Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.
Laibach is going to perform in North Korea what in the living gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

:stare::stare::stare::stare::stare:stare::stare::stare::stare:stare::stare::stare::stare:stare::stare::stare::stare:stare::stare::stare::stare:

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
I love them I love them I love them I love them.

Bitchkrieg
Mar 10, 2014

:allears:

I love them.

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.
I just hope they don't get executed on NK national television and become a silly SA Smilie.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
well, thank god I saw them in Denver this last time. :stare:

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

I have to assume that this is some sort of joke.

...that or Kim Jong Un really, really doesn't get their central joke.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Primitive Race vs. Pig is out. Nice to hear Ray again.

Portable Staplefrog
May 21, 2007

I wrote lyrics for Das Waffeleisen's first song. That's most likely as far as it will get.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I'M GOING TO GET TO SEE HAUJOBB

:pcgaming:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Laibach is the best band on the planet.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Omi-Polari posted:

I'M GOING TO GET TO SEE HAUJOBB

:pcgaming:

They were awesome when I saw them live. Daniel Myer is a great frontman. Really nice guy too apparently.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I Die: You Die with a very positive review of the new Volt 9000.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Friend of mine sent me some photos from the Tim Hecker/Lustmord show he's at tonight.

So jealous!

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!
My former partner and industrial music institution DJ Leslie died a few days ago.

I know some of the people in this thread knew her. Probably those people have already heard via Facebook, but I wanted to post here just in case.

gently caress death.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Twiin posted:

My former partner and industrial music institution DJ Leslie died a few days ago.

I know some of the people in this thread knew her. Probably those people have already heard via Facebook, but I wanted to post here just in case.

gently caress death.

Sorry for your loss, man :( Reading up on her, sounds like she was a really cool and pretty badass person and music lover.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

And just when you thought it couldn't get any better:

quote:

Laibach, who is soon departing on a tour to North Korea, is traditionally celebrating their upcoming major anniversary on July 4th in their native town of Trbovlje, where the group was established 35 years ago. The group will be presenting two concerts with a special program at the, so to say, ‘scene of the crime’ – the Delavski dom Trbovlje (Workers Home) cultural center.

The program will also include songs from the upcoming North Korean Liberation Day Tour in August, for which Laibach is reinterpreting the actual songs from the Sound of Music musical (The Sound of Music, Do-Re-Mi, Climb Every Mountain and Edelweiss). On top of it Laibach will also present its interpretation of selected Korean historic and popular songs. The concerts in Trbovlje will be followed by an open party plenum with barbecue and a social program at the nearby Mt. Kum.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Laibach are ridiculous and amazing.

Also, was not expecting Godflesh as one of the headliners at Resistanz.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I'm imagining a Laibach rendition of Edelweiss and I got the chills.

edit: I guess the idea reminds me of Across the Universe and Take Me To Heaven (the live version)

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Jun 28, 2015

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Has the Kickstarter for the Wax Trax! documentary been posted?

babyturnsblue
Jun 14, 2007

i used to dance before the discos came

Very interested to see this. I had to miss the pop-up store they did last year in Chicago :(

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
The BBC on Laibach's NK concert

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Judging by the snippets they've been posting for the last couple of days and the new single that just came out, the new OOMPH! album is a bit of a throwback to their mid-to-late 90s stuff - Dero is doing some vintage growly poo poo and I haven't heard riffs this heavy on an OOMPH! album since, like, Unrein?

Pretty much the perfect mix for me because I loving loooooove both old, heavy as gently caress OOMPH! and the newer, more mature OOMPH! that's leaps and bounds above their contemporaries song writing and sound design -wise.

Pretty loving excited for the new album and the show at Amphi NEXT loving WEEKK AAAAUGH

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
And John Oliver did a bit on Laibach as well. Fabulous.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Just think: last night, millions of people were exposed to Laibach.

What a glorious day.

Konstruct
Jul 22, 2007

I'm Going To Spread Saikyo All Over The World!!
Made a new music video for my project IIOIOIOII. Hope you guys like it. It was the most complex shoot/edit I've done so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_4rCpWh1TM

babyturnsblue
Jun 14, 2007

spamman posted:

And John Oliver did a bit on Laibach as well. Fabulous.

I'm not a Laibach fan, but thank you for this. It was amazing.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

I hope this is the place to post concert reports, because I want to celebrate the fact that, after something like 16 years of steady listening, and having had to miss 3 of their previous visits to BC, I finally got to see KMFDM last night! Fantastic performance. I'm also super excited to have seen Chant. I'd never heard of them before, but their performance blew my mind! The venue was really nice inside, but the sketchiest of sketchy Vancouver has to offer outside. There was a stabbing up the street a ways, about a half hour before the doors opened!

If you get a chance to see KMFDM and Chant on this tour, DOIT RIGHT loving NOW!!!!!
The Imperial is really quite an awesome place to see a show too. Shame about the neighbourhood around it.

This Chant group should really be riding around on the back of a war rig in the desert.

Edit:

a retard posted:

Looks like I'm going with a friend to the KMFDM show in Indy. What should I expect as far as the setlist goes?
Let's see what I can remember of what they played. I'll tell you off the top, they didn't play Juke Joint Jezebel.
My order is completely out of sorts, but here's a list of what I'm remembering singing along with at the moment. There's more, but I'm not sure I can recall the names of the tunes. In my defence, I was hung right over from a hitchin' on Saturday night.

