Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

The Taint Reaper posted:

it won't transfer homebrew poo poo. it will transfer everything else.

Good, thanks! As long as I don't brick my Wii backwards compatability on day 2 I am happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

bloodychill posted:

My dream maker machine is still basically a vita with two sets of triggers that can do everything from mame up to ppsspp and dolphin
So, a more powerful JXD S5110b?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Lost Dimension is out for Vita and it's tempting. I need someone to talk me out of buying it.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Great Joe posted:

So, a more powerful JXD S5110b?

A far more powerful one, but basically yeah. An OLED screen wouldn't hurt either but is not necessary. A very high density LCD display would do the job.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

megaman legends ripoff is not getting funded and their prototype is rushed rear end poo poo, RIP inafune

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ngocs2bBwPU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

The success of Mighty 09's kickstarter made him cocky.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I really really like Mega Man Legends and I really liked the concept art but the whole Red Ash kickstarter is hilariously sad on so many levels.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

VideoGames posted:

the king of kong is legit one of the best movies of all time. its in my top 5. i love steve wiebe

totally :agreed:

that scene where Wiebe is drumming is awesome. a true talent, unlike silly bitchell

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

precision posted:

totally :agreed:

that scene where Wiebe is drumming is awesome. a true talent, unlike silly bitchell

steve wiebe is a goddamn treasure. quiet, unassuming and a decent guy. he is the hero video gaming should have

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Mafia 3 finally officially confirmed. Looks to be 70s and set in Florida (gators)?

https://mafiagame.com/

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

drunkill posted:

Mafia 3 finally officially confirmed. Looks to be 70s and set in Florida (gators)?

https://mafiagame.com/

Maybe they won't cut out half the game to sell as DLC this time.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Or condense a number of missions into two 3 minute montages. The game was rushed for release, many things were cut but it had a lot of potential. Almost all the openworld stuff was scrapped to just driving places before missions started.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I played through broken age. It was fun. I don't know what all the whining's about. I mean obviously the kickstarter had problems but there's nothing wrong with the final product. I got kinda stuck for a bit and looked up the answer, which has happened to me with every single adventure game I've ever played.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
The thing wrong with it is that its a Kickstarter project in the first place. Every single crowdfunded game is going to have at least a minority of vocal detractors because:

1) Gamers even outside of crowdfunding have unrealistic expectations from new consumer products and media, partially because they're childlike, and partially because the industry is full of overpromising hype men who spout ridiculous hyperbole throughout the entire development process. This especially applies to crowdfunding, where people are trying to convince you to directly pay their salary.

2) Most people have no idea how expensive videogames can be to make, and how surprisingly easy it is to spend a million dollars. Any time I think about this I'm reminded of the Skullgirls crowdfunding campaign and how nerds who knew absolutely nothing about animation and game development were making conspiratorial cost breakdowns for how the dev team were TOTALLY ripping people off. They weren't.

3) A lot of backers confuse the power dynamics of crowdfunding and think of themselves as a producer and a part of the project instead of a donor and someone who pre-ordered a game before development started. Even the ones who donate like $10, whose contribution to the project was essentially buying one guy lunch.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Yeah but I saw a bunch of game reviewers and childbabies losing their minds about how the puzzles in part 2 ruin the experience or something or how part 2 is a BETRAYAL OF THE POTENTIAL of the first part and it's like... they're just mildly difficult puzzles. You have to have literally never played an adventure game in your life to freak out about them.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I liked this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihR12J5HRcM

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Zombies' Downfall posted:

2) Most people have no idea how expensive videogames can be to make, and how surprisingly easy it is to spend a million dollars. Any time I think about this I'm reminded of the Skullgirls crowdfunding campaign and how nerds who knew absolutely nothing about animation and game development were making conspiratorial cost breakdowns for how the dev team were TOTALLY ripping people off. They weren't.

