Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
I think it's just some introductory context for international audiences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Yeah you're right, it's late and I'm an idiot, it's all about Janner.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
Freddie Starr Groped My Hamster

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jul/10/freddie-starr-groped-teenage-girl-on-savile-show-judge-finds

quote:

Freddie Starr groped a 15-year-old girl while she was attending a Jimmy Savile show 41 years ago, a high court judge has found.

Mr Justice Nicol dismissed a claim by the 72-year-old entertainer for slander and libel against Karin Ward on Friday, “because her words were true”.

Starr sued Ward, now 57, over interviews she gave to the BBC and ITV, and statements on a website and in an ebook, in which she saidhe assaulted her in Savile’s dressing room and called her a “titless wonder”.

In May last year, the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) decided not to go ahead with criminal proceedings against Starr in relation to allegations by Ward and a further 13 complainants.

I wonder if charges will be brought now, considering. The proceedings brought up a lot of things that are now a matter of legal record.

quote:

Ward had told the court that Starr, who was not present for the ruling, had attempted to give her what was known as “a goose”. This occurred when a man “would put his hand under a girl’s buttocks and give it a squeeze and usually say ‘goose’ and, at the same time, reach for her breasts and say ‘honk, honk,’” she said.

:psyduck:

Murderion fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jul 10, 2015

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

As horrible as the context is I can't not laugh at the idea of someone having to explain that in court.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

60 Minutes Australia just did a report on Paedo-Britain, with new accusations and details of various lords sexual preferences when it came to little boys

http://www.9jumpin.com.au/show/60minutes/videos/4361923189001/

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

1. Currently the most prevalent form of decision-making in the western world

2. While you are correct in saying that the society owns

3. You have not for a second demonstrated here why

4. I love the way that you equate "state" with "bureaucracy". Is that how you really feel about the state

Brown Moses posted:

60 Minutes Australia just did a report on Paedo-Britain, with new accusations and details of various lords sexual preferences when it came to little boys

http://www.9jumpin.com.au/show/60minutes/videos/4361923189001/

I think I'm going to be sick.

At this point wouldn't it be easier to list people who aren't a pedophile in the British upper classes?

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

OhYeah posted:

I think I'm going to be sick.

At this point wouldn't it be easier to list people who aren't a pedophile in the British upper classes?

i do so in every post i make

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Exaro has details, including naming Lord Mountbatten as a paedo
http://www.exaronews.com/articles/5608/richard-kerr-names-powerful-men-who-covered-up-kincora

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

quote:

Sir Anthony Blunt, master of the Queen's pictures

Say it aint so Liz

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
What pictures? :barf:

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

4. I love the way that you equate "state" with "bureaucracy". Is that how you really feel about the state
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paedophile_Information_Exchange

:stonk:

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Why is it that the only people getting named or accused in the msm in the UK are labour? The Tories are going to turn this into a party things aren't they, and the newspapers are going to help them.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
I'm not sure even the Tories would stoop low enough to blame labour for having paedophiles among their number.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

stickyfngrdboy posted:

I'm not sure even the Tories would stoop low enough to blame labour for having paedophiles among their number.

Yes they would.

Whether they would consider it politically expedient to do so or not is another matter.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
I think there might be a bit of selection bias going on here because of the major political figures accused it's been a pretty even mix (if anything the Lib Dems and their forerunners are a little over-represented). What would be interesting would be to check how often the party affiliation is mentioned in the press copy compared to not mentioned - I feel like in particular every story about Janner has mentioned his party affiliation multiple times while Cyril Smith and Leon Brittan have just been called an MP or a Lord, although again that may be my selection bias showing there too.

(e: Parliamentary privilege is a wonderful thing, so I can uncensor one name from there: http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201415/cmhansrd/cm141028/debtext/141028-0003.htm#141028103001800 )

goddamnedtwisto fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jul 19, 2015

tdrules
Jan 12, 2014
In an era of Wikileaks and publications installing anonymous drop boxes, I'm amazed how well hidden these people's names are.

For example, I have a pretty good hunch at who the Sun are talking about today, but there's more chance of me being nicked for mentioning it than the hordes of people around the culprit who protected them for so long.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

tdrules posted:

In an era of Wikileaks and publications installing anonymous drop boxes, I'm amazed how well hidden these people's names are.

