Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randuin
Dec 26, 2003

O-Overdrive~
M Stripes? All I got from my dealer with the M6 was lovely front license plates :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

meatpimp posted:

These are the dealer side stripes for an X5 M, you guys are being unnecessarily dickish about some relatively unobtrusive side stripes.

Those are hilarious.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

My m3 has zero m badges. I am gay and poor though.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
The stripes rule gently caress the haters

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Dislike button posted:

The stripes rule

If you're 9

Mar 25, 2004

Man, I should have consulted everyone else before deciding to buy my car. Since I'm a total human being with poo poo taste, I guess I'll surrender my car to one of you purists who knows what is good.

It's the 2015, and these are the stripes

I happen to think they look great. It's an understated white SUV, which is the point, and I think the small stripes just add a little something. Anyway, I'm excited.

655321 fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jul 26, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

655321 posted:

Since I'm a total human being,

Sounds like you're ready for a Miata.

Mar 25, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Sounds like you're ready for a Miata.

I was probably ready for a Miata years ago.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

655321 posted:

It's an understated white SUV.

lol

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Looks bitchin'

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

655321 posted:

Man, I should have consulted everyone else before deciding to buy my car. Since I'm a total human being with poo poo taste, I guess I'll surrender my car to one of you purists who knows what is good.

I happen to think they look great. It's an understated white SUV, which is the point, and I think the small stripes just add a little something. Anyway, I'm excited.

Well, I like them. Nice choice.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I'm the designer who thought it was "too obvious" to run the stripes with the vent graphic. Also I don't get invited to parties anymore I'm not sure why

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Stripes are terrible, SUV's are terrible

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

drgitlin posted:

Well, I like them. Nice choice.

I like them too, they give it a nice '70s flair.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Stripes are awesome.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Not seeing the problem with the stripes, or any other dealer graphics people want to throw on their car. It's better than Metallic Champagne #2495.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Sorry the only graphics that are OK are the giant TWIN CAM 16 decals on the side of an AE86

Everything else is pleb trash

Randuin
Dec 26, 2003

O-Overdrive~

Nodoze posted:

Sorry the only graphics that are OK are the giant TWIN CAM 16 decals on the side of an AE86

Also tofu shop

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Randuin posted:

Also tofu shop

That goes without saying

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have a sticker that says "Mazdaratti" on the Miata so...

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
So many :qq: sorry that bmw makes badass fast striped SUVs instead of shitbox e36s now, maybe you should go change your entire cooling system about it?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Haha more like automotive sanity am i right guys I mean really what is with AI come on guys

People that can't take a differing opinion without posting all "WHOA OPINIONS WATCH OUT" are the worst.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Dislike button posted:

So many :qq: sorry that bmw makes badass fast striped SUVs instead of shitbox e36s now, maybe you should go change your entire cooling system about it?

the "badass fast striped suv" is more of a piece of poo poo than the e36, just sayin

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
I figure this is as good a time as any to post more of my badge blasphemy. A possum helped me take my front lip off, which might make some of you happy. Also I polished MAH TIPZZ.

edit: sweet tx for avatar

willroc7 fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jul 27, 2015

HorseLord
Aug 26, 2014

meatpimp posted:

These are the dealer side stripes for an X5 M, you guys are being unnecessarily dickish about some relatively unobtrusive side stripes.

I want this.

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh

Elwood P. Dowd posted:

I'm thinking of selling my S2000 because we got a tiny, smelly, drooly roommate recently. Been eyeing those but I can't decide if the lack of manual transmission is a deal killer or not. You like it?

GramCracker posted:

What up, S3 buddy. How are you liking your car?

I can't speak versus the S2000 having never driven one, but I am quite happy with it overall. I do have some minor annoyances, but that's true for all cars in their own ways. You'd want to make sure the trunk and back seat are big enough for your baby/dog's stuff. It's perfectly serviceable for my purposes though, and it's obviously a hoot to drive which is the point. People around here love domestics - mustangs, camaros, etc so it's also fun to have something different but not super flashy, especially with the winter wheels on.

El Scotch posted:

Those new plates look a lot better than the old ones that were around when I was a kid.

Is there even an Audi dealer in PEI or do you have to go for a jaunt across the bridge?

You can get a Goose, Trout, Lady Slipper :gay:, Fox, or Blue Jay. And yeah, I have to go to Moncton for an Audi dealer, which I generally need to anyway a couple times a year costco. I always enjoy the drive.

Randuin
Dec 26, 2003

O-Overdrive~
I feel like if you hate stripes it doesn't matter if they're on a SUV or not.

http://wms.tkcarsites.com/PagesOnTheFly/Assets/2222/0713-2014-bmw-m6-gran-coupe.jpg

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Randuin posted:

I feel like if you hate stripes it doesn't matter if they're on a SUV or not.

http://wms.tkcarsites.com/PagesOnTheFly/Assets/2222/0713-2014-bmw-m6-gran-coupe.jpg

I'm fine with M stripes on an M car, it's suv's I hate and trying to make them look sporty is just lipstick on a pig. It'd be like putting the Gulf livery on a Macan.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

davebo posted:

I'm fine with M stripes on an M car, it's suv's I hate and trying to make them look sporty is just lipstick on a pig. It'd be like putting the Gulf livery on a Macan.

All that needs to be completely over-the-top badass is some knobby tires, and some suspension to match.

Instead, it's the fat, smelly kid from high school wearing the varsity quarterback's letterman jacket.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Nodoze posted:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Nope

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

MrYenko posted:

All that needs to be completely over-the-top badass is some knobby tires, and some suspension to match.

Instead, it's the fat, smelly kid from high school wearing the varsity quarterback's letterman jacket.
This is equally applicable to the M5. It's too... pavement. SUV's don't do pavement.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

It was so cute for trying.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

655321 posted:

Stripes are gay, you're gay.

Just kidding, knock yourself out with the stripes, to each his own.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

IROC-Z

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

655321 posted:

Yeah, that's awesome.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I'm noticing a correlation between posters who typically enjoy stanced cars and people who like stripes on SUV's. Maybe the next step for that X5 is some wacky camber.

edit: vv wow I had to look that up. 19mpg highway, ouch.

davebo fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jul 27, 2015

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

davebo posted:

I'm noticing a correlation between posters who typically enjoy stanced cars and people who like stripes on SUV's. Maybe the next step for that X5 is some wacky camber.

You mean it doesn't come that way from the factory already? What is their excuse for the MPG, then?

Here is my new car. It's a SAAB.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Jesus christ you motherfuckers are even more butthurt over stripegate than you were over badgeghazi, holy gently caress, it's loving stickon poo poo that has zero impact on anything and is entirely a matter of personal opinion.

Here is my silly car, I put some custom brown offroad pinstriping on it 4-wheeling yesterday while testing my repairs but can wash it off whenever I want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Nodoze posted:

the "badass fast striped suv" is more of a piece of poo poo than the e36, just sayin

The car is hardly a piece of poo poo and runs fast even on a track or at the drag strip. I was simply giving our friend here some good-natured poo poo about tarting up his $100k SUV with $800 in dealer-applied Pep Boys vinyl before the shitstorm above started.

Thank you, 655321, for being the guy to buy/lease and take the depreciation hit on the car that could be a good replacement for our E70 X5M in a few years.