Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

good show but some pretty bad continuity errors. one of the DOD teleports over to beat up angelico after standing behind Son of Havoc in the previous shot, and Hernandez's bandana disappears between shots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

To celebrate Hernandez's final match in LU, let's remember that time he almost killed a model in a music video.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
After the whole debacle between LU and TNA about him, I have to respect that he would still bother to tweet in kayfabe about the match:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Also, I've edited the card for Week 2 of ULTIMA LUCHA into the third post of the thread here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3733624#post448294472

GET HYPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEE

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

i found a whole lot of respect for hernandez after that match. jesus.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
A Message From Dario Cueto: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cGubCyBcWw

It's not exactly confirmation of season 2, but between making fun of "observers" who don't know actually what is going on behind the scenes, and promising that Ultima Lucha is "just the beginning" -- that's a whole lot of posturing if they don't think they are very close.

Also, drat Dario's actor owns.

Meadowhill
Jan 5, 2015
Shieeeeet... Dario's getting me all hot and bothered about ULTIMA LUCHA!

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
I got bored of seeing the gifs and random stuff about this show, so decided to give it a watch. FUUUUUUCK I LOVE IT. I love this goddamn universe that they're in. It also makes me really really miss Lucha Libre Tacoshop in San Diego that had all the wrestlers, their masks and videos on.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

The Lucha Underground Wikipedia page has blatant spoilers for UL night 2 :mad:

Avoid at all costs

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yeah, there's a big stupid argument on the Talk page about what constitutes spoilers and why they should be in the article.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Eric van Wagenen (main showrunner, the guy who was recently on Austin's podcast) is going to be doing an AMA this Friday at 10 am Pacific.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
well this was just posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR46O1n7rq8

edit: also, cubsfan made a pretty cool post looking back at the first episode.

The D in Detroit fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Aug 4, 2015

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

SpaceWolfPurrp posted:

because of course Vampiro is an actual vampire. This is Lucha Undergound

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Jonny Nox posted:

because of course Vampiro is an actual vampire. This is Lucha Undergound

Exactly. This is a company containing Mexican voodoo zombies, a walking steroid golem, a Bengal tiger, a firebird who is the walking incarnation of the force of life, a literal motherfucking dragon, and also some chump who likes moths. In the basement, the guy who owns the company keeps an Asian chick locked up across from his brother, who literally chewed a dude's face off.

With all of that, why the gently caress wouldn't Vampiro be an actual vampire?

Besides, this is also broadcast on El Rey. They might just turn it into a crossover with From Dusk Til Dawn if LU season 2 ever gets made.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

SpaceWolfPurrp posted:

Holy gently caress :stare:

the chewing thing he is doing at the camera at the end is really disturbing

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Aug 4, 2015

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

sticklefifer posted:

And did that dude in the white hoodie at the end just teleport out of existence or what? I'm losing track of magical ghost people.

I believe that was the guy from the beginning of the first episode. The kid getting beat up in the alley. I replayed it recently and realized the luchador who saved him was Dragon Azteca!

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Exactly. This is a company containing Mexican voodoo zombies, a walking steroid golem, a Bengal tiger, a firebird who is the walking incarnation of the force of life, a literal motherfucking dragon, and also some chump who likes moths. In the basement, the guy who owns the company keeps an Asian chick locked up across from his brother, who literally chewed a dude's face off.

With all of that, why the gently caress wouldn't Vampiro be an actual vampire?

Besides, this is also broadcast on El Rey. They might just turn it into a crossover with From Dusk Til Dawn if LU season 2 ever gets made.

This is a beautiful post and summary of LU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

SpaceWolfPurrp posted:

Now he just needs to wear a wig that looks like his hair did in the late 90s and we'll be operating at full Vampiro.

Maybe if the Insane Clown Posse take over commentary for the match, too, that would just complete the whole thing :v:

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014

Animal-Mother posted:

I believe that was the guy from the beginning of the first episode. The kid getting beat up in the alley. I replayed it recently and realized the luchador who saved him was Dragon Azteca!
I always thought the kid was meant to be Prince Puma before he learned how to fight.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Discount Trombones posted:

I always thought the kid was meant to be Prince Puma before he learned how to fight.

That's always what I figured, too, but it seems like he's someone else.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I love this loving company so, so much.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
Lucha underground is really really amazing.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
it really does break my heart that el hijo del perro aguayo passed away before he could hit up the temple and the vfw in reseda

he would have been perfect

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

I'm...kinda getting mixed messages here

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

StarkRavingMad posted:

I'm...kinda getting mixed messages here

He could easily have been told they'll get a season 2 but doesn't have details yet which is why there's not much he can say.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

SamuraiFoochs posted:

He could easily have been told they'll get a season 2 but doesn't have details yet which is why there's not much he can say.

