Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I will probably vote Anarc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Hi all - this is more of a quick post to explain that I probably won't be around until tomorrow evening night-ish. Sorry I wasn't around at deadline, I ended up falling asleep super early.

I don't want to go too heavy into casing until I have more time to specifically dedicate to it, but I will say that I think the ANarc case has merit. Combination of PMom's/Keane's reads and the fact that there was such resistance to an ANarc vote and a seemingly easy push to the yuming one.

merk posted:

Yeah, pretty rough news for the Hulkster. Guess I'm dropping the PR.

The timing of this game and Hulk Hogan being fired is pretty crazy - I'll admit that I heard the news on the radio and immediately thought of you :ohdear:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Rereading MurmurTwin, she had a scum read earlier on yuming but never voted her. Instead she ends up voting Ecco later when there was one other vote on Ecco.

I think the Ecco vote was a coordinated way to split the scum voting. I think CPig was on the lynch, Ecco on the other viable candidate and MMT hanging a lonely vote out on Ecco to give the impression of engaging but not committing. I'm leaning towards 5 scum, don't have great reads on anyone else as yet.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
are you calling me scum there? I'm confused. I was AFK for all of Thursday evening EDT since I was out getting dinner with a friend; when I came back I read the thread and voted for Anon. I think I was voting for Opop or Goo before but regardless I remember checking the votecount that morning and seeing there were like three people with 2 votes and a bunch of one-voteds and that's it.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
oh no wait I get it you're calling Anon town and saying me, MMT, and Cpig were scum. And then MMT and Cpig decided to vote me for no reason and then did some other things.

Yeah no that's dumb.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

EccoRaven posted:

are you calling me scum there? I'm confused. I was AFK for all of Thursday evening EDT since I was out getting dinner with a friend; when I came back I read the thread and voted for Anon. I think I was voting for Opop or Goo before but regardless I remember checking the votecount that morning and seeing there were like three people with 2 votes and a bunch of one-voteds and that's it.

I was already calling you scum, that post was me calling MMT scum.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Birdstrike posted:

I was already calling you scum, that post was me calling MMT scum.

You're calling me scum for dumb reasons though. I've told you this before and you just sorta ignored it?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
yeah birdstrike I just reskimmed your post history and the only times I've seen you call me scum are:

- when people voted and unvoted me (in a way that you viewed as weird and that I, the person for who was actually being voted, felt was totally organic and normal)
- because I think scum were more likely on the yuming vote than the Anon vote
- because I think you're town and had the audacity to say so out loud.

if you have other reasons I would love to address them with you, I'm here all night.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

EccoRaven posted:

You're calling me scum for dumb reasons though. I've told you this before and you just sorta ignored it?

The "dumb reasons" are your idea that scum don't bus their scumbros, which is actually a massive scum tell. In my experience successful scum need to bus their team, and virtually every scum win I've seen has been because town convince themselves that scum won't vote each other.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Birdstrike posted:

The "dumb reasons" are your idea that scum don't bus their scumbros, which is actually a massive scum tell. In my experience successful scum need to bus their team, and virtually every scum win I've seen has been because town convince themselves that scum won't vote each other.

- scum bus their buddies but they bus them way less than townies assume. townies are so willing to dismiss even the hardest anti-scum voters as "potentially bussing, it doesn't clear them," and it's really really dumb. almost all of my wins as scum come from aggressively not bussing my buddies, and though no other player in our community is as anti-bussing as I am, it's still just not customary for scum to bus as much as townies (and you) think.

- I never once said "oh player X voted for Anon who is definitely and totally scum, therefore player x is definitely and totally town!!". my stance was way more nuanced: I'm still not convinced Anon is scum, but if she is, I looked at the players who voted for her and none of them pinged my gut as scum, whereas a number of the yuming voters do bother me (Opop comes to mind). I mean, it's not secret knowledge: do you feel like any of the players on her vote are particularly scummy? (I mean obviously you think I'm scum but you think I'm scum for this reason and I want you to be objective for a second.)

- you're problem with me is that you're assuming I'm putting the cart before the horse when that's not the case at all. I'm looking at the individual players and gauging how they make me feel, and it just so happens that a number of players I think are town (Keane, PMom, and obviously yuming) happened to be voting for Anon rather than yuming.

I dunno how they do things in auspol but I'm not pulling these things out of my rear end, and I'm a little offended you think this is my first rodeo or whatever.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I've been a lot more boring this game, here let me try and weird stuff up:

• Even though I think you're scummy Ecco I like your participation and I hope there is a literature composition kind of challenge.
  • Romans go home, especially QuoProQuid
  • merkamania talks tough but if you keep running away from him in the tournament I expect he'll have a cardiac episode.
  • I forgot

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I wouldn't be opposed to one. I would like also to know when the challenge will be; I'm busy most of tomorrow (seeing a movie with my roommate [the new amy schumer movie] and then skyping with a friend for a few hours [which involves {a lot} of wine]) but I'm very free Monday.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Ecco I'm sorry for talking down your mafia experience, I think we're used to different styles of play. Also

Birdstrike posted:

I am a stupido.

