Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

sertalman posted:

It's a line of dialog that Geralt says if you reject the assassination plot at the last moment, but isn't Dijkstra supposed to know about Ciri anyway if you asked him for help earlier?

Does he actually tell Dijkstra about Ciri then? I thought he left it out of the conversation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Ravenfood posted:

Well, if you'd only played the games, the horror involved with creating new Witchers wasn't exactly that clear. All I remember at the time was that the techniques were lost. That's kind of a rationalization after the fact, no?

Hmm. I don't remember how much was revealed in the first two games anymore. Berengar says he was forced into being a witcher in the first game, the sterility thing is common knowledge, I vaguely recall that you know about most witchers being orphans, but I can't recall if the survival rates of the trials are mentioned before the end of W2.

Sunning posted:

There's actually an exchange during the first Letho fight in The Witcher 2. Letho said he didn't plan on making him take the blame and it was Geralt's fault for acting as a bodyguard for a warmonger. He actually thought of Geralt as a friend up until the end.

Yeaaaah like Foltest is the warmonger between him and Emreis.

Precambrian Video Games fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jul 29, 2015

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
The way he talks in the finale, Letho was primarily doing it because it was a way for the other already existing Viper witchers to have a safe place to come home to. That, and he was in no position to refuse Emhyr, of course.

Foltest is as much a warmonger as Emhyr. He's annexed either diplomatically or through military action several of his neighbors, took some of the Pontar valley from neighboring Aedirn, and the game opens with him prosecuting a civil war caused by his hosed up family life.

Foltest is not a nice man. None of the rulers in the setting are.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Palpek posted:

What also shows that Letho didn't set Geralt up was that Letho tells him that when he saw Geralt behind Foltest shortly before assassination he was sure he's done for by this freak coincidence because Geralt should immediately recognize him. That's when he learned that Geralt has amnesia (or that Geralt's amnesia isn't just a gossip, I don't remember) which let him go through with the plan.

I must say that the last conversation with Letho in Witcher 2 was extremely satisfying. You could really ask the guy about everything and get answers to most of the questions. It could be so long (if you wanted to) that by the end of it you had a feeling that the game really wrapped up and fighting him isn't necessary to get closure. I thought that was very nicely executed from a game design point of view.

One of my favorite ! mini-quests is on Skellige where you meet that swords-woman laughing that no one can best her with a blade and she challenges you. If you cast a sign she calls you a fraud and mocks you for using magic on "a defenseless woman" but if you win she invites you back to her place. She apparently promised Freya she'd save herself for the man who could best her with a sword. :quagmire:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

eXXon posted:

Hmm. I don't remember how much was revealed in the first two games anymore. Berengar says he was forced into being a witcher in the first game, the sterility thing is common knowledge, I vaguely recall that you know about most witchers being orphans, but I can't recall if the survival rates of the trials are mentioned before the end of W2.

One of the first things Triss mentions in Witcher 1 is that the witcher creation process has a crazy high mortality rate. Even the dietary portion (where they feed the kids various herbs, teas, and mushrooms to prep their bodies for the Trial of the Grasses) causes trauma or death in about half of the candidates.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Witcher candidates are fed an organic, non-GMO diet for a period of time in an idlyic, serene environment connecting with nature and shortly afterward given a massive dose of GMO-as-gently caress potions and concoctions altering their bodies forever to serve as soldiers against the battle against monsters for the rest of their violent lives. Yeah, pretty grim. You'd think people would be a bit more sympathetic, but perhaps most of the population has zero idea how this happens.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

There's that one retired wealthy witcher with a family in Novigrad so it's not that bad. Lambert wants him violently dead though so I guess a witcher's life will haunt you forever anyway because there's no way you won't create mortal enemies during your "career".

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Witchers are GMOs.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Palpek posted:

There's that one retired wealthy witcher with a family in Novigrad so it's not that bad. Lambert wants him violently dead though so I guess a witcher's life will haunt you forever anyway because there's no way you won't create mortal enemies during your "career".

