Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
Crazy eyes is the last bastion of the desperate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
Looking forward to harris v shields more than anything on the ufc card tonight, time to rip off some legs

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Shields is p4p the most extreme ratio of "looks nothing like a fighter" to "good fighter."

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

CommonShore posted:

Shields is p4p the most extreme ratio of "looks nothing like a fighter" to "good fighter."

COLE FUCKIN KONRAD

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

colonel_korn posted:

http://gfycat.com/BothCluelessAnaconda

Shields got the crazy eyes going for this fight. I hope he wins. SHIELDS/FITCH 2016.

I assumed all the talk about him punishing Palhares for being a dirty fighter was just him hyping the fight, but he actually looks legit pissed off there.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

colonel_korn posted:

http://gfycat.com/BothCluelessAnaconda

Shields got the crazy eyes going for this fight. I hope he wins. SHIELDS/FITCH 2016.

Sign of the cross to throat slash is the most Brazilian MMA thing possible. Nice work, Toquinho

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Was that a throat slash or miming the belt over his shoulder?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

fatherdog posted:

I assumed all the talk about him punishing Palhares for being a dirty fighter was just him hyping the fight, but he actually looks legit pissed off there.

He looks really dirty and hungover almost in comparison to the clean all american style he had in the UFC, I almost don't recognise him.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

willie_dee posted:

He looks really dirty and hungover almost in comparison to the clean all american style he had in the UFC, I almost don't recognise him.

The gritty reboot of Jake Shields looks pretty awesome imo and I hope he wins

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
is this the thread to post about WSOF22? I just wanted to say, I like the commentary team talking about Mike Kyle's "very impressive record" while the info popup says "2-4 in the last three years"

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Scott Coker owns.

E: assuming that Fedor to Bellator is true

Wise Learned Man fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Aug 2, 2015

Roman Herbom
Aug 2, 2006
The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't
Marlon proved to be the superior Moraes, in case you were wondering

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."
Can Horsepower triumph over the Stump?!?!

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
This is counter-programming Shogun vs. Lil Nog, I don't know what to do

Roman Herbom
Aug 2, 2006
Shields just wrestlefucking palhares so far.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
palhares is dogshit, even mazagati can't ignore the eye rakes

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I had it muted. What was that referee incident about?

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."
Shields escapes the leg attack! He truly is the greatest ever.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

CommonShore posted:

I had it muted. What was that referee incident about?

Palhares is constantly trying to rake Shields eyes from the bottom, he's a total piece of poo poo

Roman Herbom
Aug 2, 2006
Palhares won holy poo poo!!!! he didn't let go of the sub :lol:

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."
And Stump collects another limb for the pile :getin:

slev
Apr 6, 2009

There's no way Pual Harris isn't doing this on purpose at this point right?

Roman Herbom
Aug 2, 2006

slev posted:

he's a very dumb man

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

slev posted:

He is a retarded person and should stop getting licensed

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The look on his face there was like "Hey! He's tapping! That means I can crank! :frogdowns:"

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
glib perjoratives aside it's been determined that Palhares is legally retarded by North American standards

Roman Herbom
Aug 2, 2006
https://gfycat.com/BlackandwhiteKnobbyChicken

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Palhares is a loving retard who im glad i bet on

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Apparently a Diaz/Khabib feud happened?

https://instagram.com/p/53kS70obT8/

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

gif of the finish: https://gfycat.com/BlackandwhiteKnobbyChicken

haha that second ref really earned his paycheque stopping that from becoming a full out brawl.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

That was a pretty sick submission.

I missed all the eye raking though, only caught the 3rd round. How does Paul Harris just keep getting away with all this poo poo?

Jakes eyes looked hosed up in the post fight interview.

Neeber
Nov 29, 2007
I hope Jake Shields doesn't get Paul Daley'ed out of WSOF for that totally justified late hit.

quote:

That was a pretty sick submission.

I missed all the eye raking though, only caught the 3rd round. How does Paul Harris just keep getting away with all this poo poo?

Steve Mazzagati is a a worthless ref.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
I for serious think Palhares should be banned from fighting, but man that guy is a loving incredible grappler.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

manyak posted:

Palhares is a loving retard who im glad i bet on

:agreed:

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
Palhares is the ultimate IRL heel, raking eyes and cranking submissions after the tap

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
I don't know a lot about heels but Palhares is amazing to watch. He is a real villain in mma and when he wins he loving cripples you.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Palhares is the pound-for-pound most compelling fighter, because something amazing/stupid/impossible happens every time he fights. Stopping mid-fight to whine about greasing, only to get KO'd when he looks at the ref? Yep. Jumping on the cage and flexing before the fight has been stopped? Check. Shredding ligaments, holding onto a sub as his opponent shrieks and taps and the ref tries desperately to pry him off? Done, and done. Then trying to hug his weeping opponent, getting confused when his affection isn't returned? Oh yeah.

He's incredible. Somebody needs to make a big-budget biopic of Palhares, or at least a tell-all biography.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Wise Learned Man posted:

He's incredible. Somebody needs to make a big-budget biopic of Palhares, or at least a tell-all biography.

Yeah, it was already made. Of Mice and Men. Legs are Palhares rabbits.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Rousimar Palhares is an amazing fighter who should absolutely not be licensed to fight anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
good to hear the dangerous retard is still hurting people passed the point where he's aloud to hurt people