Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Dunderhead posted:

Add me on psn (same name) if you want to play

Sent you a friend request, can always use more heisting pals and goon night participants

SectumSempra posted:

I've never played the heists so I don't even know. I tried with one person on a set up mission and they kept dying because they wandered away from me to get police cars, so I quit.

What's your PSN ID?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I'm sorry for whatever happened Friday night. I remember a nothing aside that I couldn't download some other game because psn sucks.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

coupedeville posted:

alternate universe female trevor? she looks like one bad bitch

I never knew how much I wanted female Trevor, god drat that would've been great

nintendo65
Oct 16, 2008

Two universes separated by a membrane! It causes gravity! I have a uni degree in SCIENCE!!1!

Holiday Lobster posted:

Big hugs to the people last night helping me faceplant my way through the Humane Raid setup and actual thing itself. Ya'll are the best. ILY ALL. Also I need to re-install mumble.

Feel free to add me and let me know if you need some help running heists or doing anything. IGN/Rockstar name is Tijuana_Lou

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

Holiday Lobster posted:

Also I need to re-install mumble.

:omarcomin:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Capn Beeb posted:

I never knew how much I wanted female Trevor, god drat that would've been great

I saw Japanese Trevor when I visited the country last month. I woulda got a photo of him but, well, he looked like Trevor.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Man Pacific Standard is even more intolerable now that everybody has to be a loving expert on how to get to the boat by any way except the path the game tells you to while on the bikes. Unless you have the apartment with the Kuruma it just makes it 10x harder and stupider and you can't lose the cops, but people are sooo sure.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Also gently caress anybody who won't set it to 20% for everyone else.

titties
May 10, 2012

HORMELCHILI posted:

Man Pacific Standard is even more intolerable now that everybody has to be a loving expert on how to get to the boat by any way except the path the game tells you to while on the bikes. Unless you have the apartment with the Kuruma it just makes it 10x harder and stupider and you can't lose the cops, but people are sooo sure.

Killing the hostages and taking the armored NOOSE truck that spawns a block away from the motorcycles is actually exceptionally easy provided that your group doesn't have a scrublord that can't survive long enough to make it to the bikes.

also RIP bitbasher, does anyone on PS4 want to run Pacific Standard? We are prepared for the Kuruma Glitch

E: full up

titties fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Aug 10, 2015

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

titties posted:

Killing the hostages and taking the armored NOOSE truck that spawns a block away from the motorcycles is actually exceptionally easy provided that your group doesn't have a scrublord that can't survive long enough to make it to the bikes.

also RIP bitbasher, does anyone on PS4 want to run Pacific Standard? We are prepared for the Kuruma Glitch

E: full up

That's actually a good idea.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Was just in a game on PC and a guy was hacking money and a freaking R* employee jumped on and started asking questions. They had a little R* Verified tag next to their name. Pretty crazy.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Haha, cool.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

titties posted:

Sorry, real life popped up on very short notice!

Holiday Lobster
Oct 27, 2009

I am going to smack everyone into tiny little pieces.
:h:

nintendo65 posted:

Feel free to add me and let me know if you need some help running heists or doing anything. IGN/Rockstar name is Tijuana_Lou

Lou boo you're on my list already! (GlipGlops)!!!!

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

HORMELCHILI posted:

On my 5th or so try, we had a goon that DEMANDED we do a specific route. It wasn't too much different than what we were already doing, but he insisted on being the team captain and got pissy if we didn't follow exactly what he said to do. He probably thinks that he was responsible for us succeeding, failing to realize we already knew what we were doing.

UserErr0r fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Aug 10, 2015

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

HORMELCHILI posted:

I think it's more fun to steal a 4 door because of the rolling machine gun of doom you become

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Is there something I am supposed to do for access to the GTA V mumble channel? I can connect to the server, but I am denied access to the GTA V channel.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
You need to register. Right-click on your name in the list and there should be an option.