Well you could just not be a dickhead. I bet Eskel doesn't have any mortal enemies.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
One thing that I figured while chomping down on hundreds of food items throughout the best eating competition RPG ever is that all these things that witchers are capable of probably require a ton of energy to accomplish, so it might be rational that we're constantly eating all day long in this game. Geralt could literally be eating beef jerky while beheading a drowner. Tissue growth requires proteins so unless each swallow potion is super-creatine with a liquid power bar (maybe that's what those monster parts are really for?), you've gotta out-eat Kobayashi probably. A lot of witchers may have even done terrible things only because they're hangry. The struggle of witcher hunger is real in my view of the Witcher universe :negative:

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

necrobobsledder posted:

One thing that I figured while chomping down on hundreds of food items throughout the best eating competition RPG ever is that all these things that witchers are capable of probably require a ton of energy to accomplish, so it might be rational that we're constantly eating all day long in this game. Geralt could literally be eating beef jerky while beheading a drowner. Tissue growth requires proteins so unless each swallow potion is super-creatine with a liquid power bar (maybe that's what those monster parts are really for?), you've gotta out-eat Kobayashi probably. A lot of witchers may have even done terrible things only because they're hangry. The struggle of witcher hunger is real in my view of the Witcher universe :negative:

Just use active Quen to directly convert kinetic energy into chemical energy for your body.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Did I already mention how I wish there was an eating/feasting contest minigame? Maybe somewhere in Skellige? I think it would be hilarious for Geralt, Zoltan, and Hjarmar to each have a table of food and be trying to out-do each other. the potion/toxicity system could just be re-purposed for this one event and it would be really funny.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

GrossMurpel posted:

Well you could just not be a dickhead. I bet Eskel doesn't have any mortal enemies.

I haven't done the quest yet myself, but I bet that Cat School Witcher you meet doesn't have any mortal enemies, because, well... he just killed any enemies.

And their families.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

necrobobsledder posted:

I think somebody did some back-of-the-envelope math and figured that each candy bar in DX:HR must contain something like 50,000 kcal. Adam and Geralt would make ideal lunch companions. I'd love to see how Mr. "I didn't ask for this" would respond to the Trial of the Grasses.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Jack of Hearts posted:

I think somebody did some back-of-the-envelope math and figured that each candy bar in DX:HR must contain something like 50,000 kcal. Adam and Geralt would make ideal lunch companions. I'd love to see how Mr. "I didn't ask for this" would respond to the Trial of the Grasses.

I assumed that candy bars in DX are like the Cyborg food in Ghost in the Shell.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
I registered on the CDPR forums to ask them how the Witcher 2 continuation options (import/simulate Witcher 2 save) will work with New Game+. No reply yet. But the NG+ thread is completely full of geniuses who are mad as hell that their gwent cards will not carry over into NG+. For example (bolding in original):

quote:

But we really don't want to collect gwent cards again from scratch. There's no fun in doing so. That's the point you perhaps fail to understand.

This one poor design decision breaks the enitre NG+ concept, because it becomes un-fun. Quite simple really....

quote:

Basically, it just hits the soft spot of the Collector in all of us.
People love to collect things (escpecially guys).
We collect everything - girls (just look at Geralt), cars, games, pens, watches, swords, you name it.

Now we have this beautiful collection of Gwent cards, that we worked long and hard to get, and it's being taken away from us? NO WAY. NO HOW.

Imagine you've been collecting car(d)s for the last 10 years.
Then you move into a new house, and you have to leave all those car(d)s behind to get scrapped. How would that make you feel?

Later on they're discussing how already having every card would not break any quests and how it would actually be super fun to be able to trivially win every gwent match in the game from the very beginning. :downs:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

jaete posted:

I registered on the CDPR forums to ask them how the Witcher 2 continuation options (import/simulate Witcher 2 save) will work with New Game+. No reply yet. But the NG+ thread is completely full of geniuses who are mad as hell that their gwent cards will not carry over into NG+. For example
When I heard they were doing NewGame+ I was really hoping Gwent would carry over - I want to play a deck other than Northern Realms and you cant do that until the very end of the game if you have to start from scratch. I'm not going to go on a tirade about it but I actually do agree that Gwent not carrying over kinda sucks.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

jaete posted:

I registered on the CDPR forums to ask them how the Witcher 2 continuation options (import/simulate Witcher 2 save) will work with New Game+. No reply yet. But the NG+ thread is completely full of geniuses who are mad as hell that their gwent cards will not carry over into NG+. For example (bolding in original):

Later on they're discussing how already having every card would not break any quests and how it would actually be super fun to be able to trivially win every gwent match in the game from the very beginning. :downs:

They're right, though. You basically can't play Monsters of Scoia'tael at all until the end of the game, and because you get random rewards, you can't even just go play the guys you need to get the cards that you want. Gwent should carry over.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Snak posted:

They're right, though. You basically can't play Monsters of Scoia'tael at all until the end of the game, and because you get random rewards, you can't even just go play the guys you need to get the cards that you want. Gwent should carry over.

