Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

OhsH posted:

how easy to transfer tracks to gsce from rfactor?

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rfactortools.1954/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

I... i can do autobahn south on gsce???? Oh my gee.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Bunch of stuff going on as usual. Another F1 2015 patch came out that's fixed a lot of crash issues and some multiplayer problems too. Also there's another free weekend coming up in RaceRoom so you can drive all the cars and tracks for free from Friday through Sunday. They're also going to be putting 4 packs on sale every week for the next 4 weeks starting with DTM 1992, Group 5, ADAC GT Masters 2013 and the European Track Pack.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

njsykora posted:

Reiza's crowdfunding campaign is in its final week and just hit 60% funded, so they'll add the rallycross track and Mitsubishi Evo rallycross car. They've also given the milestones for the remaining content.

70% gets Formula V10 and SUPERTRUCKS as well as a new UI and HUD, more rallycross layouts and Supertruck modified tracks.
80% adds the Copa Montana trucks and adds the Renault Fluence to the Copa Marcas cars as well as VR support and dynamic tracks (rubber build up etc).
90% is a bonus car and track from a backer vote, Interlagos' 2015 layout, reworking of the game's artwork and graphics and custom championships.
100% gets the Honda Civic for Copa Marcas, a new Formula 3 car and extra layouts to a bunch of tracks.

So basically 70% is the key number, which is about another $6-7000.
They hit 75% funding today, we're getting Supertrucks. :getin:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Bentai posted:

They hit 75% funding today, we're getting Supertrucks. :getin:

Holy poo poo that's some last week surge, we might get the Copa's and Marcas expansion too.

E: It's at 77% now, that thing's hitting 80% no problem. Also apparently Race Department have put up some official multiplayer servers with Reiza. 5 servers that each run a single track all day but rotate between cars every 8 hours. So there's now 4 official GSCE multiplayer servers running 24/7 as well as a Formula Truck server.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jul 22, 2015

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Stadium supertrucks will be really fun. I once set up a raptor in Forza with 800hp that was way down in A-class due to the weight. I kept getting booted from races by the hosts because it was slow and tippy in the turns, and then on exit it just freight trained passed everyone. I was racing clean but I guess it was shaking peoples ideals.

Here is a video on an AE86 who was trying to "pit" me, getting some instant karma.

https://youtu.be/56XQyn3e2x0

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
You do know stadium supertrucks are actually kinda small right?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

But Forza 4 didn't have stadium supertrucks, the raptor is the closest anyone could get. :v:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

So there's a hilarious shitstorm going up around Assetto Corsa because the Zandvoort track being added in the next update isn't laser scanned, but a mod that Kunos bought. So a load of modders have apparently threatened to stop making mods for Assetto Corsa. Also Reiza are sending out beta keys for GSCE, so if you backed the crowdfunding campaign (currently at 85%) check your email. Also the dev forum is open now on Race Department, and the dude who's been converting rFactor tracks just released Bathurst.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Wait what? They're mad that AC bought out a mod?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

holocaust bloopers posted:

Wait what? They're mad that AC bought out a mod?

Do you remember how mad people got when Steam made it so modders could charge for their mods? I'm guessing it's a similar "sanctity of mods being free" thing or some garbage.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Right but didn't Kunos do the same for some cars and the community rejoiced?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

So who's gonna drop 2 grand on the VIP backer, to watch Brazilian stock cars race at Interlagos?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

I have no idea, but laser scanning a car isn't really a thing (unless it is), so maybe that perceived step down in quality is also an issue?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
You never know really. How a hobbyist decides to scale and model a track.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Well, it will be the first official track that isn't laser scanned, won't it?

Barely-related: someone else needs to figure out a good bumper-scanning rig coupled with gps data so I can capture the malibu canyons for sim-touge enthusiasts everywhere.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I just through Reiza a few quid; I really like SCE and if throwing them some cash improves their game then that's good. They have all the things that I especially want already covered by earlier levels (stadium trucks, Formula V10, dynamic track + tyres) but I'm intrigued what awful rubbish people will get them to make if we get past 90% which is pretty likely at this point - they were down around 60% at the start of the week...