Amnesia
WWIII - Lucia was on her game, with her voice carrying very well in the room.
Megalomaniac
Drug Against War
Attak
Tohuvabohu
Hau Ruck
Adios

edit2: Memory getting jogged. They also played:
Terror
Let Your Animal Out
Money
Shake the Cage
Salvation
Brainwashed

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Jul 22, 2015

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Someone put up the full setlist on Setlist.fm

KMFDM remains on the now kinda short list of bands/artists in the scene I haven't yet caught live but really really want to see some day alongside Covenant, and, I dunno, Santa Hates You? I don't even know what I have on that list anymore. I get to scratch off DAS ICH and DAF off it this weekend :woop:

edit: Oh and wouldn't mind seeing VOLT 9000 and IIOIOIOIOIOIOOIOOIOIOIOIO some day in Finland or elsewhere in Europe ;)

edit2: Konstruct your video is really lovely! Did you do it all by yourself?

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jul 22, 2015

Konstruct
Jul 22, 2007

I'm Going To Spread Saikyo All Over The World!!

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

Someone put up the full setlist on Setlist.fm

KMFDM remains on the now kinda short list of bands/artists in the scene I haven't yet caught live but really really want to see some day alongside Covenant, and, I dunno, Santa Hates You? I don't even know what I have on that list anymore. I get to scratch off DAS ICH and DAF off it this weekend :woop:

edit: Oh and wouldn't mind seeing VOLT 9000 and IIOIOIOIOIOIOOIOOIOIOIOIO some day in Finland or elsewhere in Europe ;)

edit2: Konstruct your video is really lovely! Did you do it all by yourself?

I would love to play through Europe one of these days. That endeavor would probably mean paying for everything out of pocket and praying I break even. The other option is lucking out and landing on a festival bill where the travel expenses are taken care of since I'm just a one man show.
As for the video, I had help with the camera work from my wife in the outdoor shots. Everything else was done with the help of a lot of coffee. Thank you for the praise though I'm really glad you enjoyed it.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Konstruct posted:

I would love to play through Europe one of these days. That endeavor would probably mean paying for everything out of pocket and praying I break even. The other option is lucking out and landing on a festival bill where the travel expenses are taken care of since I'm just a one man show.
As for the video, I had help with the camera work from my wife in the outdoor shots. Everything else was done with the help of a lot of coffee. Thank you for the praise though I'm really glad you enjoyed it.

Being signed to a European record label, especially one that has an event branch of its own, is certainly going to be helpful with that, I think! I'm sure you'll have offers coming your way sooner or later.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so I'm turning 21 on Sunday and then seeing KMFDM at Scout Bar in Houston the next day

how rad is it gonna be

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I desperately need to sleep, but the new Ashbury Heights is out on Rdio & Spotify.

edit: I want to have sex with a couple of these songs

teethgrinder fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jul 24, 2015

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln
Yeah, waking up with the notification in Spotify made my morning better

Edit:

teethgrinder posted:

I want to have sex with a couple of these songs

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Rabia Sorda's keyboardist destroyed his synth because his stand broke and then proceeded to play about half of the set without keys on the thing, also Erk threw pieces of the keys into the audience

Rabia Sorda is cool

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

So Amphi is kind of getting owned by a storm. They've had to cancel all open-air stuff today until like 19 o'clock and shuffle the bands around like crazy... Which is understandable and alright, or would be, if their flow of information wasn't completely crippled right now. They said they'd post everything on their FB page but there's absolutely nothing and the visitors are resorting to posting pictures of current timetables they have at the info counter. Why isn't the festival staff doing this?

And why the gently caress wasn't it announced ANYWHERE that Alexx Wesselsky has fallen ill? They had enough time to book a different band to replace them.

Weird poo poo y'all.

Also The Crüxshadows is terrible and lol if you like them.

babyturnsblue
Jun 14, 2007

Wow. I haven't heard anyone mention them in ages. They'd belong more in the "people I have nothing in common with that show up at goth clubs" thread.

You now what I want really bad? A Skinny Puppy Chainsaw shirt. I've been looking for over a year now, and can't find one in my size. I went so far as to make my own, but I can't get any of those t-shirt sites to print it. :mad:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

So, they managed to reschedule most of the stuff they had to cancel for today and tomorrow after all. I gotta say, apart from the weird lack of information until now they did pretty well, probably as well as humanly possible. I'm sure if Amphi was held at the old venue this year the whole Saturday would've been canceled altogether.

Now I'll just need to figure out if I feel like getting up early enough to catch [:SITD:] at 10:30 in the morning

Also The Birthday Massacre was pretty cool. DAF would've been better if they'd played like 30 minutes instead of 60, their songs really get samey after a while. Still was great to see those dudes, Gabi is a fantastic frontman.

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jul 25, 2015

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

teethgrinder posted:

I desperately need to sleep, but the new Ashbury Heights is out on Rdio & Spotify.

edit: I want to have sex with a couple of these songs
That song Piano is like if I got gangbanged by David Bowie and Duran Duran all at once.

This is true.

Now I'll just need to figure out if I feel like getting up early enough to catch [:SITD:] at 10:30 in the morning
If I were you I would, but I'm an [:SITD:] fan (dork).

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jul 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

babyturnsblue posted:

You now what I want really bad? A Skinny Puppy Chainsaw shirt. I've been looking for over a year now, and can't find one in my size. I went so far as to make my own, but I can't get any of those t-shirt sites to print it. :mad:

I have one :smuggo:

I wanted a tour shirt (cleanse fold) instead, but is seemed like they always ran out of them by the time their tours would hit LA - at least the first few times I saw them. I missed out on a vivisect vi tour shirt for the same reason.