Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Doctor Nick posted:

Can they do that? I thought only the comission can do that

They can't change the verdict AFAIK but they can strip Palhares of the belt and set up Shields vs the Fitch Okami winner for the vacant belt, which is what they said they might do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I wish Palhares wasn't such a retarded rear end in a top hat and instead was a good person that doesn't hold subs too long. Because holy poo poo, he is one of the most amazing grapplers on the planet and I wish I could be a fan of his.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

CommonShore posted:

The refusal to release discussion is getting really strange, with nerds taking stop watches to it (he cranks it exactly 1.83 seconds after the ref intervenes!).

Hey Lauzon's stopwatch analysis was great. :nyd:

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

fatherdog posted:

If you want to discuss Fallon Fox, the fighter, who is not fighting in the UFC, post in the B-league thread

yuriy posted:

Plus after what Fox did when trying to break in to the backstage of Invicta, maybe hiring a crazy person (gender issues aside) isn't the greatest idea

keg posted:

Explain please, this sounds hilarious.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Keg posted:

Explain please, this sounds hilarious.

Explaining here since it's about a b-league fighter:

You can track down Fox's fight at CFA12 yourself, however:

quote:

The tables quickly turned in the second. Evans-Smith rocked Fox early and unleashed a flurry of punches and knees from side control, mount and crucifix positions. There was controversy at the end of round, as the referee motioned that the fight was over, but was unable to hear that the bell had rung just seconds earlier.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1808902-transgender-fighter-fallon-fox-loses-via-tko-to-ashlee-evans-smith-at-cfa12

On the broadcast, basically Evans-Smith wrecked Fox's poo poo once, but because of the bell/ref thing, they just let it go to the next round where Evans-Smith promptly wrecked Fox again.

As far as the Invicta backstage stuff goes:

quote:

Fallon Fox showed up to the last Invicta FC event and managed to get inside the area designated for fighters. She acted aggressive towards some of the fighters, so an Invicta FC exec asked her to leave but she refused.

Allegedly Fox claimed she had an AXS TV crew with her (which was false) and from what I've been told she wanted to get a confrontation with a fighter on camera to set up a future fight in Invicta.

quote:

Robert Sargent of women's MMA-focused website MMA Rising further corroborated the report, claiming that his own sources attested to the rumor.

quote:

Although there was seemingly no end to the highlights of Invicta FC 5, it turns out that there was more action brewing in the locker room.

Several rumors from within the all-women's MMA promotion claim that infamous transgender fighter Fallon Fox was trespassing at the April 5 card in Kansas City, reportedly attempting to bully several of the female competitors in attendance.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1614222-transgender-mma-fighter-fallon-fox-threatened-bec-hyatt-at-invicta-fc-5

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Yea bud, I was typing it out

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Fallon Fox was trying to set up a fight between her and Bec Rawlins. All of it was an account by Bec. So it made no sense, there was a bunch of emotes and poo poo so whatever.

Frankly I think they're both bonkers and don't really care. Bec's off doing cosplay and swimsuit poo poo for UFC and Fallon's gonna fight a few more cans on the freakshow circuit before becoming a professional video gamer.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

palhares stripped & suspended indefinitely

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

yea ok posted:

palhares stripped & suspended indefinitely

well deserved, but also i want to see this monstrous retarded man fight still

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Good.

Doctor Nick
Dec 27, 2003

if you want to argue that Palhares has diminished mental capacity, you better show some reports from medical examiners that have examined Palhares in person.

this has nothing to do with Palhares supposedly being mentally challenged and everything with the fact that he's an rear end in a top hat

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Ok yeah that's good. I was talking about a few articles I read in which people were just citing an arbitrarily-measured time with no comparative information.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Yeah I don't think Palhares is retarded, he's just a dick.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Watching Palhares do his idiot savant bjj routine is kind of mesmerizing so I hope he learns his lesson from this and gets his poo poo together

he will not

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I am impressed with Joe's video editing skills

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."

Triticum Guzzler posted:

well deserved, but also i want to see this monstrous retarded man fight still

Scott Coker, do the honorable thing.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

EmmyOk posted:

I am impressed with Joe's video editing skills
Yeah he has a degree in computer science and used to work in IT I think, he's pretty computer-savvy.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

colonel_korn posted:

Yeah he has a degree in computer science and used to work in IT I think, he's pretty computer-savvy.

