Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Is the show still set in D.C.?

I think so yeah. They've been filming it around my office here in Toronto and I've seen some presidential-looking decals on cars around the set.

That doesn't necessarily mean DC I guess but it seems likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I've seen only one commercial so far and it presented the show as a funny buddy cop scenario. It was... weird.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

flashy_mcflash posted:

I think so yeah. They've been filming it around my office here in Toronto and I've seen some presidential-looking decals on cars around the set.

That doesn't necessarily mean DC I guess but it seems likely.

Well, there you go.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Two somewhat different takes on the upcoming horror, Bite.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Gotta get the tits in there.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Evil Mastermind posted:

e: Who is that looking all doe-eyed and sensitive on the left?

That's Dash. Male lead.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

The MSJ posted:

The show is pretty much trying to be a scifi version of Fox's Sleepy Hollow, pairing a no-nonsense black woman cop with a strange white man possessing esoteric knowledge.

I think you're all missing the two live action Sky Commanders there.

So, we've crossed into from the Magical Negro to the Magic Caucasian?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

These look like they are posters for two totally different movies. The first looks like a Slither style horror comedy, and the second one looks like an Evil Dead remake style straight forward horror thing with gross out elements.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

flashy_mcflash posted:

It is amazingly gross. I saw it in Montreal, and it was absolutely nauseating.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That's some pretty lazy work around the centipede legs.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

The Bay was a found footage film that didn't completely suck.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

that didn't completely suck.

lol

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Is that supposed to be those bugs that get inside fish's mouths and replace their tongue?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Apparently so! A town pours too much junk into their water, ends up with giant-sized tongue-mites.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

It is amazingly gross. I saw it in Montreal, and it was absolutely nauseating.

I heard people vomited during the screening. I'm going to be very upset if it doesn't make it to Toronto for After Dark.

Mr. Squishy posted:

Apparently so! A town pours too much junk into their water, ends up with giant-sized tongue-mites.

It's loosely based on a true story too.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's loosely based on a true story too.

It began as an actual documentary, which seems really cool to me for some reason.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

flashy_mcflash posted:

I heard people vomited during the screening. I'm going to be very upset if it doesn't make it to Toronto for After Dark.

They absolutely did. Somebody fainted and smacked their head on the floor too apparently. My friend spent half the movie covering his eyes and going 'Dude this is loving messed up!' and he is a huge fan of Eli Roth and Adam Green.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It began as an actual documentary, which seems really cool to me for some reason.

Yeah Levinson talked about it at the screening I attended and said he actually started work on the doc, but the Frontline piece was better and more hard-hitting than anything he could ever do and went the fiction route instead.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The Bay is awesome and everyone needs to see it.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.
Mondo:

Artist: Mike Mitchell
Size: 12"x16"

Artist: Ken Taylor
Size: 36"x24"

http://www.slashfilm.com/fury-road-mondo/ posted:

All three Mad Max: Fury Road Mondo prints will be sold in a 72-hour timed edition.
Starting at 12:00AM CST on Tuesday, August 11 and going until 11:59PM CST on Thursday, August 13, these prints will be on sale via the Mondo web shop.
There aren’t even one-per-household limitations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

How do you not get flaming guitar guy in there? No really how do you miss that.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That blue poster makes Mad Max look dull and lifeless. The exact opposite of the movie itself.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

kiimo posted:

Codependent Poster posted:

That blue poster makes Mad Max look dull and lifeless. The exact opposite of the movie itself.

That one Conan O'Brien skit where he's riding on the Doof Wagon did a better job capturing the movie's look and tone than all those posters combined.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Immortan looking a little bored there. At the most, slightly peeved.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

best part of Fury Road frankly was when max and immortan joe have a solemn, reflective staredown in desolate silence

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Those aren't Mad Max posters. They are posters by that guy featuring Mad Max characters.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

kiimo posted:

I'd buy a Doof Warrior / Wagon poster.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Mister Chief posted:

Those aren't Mad Max posters. They are posters by that guy featuring Mad Max characters.

Mister Chief posted:

Ah...poo poo...you're right!

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'd buy a Doof Warrior / Wagon poster.

Don't google for them. You will end up sad and disappointed at the :mediocre: efforts.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
Nothing says Fury Road to me like a pleasant blue sky.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

MY ABACUS! posted:

What a lovely day.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

MY ABACUS! posted:

Aside from the sandstorm, the weather was actually pretty pleasant in that movie.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

And of course these are the versions that are unlimited, instead of the actually good poster they put out when the movie was first released.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
The timed edition is a good idea but 72 hours actually seems too long. You could make it a couple of hours and still sell a but load.

Posters themselves are kind of forgettable, glad I got the one I did.

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

88: Puppet Master (in the not confusing at all story order)

Retro Puppet Master

Puppet Master III

Puppet Master Axis of Evil

Puppet Master X Axis Rising

Puppet Master

Curse of the Puppet Master

Puppet Master II

Puppet Master IV

Puppet Master V

Puppet Master the Legacy

Puppet Master vs. Demonic Toys

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
I loved the Puppet Master series when I was younger and I haven't seen more than 3 of those :stare:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Retro Puppet Master stars pre The Room Greg Sestero. It's funny, he talks about getting the part in that book he wrote and how originally the producers wanted his character to have a British accent, even though the character is French.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

muscles like this? posted:

Retro Puppet Master stars pre The Room Greg Sestero. It's funny, he talks about getting the part in that book he wrote and how originally the producers wanted his character to have a British accent, even though the character is French.

Jean-Luc Picard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I never realized how much Puppet Master and Nazis intersected.