Besides; I don't have a copy of Formula Truck and I'd like to try it, and it makes sense to get it in the kickstarter and get

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Barely-related: someone else needs to figure out a good bumper-scanning rig coupled with gps data so I can capture the malibu canyons for sim-touge enthusiasts everywhere.
I would love to get the 14 mile loop of Mulholland/Stunt/Schuren/Piuma/Cold Canyon into a game.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Bentai posted:

I would love to get the 14 mile loop of Mulholland/Stunt/Schuren/Piuma/Cold Canyon into a game.

I would really like Tuna Canyon and Latigo so I can push on them without the whole death thing.

Friend put together this aptly titled "Turdburgring" as a possible antidote to morons with nurb stickers on their cars in the states:

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I never did try that out. I always came back down Big Tujunga into Sunland. And yeah, Tuna Canyon is nice, but knowing that people like to jog/bike the wrong way up that road. Anyhoo, I'm really surprised nobody has come up with a way to allow external GPS data as a way to create tracks.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Bob's track builder can do that.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

The mod cars were/are being added for free. I'm guessing this track is being included in a future paid DLC pack which is causing the agitation.

We definitely need more sim-touge.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jul 23, 2015

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Jehde posted:

The mod cars were/are being added for free. I'm guessing this track is being included in a future paid DLC pack which is causing the agitation.

We definitely need more sim-touge.

Nah, the track is part of the July update which is apparently also going to improve the AI. Though as this is Assetto Corsa that's a low bar to raise.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Well, it will be the first official track that isn't laser scanned, won't it?

That hill climb track Kunos released a while ago isn't laser scanned.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/cheap-alternative-to-laser-scanning.3053/

Here's a guy who built a dual camera rig for his car and software that can generate point clouds.

Fayez Butts fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jul 23, 2015

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Fayez Butts posted:

That hill climb track Kunos released a while ago isn't laser scanned.

Oh right, the one ported fron NKP that sucks for reasons unrelated to laser scanning. Good lord that is a boring hillclimb.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Welp, looks like Spa is the next track for RaceRoom.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

With a side of sexism because that's what boys crave!

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

96% funding for Reiza.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
loving lol thats sexism????

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty

Bentai posted:

96% funding for Reiza.

So just to be clear, everybody gets the content that is funded? Since that is what I've gathered from this crowd funding thing so far.

xzzy posted:

With a side of sexism because that's what boys crave!

I do indeed. It is also a harmless joke.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Torabi posted:

I do indeed. It is also a harmless joke.

Also completely unnecessary when you don't exactly need to dress up an announcement that you're adding Spa. Though I can't see myself buying that track without any open wheel cars to run there.

Torabi posted:

So just to be clear, everybody gets the content that is funded? Since that is what I've gathered from this crowd funding thing so far.

Everyone gets the content, but people who've contributed $25 or more get to play the beta versions of the content to do bug checking etc before it's put out for everyone. So the backers already have the Super V8s and Montreal modern, and from the looks of the screenshots that've been posted in the dev forum we'll have Velo Citta pretty soon too.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ziploc posted:

You do know stadium supertrucks are actually kinda small right?

Yup. But don't have anything else to compare to in a sim game. I was actually pretty close to building something similar in real life from a Ranger or Colorado/Canyon pickup. The problem is it would likely get stuck a lot since all the fun rallly style trails around here are linked with mud pits.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Jesus Christ it's a harmless joke, can we not try and wash all the levity and fun out of the world.. What is wrong with people..

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

OhsH posted:

loving lol thats sexism????

Yes, that is 100% sexism.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

*burp*

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

spa really is the de_dust2 of therapy resorts

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
I really hate the rapey resorts. They never do what you expect but surprise you instead with something you never asked for.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Reiza got 100+% funding. I gave them 50 since I know I probably wouldn't have time to play a new racing game beta but love me some GsCe stuff.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tony Montana posted:

Jesus Christ it's a harmless joke, can we not try and wash all the levity and fun out of the world.. What is wrong with people..

Look at this guy here with his weak tables. (kidding I could never get my bike horizontal either).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Dear everybody. Do whatever you can to get some track time oh my god this is so loving great.

• Locked thread