For example, I have a pretty good hunch at who the Sun are talking about today, but there's more chance of me being nicked for mentioning it than the hordes of people around the culprit who protected them for so long.
I'm surprised that the Scottish papers haven't dropped any larger hints.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

I'm surprised that the Scottish papers haven't dropped any larger hints.

As it's an active investigation and there's at least a tiny chance there might be a prosecution then naming them at least prior to arrest risks screwing up any future trial.

Yes, I realise how insanely optimistic this sounds.

Filboid Studge
Oct 1, 2010
And while they debated the matter among themselves, Conradin made himself another piece of toast.

Has Exaro been taken down?

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Filboid Studge posted:

Has Exaro been taken down?

Likely a bandwidth issue, they seem to having a hosting package from the late 90s.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I'll be surprised if I don't hear of vigilante reports after this entire decades long abuse of kids. Then again Catholic Church.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Annointed posted:

I'll be surprised if I don't hear of vigilante reports after this entire decades long abuse of kids. Then again Catholic Church.
There are (were) a few vigilante anti-pedo groups in the UK, but they mostly spent their time going after people in aol chatrooms saying "ur 14? thats hot." than destroying the systemic abuse in the care homes or the BBC or the government, or the high level coverups of the security agencies.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

tdrules posted:

For the politically ignorant, any hints? No matter how vague?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Any yanks who follow this stuff and might have an insight, you can probably safely say poo poo, just us subjects of the queen who will get old bill coming round.
Theres actually a proper US organisation set up to protect you from our lovely anti-free speech laws.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Couldn't someone set up a service on a US server that allows people in the UK to submit encrypted anonymous info about it privately, which is then publicly displayed?

(I'll set up the wiki)

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
the children's charity Barnardo's have said today that they raised concerns seven years ago about the child sex ring, from which six men were yesterday found guilty of child sexual offences

insufficient action was taken as far as we were concerned, they said.

quote:

When she was 12 or 13, one of the girls - known as A - was passed between 60 Asian men for sex and had been conditioned to think it was normal behaviour, the jury was told.

insufficient indeed.

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

quote:

When she was 12 or 13, one of the girls - known as A - was passed between 60 Asian men for sex and had been conditioned to think it was normal behaviour, the jury was told.

Asian? So they were Chinese, Japanese or Korean?

Oh no, they weren't. loving misleading media pricks.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

OhYeah posted:

In the UK we use Asian to describe those of South Asian descent. East Asia gets oriental or slopes or whatever Jeremy Clarkson is using currently.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Asian basically means "everyone who looks a bit arab" which is probably about a quarter of the earth's population depending on how racist you want to be.

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Asian basically means "everyone who looks a bit arab" which is probably about a quarter of the earth's population depending on how racist you want to be.

Doesn't work like that here. If you say "Asian", you mean China, Korea, Japan, Vietnam or the countries in Eastern Asia. Then there is Central-Asian (people from Caucasus), Indian and Middle-Eastern. To call a bunch of Pakistanis "Asian" is beyond absurd, at least where I'm from. I didn't even consider it could be widely spread in other parts of the world, my bad.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The UK apparently derives it's use of "Asian" from the original Roman, which is to say it starts at Mesopotamia and keeps going east.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
I see Sikh groups in the US refer to themselves as "Asian-indians" all the time in press releases and the like. The sub-continent is in Asia.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

OhYeah posted:

the uk had a lot of commonwealth immigration from india and pakistan, who have formed the basis of what they normally call "asian"

you idiot

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

stickyfngrdboy posted:

In the UK we use Asian to describe those of South Asian descent. East Asia gets oriental or slopes or whatever Jeremy Clarkson is using currently.

Or "East Asian", sans JC slurs.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

OhYeah posted:

To call a bunch of Pakistanis "Asian" is beyond absurd, at least where I'm from.

To call a bunch of Pakistanis "Indian" is a good way to get your head kicked in.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

It's almost as if both countries use Asian to describe the type of Asian they have the most of.

MrNemo
Aug 26, 2010

"I just love beeting off"

OhYeah posted:

Doesn't work like that here.

It's almost like that newspaper isn't based 'here'.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Doesn't seem likely, it must be those pricks deceiving us.

tentish klown
Apr 3, 2011

OhYeah posted:

Doesn't work like that here.

Well then you're in the wrong thread then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

MooCowlian posted:

Doesn't seem likely, it must be those pricks deceiving us.

They do it all the time, how many articles refer to Jimmy Savile as a catholic pedophile? Or the white pedophile rings this thread is about?

• Locked thread