Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

NitroSpazzz posted:

Try not to die, your thread is entertaining.

As I lay, beaten and broken at the bottom of Spy Rock, my arms and legs suddenly containing many more elbows and knees than necessary, I will shed a single final tear while I think of your comment.

Adiabatic fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jul 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
98% sure I'm flying to Portland on Monday to drive a VW bus back to Phoenix that needs to be there by Thursday morning.

Don't flake out, TheSamba seller.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Geirskogul posted:

98% sure I'm flying to Portland on Monday to drive a VW bus back to Phoenix that needs to be there by Thursday morning.

Yessss, thats awesome.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Geirskogul posted:

Looking forward to the live updates. Any way we can track you by GPS? :v:

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Geirskogul posted:

What time are you arriving? I might be able to give you a ride to Eug.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I'll know by tonight (another guy had dibs, but the seller told me he's flaky and probably won't show, today is his last chance before I get the go ahead to buy a ticket), but it's in "happy valley" Oregon.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1700427

We've negotiated to 2600, but 3k if need be to scare mr. Flaky off.

Don't flake out!

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Adiabatic posted:

As I lay, beaten and broken at the bottom of Spy Rock, my arms and legs suddenly containing many more elbows and knees than necessary, I will shed a single final tear while I think of your comment.
:golfclap:

Geirskogul posted:

Hope the other buyer flakes out, the seller doesn't flake out and the VW doesn't bust into a ball of fire. I'm thinking you should snapchat the hell out of that trip.

Hmm finished up Parks and Recreation last night, now what series to watch, recommendations? Have netflix and amazon prime, think there's hulu and vudu on the xbox.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Cakefool posted:

Looking forward to the live updates. Any way we can track you by GPS? :v:

...if he and everyone wanting to track downloaded Glympse, yeah.

https://www.glympse.com/

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Adiabatic posted:

Just bought a nice camelbak day pack, an ENO hammock, $200 worth of "If you're using this you're probably lost" camping gear. Let's hope I go hiking more than once.

I really like my Eno. Make sure you get the loop straps with it or it will kind of suck. My buddy bought the rain fly for his and neither of us were impressed - for the price, I'd just make my own.

If the weather is much below 50 at night keep a space blanket to put underneath you, you'll be a lot more comfortable.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

NitroSpazzz posted:

Hmm finished up Parks and Recreation last night, now what series to watch, recommendations? Have netflix and amazon prime, think there's hulu and vudu on the xbox.

Halt and Catch Fire is on Netflix and I've been watching the poo poo out of it recently. It's like Mad Men, in the 80s, with hardware and BIOS wars.

If that doesn't make you cum all over the loving place, I'm at a loss.

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

I really like my Eno. Make sure you get the loop straps with it or it will kind of suck. My buddy bought the rain fly for his and neither of us were impressed - for the price, I'd just make my own.

If the weather is much below 50 at night keep a space blanket to put underneath you, you'll be a lot more comfortable.

I bought it on a whim so I'm super glad you like yours. I can't wait to try it out! Would regular tie-down straps work with it?

Adiabatic fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jul 30, 2015

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Adiabatic posted:

Halt and Catch Fire is on Netflix and I've been watching the poo poo out of it recently. It's like Mad Men, in the 80s, with hardware and BIOS wars.

Plus the blonde female character hates wearing bras

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Adiabatic posted:

Welp, I know what show I'm watching next.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
HCF is a good show that will make you frustrated at its frequent ineptitude but still praying that it won't get cancelled at the end of every season.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Adiabatic posted:

That sounds like my kinda show and I needed something to watch after catching up on True Detective

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
I finally got this old record player I was given working. Original belt had originally turned into some sort of goo. My grandfather decided to give me all his old records years ago because "That poo poo is taking up too much space" so the stuff I can currently listen to quite limited in terms of taste.

Right now I'm listening to the 1812 Overture which my mom said my grandfather used to blast at full volume at 1 in the morning ever night while having a drink after he got home from work. :v:

piss boner
May 17, 2003

Look at all these mofos making GBS threads on each others preferred beers. Do you like beer? Good. Enjoy yourself.

Geirskogul posted:

Don't flake out!

