Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Well, in the Miller comics, they flirt BY fighting. (Yes, a Frank Miller female character that gets hot by doing violence, I too am shocked.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

tsob posted:

It's a pity the few well known thief characters in Marvel are all under Sony control as part of the X-Men and Spider-man contracts, because reading up on Ant-man has enamored me to the idea of a Marvel movie that isn't a superhero film, but instead a film following some thieves pulling a heist, Ocean's 11/Italian Job style, on a known Marvel character, where the heroic figure only appears for a few minutes total at best. Black Cat or Gambit leading a team or z-list comic thieves on a heist to steal from Tony Stark or SHIELD could be cool as hell. I suppose they could do it on the Fantastic Four instead, but Sony don't seem to have quite the touch with films that Marvel has at the moment. Not to say they're perfect, but they're at least always entertaining action films.

They can a Netflix series based on Modok's 11.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

TCA's are on and Netflix's content chief had this to say about upcoming series:

quote:

At the opening address of the Television Critics Association press tour, Neflix’s Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos confirmed that Marvel’s Jessica Jones will premiere by the end of 2015, as expected.

He further laid out the ideal schedule for Marvel’s Defenders group lineup of shows, which is to have a new series or season premiere every six months.

Sarandos also clarified that all of these Marvel series will crossover for The Defenders after each has launched, but that some will have multiple series prior to that. Daredevil is already one example, with Season 2 planned for early

Additionally, This article is claiming that Marvel and Netflix are working on "Phase 2" of Netflix Marvel shows and that they are considering Thunderbolts.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
They should make another Blade series for Netflix, but bring Wesley Snipes back for it.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Officer Farva posted:

They should make another Blade series for Netflix, but bring Wesley Snipes back for it.

No, Sticky Fingas is the best Blade.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Um Snipes actually coined the phrase "motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate up hill" so you're definitely wrong on that score.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Snipes also made Blade 3 which negates that phrase and all of Blade 2.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

Soonmot posted:

Pretty sure Blade 3 had a murder boner in it.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Soonmot posted:

Yeah, but Blade 3 has Ryan Reynolds saying "Cock-juggling thunder-oval office" which is almost worth the entire rest of the movie. That whole interrogation scene really. The movie is unforgivably bad though. Like, why does Jessica Biel have a lightsaber? Why does Whistler die fighting cops?!

Also Triple H is in it. I'm not sure if that's a positive or a negetive. It just is.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Snak posted:

Yeah, but Blade 3 has Ryan Reynolds saying "Cock-juggling thunder-oval office" which is almost worth the entire rest of the movie. That whole interrogation scene really. The movie is unforgivably bad though. Like, why does Jessica Biel have a lightsaber? Why does Whistler die fighting cops?!

Also Triple H is in it. I'm not sure if that's a positive or a negetive. It just is.
It did give Patton Oswalt a lot of material to write/talk about working on Blade 3

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Snak posted:

Yeah, but Blade 3 has Ryan Reynolds saying "Cock-juggling thunder-oval office"
There is a country radio station in Wisconsin called Thunder Country, and I giggle every time I hear the radio ID because of Blade 3.

Every time.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

No. Marvel needs to forever part ways with Snipes. :colbert:

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Wesley snipes is the guy who was so cooperative they had to CGI a shot of him opening his eyes, right?

Yeah, they should really get him back.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Blade 3 was such a train wreck. Snipes didn't give a poo poo and I'm not even sure if I blame him for not giving a poo poo. Literally everything sucked about that movie. The actions sequences, the plot, the villains, everything except amusingly Ryan Reynolds.

Honestly I've kind of liked the guy ever since Blade 3 since he was easily the best part of it, and I really think they should have just done a straight up Ryan Reynolds movie in the same universe. It would have been far less terrible. I'm actually on board with him playing Deadpool.. if Fox is willing to get as crazy as Deadpool should be (I doubt it).

He did his best with the poo poo sandwich he was given. I won't even mention the X-Men Origins abomination.

ED: Am I the only one that got the impression from the Blade 3 vamps that it was "A bunch of high-school intelligence vampires break into a giant empty office and sit around pretending to be important, while a super powerful vampire they brought back sits around and decides if he feels like doing something today"? Not once did they ever seem pulled together or cunning yet the movie seemed to think they were like the Blade 1 guys..

Ignite Memories posted:

Wesley snipes is the guy who was so cooperative they had to CGI a shot of him opening his eyes, right?

Yeah, they should really get him back.

http://snipeseyes.ytmnd.com/

To be fair this is a movie which had a huge scene set around a shape shifting vampire showing up at a place where they know he's a shape shifting vampire, who takes on the clever ruse of.. a guy who got killed clearly earlier in the movie, and they still let the fucker in to kill them all. Seriously, the script was so stupid, I might just give the hell up watching an iconic character get flushed down the toilet, too.

Speaking of which killing Whistler felt like a good way to make the last movie completely pointless. If the actor wanted out (and I don't blame him) just say he retired or something, or at least give him a real dramatic showdown. Dude went down killing a crap load of misguided human cops, hardly felt fitting.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jul 30, 2015

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Snak posted:

It wasn't a lightsaber. It was a bow where the string was made out of lasers. Sheesh.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

jscolon2.0 posted:

It wasn't a lightsaber. It was a bow where the string was made out of lasers. Sheesh.

