Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Master Twig posted:

I do. :shobon:

Which gets to my pet peeve on dating websites. I hate that many sites give me daily matches with women whom I have literally nothing in common with. I hate that I have to literally send out hundreds of messages to even get one reply, and never get a message sent from a woman who browsed my page. And it's not just me. Every guy I know has had the exact same experience. Everyone I know who says that online dating has been great and gotten them lots of dates is a woman, except for one guy, but even he said he was on for six months and sent hundreds of messages before meeting someone.

:agreed: I figured that finding people on OKC would be super easy because I had heard so many horror stories from female friends that I assumed I just had to be Not a Rapist/Not a Misogynist and watch the matches come flying in. Turns out that every even vaguely attractive woman is so bombarded with messages that it's much more difficult to stand out than I thought. I have gone out a couple of times on dates from there but they didn't work out.

To add to dating site pet peeves:
People who like your profile but then don't respond to messages
People who respond to your first message politely and then go silent (this is even worse than just ignoring somebody!)
People who do BOTH of the above.

gently caress it, I should just get Tinder when I have time. One of my friends is getting married to a Tinder match next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

The most confusing thing is when a woman messages you and then ignores you when you try to keep the conversation going
Example:

Woman: Hi! How was your weekend?

Me: I had fun. I went to the like with friends. Went swimming, grilled out, etc. Did you do anything fun?

Woman: No.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Nooner posted:

I cant STAND emptyquote posting

I can't either.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

grittyreboot posted:

The most confusing thing is when a woman messages you and then ignores you when you try to keep the conversation going
Example:

Woman: Hi! How was your weekend?

Me: I had fun. I went to the like with friends. Went swimming, grilled out, etc. Did you do anything fun?

Woman: No.

Yeah, I like when someone wants to know about me but when I try to politely shift the conversation to being about them and the convo dies, that's pretty much dealbreaking. If you're uncomfortable talking about yourself at all than the dating scene might not be for you!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

grittyreboot posted:

I found when I was on OKCupid years ago I got messages from two types of women. Middle-aged women (I was in my early twenties) who "weren't hitting on me" and women my own age who'd only want to chat online, never actually meet.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

grittyreboot posted:

How did that happen?!

This actually happened on my first shift as a taxi driver.

Late at night, bunch of youngsters out on the piss. One of them, a young girl, falls asleep in the cab. Her friends pay the taxi, and gently caress off. I stop them, all "Hey what about your friend, here?", they go "Oh gently caress her, just throw her out, she's a pain in the arse anyway" and then run off giggling.

Some friends, huh?

So, unsure as to what to do at 3am with a comatose scantily clad girl - and the police all busy sorting out the weekly 3am riot as the nightclubs discharge - I go into her purse, get her I.D and take her to her house. Which, as it turns out, is a super fancy pseudo-mansion on the outskirts of town. So I'm carrying her along the big fancy rear end gravel path to her house, when the door explodes open and a huge, very angry, very bald man comes barreling out, screaming incoherently about how I should be ashamed of myself and she's half my age, and then punches me in my big stupid face.

For the record, I look kind of like Sasquatch, if Sasquatch was a rapist from the 1970s.

So I drop the slumbering girly girl, stagger back a few steps and put up my fists, determined to prevent further punches from hitting my stupid face, and he advances on me, and then suddenly the door explodes open again and his very small, very feisty wife comes rocketing out and starts haranguing him about how it's obviously a TAXI DRIVER you IDIOT look he has a TAXI and anyway her boyfriend's blonde and shorter why would a kidnapper bring her back here et cetera et cetera and basically henpecks the poor fucker back into the house.

Anyway, she brings me in for a cup of tea and is very grateful at the return of her daughter - turns out she's some kind of wild child who'd fallen in for an older dude who seemed to be trying to wangle in on her folk's money, who had hosed off with her a week before and they'd been worried sick. Anger Dad just assumed the worst. No harm done, I have a resilient face.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Disgusting Coward posted:

For the record, I look kind of like Sasquatch, if Sasquatch was a rapist from the 1970s.

Have you considered endeavoring not to look like 1970s rapist Sasquatch? Or is it just one of those things where you grow hair so fast that shaving is an exercise in utility?

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer

Disgusting Coward posted:

This actually happened on my first shift as a taxi driver.

