Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Oh good, it looks like they fixed the loophole of the truth not always being a valid defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filboid Studge
Oct 1, 2010
And while they debated the matter among themselves, Conradin made himself another piece of toast.

Northern Ireland's libel laws have not been and will not be updated, as libel tourism is a cottage industry here- some solicitors here like to work in Belfast and Dublin simultaneously, doubling the defence costs.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Am I too late to make a "Pedophile Island" joke?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Probably been done before, but why not go for it anyway?
Also: Sup, dude?

Kaislioc
Feb 14, 2008

Mycroft Holmes posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcU7FaEEzNU

At least 14 years.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
There's already a pedophile island where literally over 50% of the people on the island were pedophiles. They were all the descendents of British too.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Guavanaut posted:

There's already a pedophile island where literally over 50% of the people on the island were pedophiles. They were all the descendents of British too.

What?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Pitcairn. It's a British Overseas Territory. Sadly they didn't pick up cricket and went for the other national hobby.

(Also your username is illegal to depict in the UK)

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Surely "Pedophile Ilse"

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
Oh, god. My sympathy to the Brits, here. This is going to echo, isn't it?

Here's the question - this is recent enough in time that newer politicians could qualify as, er, 'groomed' by them - their proteges.

Who is potentially shadowed by this theoretical list?

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
^ maybe an american can post it

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!

Guavanaut posted:

Pitcairn. It's a British Overseas Territory. Sadly they didn't pick up cricket and went for the other national hobby.

(Also your username is illegal to depict in the UK)

I'm not racist, but what is with this demographic and child molestation? It seems like every week we hear of a new paedophile ring just full of these people. I'm not saying all British and/or white men are bad, but we can't allow them to bring their culture into Britain. Why don't any prominent white men speak out against this?

The Supreme Court fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Aug 5, 2015

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Surely "Pedophile Ilse"
Paedoph Isles. :colbert:

Ran Mad Dog
Aug 15, 2006
Algeapea and noodles - I will take your udon!
Christ, someone send me the list and I'll post it.

I did a search and found nothing, so I don't think anyone has it though.

Ran Mad Dog fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Aug 5, 2015

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Post the list and this will be the last face you see.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Ran Mad Dog posted:

Christ, someone send me the list and I'll post it.

I did a search and found nothing, so I don't think anyone has it though.

Are we talking about the list Philip Schofield waved under Cameron's nose? Because that was pretty much compiled from David Icke forums posts and is (or at least was :tinfoil:) freely available from there, and the level of proof they offer is around about the same level of proof that they have for Prince Phillip being a reptiloid alien.

(Although the last year is seriously beginning to make me look at the necks of the rick for evidence of gills)

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Warcabbit posted:

Oh, god. My sympathy to the Brits, here. This is going to echo, isn't it?

Here's the question - this is recent enough in time that newer politicians could qualify as, er, 'groomed' by them - their proteges.

It isn't a political thing, it's a byproduct of the old school tie network. The very best of public schools used to have a tradition of younger boys serving and being physically abused by the older, and by repute that often included a bit of solid character-building buggery. It's hardly surprising when some of the students find they have a taste for it. It faded out over the last 30-50 years, though, so the incumbent generation will hopefully be the last.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jedit posted:

It faded out over the last 30-50 years, though, so the incumbent generation will hopefully be the last.

We assume.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Jedit posted:

It isn't a political thing, it's a byproduct of the old school tie network. The very best of public schools used to have a tradition of younger boys serving and being physically abused by the older, and by repute that often included a bit of solid character-building buggery. It's hardly surprising when some of the students find they have a taste for it. It faded out over the last 30-50 years, though, so the incumbent generation will hopefully be the last.

I think what's been happening in Rotherham and elsewhere proves that paedophilia transcends bounds of class and race. What has to change (and hopefully we're seeing the first big wave of that change) is the culture of silence around it.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Warcabbit posted:

At the moment, the whole drat government, paedo or no, is threatened. One of the reasons the police are being so hush-hush with names is that being caught up in this scandal (even if not actively involved or later found to be not culpable in any way) is obviously so politically poisonous as to destroy careers. Slinging around names of high profile politicians is dicey at the best of times, but with the Tory party holding a tiny majority of 12 MPs, there's a chance that this scandal could take down a sitting government if anyone currently in a high profile position is involved.

Any government can normally expect to lose a few MPs during it's run through ill health, death or resignations through the more mundane forms of scandal. By-elections are used as an opportunity for opposition parties to prey on weakness in the current government, and as such are prone to high intensity shock campaigning. Losing even a couple of sitting politicians at the wrong time could theoretically trigger a chain reaction that forces a mid term coalition or even a collapse in government.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Also, when the Government is looking to make more 'austerity savings', no superintendent is going to stick his/her neck out to name names for fear of the Chancellor's Cuts Lottery drawing the Home Office.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Spangly A posted:

Yo if someone can demonstrate a similar case where the US has told the UK to gently caress off on a national security libel issue, then I'll post everything I can dig up that wont jeapordise any of the victims. Some things will out them by their very nature, like bank records, and I won't post those without being certain they're determined.
There's this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SPEECH_Act

But I don't know how jurisdiction works on t'interwebs. Though if a USican posted something to a USican site whilst in the US, that would seem pretty clear-cut.

