.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyenRCJ_4Ww

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer
You only have 4 open slots!

e: I can bump Boat Pirates up to 50 if there are any task forces with 25 or fewer people that want to consolidate.

Chubbs fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jul 30, 2015

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
We could make more room, probably.

Sassafrasquatch
May 7, 2007

Goonfleet is currently running an op that we will not beat. Anyone who doesnt participate is gonna get the boot. Im expecting at least 15 slots opening, maybe more. Hoping all the actives from pirates can come join us and those that dont play as much can reside in boat pirates.

Op just started so ill post back in here when the purge is complete.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

can i for just one time get a good master statue please

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Putty posted:

can i for just one time get a good master statue please

This is just karma for calling me bad for using poison spells on skeleton traps when hogging against dragon CCs :colbert:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Don't cross the threads.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Putty posted:

Don't cross the threads.

Would it possibly take the two poo poo storms that are the threads and combine them in to some sort of...supercell?

Sassafrasquatch
May 7, 2007

Well the threat of being booted actually brought everyone out of the woodwork and we wound up beating the op...

Stay tuned!

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

After appraising recent activity, a few slots have opened in Goonfleet. 6 to be precise.

While we love noobies, you'll have more impact on missions if you are level-suitable for Sour Grapes/Bottleneck and up. Post in here to say you're applying so we know you're a goon!

We're going to be actively monitoring attendance, and will make more spaces open as we see people slacking. In a perfect world, the goal would be that eventually all active Boat Pirates are at home in Goonfleet, so if the more actives want to start trickling over now, with newer and more casual players taking their place in Boat Pirates, we'll eventually take over the world or something.

edit: we realize that you may want to move over only when we have enough spaces for all the actives to move over at once. We are going to continue making spaces until that becomes a possibility.

Funso Banjo fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Aug 4, 2015

darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica
I have not done task force yet and am level 19. What are the task forces for and I'd there a difference between the forces?

Sassafrasquatch
May 7, 2007

Everyone works together to take out a couple overpowered bases for great riches. Join Goonfleet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

I killed a thing today. Hooray

• Locked thread