:pray:

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Alvarez said that the prospects of season 2 are pretty bleak but that's Alvarez so take from that what you will.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
They've been extremely open with the fact that with Season 1, they had Mexican benefactors cover the gap between what they received from El Rey/Unimas and what they needed to do the show at the high level they wanted it at.

Season 2 is having a similar issue. Once they bridge that gap, Season 2's on.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Maybe if they stopped giving away so much Aztec gold funding would be less of a problem. Jeez Dario.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Also I think Big Ryck has made over a million dollars over the course of the show.

someone should make a Big Ryck getting paid supercut.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Maybe if they stopped giving away so much Aztec gold funding would be less of a problem. Jeez Dario.

Don't tell Dario how to Dario :colbert:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

SpaceWolfPurrp posted:

This is better than most of the action or horror movies I saw last year. I'm constantly amazed at how much money they're willing to throw at this, and how few people actually watch the product compared to poo poo-garbage like TNA.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

This is better than most of the action or horror movies I saw last year. I'm constantly amazed at how much money they're willing to throw at this, and how few people actually watch the product compared to poo poo-garbage like TNA.
Not to mention that this is Vampiro. This one video puts him across better than he ever was in his prime, really.

Revenant Threshold fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Aug 5, 2015

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

The fact that I am hyped for a Vampiro match is testament to how loving awesome LU is

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jenkem Delivery posted:

The fact that I am hyped for a Vampiro match is testament to how loving awesome LU is

A Vampiro match for which I've already read spoilers no less, thanks to Dave "Fuckboy" Meltzer.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Gonna tell the boss that I have to leave early today so I can pick up my tuxedo from the cleaners and pop a bottle of expensive champagne for Ultima Lucha.

I've somehow managed to avoid spoilers for the most part. I know who wins Puma/Muertes because of loving Wikipedia, and I caught wind of one hilarious thing that occurs during Mundo/El Patron, but I've managed to dodge everything else. But the wrestling is entertaining enough where even knowing an outcome doesn't ruin it. Like knowing last week's results in advance wouldn't tell the story of those matches at all. Unless they described the mighty MACKWEISER STUNNER.

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Aug 5, 2015

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Speaking of spoilers, there's a Rolling Stone article floating around today about Ultima Lucha that I guess has some minor spoilers about Pentagon/Vampiro. I haven't read it because someone warned me. But interesting thing in the article that was quoted to me - apparently the graffiti on the Temple walls has hidden messages in it hinting at story arcs that they plan to do in later seasons.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

StarkRavingMad posted:

Speaking of spoilers, there's a Rolling Stone article floating around today about Ultima Lucha that I guess has some minor spoilers about Pentagon/Vampiro. I haven't read it because someone warned me. But interesting thing in the article that was quoted to me - apparently the graffiti on the Temple walls has hidden messages in it hinting at story arcs that they plan to do in later seasons.

:mad: Now I gotta watch all of LU again.

Also:

:neckbeard: Now I gotta watch all of LU again!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Also that they could make me interested in the least memorable member of The Corre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Mundo just finished an AMA:

quote:

Did you get along with CM Punk?

CM Punk, yes! had some great times training & riding with him & Luke Gallows-
Looking forward to watching his UFC career

What is your favorite match or matches to date?

Thanks for watching Lucha!
Tonight is going to be epic-
my favorite match is my next match

Who were some of the biggest bullies in the WWE locker room?

drat, you want me to name names… haha- eventually I'll have to write a book-

Who do you feel you have the best chemistry with in the ring over your career?

Alberto El Patron, the matches we've been having in Lucha Underground have been taking my game to the next level

what are the best and worst pranks you've seen pulled on fellow wrestlers and yourself?

among the best & worst-
poo poo sauna. After a wrester leaves his room for a show someone sneaks in, takes a dump in the dudes shower & turns the heat all the way up in the room… when the guy gets back to his room…

Huge fan of all your characters John, looking forward to tonight against Alberto El Patron! I was wondering if you prefer having an open contract where you can make appearances in smaller promotions, or an exclusive contract where you can really build a character?

Thank you! Johnny Mundo vs Alberto is going to steal the show tonight. Ultima Lucha could become an iconic event in the pro wrestling business, it's not often that a wrestler gets to be a part something like this.
I enjoy having an open contract, it keeps things constantly interesting, different crowds, different opponents, different promotions… a character in pro wrestling can be developed regardless of having an exclusive contract

How has life been outside of WWE?
Obviously, your Lucha Underground work, but also just life outside of the travel and the demands of working for a big, publicly traded company like WWE?