This is a far more valid argument than what was presented.

A good compromise might be you keep any "regular" cards you have but lose all the heroes.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Speaking of which, I cannot beat Sasha in the high stakes tournament. It's impossible. I guess I need to back all the way out of the tournament and find some more cards. Are there more places to buy gwent cards? I haven't seen a vendor with gwent cards for over 100 hours. I only have 2 medics and 3 spies, and just can't compete anymore.

edit: Yes I'm not agreeing with the crazy sexist bullshit arguments that they are making. holy poo poo. I just meant they are backing the right horse.

edit2: also, do NPCs cheat with their deck composition? I feel like they always have impossibly tiny decks considering you have to have 22 creatures. I think I made a deck with no special cards once, and my opponent still had a smaller deck than me. Am I remembering wrong?

Snak fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jul 29, 2015

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
As I understand it the cards not carrying over is to prevent quests from being broken, so it's not a question of balance anyway. You would have to lose every card that was a quest reward. Which, frankly I could live with. I'd rather not go collecting and buying all those cards again. The quest ones were the easiest part once you got a few decent cards in there. I just hated compulsively talking to every merchant to see if they played Gwent and if I had done so before. And finding every bartender so I could buy all their cards.

The nice thing is that there are more Gwent-playing merchants than random cards and if cash carries over I'll be able to buy anything I want at all times. So I may try collecting all the cards again just to see how easy or hard it is not knowing where the cards are found or sold.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Snak posted:

Speaking of which, I cannot beat Sasha in the high stakes tournament. It's impossible. I guess I need to back all the way out of the tournament and find some more cards. Are there more places to buy gwent cards? I haven't seen a vendor with gwent cards for over 100 hours. I only have 2 medics and 3 spies, and just can't compete anymore.

edit: Yes I'm not agreeing with the crazy sexist bullshit arguments that they are making. holy poo poo. I just meant they are backing the right horse.

edit2: also, do NPCs cheat with their deck composition? I feel like they always have impossibly tiny decks considering you have to have 22 creatures. I think I made a deck with no special cards once, and my opponent still had a smaller deck than me. Am I remembering wrong?
If you are playing Northern Realms you should have four Spies (Stennis, Djikstra, Thaler, and Mysterious Elf) and two medics (Dun Banner Medic and Yennifer). For other creatures, I liked having: Geralt, Ciri, Roche, Phillippa, Villentretenmerth, Blue Stripe Commando x3, Crinfred Reaver x3, Catapult x2, Trebuchet x2, and one other creature (usually another 6 strength siege unit).
edit2: To round out my deck that clowned all opponents, I used: Foltest Lord Commander of the North, Decoy x3, Scorch x1, Biting Frost x1, Commander's Horn x1.
This brought the total cards to 28. There were a few games (like when playing Sasha) that I drew and ended up playing my whole 28 card deck.

I dont think I ever lost a game once I got that full roster assembled.

edit1:I am pretty sure the AI does not cheat in any way. I have seen the same AI character slam down 3 spies in a game along with other good cards; other games they have dropped Poor loving Infantry and 5 weather effects.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jul 29, 2015

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Bort Bortles posted:

If you are playing Northern Realms you should have four Spies (Stennis, Djikstra, Thaler, and Mysterious Elf) and two medics (Dun Banner Medic and Yennifer). For other creatures, I liked having: Geralt, Ciri, Roche, Phillippa, Villentretenmerth, Blue Stripe Commando x3, Crinfred Reaver x3, Catapult x2, Trebuchet x2, and one other creature.

Well here's where my "roleplaying" has put me hot water again. I'm locked out of getting Geralt. I did miss Thaler and the third Crinfred Reaver, though, so that's my bad. I think I'm trying to switch to Nilgaard for this match, since I have 2 more medics with that deck. Either way, I can't really keep up with her card advantage and her playing like 4 scorch effects (she steals my Villentretenmerth from my graveyard)

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I would take more siege units over blue stripes commandos. Siege row has a really good chance of being doubled. (I used siege foltest but even with another one, doubling catapults and such is well worth it.)