Please take pics & a trip report so I can live through you.

stump posted:

7 days in NY, then 9 days driving Vegas > Lake Tahoe > SF > Morro Bay > LA > Legas.

Coming through Louisiana? Stop at Abita Brewing off the 12, make sure you try the Purple Haze and Restoration Ale.

Blow dryer chat: those of you that have testicles, why don't you blow them dry? Nothing like a fresh set of dry nuts to start off the day.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Nodoze posted:

That sounds like my kinda show and I needed something to watch after catching up on True Detective

Just skip this season of True Detective. It's bad. Slow, unevolving plot and the latest episode adds farcical scenarios. Any other show would be better, I'm just watching to see how bad it'll get.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

meatpimp posted:

Just skip this season of True Detective. It's bad. Slow, unevolving plot and the latest episode adds farcical scenarios. Any other show would be better, I'm just watching to see how bad it'll get.

I'm already caught up. I don't hate it as much as some people but i have had to skip some parts

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Obligatory watch The Wire post.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Super Aggro Crag posted:

:omarcomin:

stump
Jan 19, 2006

piss boner posted:

Coming through Louisiana? Stop at Abita Brewing off the 12, make sure you try the Purple Haze and Restoration Ale.
Nah, flying to Vegas. Would love to drive coast to coast, don't think the wife would be happy about doing it on the honeymoon though!

Speaking of driving in the US, what's the tolerance like on speed limits like in Nevada and California? In the UK you can typically cruise at an indicated 10 over outside of urban areas without any bother from the fuzz, and sticking below about 20 over the consequences of getting caught aren't too harsh.

Not that I'm intending to break the law in your fine country, I don't want to gently caress myself over just keeping up with traffic :cop:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

piss boner posted:

Blow dryer chat: those of you that have testicles, why don't you blow them dry? Nothing like a fresh set of dry nuts to start off the day.

I don't own a blow dryer.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

piss boner posted:

:psyduck:

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

stump posted:

Speaking of driving in the US, what's the tolerance like on speed limits like in Nevada and California? In the UK you can typically cruise at an indicated 10 over outside of urban areas without any bother from the fuzz, and sticking below about 20 over the consequences of getting caught aren't too harsh.

Generally no faster than 10 over the posted limit, or don't be an rear end in a top hat and stick out from the rest of traffic and you'll be fine.

Unless you're going fast enough to qualify for reckless operation I doubt most cops will write you a ticket once they discover you're a foreign national though. Paperwork aside it's not like they'd extradite you across international borders if you didn't pay the fine.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

piss boner posted:

deez nuts roasting on an open dryer (that sounds like ouch)

in unrelated news

loving poo poo eating cocksuckers* at my school don't recognize my loving ap calc credit from high school

even though ive taken calc 2. and 3. and physics 1 and 2 with calc, and Statics and differential equations

because I didn't pay the very special $25 to have college board send my OFFICIAL AP TEST SCORES (a piece of paper w/ a 3 printed in it) to them and having it in both my hs and community college official transcripts isn't loving enough

which A theres no reason I shouldn't have known this before now except apparently while THEY can run a degree audit while im still in the mech eng "pending" track, I can't because gently caress me I guess, otherwise this thing (which takes up to 15 BUSINESS DAYS ) could have been taken care of in the 15 BUSINESS DAYS between me being accepted/registering for orientation and today

and B even though I got overrides from department people to help me get into classes (one of which filed up while I was sorting this poo poo out so now I'm on two wait lists instead of one that's been full for a month and isn't semester critical), calc 1 is also a hard pre req to transfer from mech.eng pending to mech.eng active, which in turn is required for 3 of my 4 classes. meaning if that major transfer request gets rejected before the ap scores get there I'll be kicked out of those 3 classes, meaning I'll be even further back on the two wait lists, and possibly on a third

all because they couldn't be bothered to say "yo if you took ap credits we need official records if that too, go here to send them"

boy my university careers if to a great loving start huh

*no offense to actual cocksuckers or scat lovers

anyway I've been up like 3fucking6 hours at this point so im sleep

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

puppy update:

3 months ago:

Now:

Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.