Late at night, bunch of youngsters out on the piss. One of them, a young girl, falls asleep in the cab. Her friends pay the taxi, and gently caress off. I stop them, all "Hey what about your friend, here?", they go "Oh gently caress her, just throw her out, she's a pain in the arse anyway" and then run off giggling.

Some friends, huh?

So, unsure as to what to do at 3am with a comatose scantily clad girl - and the police all busy sorting out the weekly 3am riot as the nightclubs discharge - I go into her purse, get her I.D and take her to her house. Which, as it turns out, is a super fancy pseudo-mansion on the outskirts of town. So I'm carrying her along the big fancy rear end gravel path to her house, when the door explodes open and a huge, very angry, very bald man comes barreling out, screaming incoherently about how I should be ashamed of myself and she's half my age, and then punches me in my big stupid face.

So I drop the slumbering girly girl, stagger back a few steps and put up my fists, determined to prevent further punches from hitting my stupid face, and he advances on me, and then suddenly the door explodes open again and his very small, very feisty wife comes rocketing out and starts haranguing him about how it's obviously a TAXI DRIVER you IDIOT look he has a TAXI and anyway her boyfriend's blonde and shorter why would a kidnapper bring her back here et cetera et cetera and basically henpecks the poor fucker back into the house.

Anyway, she brings me in for a cup of tea and is very grateful at the return of her daughter - turns out she's some kind of wild child who'd fallen in for an older dude who seemed to be trying to wangle in on her folk's money, who had hosed off with her a week before and they'd been worried sick. Anger Dad just assumed the worst. No harm done, I have a resilient face.

This is gold.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Baldbeard posted:

They shouldn't.
This is my peeve.

Nobody gives a poo poo about people with developmental issues and especially physical deformities because it's not trendy to stand up for them on social media.
I see the same social rights heroes say poo poo like, "This retard came in the other day..." or even worse making fun of respite care workers who are with their clients out in public. It's insane how many regular, everyday folk literally think people with disabilities shouldn't be allowed to restaurants and public places and believe it's a shame they weren't aborted.

People can be selective in where their morals and beliefs stand, but if you really want to judge character see how someone acts around a person with a severe disability.

I absolutely love this post, and I'm not being ironic in any way. I work with people who are physically and mentally disabled so it's frustrating as gently caress to see people get on their high horse over bigoted terminology, except for those retards, heh. :smug:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Henchman of Santa posted:

:agreed: I figured that finding people on OKC would be super easy because I had heard so many horror stories from female friends that I assumed I just had to be Not a Rapist/Not a Misogynist and watch the matches come flying in. Turns out that every even vaguely attractive woman is so bombarded with messages that it's much more difficult to stand out than I thought. I have gone out a couple of times on dates from there but they didn't work out.

To add to dating site pet peeves:
People who like your profile but then don't respond to messages
People who respond to your first message politely and then go silent (this is even worse than just ignoring somebody!)
People who do BOTH of the above.

gently caress it, I should just get Tinder when I have time. One of my friends is getting married to a Tinder match next year.

I VERY rarely got legitimate messages (hey I read your profile you're cool), just creepy old guys and 90000 "u want my dik?" I am female. I must be really hideous :( and I didn't even have an unreadable 1000000 word essay that wasn't angry (ie you cannot date me if you don't call me xe I'm not here to educate u!!!!)

Sad

I can't think of any other content so my pet peeve is guys sending "u want my dic" messages to every woman ever.

:(

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Thin Privilege posted:

I VERY rarely got legitimate messages (hey I read your profile you're cool), just creepy old guys and 90000 "u want my dik?" I am female. I must be really hideous :( and I didn't even have an unreadable 1000000 word essay that wasn't angry (ie you cannot date me if you don't call me xe I'm not here to educate u!!!!)

Sad

I can't think of any other content so my pet peeve is guys sending "u want my dic" messages to every woman ever.

:(

The eternal question is "what do they think will happen?"

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
That someone wants to see their dic

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.

pussy riot police posted:

That someone wants to see their dic

Ugh, no. They were terrible about dubbing shows.

Also the assumption that not wanting kids as a woman means that I am a child hating, baby eating Grinch-harpy bitch who will die alone and angry. Look, I got issues and I don't feel comfortable passing them on. I babysit just fine, but I'm not interested. Not wanting something is not the same as hating it. I don't want to eat potato salad, but I don't /hate/ it.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Henchman of Santa posted:

The eternal question is "what do they think will happen?"