Well, it was in that shape, yes, but it wasn't actually a bow, it was a laser sword, capped at both ends, the way a "real" laser sword would have to be. it's the most baffling element of the movie, because the Blade movies have always been relatively down to earth except for the ridiculous vampire poo poo. Then Jessica Biel has a laser sword that Kris Kristofferson made in his garage, or something.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Snak posted:

Well, it was in that shape, yes, but it wasn't actually a bow, it was a laser sword, capped at both ends, the way a "real" laser sword would have to be. it's the most baffling element of the movie, because the Blade movies have always been relatively down to earth except for the ridiculous vampire poo poo. Then Jessica Biel has a laser sword that Kris Kristofferson made in his garage, or something.

WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS!!

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Soonmot posted:

WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS!!

Oh can it, Dude.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Oh can it, Dude.

He just wants them to make it smaller. :smith:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Snak posted:

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
New costume for season 2:

https://twitter.com/RuhailAli/status/634171288123244545/photo/1

Official Twitter account teased a look. Someone else posted another look at a fitting, which per this tweet, was from season 1

https://twitter.com/spmaslansky/status/634434137005424640

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Season 2 is going to have to be really, really good to make me not miss the black scarf every episode.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Its not, apparently its just the first season costume. according to birth movie death.

EDIT: Didn't fully read the post! Sorry!

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

LesterGroans posted:

Season 2 is going to have to be really, really good to make me not miss the black scarf every episode.

I'm hoping Punisher will cancel out DD's costume.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Teek posted:

Official Twitter account teased a look. Someone else posted another look at a fitting, which per this tweet, was from season 1

They really should have gone with that blacker mask.

Really fixes the factor

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

The thing is, comparing the teaser to that costume fitting shot, they look practically identical. Maybe the costume designer made some small tweaks to it between seasons.

If that really is from season one, I wonder why they went with the other costume instead.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Teek posted:

The thing is, comparing the teaser to that costume fitting shot, they look practically identical. Maybe the costume designer made some small tweaks to it between seasons.

If that really is from season one, I wonder why they went with the other costume instead.

What teaser are you guys talking about? All I see it the same pics of a fitting for the s1 suit without finalizes colors...

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/Daredevil/status/634168013344739329

It does look similar to the costume from last season, the biggest change appears to be some coloring tweaks and some seam differences in the helmet area.

Botnit
Jun 12, 2015

Rewatching the series from the first time when it came out, Karen is coming across a lot worse now, maybe it was something you were supposed to pick up on the first time going through but I didn't, she completely ignores Matt telling her to stop trying to convince someone to join her cause because they're at risk, gets the old woman killed, ignores it and repeatedly convinces reporter guy to keep going after he wants to stop, he gets killed, then she keeps going as if she's not in any way responsible for it. In comparison Foggy breaks down crying like a bitch just because of one person.

Wonder if this behavior + the criminal past they allude to is supposed to connect together sometime.

Oh, forgot the amazing shittiness that was tricking Ben into going to that nursing home.

Botnit fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Aug 21, 2015

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Botnit posted:

Rewatching the series from the first time when it came out, Karen is coming across a lot worse now, maybe it was something you were supposed to pick up on the first time going through but I didn't, she completely ignores Matt telling her to stop trying to convince someone to join her cause because they're at risk, gets the old woman killed, ignores it and repeatedly convinces reporter guy to keep going after he wants to stop, he gets killed, then she keeps going as if she's not in any way responsible for it. In comparison Foggy breaks down crying like a bitch just because of one person.

Wonder if this behavior + the criminal past they allude to is supposed to connect together sometime.

Oh, forgot the amazing shittiness that was tricking Ben into going to that nursing home.

Matt is supposed to bone her eventually so I'm sure the narrative will forgive her.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Thats season 1's suit.

They add a filter over top of the show, bros. Costumes have to look good on the film, not in real life.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Teek posted:

What?

But DD is supposed to be all red. :smith:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Red posted:

What?

But DD is supposed to be all red. :smith:

His S1 costume was already red and black,

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Snak posted:

His S1 costume was already red and black,

Yeah, but the red was dominant.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
counter-point: his costume was entirely black for 95% of season 1.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Snak posted:

counter-point: his costume was entirely black for 95% of season 1.

Counter-counter-point: we're getting too close to

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Red posted:

Counter-counter-point: we're getting too close to

I'm not sure that's a counterpoint. That's more of a precedent for the aforementioned costume color choices...

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Snak posted:

I'm not sure that's a counterpoint. That's more of a precedent for the aforementioned costume color choices...

Look: We're trying to move past the 90s. It was bad, and full of ridiculously oversized guns and unnecessary clothing accessories, like fingerless gloves and pouches.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I hope we get an exploding grapple hook in season 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Kainser posted:

I hope we get an exploding grapple hook in season 2.

It actually makes a lot of sense that if DD is going up against Punisher that DD will need more gadgets to compete with a conventional arsenal. Especially if Frank ends up with a gun that shoots swords.