Tusen Takk posted:

puppy update:

3 months ago:

Now:

wanna motorboat dat tummy

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

Adiabatic posted:

Current plan is to test everything out while hiking Crabtree Falls and Spy Rock on Saturday, then go for stupider and backwoods-ier hikes after I get used to the gear.

Should be fun :v:

I'm going backpacking in northern Minnesota this weekend. I'm really stoked about having two full days to hike so I can actually get some distance.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
Just got confirmation that I'm driving a buddy up to nashville so he can pick up a M roadie next weekend. The question now is

oh gently caress it there's no question I'm taking the e30

fake edit: just for context, the dude is currently driving his dad's 930 volvo estate because he sent his B5S4 avant to Solo Motorsport for a motor-out build. 2 weeks ago. Must be nice to have money.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Geoj posted:

Generally no faster than 10 over the posted limit, or don't be an rear end in a top hat and stick out from the rest of traffic and you'll be fine.

Unless you're going fast enough to qualify for reckless operation I doubt most cops will write you a ticket once they discover you're a foreign national though. Paperwork aside it's not like they'd extradite you across international borders if you didn't pay the fine.

Cool. Wouldn't want to skip out on a fine and then have problems if I return to the U.S.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Adiabatic posted:

I bought it on a whim so I'm super glad you like yours. I can't wait to try it out! Would regular tie-down straps work with it?

I mean, yeah, you could certainly make them work but you'll be futzing around a lot to get the right length. Not to mention the added weight/space if you're backpacking (the loop straps aren't much bigger than a can of beer). The ENO ones are rad; you just wrap it around the tree and clip the hammock carabiner to whatever loop offers you the ground clearance you want. Done. You can loop one around a tree, walk over and loop the other without them falling down because they're lightweight and grippy - I imagine tiedows/ratchet straps could fall due to the weight and necessitate a second person helping you get both ends clipped.

Here's a photo of mine so you can see 'em in action:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

College sucks and is a lovely business. Good luck with all of that bullshit.

I have no idea what's being said in this video but I figured you guys might enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrm5GIhPpGs

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Word. Good call. Turns out the wife already made an awesome strap that will do nicely, since he apparently has the same hammock :downs:

I field tested the new camelbak today on a four hour Netflix binge. I'm liking the results.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
that much whiskey at once is amazing

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
Just watched the movie Filmage: The Story of The Descendents/All. Great rockumentary if you like the Descendents or All. Probably won't get much out of it if you aren't a fan of either of Bill Stevenson's bands. It's very well done and they interview pretty much all of my punk rock heroes, so I was glued to the screen.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Adiabatic posted:

Just bought a nice camelbak day pack, an ENO hammock, $200 worth of "If you're using this you're probably lost" camping gear. Let's hope I go hiking more than once.

Current plan is to test everything out while hiking Crabtree Falls and Spy Rock on Saturday, then go for stupider and backwoods-ier hikes after I get used to the gear.

Should be fun :v:

I recently went camping with a bunch of friends and realized I had no camping gear to speak of. The sleeping pad I bought cost more than the tent and the sleeping bag. Worth it :v:

Super Aggro Crag posted:

This and Generation Kill are the only two TV Series that I've watched more than once. I've probably watched The Wire three times through, and four times for Generation Kill.

"At least my mom took me to NASCAR!"

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
Paging CommieGIR: (sorry, my phone is dead, new one ETA: saturday): you wanna go to the incubus concert?

e: and/or how much do you want to DD a pre LCI e70x5 for the night?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

quote:

Well it may be your lucky day. The guy just came and wanted to trade a truck for the bus- he had no money. So that is out. So if you can come Monday before 2 that would be great! Zac works Sunday until 1am.

Let me know.

Thanks!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Windows 10 is pretty drat good. I cant remember a version of Windows being this smooth to upgrade to, just works and is better than the beta version.

Also a noticable speed increase too.Yeesh and even the new browser is a big improvement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

SuperDucky posted:

Paging CommieGIR: (sorry, my phone is dead, new one ETA: saturday): you wanna go to the incubus concert?

e: and/or how much do you want to DD a pre LCI e70x5 for the night?

He's on probation

• Locked thread