Quill fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Aug 10, 2015

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

UserErr0r posted:

On my 5th or so try, we had a goon that DEMANDED we do a specific route. It wasn't too much different than what we were already doing, but he insisted on being the team captain and got pissy if we didn't follow exactly what he said to do. He probably thinks that he was responsible for us succeeding, failing to realize we already knew what we were doing.

Sounds like a goon.

Holiday Lobster
Oct 27, 2009

I am going to smack everyone into tiny little pieces.
:h:
Sorry to ask this but I can't find it in this thread: can someone PM me the mumble info for you guys? Thankssss.

E nevermind. was on the first page. i'm a dipshit.

Holiday Lobster fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Aug 10, 2015

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Is there something I am supposed to do for access to the GTA V mumble channel? I can connect to the server, but I am denied access to the GTA V channel.

You just read the one thing that pops up when you connect

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

titties posted:

Sent you a friend request, can always use more heisting pals and goon night participants

What's your PSN ID?

Windsurferash2 :j:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
So I was driving around with User and then something happened.

titties
May 10, 2012

BitBasher posted:

Sorry, real life popped up on very short notice!

I guess I'll let it slide this time but you're on thin ice mister

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Yeah, I don't do weird routes on a bike in Pac Standard. Either someone has a Karuma, or if I have to ride a bike I'm following the yellow line it gives me.

titties
May 10, 2012

FuturePastNow posted:

Yeah, I don't do weird routes on a bike in Pac Standard. Either someone has a Karuma, or if I have to ride a bike I'm following the yellow line it gives me.

Taking the bikes and using the route it marks for you is obviously designed to give the most fitting end to the heist, no doubt, but I always remain open to an alternate route or strategy because there are a couple of scenarios that I have dealt with that makes finishing that way functionally impossible.

1. Someone has a level 20 tag-along little brother / irl friend who can only carry 3 extra armor and who has like 30% of the health and armor that everyone else does. They die instantly and if you dump them you have to spend an extra 20 minutes rounding up 2 more players.

2. The host is lagging, causing really bad pop-in and teleporting cars which makes riding the bikes impossible.

I posted a video earlier which shows a route that has virtually no cops, nothing wrong with using it if it makes the difference between completing the heist or not.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

Singleplayer is canceled, guys.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
RIP Sadius Omega

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

titties posted:

Taking the bikes and using the route it marks for you is obviously designed to give the most fitting end to the heist, no doubt, but I always remain open to an alternate route or strategy because there are a couple of scenarios that I have dealt with that makes finishing that way functionally impossible.

1. Someone has a level 20 tag-along little brother / irl friend who can only carry 3 extra armor and who has like 30% of the health and armor that everyone else does. They die instantly and if you dump them you have to spend an extra 20 minutes rounding up 2 more players.

2. The host is lagging, causing really bad pop-in and teleporting cars which makes riding the bikes impossible.

I posted a video earlier which shows a route that has virtually no cops, nothing wrong with using it if it makes the difference between completing the heist or not.

I played Pac Standard with a bunch of pubbies (albeit a pretty decent bunch of pubbies). Instead of following Lester's route on bike, we simply went up the coastal road directly to the dinghy and encountered a lot less resistance along the way.

I tried Pac Standard earlier with a completely different bunch of pubbies. The leader insisted that we all go to the dinghy in one car, then proceeds to pick the slowest vehicles (mostly SUVs) for the getaway. We're all supposed to jump out of the car as soon as we launch off the cliff, except 1) we never have enough speed to get decent air (because that poo poo was designed for the bikes, not slow-rear end POS cars) and 2) a couple of people (myself included) always hit the surrounding cliffs and eat poo poo. It got so bad that the guy actually rage quit and kicked us all out of the heist.

titties
May 10, 2012

Tubesock Holocaust posted:

We're all supposed to jump out of the car as soon as we launch off the cliff, except 1) we never have enough speed to get decent air (because that poo poo was designed for the bikes, not slow-rear end POS cars) and 2) a couple of people (myself included) always hit the surrounding cliffs and eat poo poo. It got so bad that the guy actually rage quit and kicked us all out of the heist.

I don't know why anyone thinks that's a good strategy after trying it once. The car's motion is pretty much always going to fling someone directly into the side of the cliff.