If they sent the dick first, and it was big, I would comment "you have a nice dick" and that's it. Though I could see myself I cling on their profile I'd click on their profile & if they're hot and they could prove its their dick & they don't have horrible sdts maybe I would sleep w them. But the key is to send the dick pic FIRST. There was a pic of this guy in the random imgur thread flexing and his dick was bigger than his forearm. I would consider that. Unfortunately I can't find the picture right now.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Having a good dinner and everyone enjoying themselves when a member of the party sighs loudly and says he's depressed because of the Boy Scouts. When asked, because of course he wants someone to ask why, he laments that now gay men can openly serve and it's just like letting a grown man supervise girls because all gay men want to gently caress boys just like most men want to gently caress teenage girls. Most.

Way to kill the party, rear end in a top hat. Everyone was chatting up weekend plans and summer vacation and plans for next month and the dude drops this. Right across from a girl he doesn't know is a lesbian, and she said nothing because she was trying to keep everything civil. Someone changed the subject and when the dude realized no one wanted to hear more from him, he muttered a bit and was thankfully quiet.

The gently caress do you want to discuss a topic like that in goddamn public for? Can we hear your views on abortion next?

Re: dick pics. Unless you have that dragon tattoo penis, most of them look pretty similar. So it's always funny how that's one of the first questions asked. gently caress, I was on a lesbian dating site and got close to 20 messages a week from men who "wanted to show me not all men are pigs and I am a Nice Guy and love to eat out a woman's pussy." Uh. Thanks? Bonus points for the dude who sent a description of his dick.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Thin Privilege posted:

If they sent the dick first, and it was big, I would comment "you have a nice dick" and that's it. Though I could see myself I cling on their profile I'd click on their profile & if they're hot and they could prove its their dick & they don't have horrible sdts maybe I would sleep w them. But the key is to send the dick pic FIRST. There was a pic of this guy in the random imgur thread flexing and his dick was bigger than his forearm. I would consider that. Unfortunately I can't find the picture right now.

Please god, don't encourage people to send random dick pics

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I've been with my boyfriend for ages, and before that I met men the old-fashioned way, drunken hook-ups. Sometimes, in my weaker moments, I feel like I somehow missed out on a vital part of 21st century womanhood by never doing online dating. It sounds awful and I'd probably hate it, but it would be an experience, drat it.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Baldbeard posted:

They shouldn't.
This is my peeve.

Nobody gives a poo poo about people with developmental issues and especially physical deformities because it's not trendy to stand up for them on social media.
I see the same social rights heroes say poo poo like, "This retard came in the other day..." or even worse making fun of respite care workers who are with their clients out in public. It's insane how many regular, everyday folk literally think people with disabilities shouldn't be allowed to restaurants and public places and believe it's a shame they weren't aborted.

People can be selective in where their morals and beliefs stand, but if you really want to judge character see how someone acts around a person with a severe disability.

Holy poo poo, there are still people who refer to disabled people as "retards"? I thought it has just slowly become another word like "moron" or "idiot" and the debate is about if it is OK to use it when referring to dumb assholes...

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I love my fiancee to death but she forgets to take her phone with her to work at least once or twice a week and it drives absolutely bonkers. Yes e-mail exists but we've had a bunch of after-work errands we've had to run the past few months (getting married pretty soon) and we like to meet up after work to work out and for planning dinner and nyarrrrgh :argh: Your whole drat life is in that thing, surely you can check to make sure it's on your person before leaving the house?

Crow Jane posted:

I've been with my boyfriend for ages, and before that I met men the old-fashioned way, drunken hook-ups. Sometimes, in my weaker moments, I feel like I somehow missed out on a vital part of 21st century womanhood by never doing online dating. It sounds awful and I'd probably hate it, but it would be an experience, drat it.

I'm kind of in the same boat, my fiancee and I met in 2007 and have been together in an unbroken streak since, so I have zero experience with online dating and using social media to find love/get laid in general. I often wonder what it would be like (though that feeling's part of my much larger "What's dating like?" question) but the fact that, of all the things I could bitch about here, I'm bitching about my fiancee leaving her phone at home means that I've probably got it real good here so I don't worry about.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

C-Euro posted:

I'm kind of in the same boat, my fiancee and I met in 2007 and have been together in an unbroken streak since, so I have zero experience with online dating and using social media to find love/get laid in general. I often wonder what it would be like (though that feeling's part of my much larger "What's dating like?" question) but the fact that, of all the things I could bitch about here, I'm bitching about my fiancee leaving her phone at home means that I've probably got it real good here so I don't worry about.

