Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

The Saddest Robot posted:

If you do convert the ship prices to Big Macs I insist that you go all the way. One Big Mac icon for each bigmac that the ship would cost.

Tbh I don't trust this game to have the gherkins included, i'd totally be double checking my bag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

This argument is valid and relevant for the ongoing discussion

PITT
Sep 21, 2004
MISTER

DancingShade posted:

Quantum Drive needs to be an animated 3D goatse stretched across the screen that you fly through.

Yea but then Derek smart would chime in on twitter to say he already did that back in 2002 etc...

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
An Idris-M with LTI monetarily represented using Big Macs:

Roughly equal to half a typical :lesnick: meal.

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

thatguy posted:

Keep going. More fake ships to represent.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
That's a lot of Big Macs, that's like that fat dudes lunch for a month :eyepop:

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

thatguy posted:

peter gabriel posted:

That's a lot of Big Macs, that's like that fat dudes lunch for a month :eyepop:

I'm getting conflicting reports here.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14878-Star-Marine-Status-Update

quote:

We’re still seeing issues with player prediction, accuracy of simulation, player sliding and warping as well as hitches in player locomotion

quote:

Animation Blockers

I want to make this point extremely clear: now that we have the approved rig, it will take some time for us to process the 3,000+ animations that are needed to launch Star Marine. How much time? We’ll know more after we do some sets to completion, at which point production can schedule out the rest of the process accurately (the typical schedule includes rate of work, testing and finishing out.)

Cripes.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

xanif posted:

Maybe we mean different fat space game dudes, I don't know any names apart from the Chris Robots one

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

xanif posted:

:lesnick: is no ordinary fat man... he's... no ordinary fat man.

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

The sky is the limit

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Are this game and Chris Roberts disproportionately popular in Germany or do the German fans just have a larger online presence than other languages? I've always gotten the feeling that Germans in particular seem to love and believe in this project. I have zero hard evidence to go off of, just wondering if it seemed that way to anyone else as well.

I know Gamescom is in Cologne which is why we're getting German videos from there right now, I'm talking about more generally.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

rockopete posted:

Are this game and Chris Roberts disproportionately popular in Germany or do the German fans just have a larger online presence than other languages? I've always gotten the feeling that Germans in particular seem to love and believe in this project. I have zero hard evidence to go off of, just wondering if it seemed that way to anyone else as well.

I know Gamescom is in Cologne which is why we're getting German videos from there right now, I'm talking about more generally.

If I recall correctly, Germany is either the second or third largest group of backers, along with the US and the UK.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

thatguy posted:

You are doing god's work.

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.

Octopode posted:

If I recall correctly, Germany is either the second or third largest group of backers, along with the US and the UK.

Soon Chris Robert's photo will be proudly framed and displayed in every German household, right next to David Hasslehoff.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Javelin LTI in shoes (circa 1940s):

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
That is not a Happy Meal

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
This game looks cool, when's it releasing?

Seraph84
Aug 9, 2015

by XyloJW

rockopete posted:

A universe where they get to be roleplay people whose grandparents weren't nazis, of course they're devout cultists for the Christ Roberts.

Also rofling at this post: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/5426756/#Comment_5426756

Seraph84 fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Aug 11, 2015

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
This thread is now about :burger:.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Seraph84 posted:

A universe where they get to be roleplay people whose grandparents weren't nazis, of course they're devout cultists for the Christ Roberts.

Also rofling at this post: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/5426756/#Comment_5426756

Yes, that is indeed a hilarious post.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

thatguy posted:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

thatguy posted:

I consider myself to be pro-turkeybuger. However I will be the first to admit that beef burgers taste way better. Just the turkey ones are healthier and cheaper so I can afford to eat them more often.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

also, I'm glad to hear the FPS development is coming along, and especially glad to hear the UK team is involved, but

FPS update, August 10 2015 posted:

We added an additional display for the equipped weapon’s fire mode (single shot, burst, full auto, etc.) to the weapons widget and we added a message indicating when you’ve picked up ammo.

god drat they were nowhere near close to releasing this months ago, at least with the standards CR seems to have set. I would love to get my hands on a build of whatever they had in...May? June? Whenever we were originally told the release month was. And this was set out like 6 months beforehand at the earliest, it's not like some 2012 rough estimate.

Have they been contracted to keep tweaking and updating the FPS after the full release, or will CIG take care of that? From what I've seen from Illfonic, the sooner they drop off to work on Revival, the better.

rockopete fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Aug 11, 2015

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I consider myself to be pro-turkeybuger. However I will be the first to admit that beef burgers taste way better. Just the turkey ones are healthier and cheaper so I can afford to eat them more often.

I would rather a turkey burg, than no burg at all.

Let's talk about how loving embarrassing it is that so many burg places fail so miserably with their french fries, with this bullshit fresh cut right in to the oil style vs par cooked frozen double fried goodness that is the highest aspiration of all fries everywhere

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

Why walk out when you can outrun?

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Stop oppressing us veggie-burgerkin, you close-minded carnivore scum.

Seraph84
Aug 9, 2015

by XyloJW

The Marauder posted:

Stop oppressing us veggie-burgerkin, you close-minded carnivore scum.
You protein-deficient pussies are the first ones getting eaten when the apocalypse begins, you know that, right?

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Oven Wrangler
Stop posting.

motorocker
Dec 23, 2013

Soiled Meat
mmmmmm......Star Citizen

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

xanif posted:

Stop posting.

Make me.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think he is talking to seraph

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Turkey doesn't belong in a burger. Trying to burg a turkey just makes a mockery of turkey and a mockery of burgers.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Oven Wrangler

Eonwe posted:

I think he is talking to seraph

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

This burger can be yours for only a $250 pledge level with LTI.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
I would like a modular version where that disgusting non-consensual gluten is optional. Ruining my immersion with that vile stuff.

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.
I hate you for posting that.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

How much does this go for on the grey market?

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

Why walk out when you can outrun?

If I could wreck that burger every day and get it replaced for free forever, I'd totally buy it. No lie; no shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt Underpants
Nov 19, 2008

Simply Irresistible
Grimey Drawer

Gerbil_Pen posted:

Has anyone bookmarked the original SC thread? Please share if you have it.

Star Citizen thread mk I (gassed)
Star Citizen thread mk II
Star Citizen thread mk III

Also:
Ask A Goon (RSI)

• Locked thread