I learned from running it with Ranacher that if you're in a car you can just drive up to the last checkpoint, back up like 2 feet, and gently drive down the side of the mountain. You still lose your wanted level.

I also learned last night to stagger your motorcycle jumps after someone's bike came flying off the cliff, fouled my chute, and sent me plummeting to my death.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Tubesock Holocaust posted:

I played Pac Standard with a bunch of pubbies (albeit a pretty decent bunch of pubbies). Instead of following Lester's route on bike, we simply went up the coastal road directly to the dinghy and encountered a lot less resistance along the way.

I tried Pac Standard earlier with a completely different bunch of pubbies. The leader insisted that we all go to the dinghy in one car, then proceeds to pick the slowest vehicles (mostly SUVs) for the getaway. We're all supposed to jump out of the car as soon as we launch off the cliff, except 1) we never have enough speed to get decent air (because that poo poo was designed for the bikes, not slow-rear end POS cars) and 2) a couple of people (myself included) always hit the surrounding cliffs and eat poo poo. It got so bad that the guy actually rage quit and kicked us all out of the heist.

If you take a car never drive to the cliff. The way points are actually irrelevant. just set a map marker on the boat itself and drive straight there. I prefer driving straight up the GOH.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
I made a completely unplanned thing. Keep action replay on at all times, kids.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62j12hTm_oQ
I ended the recording a bit too early, so I had to find an alternative ending. Don't hate.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

BitBasher posted:

If you take a car never drive to the cliff. The way points are actually irrelevant. just set a map marker on the boat itself and drive straight there. I prefer driving straight up the GOH.

That's basically what the other (good) pubbies did. Good thing the checkpoints aren't mandatory as long as you get to the dinghy in time.

Also forgot - one of the pubbies had an apartment close to the shootout route, so instead of slogging it to the bikes in the alley, we all went inside the apartment, piled into his armored Kuruma and booked it down the GOH in style.

90s Solo Cup fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Aug 11, 2015

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
did they take out some songs from the radio when they remade the game?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
So I do the Fleeca Job with a pubbie host, because what's the worst that could happen?
Well...

I have no idea how this happened but they said they couldn't get the values positive. They kept messing with the cut trying to make it right and wildly fluctuating between like -70% and 70%, but at least one of us was always negative and they couldn't seem to do anything about it. So all we can do is hope that the game doesn't gently caress up this badly and doesn't actually take money away from us.
We start the job, it goes smoothly, and then

Yay!

Oh.

Oh.

Anyway, thanks to Top Hats Monthly for running Fleeca with me again and not having the cuts bug out. :toot:

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I tried running Flecca for the first time with a pubbie and we couldn't dive away after the first setup mission. Car just wouldn't go and we couldn't get out either. Weird poo poo.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Zutaten posted:

Last night a hacker took me on a magical 5 star wanted rating ride in a flying Insurgent where I used the gun to shoot down a bunch of police helicopters, and all I got out of that was a ton of fun and a hollow empty wish for rail shooting magic Insurgent flight to be a real activity in GTA.

I like this post, it's fun

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

mutata posted:

I tried running Flecca for the first time with a pubbie and we couldn't dive away after the first setup mission. Car just wouldn't go and we couldn't get out either. Weird poo poo.

Was this the old game locks up as you drive into the garage with Lester and Paige at the end of the first setup bug?

I believe they fixed that, but even if they didn't it still counts that setup mission as complete.

In other news, notice how the top 10 pc players are nearly all mumble crew. if you don't already, get on mumble jerks.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

zooted heh posted:

did they take out some songs from the radio when they remade the game?

No, they added a whole bunch so if you're trying to find a specific song on the radio the odds of it coming up are lower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

UserErr0r posted:

I made a completely unplanned thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62j12hTm_oQ
I ended the recording a bit too early, so I had to find an alternative ending. Don't hate.

This is awesome.

UserErr0r posted:

Keep action replay on at all times, kids.
And this is the absolute truth. Press F2 as soon as you're in game, every time.

• Locked thread