Yeah, it's weird. It sounds... interesting, I guess? Something like Tinder would have certainly saved me a lot of effort and heartache, at any rate. But then I hear such horror stories both online and IRL, and I'm so, so grateful I never went through that, even if it means being with someone who's really terrible about rinsing out his cereal bowls and loves playing devil's advocate (to tie it into the pet peeve thing). Dick pics and creepiness aside, it would weird me out to know so much about a person right off the bat. I guess it would cut down on first date awkwardness, but I always liked the getting to know you stage :shrug:

Oh, and my boyfriend constantly gets peeved at me for accidentally leaving my phone at home or not answering his texts in a timely fashion. Are you him :ohdear:?

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Having nothing to do at work and a bunch of things that need to get done at places other than work. I mean, I'm getting paid, but I'm bored silly and frustrated I can't work on my to-do list. (I have yet to go into work but I'm reading online about how dead the place is.)

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Khazar-khum posted:

How dare those bastards attempt to use the ATM as a bank replacement, amirite?

Go to a bank then fucker.

Or literally every bank has a mobile app for checking balances and moving money between accounts. Even if you don't have an app, there's Internet banking.

It's 2015, the only thing that an ATM does that can't be done quicker elsewhere is dispense money

Thrifting Day! has a new favorite as of 20:52 on Aug 11, 2015

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

reformed bad troll posted:

Go to a bank then fucker.

Or literally every bank has a mobile app for checking balances and moving money between accounts. Even if you don't have an app, there's Internet banking.

It's 2015, the only thing that an ATM does that can't be done quicker elsewhere is dispense money

Sure, but I walk by an atm on my way home from work. Why not just deposit my paycheck there instead of waiting to get home to do it electronically, take photos that the app keeps rejecting because the check being flooded with light is still insufficient lighting, and then wait the three or four days it takes to clear instead of next day at an atm?

But that's pet peeve of mine: companies that still issue paper checks instead of going direct deposit.

Another is people who whistle in public bathrooms. Dude, I'm in the stall next to you, I don't want to hear your off-key shrill rendition of Smells Like Teen Spirit.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Crow Jane posted:

Oh, and my boyfriend constantly gets peeved at me for accidentally leaving my phone at home or not answering his texts in a timely fashion. Are you him :ohdear:?

If he's your boyfriend and not your fiancee, then it's probably not me :v: I think it's because pants for men have larger pockets, whenever I leave the house I make sure to touch both my thighs and my right buttcheck to make sure I have my phone, keys, and wallet. You can't really cram any of those into the pockets of my fiancee's jeans, I'm sorry you ladies have it so rough :(

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
On that note, fake pockets are the worst.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Agreed so hard.

When people say bless you before you sneeze.

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

:ocelot:
You're pretty good.
:ocelot:

Sociopastry posted:

Agreed so hard.

When people say bless you before you sneeze.

When people say anything about your relatively normal act of sneezing.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

As annoying as they are, I'd almost prefer fake pockets over the "pockets" that come with a lot of men's shorts. "Let's sew these pockets into the pants at such a shallow angle that poo poo will constantly falling out of them, especially when you sit down in a car."

I bought a pair of "beat-em-up" Mossimo-brand jeans from Target to wear while I work in the yard. I wasn't expecting much, but I soon discovered that the zipper is somewhere between 1/2 and 2/3rds the length of an ordinary zipper, meaning you can't even pull your dick out of them without unbuttoning the jeans and pulling them down slightly.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
I hate sneezing, period. I hate it when I have a giant sneeze that makes my chest muscles hurt. I hate it when I have eight tiny sneezes that come out without a breath in between, like machine-gun sneezes. I hate it when I'm talking to someone and have to pause to sneeze. I hate how some people compare orgasms to sneezes, so either they have the world's shittiest orgasms or my sneezes have been disappointing me all this time.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Vic Boss posted:

When people say anything about your relatively normal act of sneezing.