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I would take more siege units over blue stripes commandos. Siege row has a really good chance of being doubled. (I used siege foltest but even with another one, doubling catapults and such is well worth it.)

yeah, against Sasha I have to ditch blue stripes because they bite it Villentretenmerth every game, since unlike regular scorch, there's no real way to defend against it.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Snak posted:

She is definitely beatable but she has absolutely crazy draws. If you don't have 4 spies I don't know how you'd keep up. Also, heroes help a lot because she can't interact with them. And it allows you to scorch for value without having to worry about your own guys.

You have to play smart against her. Check https://www.gwentcards.com for locations of things. If you're using a northern deck, make sure you get a mysterious elf hero in there too, which should bring her you up to 4 spies and 2 medics. I usually run 1 cold weather (for scorch dragon combo blowouts), 1 scorch, 3 decoys and 1 horn.

Usually I'll run all the 10+ heroes, yennefer, 4 spies and the medic. The first couple rounds need to be about delaying as much as possible. You can get more work out of bouncing the same catapult 3 times then replaying 3 spies if it makes the opponent let you ply more optimally. Timing is everything at the heart of Gwent and it's why you'll see the AI fire off a clear weather when there's nothing to clear off. They're doing it to buy themselves one more turn before having to react to what's on your board.

Basically if you sandbag with either hero cards or decoy bounces the AI is going to pass (letting you blow them out in he most efficient way possible) or will overextend, letting you destroy them the next round because you're far enough ahead on cards.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Snak posted:

Well here's where my "roleplaying" has put me hot water again. I'm locked out of getting Geralt. I did miss Thaler and the third Crinfred Reaver, though, so that's my bad. I think I'm trying to switch to Nilgaard for this match, since I have 2 more medics with that deck. Either way, I can't really keep up with her card advantage and her playing like 4 scorch effects (she steals my Villentretenmerth from my graveyard)
Heh, I cant comment on that, then. You should still be able to get the third Reaver from a merchant you rescue (unless your roleplaying prevents you from rescuing the merchant that is locked up by bandits east of Oreton). If she is clowning your melee row, take all your scorchable melee units out of the deck and go heavy Siege and Ranged.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

To each their own. 3 Blue Stripes Commandos being on the field is 36 points, more than any 3 siege units other than 2x Catapult + 1 other. I often played all three Commandos because of the incredible card draw of having 4 spies and 3 decoys. I play with Foltest Lord Commander of the North because he is a free clear weather and I find that more useful than a free Commanders horn localized on my siege row. Doing that barely edged out using Foltest Siege Master simply because I would then feel the need to run a clear weather anyway; I would rather have the clear weather on command (without needing to draw it) and be able to put my Commander's Horn(s) on a row of my choice.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Just beat her in a freak game where neither of us had a single spy and she had no scorch effects.

But there's no chance to manual save before the next match. awesome.

edit: Blue stripes are amazing, especially when you have all three, because you can drop 2 to bait scorch, and then medic one (or both) back. Dandelion also

helps a lot there.

also my roleplaying does not prevent me from resuing merchants, but I would have to restart the tournament if I left now :)

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Running Blue Stripes against her works because sometimes she'll drop a real Scorch instead of Villentretenmerth against them, which means one less Scorch coming for your Reavers or Catapults. Or save them for the third round after she's out of decoys/medics and Vil's been played already.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Snak posted:

yeah, against Sasha I have to ditch blue stripes because they bite it Villentretenmerth every game, since unlike regular scorch, there's no real way to defend against it.

Go Nilfgaard and drown your enemy in resurrected cards. It's hilarious to run out of decoys and just use your medics to play the spies back the next round anyway.
E: Sorry, didn't notice you were roleplaying someone who is poo poo at Gwent. :v:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I can't bring myself to kill a succubus. It's harmless and intelligent and killing it because it's a monster would be the same as killing an elf because it's not human - racist as gently caress.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Palpek posted:

I can't bring myself to kill a succubus. It's harmless and intelligent and killing it because it's a monster would be the same as killing an elf because it's not human - racist as gently caress.

I see someone hasn't done a quest in Novigrad

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I see someone hasn't done a quest in Novigrad

Wait, what quest? I met the succubus in Novigrad and didn't see any reason to kill it... This game is sneaky like that, though.

edit: That reminds me, is it possible to save the first two people that are burned at the stake in Hierarch Square? In my game, the whole speech leading up to them being burned and kicking off "The Pyres of Novigrad" quest happened while I was talking to the bookseller, so I always wondered if there was a chance for me to intervene.