Working for Lucha Underground has been great, This is a group of passionate motivated people collaborating on a vision, Season 1 of lucha felt like working for a Start Up company vs working for a Large Cap company-
aside from that the time to work on my own projects has been really important to me- Acting, writing, producing… stuff in the entertainment industry has been great

We all know you're the true face of Lucha Underground. How good did it feel to throw El Patron through Dario Cueto's office window??

it. felt. amazing. he had it coming. I'm looking forward to looking him eye to eye tonight on the season finale of Lucha Underground & showing that culero why I am the face of Lucha Underground

What is your favorite Wrestling memory?
What is your favorite Wrestling match?

Hiyo! drat, I hate always having to pick 'a favorite' memory or match … much easier to just remember a few great memories… Winning the IC title from Rey Mysterio in Cleveland, Throwing Alberto El Patron through the glass window of Dario Cueto's office, getting speared off the band stand by Puma in Lucha Underground, super kicking HHH on RAW, walking to the ring with Melina (every time), winning the Slammy for Tag Team of the year…

What was you most memorable match in the WWE?

most memorable? grrrrrrr… so subjective-
For me, it changes all the time… now I'm thinking of the 1st ladder match I had vs. Jeff Hardy for the IC title, first ladder match I had & still one of my best

would your finisher in the WWE ever bother you? You were such a good worker, but your finish would sometimes drive me nuts because it would look like it didn't hit half the time. But when it did, it looked great.

Yes! I always cringe when I watch my old stuff especially when Starship Pain didn't look impactful- I've tuning up my wrestling in Lucha Underground, and that is one of the things I set out to change from day one

What was your favorite place to go to in Louisville back when you were in OVW?

Too many awesome restaurants to name, hitting the stony brook movie theatre with all the OVW roster & doing commentary on whatever movie we were watching...

How cool has it been to see Joe Mercury on TV (almost) every Monday?

Amazing, I've said in tons of interviews how awesome it is to see Joey on RAW again- one of the greatest minds for pro wrestling I had the privilege of working with

My question is what evolutions do you see coming in this business and what role do you hope to play? I ask as you seem like an innovator both in the ring and now how you present your personal brand....

Great question, I think Lucha Underground is the evolution of the business- The 1 hour show format as opposed to the 3 hour RAW TV show is a great example of what I think is going to happen with wrestling- eventually an emphasis on quality is going to become increasingly important. I don't have 3 hours to spend watching wrestling, I fast forward through my DVR when I watch RAW… that eliminates the advantage of having a live show altogether.
There is something to be said about watching something live though…
I plan on being part of the amalgamation of wrestling and other forms of entertainment… TV, movies… etc… but everything in wrestling ultimately goes back to a connection that wrestlers build with people watching what happens when the bell rings.

Hello Mr. Hennigan! I have two questions. how difficult was the process of Tough Enough during the season you won and (if you've seen any of it) how does it compare to the current season of Tough Enough? Thanks for doing this AMA and putting smiles on people's faces.

haha! smiles on faces or… maximum smilage as referred to by the body guys (Carlito & Masters)
Tough Enough was intense! This season of tough enough is too corporate- I feel like a smaller group of coaches would be better, too many chefs in the kitchen on this one…

If real Luchadores could transform into things such as Pinballs, Bulldozers, and so on like in the cartoon Mucha Lucha, what would you transform into for your signature Lucha move?

Double Side Flip! aka Boone Bomb, one of the moves I use in the movie Boone the Bounty Hunter to knock out a top heel in the movie.
maybe call it the 'Canon Ball'

Was Melina jealous of the bromance you and Miz had going?

Jealous?
haha no, it sucked at the time when the rosters split & we couldn't ride together but Melina wasn't jealous of anything

Would you ever return to WWE ?

I really stoked about Lucha Underground right now

Are there currently active wrestlers you'd like to work with but haven't yet and if so, who?

Fenix, Pentagon Jr, Kalisto, Neville, Balor, Bray Wyatt… those and them some

--
Thank you all for hanging out with me for this AMA
Make sure to watch Ultima Lucha tonight! 8pm on the El Rey Network-
I'm proud to be working for Lucha Underground, and extremely proud of the match tonight vs. Alberto.
I started in this business because I loved watching it when I was a kid. Thank you all for being fans of wrestling, without you there would be no me… & no other wrestlers, or pro wrestling for that matter. I’m humbled & honored every time I have the opportunity to perform in front of you all-
If you want people know that you are part of the JohnTourage, order your Morrison / Mundo sunglasses with crosses right now: http://www.prowrestlingtees.com/wrestler-t-shirts/johnny-mundo/johnny-glasses.html
follow me on twitter: @TheRealMorrison instagram: @JohnHennigan
Get #LeanAndMean with Out Of Your Mind Fitness https://www.outofyourmindfitness.com
This Is My World.
Johnny Mundo

I believe "poo poo sauna" is the best unused catchphrase in the business.

• Locked thread