This is a big one. Even if it's a tiny studio of 2 people working on a game for 2 years, you're still talking about ~250k USD just to pay those two people an decent game dev wage (60-65k/year). That doesn't include all the contracting they're probably going to have to do to get assets done in that time frame. Now take a look at most kickstarters and you realize they're usually closer to 5-10 man teams and it makes sense why they need 1.5-3mil to complete their two year projects. When failed project management leads to missed deadlines, some of the more established developers have had to use money pulled in from other non-kickstarter projects to finish the kickstarters.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah but I saw a bunch of game reviewers and childbabies losing their minds about how the puzzles in part 2 ruin the experience or something or how part 2 is a BETRAYAL OF THE POTENTIAL of the first part and it's like... they're just mildly difficult puzzles. You have to have literally never played an adventure game in your life to freak out about them.

I haven't seen anyone freak out about the puzzles like that. I've seen people complain about the rise in difficulty in the puzzles, but I've seen far more complaints about the quality of writing apparently just being worse in act 2. I haven't played through it myself yet, though, so I don't personally have anything to say there.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The Colonel posted:

I haven't seen anyone freak out about the puzzles like that. I've seen people complain about the rise in difficulty in the puzzles, but I've seen far more complaints about the quality of writing apparently just being worse in act 2. I haven't played through it myself yet, though, so I don't personally have anything to say there.

Seemed about the same to me. I'm going to just assume the fact that Tim Schafer called Gamergaters a bunch of losers between Acts 1 and 2 coming out has something to do with it.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I dunno about anyone else but I have no idea who or what you're actually mad at

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
feelin' pretty good about deciding to wait until broken age is a free PS+ title

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I dunno about anyone else but I have no idea who or what you're actually mad at

Who is "you" and how are they "mad" at what? Not sure what this is addressing.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I thought the BA crticism was that part2 just recycles everything from part1 and wasnt worth waiting for.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Do any goons play Dungeon Defenders 2? I can't find a thread for it and I have no idea if it's worth picking up or not.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I've got a Fallout itch again, but I'm going to try and hold off until I finish The Witcher: Enhanced Edition. I also just grabbed Freedom Planet and Shovel Knight and I don't know which one to play first. I still need to finish EarthBound.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I think I can do it, I think I can get maximum Social Links on my first playtrhrough of persona 4 golden....

Everyone is at 8,9 or Maxed and it's not even january 25th

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfRjByXbenA

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Was one of the kickstarter stretch goals a time machine so you could go back to 2007 when Dropsy was still interesting and relevant and setting GBS on fire?

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
Thanks for posting the trailer! :) It's been like 4 years since I started working on this thing and it's nice to have a light at the end of the tunnel.

Sleeveless posted:

Was one of the kickstarter stretch goals a time machine so you could go back to 2007 when Dropsy was still interesting and relevant and setting GBS on fire?

2008*

Also, sorry, I don't make things on the basis of what an internet forum finds interesting or relevant at any given time.

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

The Colonel posted:

I've got a Fallout itch again, but I'm going to try and hold off until I finish The Witcher: Enhanced Edition. I also just grabbed Freedom Planet and Shovel Knight and I don't know which one to play first. I still need to finish EarthBound.

Shovel Knight is god damned amazing.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Sleeveless posted:

The animation is really cool

gently caress clowns though

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Worldshatter posted:

Shovel Knight is god damned amazing.

Still never played it. Seems like the ducktales NES game but with a knight dude instead of a crotchety old scotsman (that also happens to be a duck) and that's pretty good in my books because ducktales fuckin owns

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
New Castlevania coming!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Uk83ceNRo8

hahahahhahaha

Sleeveless posted:

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Konami's still got it!

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Holy gently caress, unexpected but this looks awesome.

I wonder what the implications of Iga directing mean for Bloodstained.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Holy gently caress, unexpected but this looks awesome.

I wonder what the implications of Iga directing mean for Bloodstained.

You saw it 's a Pachinko title right?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I'm disappointed that we are not getting a true new Castlevania game that happens to be titled Castlevania: Pachinko of Erotic Violence.

Also, Shovel Knight kinda totally rules.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That's a lot of titties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
It turns out the Zelda CDi developers made a Spider-man Game too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53A7l9VDIro

Lurdiak posted:

That's a lot of titties.
"We need to add titties to our pachislot Castlevania game! But it's not like Castlevania is known for titties..."

"What about the Succubus titties from the Japanese artbook?"

"Great idea! We'll add wall to wall 3D CG Anime Succubus titties!"

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Jul 30, 2015

• Locked thread