Note that the law still means that USican libel laws apply.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Right and US libel cases are extremely difficult to lose as the defendant.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

VanSandman posted:

Probably been done before, but why not go for it anyway?
Also: Sup, dude?

Nothing much. Found some other people to D&D with now that you're gone.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

The Supreme Court posted:

I'm not racist, but what is with this demographic and child molestation? It seems like every week we hear of a new paedophile ring just full of these people. I'm not saying all British and/or white men are bad, but we can't allow them to bring their culture into Britain. Why don't any prominent white men speak out against this?

Not a great joke to make, considering the Rotherham scandal.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Jedit posted:

Yes, I'm aware of this. I was just thinking - good lord, what if some more current politicians had the same proclivities, perhaps were given a leg up by their, er, elders. This could snowball wider.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

boom boom boom posted:

i feel like you missed the point a bit

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Didn't the Pitcairn pedos actually try to justify themselves by saying sex with young girls was part of their Polynesian cultural heritage?

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

ukle posted:

As long as the courts decide that the British courts are the correct place for the case to be heard, yes.

Also back to the real topic...

Kent Police have announced they are also investigating former PM Edward Heath, that makes 4 areas conducting investigations into him - Wiltshire, London Met, Jersey, and now Kent Police. At this rate half the countries forces will have investigations on him by the weekend.

Nearly:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/aug/05/investigation-edward-heath-child-abuse-claims-go-national posted:

A nationally coordinated police investigation into claims that the former prime minister Edward Heath sexually abused children is to be set up by the end of the week.

The inquiry will be led by a senior investigating officer who is likely to be appointed from either the Kent, Wiltshire or Hampshire force, all of which are investigating separate allegations that Heath sexually abused children.

But a central plank of the allegations against the former prime minister, who died in 2005, was denied on Wednesday by a former brothel keeper – said to be the original source of claims in the 1990s that Heath abused boys.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Silver2195 posted:

Didn't the Pitcairn pedos actually try to justify themselves by saying sex with young girls was part of their Polynesian cultural heritage?

It was either that it their pirate cultural heritage. Also most pitcairners were moved to Norfolk island in the 50s so I guess they just left all the paedos behind.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

:thejoke:

Rotherham was the point. Specifically, poking fun at all the racists who have blamed the Rotherham culprits on genetics/ culture while conveniently ignoring that argument's implications with the Catholic church, political, and media child molesting circles.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

a pipe smoking dog posted:

It was either that it their pirate cultural heritage.
They made an interesting argument that their island wasn't part of Britain because of their ancestors' capital crime of burning the Bounty.

If it wasn't for all the child rape, I would have been interested to see community-scale sovereign citizenism vs. the last clawing relics of imperialism and might have been on their side.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

They made an interesting argument that their island wasn't part of Britain because of their ancestors' capital crime of burning the Bounty.

If it wasn't for all the child rape, I would have been interested to see community-scale sovereign citizenism vs. the last clawing relics of imperialism and might have been on their side.

It's an interesting issue, but Pitcairn had been sending their various incidents to the UK's legal system and accepting the rulings for decades. Add in the islander testimony that the population was aware they were living under British law and there's really not much of an argument.

The Supreme Court fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Aug 6, 2015

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

It's an interesting issue, but Pitcairn had been sending their various incidents to the UK's legal system and accepting the rulings for decades. Add in the islander testimony that the population was aware they were living under British law and there's really not much of an argument.
Yeah, I got a sense of the sovereign citizen thing about it. "We got caught, therefore the law is invalid because of [one weird trick]" but applied to an entire territory. If it were for something other than the systematic rape and abuse of children (systematic weed growing, opium smoking, public nudity, or something) I would have cheered on the bizarre legal debate. "Is a fallen empire really going to travel to the middle of the Pacific to stop x, when x is something the whole island wants to do?"
As it was, it was pretty awful and only half the island wanted to do it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If it were anything else I would love for them to parachute in one single bobby in dress blues to investigate.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

OwlFancier posted:

If it were anything else I would love for them to parachute in one single bobby in dress blues to investigate.

And then get burned in a giant statue made of palm fronds and coconuts?

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

a pipe smoking dog posted:

And then get burned in a giant statue made of palm fronds and coconuts?

KILLING ME WONT BRING BACK YOUR GODDAMN HONEYS

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Kegluneq posted:

Paedoph Isles. :colbert:

:golfclap:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

It is literally the thread title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Mr. Squishy posted:

It is literally the thread title.

Ah ah, nope. Missing the ph

• Locked thread