Uuuugh, yes. My bf sneezes like a nuke going off and I sneeze like someone squeezed a squeaky toy, and without fail, if one of us sneezes, people will come out of the loving woodwork to tell us how weird we sneeze. I AM AWARE THANK YOU I DO NOT NEED YOUR COMMENTARY.

Also my current pet peeve: people who take 60 years at the checkout. Dude you're buying booze you know they're gonna card you just get your ID and poo poo out while you're waiting your turn, gently caress.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Rabbit Hill posted:

I hate how some people compare orgasms to sneezes, so either they have the world's shittiest orgasms or my sneezes have been disappointing me all this time.

Who does this :psyduck: my money's on they have the world's shittiest orgasms.

People who blow their nose REALLY loud so it makes a pfffffttttt sound like an elephant, think those olde Bugs Bunny cartoons where the guy with the huge red nose is blowing into a handkerchief so hard it's flapping in the wind.

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

Arrath posted:

it was the happiest day of my short, lovely tenure at a gas station when they tore out the check processing crap and went to cash/plastic only.

gently caress checks.

GOD drat YES this was the best thing when my company stopped accepting checks.

And still every so often we get someone who looks bewildered about it. One customer even said "I thought everybody took checks!"

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Self-checkout machines telling me to take my stuff at the end of the transaction. What is that for? Did the people who designed it think that customers would buy a bunch of stuff and then just walk away without taking it? Also, the way they still give instructions like "Please use PIN pad to complete transaction" when you're already doing it (or have actually finished already).

KoB
May 1, 2009

Tiggum posted:

Self-checkout machines telling me to take my stuff at the end of the transaction. What is that for? Did the people who designed it think that customers would buy a bunch of stuff and then just walk away without taking it? Also, the way they still give instructions like "Please use PIN pad to complete transaction" when you're already doing it (or have actually finished already).

Its probably just a nice way to say "get out" so people dont clog the lines like idiots.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
People who are compelled to mention liver damage whenever acetaminophen is brought up. Like a pair of Tylenol pills is cyanide or something. Just don't eat them all the loving time, you halfwit.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

KoB posted:

Its probably just a nice way to say "get out" so people dont clog the lines like idiots.

Doesn't work very well, there are still idiots with 3 carts of stuff going through self-checkout like it'll somehow be faster than the lane attendant who does that work every day. I wanna punch those people, at least half the self-checkouts should be treated like express lanes, 20-25 items max to get people through faster.

Bill Dungsroman posted:

GOD drat YES this was the best thing when my company stopped accepting checks.

And still every so often we get someone who looks bewildered about it. One customer even said "I thought everybody took checks!"

Checks are stupid and should have been axed a long time ago as a form of payment, only exception being for things like rent or stuff where you want to be able to track or cancel payment. Otherwise, CC lets you do that, and cash/CC are quicker and more convenient anyways (unless you're one of the half-wit teenagers I've seen that can barely do remedial math in their heads to count change back). Speaking of change - whenever I go someplace to pay with cash and try to get rid of some change so I can get fewer pennies back. Example: Go to the store, get groceries, comes out to say, $44.97. I give the cashier $50.02 so I can get $5.05, one bill, one nickel. I'd say 75% of the time the cashier looks at me funny, tries to hand the change back, and I have to explain why I'm giving that amount of change.

How did you get a loving job not being able to do basic addition and subtraction in your head? :psyduck: And these are the same self-entitled idiots that expect $15/hour for no experience right out of high school and can't be bothered to wake up before 11am to work. gently caress stupid millennials.

BOOTY-ADE has a new favorite as of 22:38 on Aug 19, 2015

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Tiggum posted:

Self-checkout machines telling me to take my stuff at the end of the transaction. What is that for? Did the people who designed it think that customers would buy a bunch of stuff and then just walk away without taking it?

Yes. And they do. Usually not all of it, but some of it.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Yes. And they do. Usually not all of it, but some of it.

Having worked in grocery, they absolutely do. And not just in self-checkout either, in the regular checkout lanes too.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

I'm growing out a short haircut and the back of my hair keeps flipping out like a duck tail and pinning it back for months sucks. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

HOLY gently caress posted:

I'm growing out a short haircut and the back of my hair keeps flipping out like a duck tail and pinning it back for months sucks. :(

As someone who is attempting to grow out a chin-length bob, I sympathize. Mine is like, mid-neck length now, and it sucks. This has been the summer of the awkward, grubby little nub of a ponytail.