I'm willing to read back on the basis that AnonNarc is a scum, the day is yet young.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little birdstrike? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my generation in Mafia Scumhunting, and I’ve been involved in numerous scumteams against Tom Tucker, and I have over 300 confirmed nightkills. I am trained in the art of busssing and I’m the top dayvig in the entire SA mafia community. You are nothing to me but just another voter. I will wipe you the gently caress out with persuasion the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, merk my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over the Internet? Think again, lurker. As we speak I am contacting my scumdoc of ninja assassins across the game and your username is being traced right now so you better prepare for the hanging, maggot. The hanging that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re loving dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can turbo you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my one vote. Not only am I extensively trained in casemaking, but I have access to the entire archive of the SA Mafia Wiki and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the continent, you little scum. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will vote fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re loving dead, scumbo.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

You'll have to catch me first ;)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

##vote: Narco

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Anarc

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
##vote narco

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well that's encouraging.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Uuugggghhhh.

##Vote: Narco

Opopanax posted:

Well that's encouraging.

What?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Narco, please claim.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Whoa chill out guys. I guess I have to claim to not die today. I'm a town inventor. I have 4 items, and can give out 1 each day. I have to ask exakt something and then I'll give one out to whoever we think is towniest. Just give me a minute. Don't kill me.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

QuoProQuid posted:

Uuugggghhhh.

##Vote: Narco

What?

This is a scummy vote. It's not like it's down to the wire and you need to hammer. There aren't even that many votes on me. You haven't expressed any opinion on me before and now you're just jumping on the bandwagon.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!
Huh. That's a lot of pressure out of the gate.

I'm not liking a lot of stuff going on this game. Something about the number of blitzes is bothering me.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

OmegaGoo posted:

I'm not liking a lot of stuff going on this game. Something about the number of blitzes is bothering me.

One.

There has been one blitz, early in the day and with sufficient time to change and such.

Please tell me what you mean by this.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

OmegaGoo posted:

Unless what you mean is "I would like to say something without actually having to express a firm opinion so I can slide along without drawing attention to myself and my scum alignment", in which case yes, that post is accurate.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Nope.

The deadline blitz from yesterday doesn't count, then?

The issue I'm having here is that yuming wasn't scum, I'm quite certain Anon isn't scum (this was even before her claim), and that everyone in the game was willing to bet it was one of those two.

Take your mislynch and shove it somewhere useful.

##vote imgay

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

OmegaGoo posted:

Nope.

The deadline blitz from yesterday doesn't count, then?

The issue I'm having here is that yuming wasn't scum, I'm quite certain Anon isn't scum (this was even before her claim), and that everyone in the game was willing to bet it was one of those two.

Take your mislynch and shove it somewhere useful.

##vote imgay

Can you make a case on imgay or what? Or a case defenind Narco? Because just making broad declarations and saying it is a misexecution is scummy as hell.

As an aside here, I still think omega Goo is scum. I believe more strongly that Narco is scum, but this is scummy and I don't think Goo has done anything to change my mind.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Imgay has done, quite literally, nothing this game.

Anon was quite clearly not for a yuming lynch until the hammer. If she wanted to, she could have voted that a lot earlier without arousing suspicion. I'll reread further in a second (phoneposting).

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OmegaGoo posted:

Imgay has done, quite literally, nothing this game.

Anon was quite clearly not for a yuming lynch until the hammer. If she wanted to, she could have voted that a lot earlier without arousing suspicion. I'll reread further in a second (phoneposting).

As opposed to you

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote OmegaGoo

You seem pretty certain Anarc is town for no reason I can discern.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

##vote OmegaGoo

You seem pretty certain Anarc is town for no reason I can discern.

I don't disagree with this, obviously, but I think Narco is better for now.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
OmegaGoo also irked me earlier today when he said the Yuming case was weak after the fact without analyzing how that statement advances scum hunting discussion today.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

OmegaGoo posted:

Roy isn't the only one who got an item. Everyone who had a key at the end, including TMM, got an item. Keep that in mind.

--------

So for the yuming bandwagon:

Merk had his case.

The next three votes were "I agree with this case, and will vote yuming."

The next three were "Well, it's either yuming or narc, and I think yuming is scummier."

QPQ trusted merk's gut.

Narc and Garth hammered.

Merk seemed to be the only one to actually put any thought into that case. I thought it was a pretty weak case.

MMT was not on the bandwagon, but had she been here around the deadline, I believe she would have voted for yuming, so consider her on the bandwagon.

Based on what we see here, I find QPQ's vote the scummiest, although I am not fond of opop's vote either.

This post. If you thought it was a weak case where were you yesterday trying to get us to lynch someone else? What does the weak case say about alignment? How can you say QPQ made the scummiest vote and then not vote him?

This dude isn't scum hunting.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm fine with AN, Goo or QPQ today. They all seem scummy.

Also, won't be around much until Monday night due to travel.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

merk posted:

This post. If you thought it was a weak case where were you yesterday trying to get us to lynch someone else?

At a birthday party.

quote:

What does the weak case say about alignment?

That opop and QPQ made questionable reasoning for their votes based on their timing.

quote:

How can you say QPQ made the scummiest vote and then not vote him?

This dude isn't scum hunting.

Because this is my third game in SA and I'm still refining my methodology.

Opop, QPQ, and imgay for scum.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Keane what do you think of my alignment in light of my claim?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Keane what do you think of my alignment in light of my claim?

I believe you claim since it is provable, but it doesn't have an impact on my opinion of your alignment.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I don't see what use a scum inventor would be since if they gave items to scum buddies it would be really obvious. Shrug.

##bestow shield on merk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'll give one out to whoever we think is towniest.

##bestow shield on merk
:raise:

• Locked thread