Literally the only exception to the "all fighters are stupid compared to me, an IT helpdesk guy" rule

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

manyak posted:

Literally the only exception to the "all fighters are stupid compared to me, an IT helpdesk guy" rule

iirc there was that lady who had a computer phd who fought joanna champion then retired to become a bone shaman

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Yeah that's Rosie Sexton. There was also former Sengoku and UFC fighter Nick Denis who was doing a PhD in biochemistry and retired after his first UFC loss because he realized that fighting was bad for his brain.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I think Peggy Morgan (the tall ginger) is an English professor.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Doctor Nick posted:

if you want to argue that Palhares has diminished mental capacity, you better show some reports from medical examiners that have examined Palhares in person.

this has nothing to do with Palhares supposedly being mentally challenged and everything with the fact that he's an rear end in a top hat

murilo bustamante went as far as personally hiring a psychologist for the man

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

This is really worth watching.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

murilo bustamante went as far as personally hiring a psychologist for the man

Oh to be a fly on the wall

mewse
May 2, 2006

manyak posted:

Yeah but I bet I could beat him in a grappling match

E: with my white belt level abilities

corillon
Jun 18, 2004

When you giggle you leak piss.
Grimey Drawer
Rousimar's managers sounds like a Simpson's character with his excuses. "Sure my client has a history of trying to cripple people, but I did talk to him one time about it. We said 'no Rousimar, no', He didn't listen what are you going to do?"

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/08/wsof-president-ray-sefo-explains-rousimar-palhares-suspension-manager-responds

His wordplay on the suspension was cute, as if he doesn't know they are waiting for the AC response.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

corillon posted:

Rousimar's managers sounds like a Simpson's character with his excuses. "Sure my client has a history of trying to cripple people, but I did talk to him one time about it. We said 'no Rousimar, no', He didn't listen what are you going to do?"

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/08/wsof-president-ray-sefo-explains-rousimar-palhares-suspension-manager-responds

His wordplay on the suspension was cute, as if he doesn't know they are waiting for the AC response.

quote:

[Palhare's manager Alex] Davis cited a recent blog posting from UFC lightweight Joe Lauzon, who analyzed the time he held submissions in fights versus Palhares, as “well put together” and yet misleading on the real issue at hand.

Lauzon concluded Palhares held onto submissions too long and called the Brazilian fighter “kind of a d-ck.”

“What makes Rousimar’s submissions so unpalatable is not the time he holds on, but it’s how far he cranks it,” Davis countered. “If you look at Joe Lauzon, he’s holding onto the submission, waiting for the referee to stop it. Well, Rousimar just keeps on going regardless of what happens. He’s zoned out; he just seems to lose contact with reality.”
I had no idea Rousimar was managed by a real-life Lionel Hutz.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

colonel_korn posted:

I had no idea Rousimar was managed by a real-life Lionel Hutz.

He sounds like he thinks he's supposed to be prosecuting him.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
alex davis is the guy who made emotional pleas to the world to let bigfoot take steroids

mewse
May 2, 2006

This is amazing

quote:

There are no rules that tell you how far you take a (limb) back or forth,” Davis said. “It’s a very subjective point. But I agree that if we’re looking at the safety of the fighters, and he’s done it time and again and we’ve tried to work with him, and try to make him not do it and he just keeps on doing it, I have to give my hands out to be slapped on that.

My client does keep injuring people, and we asked him not to, if you think about it it's really our fault not his

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
The problem isn't him holding onto it, it's him intentionally trying to hurt his opponents after the fight has ended. Now which one of you would care to join me for a belt of scotch.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

mewse posted:

This is amazing

My client does keep injuring people, and we asked him not to, if you think about it it's really our fault not his

Maybe you should let Rousimar slap your hand

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
paul is dumb and jakes a bitch, idk if i expected anything different

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Lloyd Boner posted:

Yeah I don't think Palhares is retarded, he's just a dick.

I think he's a bit of both.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I think he's a bit of both.

The best part about this was Palhares immediately getting dropped as soon as the fight restarted

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...
I just don't get it. How and why and where does someone become this level of rear end in a top hat? And just over and over again. He's a decent fighter and can catch submissions in impressive fashion, but to crank that poo poo like that repeatedly? Everyone sees it. Including far, far better fighters.
The best possible thing that could happen to this motherfucker -- and it would most certainly be the best teaching moment in fight history -- is for someone like Maia or, hell, Frank Mir to catch him in something and completely reverse the joint's direction despite all the taps and ref intervention in the world. Let it go when a cop threatens to taze you.
No use for shitheels like this in MMA. He needs a dose of his own medicine, and then maybe he'll learn.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
no, he won't learn. he hasn't. he probably can't. that's the crux of the issue

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
*watches profoundly retarded man get fired from his job, then going to a worse paying job and then getting fired for the same thing* This man can think, and be reasoned with.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

acejackson42 posted:

far, far better fighters.

I don't know that there are many guys I'd put in that category. The guy's an elite fighter regardless of his crazy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Even if WSOF let him go won't someone else just hire him as "The Man too REAL for other organisations"