Stuff like this is crazy. Two of my coworkers are playing this game also, and they have both come to me separately and said "I banged Keira, too bad I had to kill her later" and I was like "Why?" "Because she's too dangerous with the biological weapons!" they had no clue the quest could go any other way.

Snak fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jul 29, 2015

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Snak posted:

Wait, what quest? I met the succubus in Novigrad and didn't see any reason to kill it... This game is sneaky like that, though.

edit: That reminds me, is it possible to save the first two people that are burned at the stake in Hierarch Square? In my game, the whole speech leading up to them being burned and kicking off "The Pyres of Novigrad" quest happened while I was talking to the bookseller, so I always wondered if there was a chance for me to intervene.

Nah it was that quest. But to say they are harmless is lol

Snak posted:

Stuff like this is crazy. Two of my coworkers are playing this game also, and they have both come to me separately and said "I banged Keira, too bad I had to kill her later" and I was like "Why?" "Because she's too dangerous with the biological weapons!" they had no clue the quest could go any other way.

Your coworkers were right. Kiera was amoral as gently caress and there was no way to know for sure what she would do to try and get back her lavish lifestyle.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Nah it was that quest. But to say they are harmless is lol

I mean, I guess they could be considered date rapists, which is pretty hosed up, but I got the impression her targets were mostly guys who were soliciting prostitutes anyway. So it's kind of a win-win? They get the best sex they've ever had, and the succubus gets some of their life energy. Yeah, it's definitely a grey area, and it depends a lot on how succubus powers really work. A lot of it is portrayed as the succubus's thrall being passive, ie the succubus isn't enchanting dudes to have her way with them, but rather that the human male sex drive takes over their brain, which isn't really the succubus's fault. All three succubus's I've encountered in Witcher games have been having consensual sex with partners that they leave unharmed, and sometimes have to drive away.

There's almost certainly a better solution to this problem, but it's a legal, social, and political solution, so it's not coming anytime soon in a society that is currently on a magic-user and non-human cleansing binge. Given the context of this situation, I'd say she was pretty harmless.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Your coworkers were right. Kiera was amoral as gently caress and there was no way to know for sure what she would do to try and get back her lavish lifestyle.

I didn't give her the notes. She doesn't have the bio-weapon in my game. edit: I guess this is wrong. I could have sworn this is what the character bio said pre Kaer Morhen. Because after I talked to my coworkers I double-checked it. Yeah her and Lambert will either work out well for the world, or horribly for everyone

Snak fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jul 29, 2015

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Succubus drives men mad but it's their fault, she's not more harmful than a beautiful woman men would kill one another for.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Snak posted:

I mean, I guess they could be considered date rapists, which is pretty hosed up, but I got the impression her targets were mostly guys who were soliciting prostitutes anyway. So it's kind of a win-win? They get the best sex they've ever had, and the succubus gets some of their life energy. Yeah, it's definitely a grey area, and it depends a lot on how succubus powers really work. A lot of it is portrayed as the succubus's thrall being passive, ie the succubus isn't enchanting dudes to have her way with them, but rather that the human male sex drive takes over their brain, which isn't really the succubus's fault. All three succubus's I've encountered in Witcher games have been having consensual sex with partners that they leave unharmed, and sometimes have to drive away.

Going by the Witcher 3 codex entry, succubus actually do not take the life force from the people they have sex with. Not sure how that was in the other games or the books, though.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Randler posted:

Going by the Witcher 3 codex entry, succubus actually do not take the life force from the people they have sex with. Not sure how that was in the other games or the books, though.

I was basing that off of the dialogue in Witcher 2. I could be misremembering though.

Also, this Keira thing is really going to bug me. I SWEAR that it said in the character bio that Geralt refused to hand over the notes to her. Now it says she succeeded in stealing them (even though they are still in my inventory) and Geralt just talked her into going to Kaer Morhen instead of using them as a bargaining chip.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

You can just make her give you the notes back by choosing the right dialogue options.

Also succubus was exactly the same in the other Witcher games - they're not killing men. Victims only appear when men kill other men out of jealousy about the succubus. That's not a reason to kill an intelligent creature with an extreme swinger lifestyle :v:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malek Deneith
Jun 1, 2011

Palpek posted:

That's not a reason to kill an intelligent creature with an extreme swinger lifestyle :v:.

Ahem

quote:

Succubus Decoction
Attack Power grows over the course of a fight until reaching a maximum threshold.

Reason enough :colbert: