Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Andarel posted:

ActingPower, you moderator extraordinaire?

It's you and... who then? Whoever it is, go ahead and send me a PM for which character you want!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

Andarel posted:

@Owl/topic in general: How much are people playing online here? I saw a few matches in the old thread but didn't do much more than skim.

(We played in LF at the gencon tournament, I had Kehrolyn/Shekhtur/Byron.)

Usually 3-5 games going on at any one time, stretching from 1-3 weeks. A new one starts up roughly whenever an old one ends, usually. We're just in a bit of a lull right now between Gen Con recovery and busy moderators.

Also: That loser's final game was painful. I absolutely hamstrung myself by banning Kehrolyn instead of Shekhtur. I'd been up for something like 20 hours by that point due to work, and couldn't remember basics like "Kehrolyn cares about discarded styles, not bases" and "Shekhtur doesn't give a gently caress about stun guard."

Not to diminish your victory, you were playing some tight BattleCON. I just wish I'd put up a better struggle.

How'd you do in the finals?

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Aug 6, 2015

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

@Owl: Fnorder did the same thing to me on the other side of the table, I think I died having dealt like 4 damage in our first Shekhtur vs Lixis round... I think Shekhtur vs Lixis is going to get super lopsided a lot because they're both so pressure-based. I remember spending a while trying to figure out how to get out of a 5-bases-in-discard situation D: I don't think there's much Lixis can do about trading vs. Jugular Brand if she doesn't have Naturalizing though, that pair is so good. I'm not sure which of the two I'd rather play into her, but it was super late and Shekhtur is definitely better at punishing misplays than Kehrolyn's walk-at-the-opponent-and-flail-angrily playstyle.

Managed to pull Chris into the loser's bracket but got murdered by Tatsumi after the reset. Probably could have won if I had more experience vs Tatsumi but he was playing very well and I wasn't comfortable against her movement (Kehrolyn's hit-confirm is so bad...).

@ActingPower: Need to pick up the ability to PM, sending now. Need to level up my predictioning...

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree

Andarel posted:

Millenium Blades does horrible unspeakable things to tables. The only game I have that is comparable in terms of table consumption is probably Imperial Settlers where you take 50% of the deck and just kinda fling it at the player boards to watch it consume all available space. To put it simply, Millenium Blades is 7 sheets of 11x17 paper (5 player mats, 1 aftermarket, 1 normal market), plus elbow room and overflow while deckbuilding, plus a place to put your money and friendship and sell tokens if you don't have them on the map.

How does it compare to Argent? That game takes up a heck of a lot of real estate as well.

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Saguaro PI posted:

How does it compare to Argent? That game takes up a heck of a lot of real estate as well.

Comparable. If you organize your spells efficiently, MB has maybe 20% more table space required than Argent in my experience.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Andarel posted:

Comparable. If you organize your spells efficiently, MB has maybe 20% more table space required than Argent in my experience.

drat.

Not gonna stop me from buying it for a loving moment, though.

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Well, the nice thing is that it's mostly just your big player mats. Argent is big but it's got to do with pushing cards around, so in the average case they'll probably be about the same size if you're just kinda spreading out your spells.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
The big problem with Argent is there's just no good way to consolidate anything. All the stuff that's in play is important, but it's all designed in such a way that you can't easily just shove everything together and have it all work. It's the one frustration I have with it because it's a fun game but even if you have a table big enough to fit everything you wind up with players who have to take pictures of the tableaus on their phone or else spend half the time standing and leaning over the table to see what's on offer.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

I feel like I need to sharpen my claws on someone. Anyone wanna throw down?

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!

Gutter Owl posted:

I feel like I need to sharpen my claws on someone. Anyone wanna throw down?

I always want to face you!

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
I'll mod. Send me your character choices! Or say "random" as usual and give way to the wicked whims of Wol.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Andarel posted:

Jesus. Sounds like we're talking a genuine competitor to Arkham Horror.

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Also if Kehrolyn cared about bases and not styles I would only ever play Bladed Drive Strike because I think it beats everything for a billion damage.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Andarel posted:

Also if Kehrolyn cared about bases and not styles I would only ever play Bladed Drive Strike because I think it beats everything for a billion damage.

Hey, I didn't say it made any sense. This is what I get for trying to have actual fun on a job site.

EDIT: I feel like bringing my A Game. I'm picking a favorite, Goo. You should probably do the same.

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

By the way, I spoke to go7gaming about the case from Worlds earlier today and got this response:

quote:

The insert used for the prize is the ASB-002 with 3x additional MULT-DIV-001 dividers packs + baggies

We are in the process of moving to a new external solution in place of the case Brad had at GenCon, so all we have on hand are the unengraved cases we are selling.

I'm waiting to hear back on what that new external solution is.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Andarel posted:

By the way, I spoke to go7gaming about the case from Worlds earlier today and got this response:

I'm waiting to hear back on what that new external solution is.

Could you expound on this? I have a super awesome go7gaming battlecon chest but I'm always interested in what's up

Also I'm about ready to just say gently caress it and make my own inserts out of plywood or MDF and larger cardboard boxes. Say, something like this

http://www.uline.com/BL_1405/Jumbo-Carrying-Cases

signalnoise fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Aug 6, 2015

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

I dunno the details, they said something about an external solution and I'm interested in hearing so I shot a reply. Which battlecon chest do you use - the one that slots into DoI? My DoI box was dead on arrival and lvl99 never replaced it so I taped the edge up and just kinda stuck with it...which means anything that uses that box is a no-go =[

Hobby Lobby artist's case is just a bit too big to really be convenient for me, hard to travel with unless you're throwing it in the back of a car.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Andarel posted:

I dunno the details, they said something about an external solution and I'm interested in hearing so I shot a reply. Which battlecon chest do you use - the one that slots into DoI? My DoI box was dead on arrival and lvl99 never replaced it so I taped the edge up and just kinda stuck with it...which means anything that uses that box is a no-go =[

I have the one that slots into DoI but also I have this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeOPRVGNs4k

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

I'd be worried about that being big enough to hold all the stuff once Fate, Trials, Wanderers, etc. start hitting... How's it compare size-wise to the DoI one?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Andarel posted:

I'd be worried about that being big enough to hold all the stuff once Fate, Trials, Wanderers, etc. start hitting... How's it compare size-wise to the DoI one?

Misunderstood the question at first. The DoI chest is about 13x15x15

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Oh derp it's double-layered, nevermind. Yeah that's pretty huge.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I would be worried about weight at that point. Holy poo poo that would be heavy.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Oh it is

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

The standard Hobby Lobby setup looks like it holds 60 characters if you use the Character Select tuckboxes which are about the right size. It might be more efficient organized in a different way - maybe more standard tuckboxes and separate standees? Either way it should hold everything through Fate which would be a good start. Unfortunately, that'd ruin the portable setup I have going, so that's blah.

Do War and Fate come with the envelopes Devastation came with?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Get serious. REAL serious.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Christ on high.

Mad Fnorder
Apr 22, 2008
"Why the Lock, though?"

"Ottavia's in there."

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Mad Fnorder posted:

"Why the Lock, though?"

"Ottavia's in there."

:commissar:

I think best bet might be hobby lobby, no character select screen, with a big reference sheet pasted to the inside top of the box and a little booklet for newer players to look at. I'll have to see what resources I have available to make that happen, and still waiting to hear back from go7gaming about what other solution they might be offering.

Is there full art of the character splashes somewhere? Wiki just has the character heads. I guess the PnP might have.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

What nobody told me is that Battlecon is actually a game about organizing cards. Every game Level99 makes is actually a meta organization game.

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Well, Millenium Blades has 80% of its playtime literally dedicated to organizing cards. SO there's that.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

signalnoise posted:

What nobody told me is that Battlecon is actually a game about organizing cards. Every game Level99 makes is actually a meta organization game.

Didn't someone actually make a game that's all about organizing an inventory of items Tetris style ala Resident Evil 4? That seems like a thing someone ought to have done by now.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Gutter Owl (Iri) vs OmegaGoo (Tanis) is up!

Dire Wombat
Oct 29, 2011

In this world, there is no truth. The truth is made later on and overwrites what comes before it. Real truth doesn't exist anywhere.
I'm still waiting for a game if anyone's ready to ref one.

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Check with ActingPower, I threw a character in but I dunno who the other side is yet.

Ldsity
May 29, 2015

Which guy?

That Huang Gai?
Im up for a game but I was gonna let you 2 duke it out this time. AP said was up for modding

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

If you don't mind a super lo fi mod, I can do something I suppose.

Dire Wombat
Oct 29, 2011

In this world, there is no truth. The truth is made later on and overwrites what comes before it. Real truth doesn't exist anywhere.

Shadow225 posted:

If you don't mind a super lo fi mod, I can do something I suppose.

I'll wait and see if ActingPower is available first, but yeah, that's fine. Modding is pretty easy, really.

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Sounds good to me.

I need to get more comfortable with the higher flight characters. Played Gaspar for the first time earlier this week and it was painful.

- Also either the AI's Shekhtur is borked or my copy of Devastation is misprinted because she's getting +power for moving with Spiral instead of -power.

Andarel fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Aug 7, 2015

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!

Andarel posted:

Sounds good to me.

I need to get more comfortable with the higher flight characters. Played Gaspar for the first time earlier this week and it was painful.

- Also either the AI's Shekhtur is borked or my copy of Devastation is misprinted because she's getting +power for moving with Spiral instead of -power.

It's borked. Shekhtur gets -power from Spiral.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

We will call it...Stalpiral.